Week 15 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week 15 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Hard to believe its' almost Christmas, and we're winding down another NFL season. The playoff roster is beginning to take shape, with the AFC division winners Indy, San Diego, Cincinnati, and New England (assuming that they can end their road woes and beat the Bills). In the NFC, it looks like the division winners will be New Orleans, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and the Arizona Cardinals. 

In any event, here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) Cincinnati Bengals (+6.5) @ San Diego Chargers: The Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL, and a legitimate SB threat. The Bengals are coming off an embarrassing loss in Minnesota. The winner of this game likely will earn the second seed in the AFC, and a first round playoff bye. Though the Bengals have the rushing attack to control the clock and keep Philip Rivers and company off the field, the Bolts seem to have too many weapons. Nonetheless, I like Cincinnati's CBs, and the points:
    PICK: Bengals;

2.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5): Jaguars must have this game if they hope to earn a wildcard birth. The hated Colts just keep on rolling. Though they're playing down going undefeated, I can't see an ego maniac like Bill Polian passing such an opportunity by:
    PICK: Colts;

3.) Dallas Cowboys (+7) @ New Orleans Saints: Though the Saints have appeared mortal since blowing out the Patriots several weeks ago, the Cowboys, for whatever reason, cannot win in December. Their best defender, DeMarcus Ware, suffered whats' being termed as a sprained neck, and is supposedly questionable. So are the Cowboys' chances:
    PICK: Saints;

4.) Green Bay Packers (+1) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Along with the undefeated Colts and Saints, the biggest story this season is the demise of the champion Steelers. Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers is playing as well as any QB in the league, and the Green Bay defense is shaping up to be one of the NFL's best...despite some key injuries at CB. Though theres' been a ton of talk on Randy Moss, there has been surprisingly little concerning the apparent feud between Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward...which seemingly has torn the team apart:
    PICK: Packers;

5.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Tennessee Titans: Any hopes that the Dolphins have of winning the AFC East, or securing a wildcard spot, should end in Nashville:
    PICK: Titans;

6.) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills (+7): The angyst over the Patriots' problems on the road, and over the play of Randy Moss, will lessen in Buffalo. The Patriots know that they were extremely fortunate to win the first meeting between these teams on opening day. They'll set the record straight on that, and the AFC East, with a huge win:
    PICK: Patriots;

7.) Arizona Cardinals @ Detroit Lions (+12): The Cards were awful on Monday night in San Francisco, and will take it out on the hapless Lions:
    PICK: Cardinals;

8.) San Francisco 49ers (+9) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Was the 49ers' defense that good, or the Cardinals' offense that bad, last Monday night? Seven turnovers?? The 'Niners badly need this game in their quest for a wild card birth. With a win, and what appears to be excellent chances that both the Giants and Cowboys lose, Philly could stake claim to an NFC East title. But, a 9 point spread?
    PICK 49ers;

9.) Atlanta Falcons (+6) @ NY Jets: Huge game for both teams, who have wild card aspirations. The home is a dome Falcons have lots of injuries, and won't like the weather conditions that Jersey offers at this time of year:
    PICK: Jets;

10.) Chicago Bears (+10.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: More and more, Jay Cutler appears to be Jeff George, reincarnated. Cutler has a QB body seemingly made by Fisher, but the QB brains were put together by Mattel. The Ravens still have hopes for a wild card birth:
    PICK: Ravens;

11.) Cleveland Browns (+2) @ Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs are awful. Matt Cassel is hearing a chorus of boos. Meanwhile, the Browns are coming off an inspuring win over their biggest rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers:
    PICK: Browns;

12.) Houston Texans @ St. Louis Rams (+10.5): Since the Texans are all but eliminated from playoff contention, they're coming on like gangbusters. The Rams are playing for the right to draft Nebraska DT, King Kong Suh. RB Steven Jackson put it best when asked about the Rams last loss, when he said, "I'm tired":
    PICK: Texans;

13.) Oakland Raiders (+14) @ Denver Broncos: JaMarcus Russell is back at QB for the Raiders. Hence, the 14 point spread. After a tough loss in Indy, the Broncos need to get back on their wild card track. But, 14 points?:
    PICK: Raiders;

14.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+7) @ Seattle Seahawks: The Bucs looks lifeless last Sunday in getting crushed by the QB-less Jets:
    PICK: Seahawks;

15.) Minnesota Vikings @ Carolina Panthers (+9): The Panthers will be DelHomme-less again this week. The Vikes should be able to name their score:
    PICK: Vikings;

16.) NY Giants @ Washington Redskins (+3): Do the Giants have a defense anymore? The Redskins have one:
    PICK: Redskins.

Best Bets: Browns, Colts, Ravens, and Patriots.

Thoughs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Week 15 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Heres' a breakdown of the Pats/Bills game: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/matchup.php?game_id=20091220002

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

TexasPat,  Curious if you've been keeping record of your picks?  I've heard that if you can pick 62% against the line, you can make a career out of gambling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Week 15 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Hard to believe its' almost Christmas, and we're winding down another NFL season. The playoff roster is beginning to take shape, with the AFC division winners Indy, San Diego, Cincinnati, and New England (assuming that they can end their road woes and beat the Bills). In the NFC, it looks like the division winners will be New Orleans, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and the Arizona Cardinals.       In any event, here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Cincinnati Bengals (+6.5) @ San Diego Chargers: The Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL, and a legitimate SB threat. The Bengals are coming off an embarrassing loss in Minnesota. The winner of this game likely will earn the second seed in the AFC, and a first round playoff bye. Though the Bengals have the rushing attack to control the clock and keep Philip Rivers and company off the field, the Bolts seem to have too many weapons. Nonetheless, I like Cincinnati's CBs, and the points: PICK: Bengals; 2.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5): Jaguars must have this game if they hope to earn a wildcard birth. The hated Colts just keep on rolling. Though they're playing down going undefeated, I can't see an ego maniac like Bill Polian passing such an opportunity by: PICK: Colts; 3.) Dallas Cowboys (+7) @ New Orleans Saints: Though the Saints have appeared mortal since blowing out the Patriots several weeks ago, the Cowboys, for whatever reason, cannot win in December. Their best defender, DeMarcus Ware, suffered whats' being termed as a sprained neck, and is supposedly questionable. So are the Cowboys' chances: PICK: Saints; 4.) Green Bay Packers (+1) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Along with the undefeated Colts and Saints, the biggest story this season is the demise of the champion Steelers. Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers is playing as well as any QB in the league, and the Green Bay defense is shaping up to be one of the NFL's best...despite some key injuries at CB. Though theres' been a ton of talk on Randy Moss, there has been surprisingly little concerning the apparent feud between Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward...which seemingly has torn the team apart: PICK: Packers; 5.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Tennessee Titans:  Any hopes that the Dolphins have of winning the AFC East, or securing a wildcard spot, should end in Nashville: PICK: Titans; 6.) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills (+7): The angyst over the Patriots' problems on the road, and over the play of Randy Moss, will lessen in Buffalo. The Patriots know that they were extremely fortunate to win the first meeting between these teams on opening day. They'll set the record straight on that, and the AFC East, with a huge win: PICK: Patriots; 7.) Arizona Cardinals @ Detroit Lions (+12): The Cards were awful on Monday night in San Francisco, and will take it out on the hapless Lions: PICK: Cardinals; 8.) San Francisco 49ers (+9) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Was the 49ers' defense that good, or the Cardinals' offense that bad, last Monday night? Seven turnovers?? The 'Niners badly need this game in their quest for a wild card birth. With a win, and what appears to be excellent chances that both the Giants and Cowboys lose, Philly could stake claim to an NFC East title. But, a 9 point spread? PICK 49ers; 9.) Atlanta Falcons (+6) @ NY Jets:  Huge game for both teams, who have wild card aspirations. The home is a dome Falcons have lots of injuries, and won't like the weather conditions that Jersey offers at this time of year: PICK: Jets; 10.) Chicago Bears (+10.5) @ Baltimore Ravens:  More and more, Jay Cutler appears to be Jeff George, reincarnated. Cutler has a QB body seemingly made by Fisher, but the QB brains were put together by Mattel. The Ravens still have hopes for a wild card birth: PICK: Ravens; 11.) Cleveland Browns (+2) @ Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs are awful. Matt Cassel is hearing a chorus of boos. Meanwhile, the Browns are coming off an inspuring win over their biggest rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers: PICK: Browns; 12.) Houston Texans @ St. Louis Rams (+10.5): Since the Texans are all but eliminated from playoff contention, they're coming on like gangbusters. The Rams are playing for the right to draft Nebraska DT, King Kong Suh. RB Steven Jackson put it best when asked about the Rams last loss, when he said, "I'm tired": PICK: Texans; 13.) Oakland Raiders (+14) @ Denver Broncos: JaMarcus Russell is back at QB for the Raiders. Hence, the 14 point spread. After a tough loss in Indy, the Broncos need to get back on their wild card track. But, 14 points?: PICK: Raiders; 14.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+7) @ Seattle Seahawks: The Bucs looks lifeless last Sunday in getting crushed by the QB-less Jets: PICK: Seahawks; 15.) Minnesota Vikings @ Carolina Panthers (+9): The Panthers will be DelHomme-less again this week. The Vikes should be able to name their score: PICK: Vikings; 16.) NY Giants @ Washington Redskins (+3): Do the Giants have a defense anymore? The Redskins have one: PICK: Redskins.      Thoughs?                    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

