1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get why this Dallas Cowboys fan keeps posting on a New England Patriots forum, but he sure doesn't understand how the Pats fair against the spread:

New England is 109-69-6 against the spread since 2001, producing a net of 40 winning bets that Zang writes is once again nearly three standard statistical deviations from the rest of the league 

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/book_stats_say_pats_antics_haven_8MfYgveHFfSZ66NC0wGQhN/1

[/QUOTE]

Welcome, oh Grand Poo-bah! LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE]

hey TP still pick jints tho bradshaw out? nicks also hurting didn't practice this week

on the backline no phillips or amukimura

maybe still pick gmen but not by a lot?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going to matter. The Giants' "D" will dominate. Still like the G-men, big.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Greg Cote of the Miami Herald usually is one of the better prognosticators around, against the spread. But, he's having a bit of an off year...10 games under .500. Still, the guy is a good read, every week. Plus, since he's just seen Miami face the Pats and the 49ers in back to back weeks, he's likely got a good pulse on the upcoming 9ers/Pats game. Here's his pick on that huge game, and all others:  http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/14/3141355/greg-cotes-week-15-nfl-picks.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get why this Dallas Cowboys fan keeps posting on a New England Patriots forum, but he sure doesn't understand how the Pats fair against the spread:

New England is 109-69-6 against the spread since 2001, producing a net of 40 winning bets that Zang writes is once again nearly three standard statistical deviations from the rest of the league 

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/book_stats_say_pats_antics_haven_8MfYgveHFfSZ66NC0wGQhN/1

[/QUOTE]

Welcome, oh Grand Poo-bah! LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE]

hey TP still pick jints tho bradshaw out? nicks also hurting didn't practice this week

on the backline no phillips or amukimura

maybe still pick gmen but not by a lot?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going to matter. The Giants' "D" will dominate. Still like the G-men, big.

[/QUOTE]

Tex...  Tex...tex...  What are you talking about? yeah last week jints won but their D gave up ,500 yds in hollow victory over bumbling saints.  Atlanta at home will torch this team while underrated falcon D will give Eli problems.  Easy pick for Atlanta. 

Same with NE... The points give pause but you're slow if you just cling to your failed negative evaluations, futilely trying to justify that dumb thread about patriots being soft...  yeah i remember reading that but it was so whiney I didn't post on it plus it seemed you were simply out of touch with this team... Which showed again last week.  Oh well.

those are the only games I'm feeling at the moment. But i might add a couple more picks tomorrow...

BTW,  IGNORING any jintsy troll posts that follow my posts while posting this picture :

See full size imagewaa I don't like when people call me names evn tho I'm a little dinky troll  hanging here getting humiliated on another teams board....

crying-baby-jintsy whose team has lost 3 of 5 games while looking putrid most of the time.. let's all laugh at jints troll while ignoring his juvenile ramblings... hahaha...lol...  Jintsy the little dink troll from NY... hahaha....hangig here getting humiliated ... Lol...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

giants,  Eli crapped themselves... Lol.  Hey jintsy... Still around... ?  Lame little NY dink troll...  Hahaha... hanging here talking crap and getting slapped around repeatedly... Btw , don't respond you know better. Not reading your Crap... Lol...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GboroYankee. Show GboroYankee's posts

Another Toug week for you. Pats win

[QUOTE]

Coming off a lousy week of picking against the spread. Though parity in the NFL is pretty much a fiction, it seems that this year it's been tougher than ever to out-guess the pros who set the lines each NFL week. Nonetheless, it was a great week for Patriots' fans...with the Ravens suffering their 4th loss of the year to RG III led Washington, and, of course, the Pats crushing the Texans, last Monday night. A win over the 49ers this week will all but assure a playoff bye for New England, no matter what happens with Denver, Baltimore, or Houston. So, is there any surprise that the "Game of the Week" is:

1.) (9-3-1) San Francisco 49ers (+5.5) @ (10-3) New England Patriots: Pats can't afford a let down with the physical 49ers coming to town. But, the fact that this game is of such significance for playoff seeding, and is yet another prime-timer (Sunday night), makes that unlikely. Make no mistake about it, these 49ers are a legitimate SB threat. Their defense makes them so. Like Houston, they have a star DE in Justin Smith. But, unlike Houston, there's far more defensive star power. The 49ers have the best set of LBs in the game, with OLBs Ahmad Brooks (6'3", 259lbs., and 6 sacks), and Aldon Smith (6'4", 258lbs, and 20 sacks). On the inside, there's 6'0" 242 lb. NaVorro Bowman, and 6'1", 240 tackling monster Patrick Willis. How well the Pats' OL handle the "Smith brothers"  and Brooks will likely decide this game. On offense, there's inexpeienced, yet mobile QB, Colin Kaepernick. The Pats must keep him contained in the pass pocket. On the ground, the 9ers plow ahead with RB Frank Gore, behind a physical, young OL. The receiver that bears watching is Gronk-type TE Vernon Davis. San Francisco also is strong on special teams, with dangerous punt returner Tedd Ginn, Jr.. WR Randy Moss returns to Foxborough, and would like nothing better than to shine against his former teammates. Though Houston prresented a challenge, the 49ers present even a greater challenge. It's imperative that the Pats do an adequate job of protecting Tom Brady, avoid turnovers, and, as they did against Houston, take an early lead. The 49ers are not a team you want to play from behind against. Are the Pats capable of two "A" games in a row? An "A" game is what they'll need to win this one: PICK: 49ers;

