WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From Texas Pat

"RESPONSE: The Pats got beat by the Cards. Does that mean that the Patriots suck? Or, does it mean that they had a bad game, and a let down against a bad team. It happens. Let me also ppoint out that the Pats had lots of trouble containing QB Chad Henne too, when he played in Miami."

My Response:

Of course it happens. But I think you missed my point.  Most teams get lucky from time to time and perhaps they make their own luck.  But the Texans have been pretty lucky.  They could have very well been beaten by Jacksonville, and of course Detroit.  The Detroit win was a give away by their coach.  The Ravens are just like last year where they look like world beaters one week and look like a Pop Warner Team the next.  

In any event, perhaps I'm being too optomistic here but I think the Pats will beat the Texans by more than 31/2 Points.   

[/QUOTE]

And the Pats were pretty lucky in edging out Mark Sanchez and the Jests, 29-26, in OT, at home. They also were lucky to beat the Bills at home. we can both do this type of "analysis" all day. It's meaningless. The good teams always seem to find a way to win, even when they're not at their best.

I hope you're right on your prediction. This is a huge, huge game for the Pats. It's huge not only for purposes of playoff seeding, but also for their psyche. The Pats haven't been winning the real big-time match-ups, the way they used to, in 2001-2004. I'd like nothing better than to see them win...and win going away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

With the news that Big Ben will start for the Steelers this week against the Chargers, I'm changing my pick on that game, and going with the Steelers to cover: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8721391/ben-roethlisberger-start-pittsburgh-steelers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Don't you discount jets game a bit since it was many weeks ago as opposed to Texans looking bad on thanksgiving.  Also winning the game with two gw drives is better than being given a touchdown by a referee mistake.

Point is pats are trending up while texees have regressed a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Anyone who agrees with the OP picking AGAINST THE PATS is a troll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't you discount jets game a bit since it was many weeks ago as opposed to Texans looking bad on thanksgiving.  Also winning the game with two gw drives is better than being given a touchdown by a referee mistake.

[/QUOTE]

Aren't you discounting the slew of injuries that the Pats are dealing with, particularly on the OL? Aren't you discounting the fact that PK Stephen Gostkowski has been shaky? Aren't you discounting that, despite their record, that the Detroit Lions have talent, and are better than either the Bills or Jets? Detroit has lost their last three games...but by a total of 9 points...and have been competitive in every game they've played this season. They also sport the #1 passing offense in the NFL:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Aren't you discounting the slew of injuries that the Pats are dealing with, particularly on the OL? Aren't you discounting the fact that PK Stephen Gostkowski has been shaky? Aren't you discounting that, despite their record, that the Detroit Lions have talent, and are better than either the Bills or Jets? Detroit has lost their last three games...but by a total of 9 points...and have been competitive in every game they've played this season. They also sport the #1 passing offense in the NFL:

[/QUOTE]

Aren't you discounting all the injuries the Texans have suffered on their D, I mean, since you didn't mention a single one?

Such a troll in Pats fan clothing!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Don't you discount jets game a bit since it was many weeks ago as opposed to Texans looking bad on thanksgiving?  Also winning the game with two gw drives is better than being given a touchdown by a referee mistake.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You answered my question with a question... actually several.  You go first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

touchdown by a referee mistake.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You answered my question with a question... actually several.  You go first.

[/QUOTE]

Yawn. How have I failed to answer your questions? Go back and read your original post:  "Don't you discount jets game a bit since it was many weeks ago as opposed to Texans looking bad on thanksgiving?"  

This so-called question doesn't even make sense. "Don't I discount it?" No. It is you who are discounting this game. It took place on Oct 21st. The Pats beat the Jets in OT, 29-26, at home. But for a dropped pass by rookie WR Stephen Hill, the Pats would have lost. While we're at it, on Nov. 11th, the Pats limped to a win at home over the lowly Buffalo Bills, 37-31...in a game where the Bills had an opportunity to win on the final play of the game. 