1.) Cincinnati Bengals (+6.5) @ San Diego Chargers: The Chargers know the 2 seed is at stake in this game. Cincy does not score a lot of points and going up against SD at home does not bode well for the Bengals. Cincy last week = 91 passing yards & 210 total. Cincy has not scored more than 18 points in their last 4 road games. The Chargers have not scored less than 20 all year long PICK: Chargers; 

2.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5): 2.5 that’s it? LOCK PICK: Colts;

3.) Dallas Cowboys (+7) @ New Orleans Saints: Romo played good last week. The saints are playin’ not as well the last 2 games, getting lucky at WAS & ATL PICK: Boyz;

4.) Green Bay Packers (+1) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Steelers are pissedd. Who cares? I think the streak ends this week PICK: Steelers;

5.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Tennessee Titans: Fish outright. Pats fans should beware of what Mr. Henne is becoming. I think Ricky is the kind of back that can run on the Titans PICK: Fish;

6.) New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills (+7): the Patriots are supposed to beat this team, they will: PICK: Patriots;

7.) Arizona Cardinals @ Detroit Lions (+12): The Lions will not score more then 13 in this one Cards are quick on the D front 7 & need to stop the turnovers on O.  PICK: Cardinals;

8.) San Francisco 49ers (+9) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Eagles are quick at the skill positions and a very good team.  PHI wins the NFC EAST, I’ve been saying it all year PICK Eagles;

9.) Atlanta Falcons (+6) @ NY Jets: I think the Jets are due for a clunker PICK: Falcons;

10.) Chicago Bears (+10.5) @ Baltimore Ravens:  Jay Cutler appears to be Jeff George, reincarnated. Cutler has a QB body seemingly made by Fisher, but the QB brains were put together by Mattel. The Ravens still have hopes for a wild card birth: Cutler stinks! I say again, Cutler has not had a winning season since high school. Ravens/MIA can beat Indy @ Indy in the post season. PICK: Ravens;

11.) Cleveland Browns (+2) @ Kansas City Chiefs: Quinn is playing good, Cassel is not. What a mistake paying that kind of $ to him. He is hardly a backup IMO. PICK: Browns;

12.) Houston Texans @ St. Louis Rams (+10.5): Rams cover, Kubiak gets canned after this year PICK: Rams;

13.) Oakland Raiders (+14) @ Denver Broncos: didn’t the Raiders beat Denver in Denver last year? Yes 31-10, they may do it again! PICK: Raiders;

14.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+7) @ Seattle Seahawks: I think that Josh Johnson is better than Josh Freeman as QB for Tampa.  PICK: Seahawks;

15.) Minnesota Vikings @ Carolina Panthers (+9): Vikes by 10 or more PICK: Vikings;

16.) NY Giants @ Washington Redskins (+3): I like the skins outright in this one. ELI suckks The Jints are playin' like a bunch of wimps . All hype concerning the New York football Giants. PICK: Redskins.

BEST BET: INDY

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week 15 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]TexasPat,  Curious if you've been keeping record of your picks?  I've heard that if you can pick 62% against the line, you can make a career out of gambling.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Marc:

I don't think that I'll be giving up by day job anytime soon...LOL!! Winning 62% of the time against the spread is tough. For example, if the Red Sox were to win 62% of their games, they would finish the season with 100 wins.

Picking for a living would require that every NFL game be watched and scrutinized...and a need for some inside information on injuries. 

I would hate watching a game in garbage time hoping that the team I picked, whose playing an uninspiring prevent defense, would stop the opponent in their two minute drill. I'd rather have fun with the process.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Cincinnatti is a huge mirage.

I had the misfortune of watching them bumble and stumble and look generally inept in every phase of the game against a Minnesota team that was, itself, reeling from a sound thrashing at the hands of the mighty Arizona Cardinals (who then went on to lay a tremendous egg against non-descript San Francisco.

If I am Chargers fan right now, I am salivating at the prospect of hosting the Pats in the AFC Championship Game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Cincinnatti is a huge mirage. I had the misfortune of watching them bumble and stumble and look generally inept in every phase of the game against a Minnesota team that was, itself, reeling from a sound thrashing at the hands of the mighty Arizona Cardinals (who then went on to lay a tremendous egg against non-descript San Francisco. If I am Chargers fan right now, I am salivating at the prospect of hosting the Pats in the AFC Championship Game.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Would love to see things come down to the Pats/Chargers in the AFC. Anybody but the Indianapolis Colts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Strictly by the numbers, oakland to cover at denver.  denver is an 8 point favorite, not a 14 point favorite.  Oakland actually beat somebody or other at some time in the past, um,  Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia.

Carolina's second string QB did, eh, ok against the Pats, about what Carolina should have done last week, and he didn't throw too many DelHommes.  If he performs just as well next week, that's a 6 point discrepancy favoring the Panthers.

The Giants are 5 points below their point spread with Wash.  The teams are almost dead even on my rankings, and the game is in Washington.

I compute New England by 4.8 points.  Doesn't beat the spread, sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Here is our writers picks for the week plus game of the week, upset of the week and lock of the week. http://www.easternmainesportsblog.com/2009/12/nfl-predictions-week-15.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP -

the colts are certain to lose tonight. 

Not because they will rest their starters, not because the Jags are desparate for a win, not because the colts are playing on the road, and not because this is a tough division rivalry and records are meaningless. 

the colts are certain to lose tonight, because if my memory serves me right (questionable), this is the first week in quite a while that you have picked the colts. 

Thanks for ruining my day.  LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Can you sing for us again Doggydear

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TP - the colts are certain to lose tonight.  Not because they will rest their starters, not because the Jags are desparate for a win, not because the colts are playing on the road, and not because this is a tough division rivalry and records are meaningless.  the colts are certain to lose tonight, because if my memory serves me right (questionable), this is the first week in quite a while that you have picked the colts.  Thanks for ruining my day.  LOL.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Probably true. But, you know you're sweating the inevitable choke job in the playoffs. We'll see what you smug, arrogant Indy fans have to say then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

If we are smug, we learned from the best (pats fans) - just kidding. 

Believe it or not, I am only a believer in the colts record this year, because it actually exists.  This team is not special like the pats were on their run. 

do the colts have enough to win it all.  I think so.  The d is playing better and doing a respectable (not stellar) job against the run. 

I actually would like to see the colts face the chargers, but at this point that would not happen until affcg and there is no guarantee that either team will make it.  No better way to exorcise demons than to face them head on. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

colts vs dolts....now there's two teams that will don their gay apparel...like their fans.   SING IT DOGGGYDEAR!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Just the chorus for you HRK.  Super bowl, super bowl, super bowl

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Cincinnatti is a huge mirage. I had the misfortune of watching them bumble and stumble and look generally inept in every phase of the game against a Minnesota team that was, itself, reeling from a sound thrashing at the hands of the mighty Arizona Cardinals (who then went on to lay a tremendous egg against non-descript San Francisco. If I am Chargers fan right now, I am salivating at the prospect of hosting the Pats in the AFC Championship Game.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more - they'll be playing OUT OF THEIR MINDS now.

As if defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer losing his wife to cancer wasn't enough, Chris Henry will put them over the top.

Woe unto the Chargers this weekend.  I think the Bengals play their best game of the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Way too much information to sift through on this one. 

My picks
    INDY
    NO (bye bye Dallas, hehehehe)
    BAL
    NE (Of course!)
    ARI
    HOU
    MIA
    KC
    ATL
    PHI
    DEN
    SD (This team is peaking like the Pats used to do)
    GB (Pit is sooo done)
    SEA
    MIN
    WAS (And as a bonus I get to hear RS talking heads yack about the game on the radio all the way to work, sigh....)

There!  I think you can digest that one pretty easy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

[QUOTE]Way too much information to sift through on this one.  My picks INDY NO (bye bye Dallas, hehehehe) BAL NE (Of course!) ARI HOU MIA KC ATL PHI DEN SD (This team is peaking like the Pats used to do) GB (Pit is sooo done) SEA MIN WAS (And as a bonus I get to hear RS talking heads yack about the game on the radio all the way to work, sigh....) There!  I think you can digest that one pretty easy.
    Posted by vapatfan1[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Redskins is your big upset of the week.  http://www.easternmainesportsblog.com/2009/12/nfl-predictions-week-15.html

Sections
Shortcuts