WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: WEEK 14 NFL PICKS and

In response to JintsFan's comment:

i am well thanks and yes i am looking forward to that too

glad game is outdoors and hope it's cold and nasty because saints give jints fits with that indoor arena football they play in NO

that said Brees is always a pain in the ***

The forecast for the game is unseasonably warm, with temperatures in fifties, but with a 40% chance of rain:  http://www.nflweather.com/game/2012/week-14/saints-at-giants

Though Brees has been a pain in the past, no so much, this year. The Falcons picked him 5 times last week, and held his Saints to just 13 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

There's been a lot of talk, and comparisons made, regarding how the Pats are playing now, as opposed to the Texans. If that's such a big deal, shouldn't we Pats' fans be worried, considering how poorly the Pats' played last week in Miami? The 'Fins "D"was able to dominate the Pats' patch-work OL for all but the games' final drive, and applied a great deal of pressure on Tom Brady...sacking him 4 times. The Texans front seven is at least as good as Miami's group. 

At 100%, I'd like the Patriots' chances. But, multiple injuries on the OL, missing top offensive weapons (Gronk, Edelman (who is also a huge threat as a punt returner)), the likely inability to pressure Texans' QB Matt Schaub, and a shaky FG kicker, are all causes for concern. For the Pats to win this game, their "D" really needs to step up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Apparently, lots of games will be played in rain storms, this week: http://nflweather.com/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

There's been a lot of talk, and comparisons made, regarding how the Pats are playing now, as opposed to the Texans. If that's such a big deal, shouldn't we Pats' fans be worried, considering how poorly the Pats' played last week in Miami? The 'Fins "D"was able to dominate the Pats' patch-work OL for all but the games' final drive, and applied a great deal of pressure on Tom Brady...sacking him 4 times. The Texans front seven is at least as good as Miami's group. 

At 100%, I'd like the Patriots' chances. But, multiple injuries on the OL, missing top offensive weapons (Gronk, Edelman (who is also a huge threat as a punt returner)), the likely inability to pressure Texans' QB Matt Schaub, and a shaky FG kicker, are all causes for concern. For the Pats to win this game, their "D" really needs to step up.

texans have one top defender out right? a cb or safety that the guys on the football show i heard earlier say will make for a possible huge day for welker

No. It's being reported that CB Johnathan Joseph will play:
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/joseph-james-likely-to-play-against-patriots/

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Two main tasks for the Pats: stopping RB Arian Foster, and containing DE J.J. Watt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Well TP, not such a good day with the picks so far; :0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Anyone who agrees with the OP picking AGAINST THE PATS is a troll

So by your logic you would bet on the Pats, against the spread in every game. I would bet you wouldn't put your money where your mouth takes you? Bet 1000 dollars EVERY week on the Pats against the spread irregardless of the opponent. And show us the proof--NOW shut up because you sound foolish!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts