WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

Much will be decided this week in the AFC, when the Houston Texans square off against our "Boys in Blue". At stake will likely be a play-off bye, and bragging rights within the conference. But, before I delve deeper into this weeks' games, let me take this opportunity to wish all my posting buds a Merry Christmas, and a joyous holiday season. To my friends at the Ostrich Society, I'll send along a shovel, which I hope they'll some day use to dig their heads from the sand, and look at the Patriots in a more objective light. To my gold mine pal, Mighty, I'll send along a troll doll. What better gift for a guy who has such a fixation on trolls!! Onward to the Game of the Week...which is so obvious a choice this week that even our Ostrich Society friends can pick it out:

1.) (11-1) Houston Texans (+3.5) @ (9-3) New England Patriots:  Every year, there seems to be one match-up, one game, that stands out above all the rest. This is that game. The Texans are the most balanced team in the NFL. They sport the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, in DE J.J. Watt. Watt is a young Richard Seymour, only more motivated, and more athletic. He is the most disruptive defensive player since Reggie White. RB Arien Foster is the best RB in the AFC, and runs behind a stout OL, led by star LT, Duane Brown. Andre Johnson is one of the best WRs in the league. QB Matt Schaub and TE Owen Daniels are vastly underrated performers. This is not the best time for the injury riddled Patriots to be facing such a team. Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins, Julian Edelman, and Chandler Jones are out...while RT Sebastien Vollmer and RG Dan Connelly are questionable, at best. PK Stephen Gostkowski has made every FG attempt an adventure. Another shank or two in this game could prove fatal. But, the oddsmakers have installed the Pats 3.5 point favorites. Folks, the Texans are 11-1 for a reason. They're a very good team. Yet, they need this game to establish their legitimacy as SB contenders. When asked on a Houston sports-talk show about whether the Texans' seeming inability to get respect from the national media bothers him, DC Wade Phillips said, "They'll learn about us, soon enough".: PICK: Texans;

2.) (9-3) Denver Broncos @ (3-9) Oakland Raiders (+10):  Tonights' game will lead to more nauseating chatter about how Peyton Manning is the greatest QB that ever lived...how smart he is...what a wonderful comeback he's made, defying the odds...that he's the league MVP. If that sort of talk causes you to upchuck your dinner, then this game should not to be watched by you: PICK: Broncos;

3.) (9-3) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ (6-6) Washington Redskins:  Yeah...RG III is the best thing since sliced bread. But, the Ravens are, or at least should be, furious at themselves for not keeping their foothold on a playoff bye, due to losing to the Charlie Batch led Steelers, at home: PICK:  Ravens;

4.) (2-10) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ (4-8) Cleveland Browns: The Chiefs rallied around coach Romeo Crennel last week, in beating Carolina. They'll do the same this week, and beat the Browns. When is the last time anyone can remember the Browns being favored by 6.5 pts? PICK: Chiefs;

5.) (4-8) San Diego Chargers (+6.5) @ (7-5) Pittsburgh Steelers: The Chargers are a mess. With Big Ben back, it's about to get messier. Word out of SD is that Norv will be fired:  PICK: Steelers;

6.) (4-8) Tennessee Titans (+5.5) @ (8-4) Indianapolis Colts:  Indy has been playing on emotion, over the past few weeks. The question this week is, will they score enough to cover?: PICK: Colts;

7.) (5-7) NY Jets @ (2-10) Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5):  The Jets play better on the road, away from their adoring fans. I can't wait to read the headlines in the NY papers, Monday morn!: PICK: Jets;    

8.) (8-4) Chicago Bears @ (6-6) Minnesota Vikings (+3): What's happened to da' Bears? Suddenly, their defense isn't so formidable, and their weak OL is getting exposed, yet again. The Vikings are without WR Percy Harvin, and QB Christian Ponder does not appear to be the answer: PICK: Bears;

9.) (11-1) Atlanta Falcons @ (3-9) Carolina Panthers (+3.5): Geez, the powerful 11-1 Falcons are favored only by 3.5, against a 3-9 team?  Talk about lack of respect from the media: PICK: Falcons;

10.) (3-9) Philadelphia Eagles (+7.5) @ (6-6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Eagles have been mailing it in, of late. Still, this spread seems a bit high for a team that doesn't score much: PICK: Eagles;

11.) (5-6-1) St. Louis Rams (+3) @ (5-7) Buffalo Bills:  Can you imagine being captures by foreign agents, who wish to extract valuable information from you. They strap you in a chair, tappe your eyes open, and force you to watch this game! What a horrific method of torture!: PICK: Rams;             

12.) (6-6) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ (7-5) Cincinnati Bengals: A huge game for both teams. But, if history repeats itself, the 'Boys will shoot themselves in the foot, and find a way to lose: PICK: Bengals;

13.) (5-7) Miami Dolphins (+10) @ (8-3-1) S.F. 49ers: Colin Kaepernick is athletic, and makes some nice plays. But, Alex Smith seemed to always find ways to win, and played mistake free ball. Did Jim Harbaugh make a mistake in switching horses in mid-stream? Time will tell: PICK: Dolphins;  

14.) (5-7) New Orleans Saints (+5.5) @ (7-5) NY Giants: The Giants threw away a chance to wrap up the NFC East last week. But, don't the Giants always like doing things the hard way?: PICK: Giants;

15.) (4-8) Arizona Cardinals (+10.5) @ (7-5) Seattle Seahawks:  Who has a worse QB situation than the Cards? Pitty Larry Fitzgerald. Can you imagine the things that he and Tom Brady could accomplish, if they played together? Seattle will win, but by 11 or more points?: PICK: Cardinals;

16.) (4-8) Detroit Lions (+7) @ (8-4) Green Bay Packers: Changes need to be made in Detroit, again! There's no excuse for having so many high draft choices, and so much talent on paper...yet not getting it done on the field. Jim Schwartz will join Andy Reid, Norv Turner, and several others at the unemployment office, real soon. Are Packers the NFC's version of the Pats?: PICK:  Packers;

BEST BETS: Denver, Jets, Chiefs, Ravens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Much will be decided this week in the AFC, when the Houston Texans square off against our "Boys in Blue". At stake will likely be a play-off bye, and bragging rights within the conference. But, before I delve deeper into this weeks' games, let me take this opportunity to wish all my posting buds a Merry Christmas, and a joyous holiday season. To my friends at the Ostrich Society, I'll send along a shovel, which I hope they'll some day use to dig their heads from the sand, and look at the Patriots in a more objective light. To my gold mine pal, Mighty, I'll send along a troll doll. What better gift for a guy who has such a fixation on trolls!! Onward to the Game of the Week...which is so obvious a choice this week that even our Ostrich Society friends can pick it out:

1.) (11-1) Houston Texans (+3.5) @ (9-3) New England Patriots:  Every year, there seems to be one match-up, one game, that stands out above all the rest. This is that game. The Texans are the most balanced team in the NFL. They sport the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, in DE J.J. Watt. Watt is a young Richard Seymour, only more motivated, and more athletic. He is the most disruptive defensive player since Reggie White. RB Arien Foster is the best RB in the AFC, and runs behind a stout OL, led by star LT, Duane Brown. Andre Johnson is one of the best WRs in the league. QB Matt Schaub and TE Owen Daniels are vastly underrated performers. This is not the best time for the injury riddled Patriots to be facing such a team. Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins, Julian Edelman, and Chandler Jones are out...while RT Sebastien Vollmer and RG Dan Connelly are questionable, at best. PK Stephen Gostkowski has made every FG attempt an adventure. Another shank or two in this game could prove fatal. But, the oddsmakers have installed the Pats 3.5 point favorites. Folks, the Texans are 11-1 for a reason. They're a very good team. Yet, they need this game to establish their legitimacy as SB contenders. When asked on a Houston sports-talk show about whether the Texans' seeming inability to get respect from the national media bothers him, DC Wade Phillips said, "They'll learn about us, soon enough".: PICK: Texans;

2.) (9-3) Denver Broncos @ (3-9) Oakland Raiders (+10):  Tonights' game will lead to more nauseating chatter about how Peyton Manning is the greatest QB that ever lived...how smart he is...what a wonderful comeback he's made, defying the odds...that he's the league MVP. If that sort of talk causes you to upchuck your dinner, then this game should not to be watched by you: PICK: Broncos;

3.) (9-3) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ (6-6) Washington Redskins:  Yeah...RG III is the best thing since sliced bread. But, the Ravens are, or at least should be, furious at themselves for not keeping their foothold on a playoff bye, due to losing to the Charlie Batch led Steelers, at home: PICK:  Ravens;

4.) (2-10) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ (4-8) Cleveland Browns: The Chiefs rallied around coach Romeo Crennel last week, in beating Carolina. They'll do the same this week, and beat the Browns. When is the last time anyone can remember the Browns being favored by 6.5 pts? PICK: Chiefs;

5.) (4-8) San Diego Chargers (+5.5) @ (7-5) Pittsburgh Steelers: The Chargers are a mess. But, they may catch the Ben-less Steelers in a let down, after the huge win in Baltimore. PICK: Chargers;

6.) (4-8) Tennessee Titans (+5.5) @ (8-4) Indianapolis Colts:  Indy has been playing on emotion, over the past few weeks. The question this week is, will they score enough to cover?: PICK: Colts;

7.) (5-7) NY Jets @ (2-10) Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5):  The Jets play better on the road, away from their adoring fans. I can't wait to read the headlines in the NY papers, Monday morn!: PICK: Jets;    

8.) (8-4) Chicago Bears @ (6-6) Minnesota Vikings (+3): What's happened to da' Bears? Suddenly, their defense isn't so formidable, and their weak OL is getting exposed, yet again. The Vikings are without WR Percy Harvin, and QB Christian Ponder does not appear to be the answer: PICK: Bears;

9.) (11-1) Atlanta Falcons @ (3-9) Carolina Panthers (+3.5): Geez, the powerful 11-1 Falcons are favored only by 3.5, against a 3-9 team?  Talk about lack of respect from the media: PICK: Falcons;

10.) (3-9) Philadelphia Eagles (+7.5) @ (6-6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Eagles have been mailing it in, of late. Still, this spread seems a bit high for a team that doesn't score much: PICK: Eagles;

11.) (5-6-1) St. Louis Rams (+3) @ (5-7) Buffalo Bills:  Can you imagine being captures by foreign agents, who wish to  extract valuable information from you. They strap you in a chair, tappe your eyes open, and force you to watch this game! What a horrific method of torture!: PICK: Rams;             

12.) (6-6) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ (7-5) Cincinnati Bengals: A huge game for both teams. But, if history repeats itself, the 'Boys will shoot themselves in the foot, and find a way to lose: PICK: Bengals;

13.) (5-7) Miami Dolphins (+10) @ (8-3-1) S.F. 49ers: Colin Kaepernick is athletic, and makes some nice plays. But, Alex Smith seemed to always find ways to win, and played mistake free ball. Did Jim Harbaugh make a mistake in switching horses in mid-stream? Time will tell: PICK: Dolphins;  

14.) (5-7) New Orleans Saints (+5.5) @ (7-5) NY Giants: The Giants threw away a chance to wrap up the NFC East last week. But, don't the Giants always like doing things the hard way?: PICK: Giants;

15.) (4-8) Arizona Cardinals (+10.5) @ (7-5) Seattle Seahawks:  Who has a worse QB situation than the Cards? Pitty Larry Fitzgerald. Can you imagine the things that he and Tom Brady could accomplish, if they played together? Seattle will win, but by 11 or more points?: PICK: Cardinals;

16.) (4-8) Detroit Lions (+7) @ (8-4) Green Bay Packers: Changes need to be made in Detroit, again! There's no excuse for having so many high draft choices, and so much talent on paper...yet not getting it done on the field. Jim Schwartz will join Andy Reid, Norv Turner, and several others at the unemployment office, real soon. Are Packers the NFC's version of the Pats?: PICK:  Packers;

Wow you such and Pats fan.  Have you EVER picked them to win a Game.  Troll Much?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

5.) (4-8) San Diego Chargers (+6.5) @ (7-5) Pittsburgh Steelers: The Chargers are a mess. But, they may catch the Ben-less Steelers in a let down, after the huge win in Baltimore. PICK: Chargers;

11.) (5-6-1) St. Louis Rams (+3) @ (5-7) Buffalo Bills:  Can you imagine being captures by foreign agents, who wish to  extract valuable information from you. They strap you in a chair, tappe your eyes open, and force you to watch this game! What a horrific method of torture!: PICK: Rams;             

Wow you such and Pats fan.  Have you EVER picked them to win a Game.  Troll Much?

Hey...I call 'em as I see 'em. Beating teams like the Jets and Miami while at 75% is one thing. But, beating a well balanced 11-1 team by more than a FG seems like a very tall order. Hope I'm dead, dead wrong. I don't trust Gostkowski in the clutch. If the spread was less than 3 points, I'd go with New England.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Dude, you picked the Texans.  You hate the Pats.  Stop coming here.  You're not a Pats fan.  Leon/UD6/Rusty whoever the heck you are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

5.) (4-8) San Diego Chargers (+6.5) @ (7-5) Pittsburgh Steelers: The Chargers are a mess. But, they may catch the Ben-less Steelers in a let down, after the huge win in Baltimore. PICK: Chargers;

I call 'em as I see 'em. Beating teams like the Jets and Miami while at 75% is one thing. But, beating a well balanced 11-1 team by more than a FG seems like a very tall order. Hope I'm dead, dead wrong.  

It's OK we all now you are a Jest fan, enjoy the ride in the Clown Car  the rest of the way!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I call 'em as I see 'em. Beating teams like the Jets and Miami while at 75% is one thing. But, beating a well balanced 11-1 team by more than a FG seems like a very tall order. Hope I'm dead, dead wrong. I don't trust Gostkowski in the clutch. If the spread was less than 3 points, I'd go with New England. 

It's OK we all now you are a Jest fan, enjoy the ride in the Clown Car  the rest of the way!

LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

tex...  Gotta differ (surprised ..?)... Yeah Texans are good but in your gloss over you forgot to mention loss of top lb and cornerback... Or that they went to overtime with the lions (and should have lost)...

Pats will run on these guys and stuff Arian foster while forcing schaub into mistakes.  brady will be Brady. Easy pats pick.

Second, you don't think drew Brees will light up giants secondary...?  Jints are in big trouble and saints are not feeling sorry for them... Saints roll.

Agree on dolphins.  49ers are too confused to spot 10 points.  Fins played the big boys last week, 49ers will be much easier to handle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

tex...  Gotta differ (surprised ..?)... Yeah Texans are good but in your gloss over you forgot to mention loss of top lb and cornerback... Or that they went to overtime with the lions (and should have lost)...

Pats will run on these guys and stuff Arian foster while forcing schaub into mistakes.  brady will be Brady. Easy pats pick.

Second, you don't think drew Brees will light up giants secondary...?  Jints are in big trouble and saints are not feeling sorry for them... Saints roll.

Agree on dolphins.  49ers are too confused to spot 10 points.  Fins played the big boys last week, 49ers will be much easier to handle.

Cool, as much as I agree with you on the 9er's, I'd rather see Tandenhill throw a Pick 6 and bail out Kaperdink so that we can see him instead of Smith next week.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: They've been without "Roid Man Brian Cushing all season, and are still 11-1. You also neglected to mention how they crushed the Baltimore Ravens earlier in the season. They do have injury problems in their secondary. The question is, will Tom Brady have enough time to exploit his match-ups? Without Gronk and Edelman, and with Hernandez still at less than 100%, the Pats receiving corp is not nearly as formidable. As for playing in bad weather, the Texans dominated the Bears earlier in the year, in the pouring rain, in Chicago.  

RESPONSE: Hope you're right. But, be honest. Have you seen much of the Texans this year? Do you know then half as well as you know the Patriots?

RESPONSE: No. I see the G-men beating Brees down. Though the Giants lost last week to Washington, they didn't play a bad game, and lost by only a point.

RESPONSE: 'Fins defense is better than advertised.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Cool, as much as I agree with you on the 9er's, I'd rather see Tandenhill throw a Pick 6 and bail out Kaperdink so that we can see him instead of Smith next week.

interesting strategy...  Dolphins could knock him out too... Have to admit that I'm not really worried about either of those guys.  I want to see moss do a post game interview, tho.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:

Dude, you picked the Texans.  You hate the Pats.  Stop coming here.  You're not a Pats fan.  Leon/UD6/Rusty whoever the heck you are.

Folks, let me introduce you to the Grand Poobah of the Ostrich Society. Take a bow, Mighty...LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

RESPONSE: They've been without "Roid Man Brian Cushing all season, and are still 11-1. You also neglected to mention how they crushed the Baltimore Ravens earlier in the season. They do have injury problems in their secondary. The question is, will Tom Brady have enough time to exploit his match-ups? Without Gronk and Edelman, and with Hernandez still at less than 100%, the Pats receiving corp is not nearly as formidable. As for playing in bad weather, the Texans dominated the Bears earlier in the year, in the pouring rain, in Chicago.  

(yeah, I saw all I needed to see on thanksgiving... Schaub was underwhelming and defense got lit up by Stafford.)

RESPONSE: Hope you're right. But, be honest. Have you seen much of the Texans this year? Do you know then half as well as you know the Patriots? (see above)

RESPONSE: No. I see the G-men beating Brees down. Though the Giants lost last week to Washington, they didn't play a bad game, and lost by only a point.  

(brees the far superior qb in this one... With better receivers and especially running backs... jints ds heads still spinning from rg3 show , last thing they need is an even more potent offense)... Lol

RESPONSE: 'Fins defense is better than advertised.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

How can any team score 13 points or less in two meetings, against the Rams? The 49ers offense seemed to run much smoother, with Smith under center. Kaepernick is an exciting prospect...but his inexperience is showing. It's the old addage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Maybe Harbaugh is thinking about what BB did over 10 years ago, by sticking with Tom Brady over Drew Bledsoe? Maybe he wants to see if Kap is his answer, down the road? But, Brady was forced into service for about 8 games, before Drew was able to return...and outplayed Drew. Not the case so far, with Kap.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

How can any team score 13 points or less in two meetings, against the Rams? The 49ers offense seemed to run much smoother, with Smith under center. Kaepernick is an exciting prospect...but his inexperience is showing. It's the old addage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Maybe Harbaugh is thinking about what BB did over 10 years ago, by sticking with Tom Brady over Drew Bledsoe? Maybe he wants to see if Kap is his answer, down the road? But, Brady was forced into service for about 8 games, before Drew was able to return...and outplayed Drew. Not the case so far, with Kap.   

Agreed, no way you start Kap over Smith.  I'm not sure what Smith's contract looks like maybe they have to decide whether to keep him or let hime go at the end of the end but this isn't working out right now.  Either way I hope he plays this week and next.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Agreed, no way you start Kap over Smith.  I'm not sure what Smith's contract looks like maybe they have to decide whether to keep him or let hime go at the end of the end but this isn't working out right now.  Either way I hope he plays this week and next.

