Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1.) (9-2) New York Jets (+3.5) @ (9-2) New England Patriots: Game of the year my arsse, this aint even game of the week. The Jets  have beaten 4 cupcakes recently and 2 of those (HOU&CIN) they got gift wrapped . Even@DET too. The Pats just appear to be the better team.  The Jets and Pats are this years media darlings. That’s not a good thing, look what has happened Peyton all these times he’s been media darling #1. Both of these teams will be sittin’ on the couch come Jan 23. The team that protects the football wins. PICK: Pats;

2.) (5-6) Houston Texans (+9) @ (7-4) Philadelphia Eagles: 9 is too much. PICK: Texans;

3.) (2-9) Buffalo Bills (+6.5) @ (4-7) Minnesota Vikings: Bills lose but cover. #1 pick at stake PICK: Bills;

4.) (4-7) Cleveland Browns (+4.5) @ (6-5) Miami Dolphins: Dolphins appear to be finally be playing defense PICK: Dolphins;

5.) (6-5) Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) @ (5-6) Tennessee Titans: Fisher is going to Dallas, maybe not. PICK: Jaguars;

6.) (3-8) Denver Broncos (+8) @ (7-4) Kansas City Chiefs: Broncos outright  PICK: Donkeys;   

7.) (5-6) Washington Redskins (+7) @ (7-4) New York Giants: Shanahan is the most overrated coach ever, the old codger is losin’ his marbles and his touch PICK: Giants;

8.) (8-3) Chicago Bears @ (2-9) Detroit Lions (+3.5): I don’t see the Bears defense allowing the Lions offense to do much. PICK: Bears;

9.) (4-7) San Francisco 49ers (+10) @ (7-4) Green Bay Packers: Packers are in the Jet overrated category, but they’ll still win here. PICK: Packers;

10.) (8-3) New Orleans Saints @ (2-9) Cincinnati Bengals (+7): SSShhhhh! The Saints are quietly looking very good. PICK: Saints;

11.) (9-2) Atlanta Falcons @ (7-4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3): The Bucs will slide right out of the playoffs  PICK: Falcons;    

13.) (5-6) Oakland Raiders (+13) @ (6-5) San Diego Chargers: Wanna make some $$$. Get bold & put your money on the best team in football right now. PICK: Chargers by 22;

14.) (1-10) Carolina Panthers (+6) @ (5-6) Seattle Seahawks: LOCK PICK: Seahawks;

15.) (3-8) Dallas Cowboys (+5.5) @ (6-5) Indianapolis Colts: The Cowboys defense is not as good as the previous opponent PICK: Colts;

16.) (5-6) St. Louis Rams @ (3-8) Arizona Cardinals (+2.5): The rams will win this division at 8-8 or 9-7 PICK: Rams;

17.) (8-3) Pittsburgh Steelers (+3) @ (8-3) Baltimore Ravens: Home team, provide Flacco doesn’t gift wrap it PICK: Ravens

BEST BET : SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, ATLANTA FALCONS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]In watching the Jets over the last month and watching the Patriots improve on offense I would say the Pats will score at a much higher rate than we did earlier in the year. The Pats big problem in the 1st game against the Jets was their unwillingness to use the Tight Ends and the short passing game. I'm not a stats guy, I just look at the teams as they match up on the field. This Jets defense isn't as great as I thought when the season started. They are very good but a balanced attack from the Patriots will put points up in the high 20's. I personally am of the opinion that the best defense we have faced so far this year has been the Chargers. they were relentless and faster than any other D we have seen and we moved the ball against them. That's why I think we win. Our run defense is better than it was earlier in the year; Our running and passing game is better. The jets look about the same. Look for an all out assualt using our tight ends and if the Jets want to rush 3 and drop back into coverage we'll hammer the running game. If the Pats do win the Chances are they will cover.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

As I stated previously, the Jets know that they must pressure Tom Brady to win:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/12/01/2010-12-01_jets_know_they_must_pressure_quarterback_tom_brady_relentlessly_in_order_to_defe.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

You are right about the stats don't lie.  But Sanchez will have a cold day at the Foxborough on this monday night.  The Pat will win in the old fashion way.
    Pats 24 Jets 13.
    In Response to Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Every week, there are usually two or three games that vie for the title of, "Game of the Week". Not so in Week 13...with the Patriots and the Green Goblins set to square off a week from tonight, in Foxboro. Referring to Jets game as the "Game of the Week" is really a misnomer. To paraphrase Goblins' coach, Rex Ryan....this is the marquee game of the season. The NY Post referred to it as much more than a game...but rather as a holy war between the teams, and fans of their respective communities. So, without further ado, let's get to the the "Game of the Week/Year...Jihad": 1.) (9-2) New York Jets (+3.5) @ (9-2) New England Patriots: I can remember my statistics professor saying, "Statistics don't lie...and sooner or later, the laws of probability will be served." Thus far, the Patriots have violated the stat laws. They are first in the league in scoring, averaging over 30 points per game. Yet, they rank a pedestrian 16th in run offense, and 12th in passing.  The Patriots share the AFC's best record with the Goblins. Yet, defensively, they rank 16th against the run, and  dead last against the pass.       The Jets currently boast the 4th best defense in the league, holding opponents to just 17 points per game. Their "D" ranks 4th against the run, and 12th against the pass. On offense, they are 2nd in run offense, and 19th in passing.       These stats, and an objective look at each roster, seem to indicate that the Jets are as good as, or better than the Patriots, at every position but QB. But, as I stated during the pre-season, the Jets will only go as far as QB Mark Sanchez can take them. No Brady, he...but he has shown an uncanny, annoying penchant for leading his team from behind, in the closing minutes of games.       The Patriots' season rests on the outcome of this game. Win it, and they most likely win their division, earn a playoff bye, and home field advantage throughout the play-offs. Lose it, and they'll be doomed to being nothing more than playoff fodder.      Percentages, odds, and statistics dictate that the Jets win this game. But, as we know, probability and stats can run hay-wire on any given Sunday, especially when Tom Brady and BB are involved. Frankly, I can't see the Patriots "D" containing the Goblin running game, and, with all due apologies to Devin McCourty, successfully match-up with Jets' WRs Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards...not to mention TE Dustin Keller, and LT, swinging out of the backfield.      Percentages, odds, and stats are cold, hard things. It's not the way you should act, or feel. But, it is the way to bet, especially with a 3.5 point spread: PICK: Jets...and I'd especially welcome posts from those of you who think I'm wrong, explaining why you think that the Pats will win; 2.) (5-6) Houston Texans (+9) @ (7-4) Philadelphia Eagles: The good news for the Texans is that their star WR, Andre Johnson, escaped suspension, despite going Mike Tyson on the itch known as Cortland Finnegan. The bad news is their awful defense won't be dealing with the likes of Florida Atlantic product, "Trusty" Rusty Smith, at QB, this week. Nonetheless, a nine (9) point spread seems a tad too generous: PICK: Texans; 3.) (2-9) Buffalo Bills (+6.5) @ (4-7) Minnesota Vikings: The Bills managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory again last week, against the Steelers. Buffalo WRs Stevie Johnson and Lee Evans each dropped passes in OT that would have secured a Bills win. It was the third OT loss for Buffalo this year. But, Bills' head coach Chan Gailey has his team playing about as well as it can, week after week. Though the Vikings managed to eek past the Redskins last Sunday, they didn't appear to be that jazzed, under the direction of interim head coach, Leslie Frazier. Losing star RB Adrian Peterson due to an ankle injury didn't help the cause, either. His availability for this game has yet to be determined: PICK: Bills; 4.) (4-7) Cleveland Browns (+4.5) @ (6-5) Miami Dolphins: Jake Delhomme did everything in his power to gift wrap a victory for his former team, by tossing two interceptions, including a pick-6, in Cleveland's extremely unimpressive 24-23 home win, over the woeful Panthers. Not surprisingly, Browns' coach Eric Mangini has refused to commit to Jake as his starting QB for this game. Though Delhomme was awful, RB Peyton Hillis continued his stellar play, as he rushed for 131 yards on 26 carries, and scored three (3) TDs. He also hauled in six (6) passes, for an additional 63 yards. Meanwhile, the "Fins turned in perhaps their best game of the season, in their 33-17 drubbing of the Raiders, in Oakland. RBs Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown rushed for a combined 180 yards, and QB Chad Henne regained his mojo, passing for 307 yards, and a pair of TDs. The "shiny hood ornament" theory ( http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3366_CHFF_puts_its_own_%27hood_ornament%27_theory_to_the_test.html ) appears to once again hold true, as the 'Fins came up with this offensive explosion without their grossly overpaid WR, Brandon Marshall. Assuming that Jake Delhomme starts: PICK: Dolphins; 5.) (6-5) Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) @ (5-6) Tennessee Titans: Titans' rookie QB, Rusty Smith, was so bad last week against the Texans (27.6 passing rating), that Tennessee coach, Jeff Fisher is considering rushing back injured QB Kerry Collins (calf injury). The Jaguars are still kicking themselves for blowing a golden opportunity to take control of the rather weak AFC South last week. They blew an 11 point 4th quarter lead to the Giants at the Meadowlands. Jags QB, David Gerrard, who injured his wrist during the Jags' last gasp final drive, should be ready to go: PICK: Jaguars; 6.) (3-8) Denver Broncos (+8) @ (7-4) Kansas City Chiefs:  When these teams met three weeks ago in Denver, the Broncos smoked the Chiefs, 49-29. At the end of that game, Chiefs' coach Todd Haley was screaming at Broncos' head man, Josh McDaniels, accusing him of running up the score. Could be the other way around, this weekend...as Matt Cassel is on a roll: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/ PICK: Chiefs;     7.) (5-6) Washington Redskins (+7) @ (7-4) New York Giants:  Multiple injuries on their OL and at WR have left the Giants a shadow of what they once were, several weeks ago. The G-men were extremely lucky to escape with a win over the Jaguars last weekend. They may not be as fortunate this coming Sunday, as the Redskins will give them all they can handle: PICK: Redskins; 8.) (8-3) Chicago Bears @ (2-9) Detroit Lions (+3.5): On opening day, the Bears stole one from the Lions, when the refs took away what should have been a last second TD grab by Detroit's star WR, Calvin Johnson. What a difference a few months makes, as the Bears' "D" has emerged as the NFC's best. The Lions' are still snarling from their 45-24 Thanksgiving Day stuffing at the hands of the Patriots: PICK: Bears; 9.) (4-7) San Francisco 49ers (+10) @ (7-4) Green Bay Packers: The 49ers don't have an NFL caliber QB. The Packers do: PICK: Packers; 10.) (8-3) New Orleans Saints @ (2-9) Cincinnati Bengals (+7): The Saints have shown signs of rounding into 2009 form of late. The Bengals have shown signs of quitting: PICK: Saints; 11.) (9-2) Atlanta Falcons @ (7-4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3): The Bucs lost two starters, pro-bowl caliber RG, Davin Joseph (Broken foot), and Safety Cody Grimm (broken ankle), in addition to last weeks' game, to the Ravens. It remains to be seen whether their pro-bowl caliber CB, Aqib Talib, will escape disciplinary action, after he allegedly threatened to punch a ref in the mouth, for what he perceived to be a bogus PI call: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/nov/29/292121/cornerback-talib-remains-the-bucs-wildest-card/sports-bucs/ . Rumor has it that the Bucs have taken to chaining Talib to his bed at night, to prevent him from getting himself into trouble: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/worry-for-volatile-tampa-bay-buccaneers-cornerback-aqib-talib-grows/1137190 .      Meanwhile, everything is coming up roses for QB Matt Ryan and his Birds, after they managed to outlast the Packers, 20-17, last Sunday. Though a let-down now could prove costly, three points isn't much of a spread: PICK: Falcons;      13.) (5-6) Oakland Raiders (+13) @ (6-5) San Diego Chargers: The Chargers look like world-beaters after thrashing the Colts in Indy, 36-14. After winning three games in a row for the first time in years, the Raiders have been blown out in consecutive weeks by the Steelers and Dolphins. The Chargers are rolling now, and should win. But...a 13 point spread is too good to pass up: PICK: Raiders; 14.) (1-10) Carolina Panthers (+6) @ (5-6) Seattle Seahawks: Carolina should be the tonic that the 'Hawks' need, to bounce back from getting embarrassed at home by the Kansas City Chiefs: PICK: Seahawks; 15.) (3-8) Dallas Cowboys (+5.5) @ (6-5) Indianapolis Colts:  Peyton Manning and company begin to pick up the pieces after being booed, and embarrassed at home: PICK: Colts; 16.) (5-6) St. Louis Rams @ (3-8) Arizona Cardinals (+2.5): The Rams actually have a chance to win the putrid NFC West. Cardinal fans should be doing a daily vigil, praying for another loss...in hopes of gaining the draft rights to Stanford QB, Andrew Luck: PICK: Rams; 17.) (8-3) Pittsburgh Steelers (+3) @ (8-3) Baltimore Ravens: Were it not for the "Game of the Year" in Foxboro, this match-up certainly would have qualified as the "Game of the Week". The Steelers were extremely lucky to escape Buffalo with a win...but not so lucky, in that their star QB, Ben Roethlisberger, came away from the win with a sprained foot. The Ravens are dealing with a flurry of injuries on their OL. LT Jared Gaither is out. RT Michael Oher suffered a sprained knee last week, and RG Chris Chester (bacterial leg infection) is likely out. Furthermore, FB LeRon McClain is out with an ankle injury.      The winner of this game likely wins their division, earns a playoff bye, and  the second playoff seed. The loser is likely playoff fodder: PICK: Steelers.       THOUGHTS?...particularly on the Jets/Pats, and Steelers/Ravens.         
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Two key points on stats that need to be adressed. First, on "quality" or "risk" adjsutments where already well discussed in another post the one about the Pats playing/winnin more against teams with winning records than the Jets. The second, is trend, momentum. The stats presented were averages for the year, meaningful for sure, but obviously, the more recent data points (ie, game stats) are more meaningful than older stats (games earlier in the season). As the saying goes, "the trend is your friend." On both these points, I think the Pats look better statistically than the Jets (for example, the Pats running game of late has been very good, whereas early in the season it was inconsistent); Patriots 20 Jets 13 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, Admittedly playing a little devil's advocate here. I am a literature, philosophy,and political-history guy. So I won't pretend to love much about stats, and there is a variously attributed (most think it was one Samuel Langhorne Clemens) saying that goes something like this: "There are three kinds of lies. Lies. Damned lies! And statistics." Which is a saying that is only made more perfect given its unsure provenance. That said, there is one stat you aren't looking at ... turnover differential. NE is 2nd in the NFL. The Jests are 8th. NE doesn't lose at the Razor. Belichick doesn't lose to the same team twice. Belichick doesn't lose games when he has extra time to prepare. NE needs it more. And all stats can be contextualized, for instance, the Jest defense is 17th in the NFL when you account for the quality of their opposition. And they are poor in the redzone, for whatever reason, whereas quality of opposition metrics only make NE's offense look stronger. I will say one thing that you wrote, and while I don't care what the fans think, I sincerely hope NE's players realize this as they prepare and play: this game decides whether or not NE has a legitimate title shot. If they are playing in Gillette throughout, they have to be slotted as the favorite. If they are on the road throughout, those odds put them 4th to 6th as favorites in my mind. So, ironically (or not) in order to defend the homestead in January/February they need to defend it in December. Look beyond the Jests ... win out at home, split on the road. NE is in with a snowy slip and slide track to playing in the big game. Final prediction: Mark Twain, Tom Brady, and a few interceptions by McCourty take NE over the top. NE with the points , although the gambler in me would suck-it-up and buy that line back down to 2.5.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]Pretty good post but pats by ten.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This article, from the NY  Post, entitled, Patriots' Defense Playing Like a Bunch of Buffoons", discusses the failings of the Patriot defense...which ranks 32nd in pass defense, 31st in total defense, and 22nd in defensive scoring: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/genius_defense_playing_I5Vz30zjbr80ebgY2PFkpO

I have a hunch that this article will end up on the Pats' bulletin board.

Here''s a look at the offensive stats of the two teams: http://www.examiner.com/new-york-jets-in-new-york/breaking-down-the-numbers-jets-vs-pats-part-1-offense

The defensive stats: http://www.examiner.com/new-york-jets-in-new-york/breaking-down-the-numbers-jets-vs-pats-part-2-defense    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Some stats: An NFL record 25 straight wins at home for Tom Brady.  Pats are 16-1 at Gillette in December since it opened in 2002, best in the NFL. Pats are 29-5 in December overall in that span, best in the NFL.  Pats are 12-4 vs. Jets since 2003 and the Jets have scored more than 17 points three times in those games.

This is not really a rivalry, it's a hammer against a nail. Pats 34-24 (factoring in a garbage time TD for NY).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Some stats: An NFL record 25 straight wins at home for Tom Brady.  Pats are 16-1 at Gillette in December since it opened in 2002, best in the NFL. Pats are 29-5 in December overall in that span, best in the NFL.  Pats are 12-4 vs. Jets since 2003 and the Jets have scored more than 17 points three times in those games. This is not really a rivalry, it's a hammer against a nail. Pats 34-24 (factoring in a garbage time TD for NY).
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Here's another stat: the Jets have won 9 straight road games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not really. Indy laid down last  year.  And we know what happened in Denver, Detroit and Cleveland as well, this year.

They're not good on the road. They beat bad teams on the road.

They struggle with mediocre teams on the road.

Sorry, but NE is not mediocre.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Not really. Indy laid down last  year.  And we know what happened in Denver, Detroit and Cleveland as well, this year. They're not good on the road. They beat bad teams on the road. They struggle with mediocre teams on the road. Sorry, but NE is not mediocre.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, Russ.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" :      Here's another stat: the Jets have won 9 straight road games.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

None in Foxboro.  I like my stats better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : None in Foxboro.  I like my stats better.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

So do I...LOL!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"NH" Steve apparently does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

1.) (9-2) New York Jets (+3.5) @ (9-2) New England Patriots: PICK: Patriots ;

2.) (5-6) Houston Texans (+9) @ (7-4) Philadelphia Eagles: PICK: Texans;

3.) (2-9) Buffalo Bills (+6.5) @ (4-7) Minnesota Vikings: PICK: Vikings;

4.) (4-7) Cleveland Browns (+4.5) @ (6-5) Miami Dolphins: PICK: Dolphins;

5.) (6-5) Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) @ (5-6) Tennessee Titans: PICK: Jaguars;

6.) (3-8) Denver Broncos (+8) @ (7-4) Kansas City Chiefs: PICK: Chiefs;   

7.) (5-6) Washington Redskins (+7) @ (7-4) New York Giants: PICK: Giants;

8.) (8-3) Chicago Bears @ (2-9) Detroit Lions (+3.5): PICK: Lions;

9.) (4-7) San Francisco 49ers (+10) @ (7-4) Green Bay Packers: PICK: Packers;

10.) (8-3) New Orleans Saints @ (2-9) Cincinnati Bengals (+7): PICK: Bengals;

11.) (9-2) Atlanta Falcons @ (7-4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3): PICK: Buccaneers;    

13.) (5-6) Oakland Raiders (+13) @ (6-5) San Diego Chargers: up:
    PICK: Chargers;

14.) (1-10) Carolina Panthers (+6) @ (5-6) Seattle Seahawks: PICK: Seahawks;

15.) (3-8) Dallas Cowboys (+5.5) @ (6-5) Indianapolis Colts: PICK: Colts;

16.) (5-6) St. Louis Rams @ (3-8) Arizona Cardinals (+2.5): PICK: Rams;

17.) (8-3) Pittsburgh Steelers (+3) @ (8-3) Baltimore Ravens: PICK: Ravens. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Like Z and others have noted the Patriots/Brady just don't lose at home.  IMO I just can't see the Patriots winning by any fewer the 17 points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Every week, there are usually two or three games that vie for the title of, "Game of the Week". Not so in Week 13...with the Patriots and the Green Goblins set to square off a week from tonight, in Foxboro. Referring to Jets game as the "Game of the Week" is really a misnomer. To paraphrase Goblins' coach, Rex Ryan....this is the marquee game of the season. The NY Post referred to it as much more than a game...but rather as a holy war between the teams, and fans of their respective communities. So, without further ado, let's get to the the "Game of the Week/Year...Jihad": 1.) (9-2) New York Jets (+3.5) @ (9-2) New England Patriots: I can remember my statistics professor saying, "Statistics don't lie...and sooner or later, the laws of probability will be served." Thus far, the Patriots have violated the stat laws. They are first in the league in scoring, averaging over 30 points per game. Yet, they rank a pedestrian 16th in run offense, and 12th in passing.  The Patriots share the AFC's best record with the Goblins. Yet, defensively, they rank 16th against the run, and  dead last against the pass.       The Jets currently boast the 4th best defense in the league, holding opponents to just 17 points per game. Their "D" ranks 4th against the run, and 12th against the pass. On offense, they are 2nd in run offense, and 19th in passing.       These stats, and an objective look at each roster, seem to indicate that the Jets are as good as, or better than the Patriots, at every position but QB. But, as I stated during the pre-season, the Jets will only go as far as QB Mark Sanchez can take them. No Brady, he...but he has shown an uncanny, annoying penchant for leading his team from behind, in the closing minutes of games.       Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

TexasPet, I'm taking exception to several of your picks:

Eagles will rout defenseless Houston
    Giants ALWAYS pummel Redskins in Meadowlands!!!!
    Bolts will ruin the Raiders - a true embarrassment coming here!
    Brownies will maul Miami
    Ravens will smoke the Steelers.

Let's chat after the dust clears on these games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Who says "shall" anymore?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

People who want to express a combination of the ideas implied by the words "should" and "will."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : TexasPet, I'm taking exception to several of your picks: Eagles will rout defenseless Houston Giants ALWAYS pummel Redskins in Meadowlands!!!! Bolts will ruin the Raiders - a true embarrassment coming here! Brownies will maul Miami Ravens will smoke the Steelers. Let's chat after the dust clears on these games.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]
    I hope the Pats win and Miami is going to crush the Browns. This game won't even be close.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : TexasPet, I'm taking exception to several of your picks:

1.) Eagles will rout defenseless Houston: The Texans can score, too. Can the Eagles stop RB Arien Foster? Asante Samuel may not play for Philly (knee injury). All this, plus a 9 point cushion?? I like Houston to at least cover, if not win outright;

2.) Giants ALWAYS pummel Redskins in Meadowlands!!!!: The Giants have been ravaged by injuries at WR and on their OL...and were lucky to beat Jacksonville last week. Washington has a 7 point cushion. I like their chances of covering;

3.) Bolts will ruin the Raiders - a true embarrassment coming here!: Hope so. But 13 points was too many for me to pass up;

4.) Brownies will maul Miami: With Jake Delhomme at QB?? I think not.

5.) Ravens will smoke the Steelers: Doubt it. I see this as a close game. The Ravens had their share of problems with the Buffalo Bills, too. They were extremely lucky to beat the Bills in OT, in Baltimore.   

Let's chat after the dust clears on these games:

You've got it, my friend. Incidently, I think that the Yankees are right in their hard line stance regarding Derek Jeter. Do you think that Cliff Lee is worth a Sabathia-type contract?

Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 13 NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : I hope the Pats win and Miami is going to crush the Browns. This game won't even be close.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

I agree. Cleveland QB Jake Delhomme is worth at least 10 extra points to Miami, in turnovers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here are SI's Peter KIng's picks: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/02/nfl-week-13-picks/index.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

" . . .  possibly dangerous Vikes."

Oh boy.

Stop, Peter . . .

you're killing me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] " . . .  possibly dangerous Vikes." Oh boy. Stop, Peter . . . you're killing me.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Cut Peter some slack, Mike. After all, he did pick the Pats to beat the Goblins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

I believe the Pats will win for the following:

1. The Pats win because great players step up in big games like this one, particuliarly at QB. The Pats have Brady and the Jets have Sanchez. Bready has been playing great and Sanchez has been spotty. I believe that the Pats have a huge advantage here.

2. Game planning - BB has had an extended timeframe to game plan expecially on defense. This will help the defense in particuliar. I can see a similiar situation as evidenced by the Pittsburg game.

3. Home field