Week 13 Power Rankings Are Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Do you think the Patriots are too high? What about the Bears? Should they be higher? When was the last time the Colts were ranked so low?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Week 13 Power Rankings Are Out

I think it's pretty accurate, although each of these 9-2 teams has at least one glaring weakness.  I still think the Green Bay game is going to be a big one for the Pats.

The Jets bit talks about Revis "shutting down" Owens.  I think Owens was thrown to only twice in that game for one catch.  So yeah, he kept Palmer from throwing to Owens, but I'm not so sure it was a shut-down thing.

As for the Colts, this must be their lowest ranking under Peyton.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

To be fair, you could argue he was only thrown to 2x because of Revis, though.

Revis is clearly top notch, but he's not distinctively above Asamhoua.

If you watched this whole season, compare Revis to McCourty.

I don't see how Revis has played better. So, does this mean McCourty is also goign to the Hall of Fame? What nickname do we give him?

McCourty Manor?  "You can visit, but you can't stay?" bahwahah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Week 13 Power Rankings Are Out:
    To be fair, you could argue he was only thrown to 2x because of Revis, though. Revis is clearly top notch, but he's not distinctively above Asamhoua. If you watched this whole season, compare Revis to McCourty. I don't see how Revis has played better. So, does this mean McCourty is also goign to the Hall of Fame? What nickname do we give him? McCourty Manor?  "You can visit, but you can't stay?" bahwahah
    Posted by BBReigns

McCourty Peat Bog
    McCourty Mote
    The Great Wall of McCourty
    Black Hole McCourty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

(for knightsailor)

The Moral McCour-ity?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Palmer needs some new surroundings. Cannot compare a whole season a whole season of stats for Revis this year because of injury. That being said, Revis is 100% now and will make things difficult for any wide receiver he is covering. Shut down corners do get beat now and then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

personally, I think the steelers have to be lower after last week

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Palmer needs some new surroundings. Cannot compare a whole season a whole season of stats for Revis this year because of injury. That being said, Revis is 100% now and will make things difficult for any wide receiver he is covering. Shut down corners do get beat now and then.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Agree with you.  Your point about shutdown corners being beaten on occasion is spot on.  The reason that they do is they invariably play tight coverage on the receiver and no one, not Revis, not anyone can win every wideout/corner battle.

With respect to the power rankings, I have reservations about ranking the Pats as the top team in the league.  Their offense certainly is (points scored, not yards gained, is what matters) but the D is not, as we all know.  Special teams have been nothing special lately either.  I love the Pats but until they beat the team that's ahead of them in the standings I can't rate them #1 in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Icom
    n Response to Week 13 Power Rankings Are Out:
    Week 13 Power Rankings Are Out Do you think the Patriots are too high? What about the Bears? Should they be higher? When was the last time the Colts were ranked so low?
    Posted by bosoxfan5990

I actually think the power rankings are about right.  The Pats have beaten some tough teams; IND, SD, PIT, BAL, and MIA.  Who have the Jets beaten other than us?  The only other win they have against a team with a winning record is the 6-5 Dolphins.  The Jets other wins have come against door mats.  They lost their 2 games to winning teams, GB and BAL.  In those two loses the Jets scored 9 points total.  6 of the Jets victories came against teams who would be drafting in the top 10 if the season ended today. The combined winning percentage of teams the Jets have beaten is .380 which includes us.  Take their victory at home in week 2 against us away (Welker wasn't playing and Faulk went out early and we didn't have Woodhead or Mankins yet) and the combined record of teams the Jets have beaten is 28-60 (.318).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

Loving the patriots at number one, but seriously, the bears need to be higher. Things could change a lot after this week though. Good rankings, I like them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Loving the patriots at number one, but seriously, the bears need to be higher. Things could change a lot after this week though. Good rankings, I like them
    Posted by patriotpat99

The Bears have played only 4 games against teams with winning records.  They beat 7-4 GB, 6-5 MIA and 7-4 PHI and lost to 7-4 NYG.  The GB and PHI victories were at home.  Both were close games, by 3 and by 5 points respectively. 

The Bears also lost to 5-6 SEA and WAS.

The Bears other victories came against really bad teams.

DET 2-9
    DAL 3-8
    CAR 1-10
    BUF 2-9
    MIN 4-7

So you've got 2 nail biter victories at home against decent 7-4 teams, one road win against basically a .500 team MIA and the rest of their victories coming against absolute dogs.  The Bears +50 point differential is the lowest of the top 9 teams.  I think the Bears are pegged about right.

Sections
Shortcuts