I'm sure that his contract has something to do with this decision. If Kap looks bad this week, I see Smith getting the nod in New England.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I don't know Tex.  You sure are giving the Texans an awful lot of credit for being such a "well balanced team".  

But this is a team that allowed Jacksonville to score 37 Points on them.  The most the Patriots have allowed in any given game is 31.

This is a team that only beat the J E T S by 7 measly points.  

This is a team that got smoked by the Packers by 18 Points.

I wouldn't bet the deed to the ranch on the Pats winning but I like our chances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I don't know Tex.  You sure are giving the Texans an awful lot of credit for being such a "well balanced team".  

RESPONSE: They are. They're 11-1 for a reason.

But this is a team that allowed Jacksonville to score 37 Points on them.  The most the Patriots have allowed in any given game is 31.

RESPONSE: The Pats got beat by the Cards. Does that mean that the Patriots suck? Or, does it mean that they had a bad game, and a let down against a bad team. It happens. Let me also point out that the Pats had lots of trouble containing QB Chad Henne too, when he played in Miami.

This is a team that only beat the J E T S by 7 measly points.

RESPONSE: The Pats could have, and should have, lost to the Jets on their home field. Remember that 29-26 OT nail-biter? The Texans may have beaten the Jets by only 7 points, but they dominated that game. Houston also beat Miami, 30-10...while the Patriots hung on to beat them by 7. 

This is a team that got smoked by the Packers by 18 Points.

RESPONSE: This is a team that crushed the Ravens, 43-13, and also beat Denver, in Denver. We can do this all day. 

I wouldn't bet the deed to the ranch on the Pats winning but I like our chances.

RESPONSE: I make my predictions taking the spread into account. I don't like giving the Texans 3.5 points against a wounded Patriots team, with a shaky FG kicker. I'd take my chances on the Pats too, without the spread.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If our new and improved secondary is for real, we will win. If not, we lose a fairly close one.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

From Texas Pat

"RESPONSE: The Pats got beat by the Cards. Does that mean that the Patriots suck? Or, does it mean that they had a bad game, and a let down against a bad team. It happens. Let me also ppoint out that the Pats had lots of trouble containing QB Chad Henne too, when he played in Miami."

My Response:

Of course it happens. But I think you missed my point.  Most teams get lucky from time to time and perhaps they make their own luck.  But the Texans have been pretty lucky.  They could have very well been beaten by Jacksonville, and of course Detroit.  The Detroit win was a give away by their coach.  The Ravens are just like last year where they look like world beaters one week and look like a Pop Warner Team the next.  

In any event, perhaps I'm being too optomistic here but I think the Pats will beat the Texans by more than 31/2 Points.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This is the one thing that might keep me from coming back to these boards. Texas Pat is a Pats fan from Texas-just because he picks against them does not make him a troll. And what is it with that sophmoric term that many on this board love to refer to whenever one of us PATS fans choose to be OBJECTIVE!!!!! I for one enjoy your picks and objective discussions TP -don't let these seemingly know-it-alls prevent you from participating. Lastly, I'd be willing to bet not one of them is working for ANY NFL team?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree with you Texas on the Patriots vs Texans. You are not saying the Texans will win outright but that they will cover the spread. A one point Patriot win works for me. The injury to Gronk hurts the Patriots more than anything. Had he been healthy I'd pick the Patriots to cover. It looks like Jones may play, same with Mankins. I'd like to see Scott get some reps, he looked good last week. Welker should get a lot of throws his way, maybe a screen or two to Vareen. Brady probably won't have much time to throw. The Texans have been tough to run on but maybe if they don't give up on the running game it will come alive later in the game like last week.

I don't trust Gostkowski either, chances are he misses at least one kick over 35 yards. That hurts against a team like the Texans when the NFL's best tight end is out. It may be too late to make a change at kicker but I hope that none of the playoff games come down to a fg to decide win or loss.

Appreciate your picks, I'll go with the Patriots by 3.

Sections
Shortcuts