Week 12 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Week 12 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Re: Week 12 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]One sided arguments like the one in the Projo drive me nuts! NO has given up more points than the Pats, and if we go by Jim Donalson's only argument, the only " top-quality" QB they NO has faced is Eli Manning (and that is me being generous)! So if according to him the Pats will lose b/c the only good QB they have faced in Peyton Manning, then the same argument can be made that the Saints have not faced one good QB and they have given up more points...aarrrrrrgh Yes, I am concerned about our injuries, and this is definately a game that concerns me, but shouldn't writer present both sides of the argument? If you are going to dismiss the Patriots defense b/c they have not face top-quality QBs, then what does that say about the NO defense? NE is ranked 2nd in points allowed, NO 13th, so by his own arguments, NE should win, not lose!
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Donaldson usually writes interesting, informative articles. But here, he makes pretty much a blank statement that the Patriots have no chance.

If the Pays OL is as riddled with injuries as we're led to believe, then he has a point. If the Pats are unable to adequately protect Tom Brady from the Saints' DEs and blitzing schemes, turnovers will follow...and it will be a long evening for the good guys. 

Lets' hope thats' not the case. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Week 12 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Without Big Ben, the Steelers have been given +7.5 points, instead of three. So, it causes me to rethink my position on the pick. I'll take the Ben-less Steelers, plus the 7.5.