WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

damn u definitely got that tebow fever, picking the broncos...all we got to hope for is that we are up by 2 scores or more in the 4th quarter so we have less of a chance of seeing tebowmania again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I think saying the Pats "got embarressed in DC" is a little over the top.  They won a road game in the NFL, not their finest effort but a W is a W. 

Christian Ponder threw for 381 yards and 3 td's against the Broncos a couple weeks ago and the Tebows, i mean Broncos, great Defensive efforts have come against Hanie, Sanchez and Cassell/Palko combo.  The Pats will move the ball on offense, the question is will the Defense be able to get off the field.  I'd say Pats 27-17.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Pats, Jets, Baltimore, and Pitt are all on the road against decent teams so anyone of them could lose.  I wouldn't be surprised if any of the 4 loses.  The Pats should beat Broncs but Broncs can make it interesting if the Pats play like they did the past 2 weeks.  Chung and Spikes coming back will help the run defense which is what is needed against Denver  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week":
    damn u definitely got that tebow fever, picking the broncos...all we got to hope for is that we are up by 2 scores or more in the 4th quarter so we have less of a chance of seeing tebowmania again
    Posted by redsoxfan94
    TP picks against the spread thinking Denver will cover... he is not saying the Broncos win, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think saying the Pats "got embarressed in DC" is a little over the top.  They won a road game in the NFL, not their finest effort but a W is a W.  Christian Ponder threw for 381 yards and 3 td's against the Broncos a couple weeks ago and the Tebows, i mean Broncos, great Defensive efforts have come against Hanie, Sanchez and Cassell/Palko combo.  The Pats will move the ball on offense, the question is will the Defense be able to get off the field.  I'd say Pats 27-17.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

The Broncos can't survive a shootout with the Pats, at least we think so, right?  Tebow has shown tendancies to have passes not be in the same zipcode as his receivers, which may be helpful to the Pats pass defense.  The Broncos might be good against the run, but, the Pats did a good job against the Raiders when many said the same thing in that game.  If Chung and Spikes return, too, that may be the difference.  What we do not want is the score be a one score game late and the Pats let up like the Bears did.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For +6, I'll take the Broncos plus the points.  I'll do the final stats in a while, but right now I have the Pats by only 3.5 points. 

Denver stadiums have a rep.  People run out of gas (gasp gasp gasp) after 3 quarters.  That's a point for Denver. 

BB eats up unbalanced offenses where other teams freak out about them.  Denver is as unbalanced toward the run as any team in the NFL.  That's a point for the Pats.  Expect a 5-2 defense much of the time, with everybody keeping their lanes as they push inward.  Make Tebow prove that he has the passing arm to beat people. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : The Broncos can't survive a shootout with the Pats, at least we think so, right? 

The pats secondary will make TeBow look good.
    Seattle will beat the Bears
    Eagles will beat the Jets

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hearing the end of last week’s Washington/Pats game, I almost want to fudge New England’s 7 point victory downward a couple of points.  It was a pretty close game 5 yards from the end zone.  Maybe I’ll think about my scoring rules a bit.

St. Louis and Seattle are given with an asterisk, pending tonight's game.

1   gb   14.7   (last wk. 1)

2   ne   12.8   (last wk. 2)

3   no   12.2   (last wk. 6)

4   hou   12.2   (last wk. 4)

5   pit   11.8   (last wk. 3)

6   bal   11.6   (last wk. 5)

7   sf   10.7   (last wk. 7)

8   nyj   10.3   (last wk. 10)

9   atl   9.8   (last wk. 9)

10   chi   8.9   (last wk. 11)

11   mia   8.9   (last wk. 8)

12   sd   8.7   (last wk. 16)

13   phi   8.6   (last wk. 20)

14   den   8.6   (last wk. 15)

15   ten   8.4   (last wk. 13)

16   det   8.4   (last wk. 12)

17   cin   8.3   (last wk. 17)

18   nyg   8.1   (last wk. 18)

19   dal   8.0   (last wk. 14)

20   sea   7.5*  (last wk. 19)

21   jac   6.8   (last wk. 27)

22   az   6.7   (last wk. 25)

23   min   6.1   (last wk. 24)

24   car   5.8   (last wk. 21)

25   was   5.2   (last wk. 29)

26   cle   5.1   (last wk. 30)

27   oak   4.9   (last wk. 23)

28   buf   4.7   (last wk. 26)

29   kc   4.1   (last wk. 22)

30   tb   3.7   (last wk. 28)

31   stl   3.0*   (last wk. 31)

32   ind   1.2   (last wk. 32)

My points, with an asterisk for st. louis and seattle.

visitor/home/my points / the public's opinion / difference

stl   sea    11.9   6.5   5.4  tonight.  Pretty good pick for Seattle right here.  Next week’s games by these two teams will be meh.  If Seattle wins by 12 points tonight, I won’t favor either team next week.

jac   atl    7.6   11   -3.4

dal   tb    -3.3   -7   3.7

mia   buf    -3.1   -1.5   -1.6

gb   kc    -12.9   -13.5   0.6

ten   ind    -7.8   -6.5   -1.3

car   hou    12.7   6.5   6.2

cin   stl*    -5.8   -3.5   -2.3

sea*   chi    6.3   4.5   1.8

no   min    -6.0   -7.5   1.5

was   nyg    7.5   7   0.5

det   oak    -2.0   -1   -1.0

ne   den    -3.3   -6   2.7

cle   az    3.5   6.5   -3.0

nyj   phi    0.5   3   -2.5

bal   sd    -1.3   -2.5   1.2

pit   sf    0.1   1   -0.9

Last week’s game of the week: 

I stuck up for Houston to win, and they did.  The current streak is 8-2.  My system continues to stomp all over Vegas (will the commish fine me for this?). Nobody anywhere on earth is beating little old me, except the guy who fixes the games.

This week’s game of the week. 

car   hou    12.7   6.5   6.2  I continue to note the lack of evidence that Houston’s third stringer is that bad. 

New England to win, but Denver with the points. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I heard a Denver commentator on the radio today talk about how much better Tebow passes in the hurry up. The Broncos have been trying to win by grinding the clock down and keep it close but apparently there is some talk that the Broncos might want to speed up their offense more because Tebow is more comfortable that way. His passing stats in the hurry up apparently are dramatically better (according to the analyst on the radio). The Broncos seem to use the hurry up only when they have to (ex-down by 10 with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter) but maybe with Pats porous secondary they might try to open it up a little bit this week.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Patriots win a not so dramatic game were Tebow is what we thought he was, a nice kid with a lot to learn.

GB could be surprised by the coaching change in Kansas

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Denver had three key defensive secondary players not practicing, not two.  Besides starting cornerback Andre' Goodman and starting safety Brian Dawkins being out, Dawkins's backup, David Bruton, was also not practicing due to injury.  Who are they going to get, Rodney Harrison?

Not practicing for probably the most unique offense in the NFL?   Not too good.  Tebow/Roethlisberger/Vick offenses are uncommon, but New England is pretty unusual.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts