WEEI Postgame Comment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Re: WEEI Postgame Comment

Listen... if ever there was a shaky 14-2 team, it was the 2010 Patriots.  They are well coached and Belichick got the most out of this young team.  We all knew the defense was not championship worthy.

The mistake these Forumheads make is they drink kool-aid that coaching/ QBing wins out. History wins out.

Not true!

Whatever you think of Rex Ryan, he has the pulse of his team and has that feel of a 2000 Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl team.  I don't like it, but they won and deserve the respect.  Thats how it works in sports.  You win, you get the glory. You lose, and you need to man up.  Some people in this region (and most forum bullies in here)  are addicted to the glory and believe they are entitled to it.

The Patriots are Super Bowl contenders again WHEN they fix the defense. More pass rush and stronger LB play in the short passing game. Until then, Brady will be hammered and no coaching god can make victories appear.

Lets see how they draft!  Go Patriots, thanks for an unexpected fun season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

LNO - good post. It hurts, but it is time to move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Good post latenightowl. Everyone hates for their team to lose, especially in the playoffs, but in a one game playoff, you never know what can happen. I don't blame many of the patriot fans on here who are disappointed and even upset with the loss. Especially since the Patriots were in my opinion  and most patriot fans, the favorite team to win it all.  But I will say, there are many on here who always seem to 'man up' after a loss. Disappointed, but no excuses. And they don't jump off the bandwagon and throw their team under the bus after a loss. The Jets have a very good defense, and Steeler fans who are relieved because we won't have to face the Patriots, better not start counting their chickens before their hatched. I agree with the one poster who said the Jets remind him of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Although I know we match up better against the Jets then the Patriots,the Jets have already beaten us at home this season. I like our chances much better with Polamalu playing this time, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets win again. They seem like a team on a mission, just wish they could show a little more class when they win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI Postgame Comment:
    [QUOTE]Listen... if ever there was a shaky 14-2 team, it was the 2010 Patriots.  They are well coached and Belichick got the most out of this young team.  We all knew the defense was not championship worthy. The mistake these Forumheads make is they drink kool-aid that coaching/ QBing wins out. History wins out. Not true! Whatever you think of Rex Ryan, he has the pulse of his team and has that feel of a 2000 Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl team.  I don't like it, but they won and deserve the respect.  Thats how it works in sports.  You win, you get the glory. You lose, and you need to man up.  Some people in this region (and most forum bullies in here)  are addicted to the glory and believe they are entitled to it. The Patriots are Super Bowl contenders again WHEN they fix the defense. More pass rush and stronger LB play in the short passing game. Until then, Brady will be hammered and no coaching god can make victories appear. Lets see how they draft!  Go Patriots, thanks for an unexpected fun season. 
    Posted by LatenightOwl[/QUOTE]
    nice point fix the D and were big contenders people forgot that even though we wre playing well D wise the last 8 it was still stat wise near the bottom of the league

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed LNO.  I was surprised as anyone that this team went 14-2 being so young and losing some key guys.  Bodes well for the future that a young team with some holes can go 14-2.  Would have liked to see a better showing on O yesterday, Brady picked a bad day to have a so-so game, but the Jets had a lot to do with that and they deserved to win.   

That being said, there are a lot of guys on the Jets that are detestable (Cromartie, Edwards, Scott, Tomlinson leading the way) and I hope they get their butts whipped by Pittsburgh.  It would've been poetic justice to see Edwards sprain his ankle after doing that backflip.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No excuses.  Too many what ifs equate to non-execution.  That's all.
    What gets me is I was upset all week listening to all the Jets mouth off and had to see them win and mouth off last night.  Then there's faking the injuries to slow down the game etc..
    Again, no excuses the Jets were the better team.
    I just can't swallow it ,  sometimes there is no justice in sports. I just hope the Steelers justify the BS the Jets are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Hey, all pats fans thought the Pats would win the SuperBowl. They beat all the good teams during the regular season and Home field advantage. That's why they were a 5-6 favorite in Vegas. It's f&%kin game at the end of the day and I'm not happy about getting bounced but I'm getting chinese food for lunch to make up for it.