Next, you talk about how lucky Houston was to beat Detroit. If you had bothered to read my text above, you'd see that the Detroit Lions are a much better team than their record would indicate. Furthermore, unlike the Pats, Houston was playing on the road. Despite their 4-8 record, Detroit has been competitive in every game they've played. Though they've lost their last three games, it was by a combined total of 9 points. The Lions also sport the #1 pass offense in the NFL. Meanwhile, we both know that the Jets have turned into a joke...and have no offense.

Cool...I'm not trying to argue with you. Just pointing out why I think what I think. Heck, I hope I'm dead wrong, and that the Pats beat the Texans by 5 TDs! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Houston All-Pro WR, Andre Johnson, says that the upcoming game against the Patriots is the biggest game in Houston Texans' franchise history: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/texans-report-biggest-game-yet-says-andre-johnson/#print

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I guess all the discounts cancel out but the simple point I was making was pats have played better lately while Houston has looked beatable in several games.

Just have to see what happens...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex...  I believe you are truly trying to NOT be overly optimistic when it comes to the Pats, and, for what it is worth, trying to hard to be overly critical of the team.  Most of the times you rarely trust this team to beat another team deemed a "peer" team in the upper echelons of the NFL.  Pats are at home, they may have their injuries, yet, you ignore the short comings of the Texans who are on the road.  All in all, I beleive you tend to go against the grain so you can be proven right and avoid the chance you could be wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think it's interesting that the Texans are #1 or #2 in every Power Poll, and yet very few national "analysts" are projecting them to win this week.  I personally believe that Houston's going to win this game, but I'm admittedly a troll.  I don't see how NE is going to score enough with that beat-up offense going against a pretty good Texans D.  I also like Andre Johnson and Foster against the Patriot D.  This should be a signature win for the Texans...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jules.. you are thinking like a fan of an opponent with wishful thinking the Pats lose with reasons to support that thinking. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Gotta love this board apparently - nobody is allowed to pick against Pats without being called a troll or doom and gloomer. My pick Houston by 10.....27-17

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta love this board apparently - nobody is allowed to pick against Pats without being called a troll or doom and gloomer. My pick Houston by 10.....27-17

[/QUOTE]
    cc...   pick against the Pats all you want.  You apparently, with that score, think the Texans are vastly better than the Pats, who are at HOME, and will lose big.  As a Pats fan, which I beleive you are, you do not have much faith in this team for this game.  If anything, I see hands behind your back with fingers crossed that you are wrong so you can happily be chastised for picking against the Pats.  By the way, you should see the picks over on the Houston sites..  they are VERY confident in their team overall, but, there are some "pink" cowboy hats over there too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Ive been a lifelong fan of this team, and used to be a season tix holder until Kraft went from 89 to 117 a game for each of the 2 seats I had....yet I get called a troll LOL..Like my avatar - I took it myself at the 2001 championship parade in Boston. This game I just dont see Pats winning - in my opinion the O-line is too beat up to contain the Texans D-line, and I also have doubts this secondary can contain Andre Johnson....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Hey TP does this mean we get a report card Tuesday?? 

P.S.  glad your 're back.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aren't you discounting all the injuries the Texans have suffered on their D, I mean, since you didn't mention a single one?  

Such a troll in Pats fan clothing!

[/QUOTE]

Yet more lunacy from an Ostrich Society member. What was that you were saying about all the Texans' injuries??  
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/texans-defense-getting-some-guys-back-for-pats-game/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess all the discounts cancel out but the simple point I was making was pats have played better lately while Houston has looked beatable in several games.

Just have to see what happens...

[/QUOTE]

Hope your right, Cool.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Gamer! 

Two main reasons why I stopped the weekly picks and report cards: Been extra busy of the job...and have had loads of trouble doing lengthy posts, ever since they've implimented this new system. There's some kind of bug in the works, which causes error messages, and/or freezes my keyboard. It's very frustrating.

Hope all is great with you!    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes TP i enjoy ur report card too

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Jints! I look for your G-men to get back on track this week. Hope all is well with you.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts