WEEI vs 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Birdcaron. Show Birdcaron's posts

WEEI vs 98.5

Great article...

http://bingobar.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: WEEI vs 98.5

It is simple for me...I check WEEI first....then when they go to commercial, I change it to Sports hub......if they are in commercial or talking about hockey, I will change it back to WEEI comercial and wait for the program.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I listened to sports radio religiously for about 15 years when it first started up full time. I hardly ever tune in any more because it is very redundant and depending on the particular show insulting. These guys could spend 2 weeks straight talking about "Manny being Manny". I would say the only show I tune into right now would be Tanguay and Zolak during football season when I'm looking for inside scoops. I also used to like to listen to Pete and Fred after a Patriots victory but from what I understand EEI axed Pete Sheperd recently so I won't be tuning into that any more.  WEEI VS 98.5....98.5 has pretty much tried to copy what EEI is doing so I think it's probably a matter of who you like personally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI vs 98.5:
    I listened to sports radio religiously for about 15 years when it first started up full time. I hardly ever tune in any more because it is very redundant and depending on the particular show insulting. These guys could spend 2 weeks straight talking about "Manny being Manny". I would say the only show I tune into right now would be Tanguay and Zolak during football season when I'm looking for inside scoops. I also used to like to listen to Pete and Fred after a Patriots victory but from what I understand EEI axed Pete Sheperd recently so I won't be tuning into that any more.  WEEI VS 98.5....98.5 has pretty much tried to copy what EEI is doing so I think it's probably a matter of who you like personally.
    Posted by ewhite1065

In what way?  They seem like they're trying to do their own thing, provide a more interactive format with the texting and instant feedback and allowing people to talk without getting blown up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

I hate WEEI. The only good thing they have is Michael Holley. The 2 idiots that complain about Obama for 4 hours in the moring are terrible. Dale stinks and the Big show is a complete joke, all they do is yell over callers and blow them up if they dont like them. That and the AM static is awful

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI vs 98.5 : In what way?  They seem like they're trying to do their own thing, provide a more interactive format with the texting and instant feedback and allowing people to talk without getting blown up. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I think the early morning show is a different format but I find Felger and Mazz to be completely EEI like to a point where they seem to be trying to out do the Big show in the area of obnoxiousness. That's actually a show that I find to be insulting. Tanguay and Zolak are a toned down "Level Headed" version of that, somewhat in the Mold of Dale and Holly. I'm talking in a general sense for my personal entertainment. The texting stuff doesn't concern me much but I do agree with you about people getting blown up and I've heard Felger and Mazz shout down plenty of people in the limited time that I listened which to me is just as bad as the blow up. After years of sports radio I just find it much faster and easier to grab my sports news off the internet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I hate WEEI. The only good thing they have is Michael Holley. The 2 idiots that complain about Obama for 4 hours in the moring are terrible. Dale stinks and the Big show is a complete joke, all they do is yell over callers and blow them up if they dont like them. That and the AM static is awful
    Posted by uncommon13

Funny, I don't like the mid day show at all....Dale and Holley are both terrible.....

AM static?  I listen to 103.7 FM.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI vs 98.5 : I think the early morning show is a different format but I find Felger and Mazz to be completely EEI like to a point where they seem to be trying to out do the Big show in the area of obnoxiousness. That's actually a show that I find to be insulting. Tanguay and Zolak are a toned down "Level Headed" version of that, somewhat in the Mold of Dale and Holly. I'm talking in a general sense for my personal entertainment. The texting stuff doesn't concern me much but I do agree with you about people getting blown up and I've heard Felger and Mazz shout down plenty of people in the limited time that I listened which to me is just as bad as the blow up. After years of sports radio I just find it much faster and easier to grab my sports news off the internet.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Felger and Mazz are the worst show of all of the 2 stations.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

WEEI = old, out-of-touch, out-dated personalities, sense of entitlement, constant off topic discussions to fill in time (i.e., politics), not listener friendly, insulting, unprofessional with the exception of a few quality hosts

98.5= new, hip, listener friendly, up incoming, balanced, informative journalism, still developing but great start
     Its not even a contest for me  . . . 98.5 hands down WEEI would benefit greatly if they got rid of D&C – its one thing to be opinionated but totally another thing to be insulting and out-of-touch/unbalanced especially when it comes to politics.  
    Keep it simple -        sports radio = sports journalism

sports radio ≠ politics forum

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

What goes with Pete Shepard?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI vs 98.5 : Funny, I don't like the mid day show at all....Dale and Holley are both terrible..... AM static?  I listen to 103.7 FM.....
    Posted by m1021us

I live in NH on the Mass border. 103.7 doesnt come in here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI vs 98.5 : Felger and Mazz are the worst show of all of the 2 stations.....
    Posted by m1021us

I agree completely. The most unlistenable sports show I've ever heard and I haven't talked to anyone personally that likes them.I keep wondering if they will make any changes but from what I've heard the ratings on that show are better than what they initially anticipated and ratings are everything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Damon Amendolara makes me want to jump off the Tobin.  Completely unlistenable.  They need to make a change to the night time drive home because this clown is as bad as it gets.  Terrible. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

WEEI only @ 10...Thoguh I'd love them to team up Christian Fauria with Mike Holley. They have a better time and I thik it makes the show more lively. More show their jerks and seem to care less about sports and more about politics. And the Big show is just ....well LAME...unitl friday whiner line calls that is. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I listen to Boston sports radio on the internet, and until Damon arrived I thought it was pretty bad.  The D.A. show is the only one I listen too.  WEEI is a complete joke.  I can't stand Pittsburgh loving Andy Gresh(he's a steeler fan).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

WEEI is mostly unlistenable, with the exception of Mike Holley.  The WEEI a.m. lineup consists of way too much right wing propaganda by two guys that would be much more listenable if the station just saw fit to separate them from one another so that their frustrated conservative schtick would be heard less often.  They had Gerald Amirault on the show, a guy they skewered countless times and called him every name in the book, just so they could have him rip everyone in the political arena who is a Democrat.  D & C stooped so low, even for them, and they will forever be considered garbage radio to me.        

The big show is ok as long as Fred Smerlas is nowhere near the microphone. 

The 98.5 Sportshub lineups are much more entertaining.  I thought Toettcher and Rich would bomb, but they have proven to be funny and they know more about sports than I thought they would.  Tanguay and Zolak?  More listenable than their peers.  Maz and Felger?  Would rather hear them chirp because for the most part they take their critisms by callers and don't go into a whiney tirade if someone questions their views -- unlike the Big Show, where they shout callers down.  Don't love Amendolara's style all the time, but there is more substance to him than mostly every other host in Boston. 

I will never go back to WEEI, and I hope 98.5 blows their doors off. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

98.5 THE SPORTS HUB HANDS DOWN. I HAVEN'T TURNED WEEI ON SINCE THE SPORTS HUB DEBUTED ON AUGUST 17TH. GO SPORTS HUB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Birdcaron. Show Birdcaron's posts

I agree. Holly is the best by far!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Damon Amendolara makes me want to jump off the Tobin.  Completely unlistenable.  They need to make a change to the night time drive home because this clown is as bad as it gets.  Terrible. 
    Posted by 123meg

Agreed, but I'd rather listen to him than Mike Adams on EEI.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Holley is great... Everyone else is a toss up besides him... I hate MAZZ & FELGER, both of them try way to hard to bash boston teams... I hated the time when moss had that game vs carolina... both of them went on for about 3 weeks about moss being a dog... I dont think i've heard them say anything about his seperated shoulder ever since then. But they're still better than WEEI because of the format. I hate the big show, way 2 many people just talking over each other and always digressing into very bad jokes... Neither radio station is impressive though... They all have their agenda's and don't know much about sports. Holley is the exception..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL-LMFAO!!! Now it makes perfect sense , most of you have no idea what your talking about because you listen and get or opinions/thoughts from losers who also have no idea what their talking about. Now its all coming together LOL , both of them make up a perfect dogchit sandwhich! The losers from EEI need a dreul cup , the losers from 98.5 need their diaper changed. Honestly I cant think for the life of why anyone would actually listen to that BS? Do you really think Mike Felger knows sports , and what about Mazz , cmon that DD BaG wears a diaper and likes it. Seriously you guys really listen to that chite. Like I said , it makes perfect sense because 98% of you have a sports IQ as small as Felgers tittys

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I was forced to listen to music this morning....it was either golf on EEI or Hockey on 98.5.....YUCK!  Next thing you know there will be car racing and tennis talk.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I find both stations to be very difficult to listen to, and I would prefer a nationally syndicated sports radio channel as an alternative.  The only hosts I tune in for is Butch Sterns on Saturday.  He loves talking about football, and hardly ever veers off-topic. 

Sections
Shortcuts