2.) (7-6) Cincinnati Bengals @ (4-9) Philadelphia Eagles (+4):  The Eagles snapped an 8 game losing streak with a last second road win at Tampa, last week. Meanwhile, the Bengals gagged away a game at home that they should have won, to the Cowboys. No telling who takes this one...but it's one that the Bengals must have. Philly players are playing for jobs next season: PICK: Bengals;

3.) (9-4) Green Bay Packers @ (8-5) Chicago Bears (+2.5):  Not enough of a spread to go with the bumbling Bears. GB can wrap up their division against these pandas, in Grizzly clothing: PICK: Packers; 

4.) (8-5) NY Giants (+1.5) @ (11-2) Atlanta Falcons:  Measuring stick game for the Falcons against the defending champs. The G-men will do to the Falcons what the Pats did to the Texans: PICK: Giants;

5.) (6-7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3) @ (5-8) New Orleans Saints:  Does it matter? Has RB Doug Martin hit the rookie wall in Tampa? Is Drew Brees still interested? This ones' a toss up: PICK: Buccaneers;

6.) (7-6) Minnesota Vikings (+3) @ (6-6-1) St. Louis Rams:  Rams have pulled out close ones in back to back weeks, against the 49ers and the Bills. Adrian Peterson is a one-man gang in Minnesota. Considering that his QB is the pathetic Christian Ponder, what Peterson has done is nothing short of amazing. Both teams striving to keep their flickering NFC playoff hopes alive: PICK: Rams;

7.) (7-6) Washington Redskins (+1) @ (5-8) Cleveland Browns:  Even if RG III is given clearance to play, the 'Skins would be wise not to risk further injury to his knee, and to sit him out. But, other than this past draft, it's rare that the word "wise" has been used in the same sentence with Redskins. Cleveland has won two in a row, and is buuilding their confidence. Still, you know that the long suffering Browns' fans are irrate that their team missed out on RG III: PICK: Redskins;

8.) (2-11) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7) @ (5-8) Miami Dolphins:   Late season games between have-nots like these are so difficult to call. Still, former Dolphins QB, Chad Henne, is now the Jags' starting QB. I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to show up his ex-team, on their home field: PICK: Jaguars;  

9.) (10-3) Denver Broncos @ (9-4) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5): To beat Denver, a team must apply some pressure to "The Horseface". With Terrell Suggs no where near 100%, the Buzzards have no one who can do that. Knowing that his "D" isn't anywhere near what it once was, one half of the hated Harbaugh brothers, John, fired his OC in desperation...and promoted former Colts' maniken, Jim Caldwell, to save the day!! Though Peyton is the Picasso of Choke Artists, I don't know if the Ravens can do enough to disrupt him. Still, the Buzzards are a much better team at home than on the road. They'll pull out all the stops. Watch for thug Bernard Pollard to be diving at the knees of Bronco players, trying to even the playing field. All hail the Horseface!: PICK: Broncos;

10.) (9-4) Indianapolis Colts (+8.5) @ (11-2) Houston Texans:  I like the Texans to win. But, an 8.5 point spread seems a tad high. Let's hope Andrew Luck can pull off one more miracle: PICK: Colts;

11.) (4-9) Carolina Panthers (+3) @ (5-8) San Diego Chargers:   Here comes the Norv Turner led Chargers, with yet another late season run, towards the friendly confines of mediocrity: PICK: Chargers;

12.) (8-5) Seattle Seahawks @ (5-8) Buffalo Bills (+5):  Seattle is a different team at home, than on the road. The Bills are far more consistent. They're awful no matter where they play: PICK: Seahawks;

13.) (4-9) Detroit Lions @ (4-9) Arizona Cardinals (+6): Hard to believe that the Patriots actually lost at home to these marked Cards. Were it not for that, how much better off would the Pats be today? Okay...I'll stop crying over spilt milk. But, gee wiz, these Cards were dismantled by the offensively challenged Seahawks last week, 58-0! Is there such a thing as the Cardinal Way? PICK: Lions;

14.) (7-6) Pittsburgh Steelers @ (7-6) Dallas Cowboys (+2):  After gutting out an inspiring win in Baltimore, the Steelers bounced back with a stink-bomb at home, against the Norv Turner led Chargers. Though the Cowboys pulled out a big win in Cincinnati last weekend, this is the type of game that they specialize in failing to show up for. There is such a thing as the Steeler Way: PICK: Steelers;

15.) (2-11) Kansas City Chiefs (+3) @ (3-10) Oakland Raiders: Huge game for both teams. Currently, the Chiefs are tied with Jacksonville for the league's worst record, which would earn them the top overall pick in the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. But, with a loss this week, the Raiders can move into contention for the same honor. Hard to believe that at one time, these teams had the most heated rivalry in the NFL. Which team will gag this one away? Will Raiders' star PK, Sebastien Janokowski, come down with a mysterious illness? Will the Chiefs play Payton Hillis at QB? Will the crowd of crazies in the "Black Hole" section be outwardly rooting for the Chiefs?: PICK: None of The Above;

16.) (6-7) NY Jets (+1.5) @ (4-9) Tennessee Titans:  Wow! I bet the league is thrilled to have this "classic" as it's prime time Monday Night game. I guess many football fans will be switching to Monday Night Raw, to see John Cena take on the dreaded "justice" group, known as "The Shield"...or to see what kind of mischief Vicki Guerrero can stir up, subsequent to her excusing herself to the learned fans. Will the "Celtic Warrior" Shameus violate his contract by attacking the "Big Show", or lose it with C. M. Punk? Can y'all smell what ol' TexasPat is cookin"?: PICK: Jets;

Best Bets: Packers, Giants, Jaguars, Chargers, Steelers.

As always, your comments, opinions, and predictions aare welcome...especially concerning tthe Pats' game.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts