WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of tthe Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and "Game of tthe Week"

Coming off a lousy week of picking against the spread. Though parity in the NFL is pretty much a fiction, it seems that this year it's been tougher than ever to out-guess the pros who set the lines each NFL week. Nonetheless, it was a great week for Patriots' fans...with the Ravens suffering their 4th loss of the year to RG III led Washington, and, of course, the Pats crushing the Texans, last Monday night. A win over the 49ers this week will all but assure a playoff bye for New England, no matter what happens with Denver, Baltimore, or Houston. So, is there any surprise that the "Game of the Week" is:

1.) (9-3-1) San Francisco 49ers (+5.5) @ (10-3) New England Patriots: Pats can't afford a let down with the physical 49ers coming to town. But, the fact that this game is of such significance for playoff seeding, and is yet another prime-timer (Sunday night), makes that unlikely. Make no mistake about it, these 49ers are a legitimate SB threat. Their defense makes them so. Like Houston, they have a star DE in Justin Smith. But, unlike Houston, there's far more defensive star power. The 49ers have the best set of LBs in the game, with OLBs Ahmad Brooks (6'3", 259lbs., and 6 sacks), and Aldon Smith (6'4", 258lbs, and 20 sacks). On the inside, there's 6'0" 242 lb. NaVorro Bowman, and 6'1", 240 tackling monster Patrick Willis. How well the Pats' OL handle the "Smith brothers"  and Brooks will likely decide this game. On offense, there's inexpeienced, yet mobile QB, Colin Kaepernick. The Pats must keep him contained in the pass pocket. On the ground, the 9ers plow ahead with RB Frank Gore, behind a physical, young OL. The receiver that bears watching is Gronk-type TE Vernon Davis. San Francisco also is strong on special teams, with dangerous punt returner Tedd Ginn, Jr.. WR Randy Moss returns to Foxborough, and would like nothing better than to shine against his former teammates. Though Houston prresented a challenge, the 49ers present even a greater challenge. It's imperative that the Pats do an adequate job of protecting Tom Brady, avoid turnovers, and, as they did against Houston, take an early lead. The 49ers are not a team you want to play from behind against. Are the Pats capable of two "A" games in a row? An "A" game is what they'll need to win this one: PICK: 49ers;

2.) (7-6) Cincinnati Bengals @ (4-9) Philadelphia Eagles (+4):  The Eagles snapped an 8 game losing streak with a last second road win at Tampa, last week. Meanwhile, the Bengals gagged away a game at home that they should have won, to the Cowboys. No telling who takes this one...but it's one that the Bengals must have. Philly players are playing for jobs next season: PICK: Bengals;

3.) (9-4) Green Bay Packers @ (8-5) Chicago Bears (+2.5):  Not enough of a spread to go with the bumbling Bears. GB can wrap up their division against these pandas, in Grizzly clothing: PICK: Packers; 

4.) (8-5) NY Giants (+1.5) @ (11-2) Atlanta Falcons:  Measuring stick game for the Falcons against the defending champs. The G-men will do to the Falcons what the Pats did to the Texans: PICK: Giants;

5.) (6-7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3) @ (5-8) New Orleans Saints:  Does it matter? Has RB Doug Martin hit the rookie wall in Tampa? Is Drew Brees still interested? This ones' a toss up: PICK: Buccaneers;

6.) (7-6) Minnesota Vikings (+3) @ (6-6-1) St. Louis Rams:  Rams have pulled out close ones in back to back weeks, against the 49ers and the Bills. Adrian Peterson is a one-man gang in Minnesota. Considering that his QB is the pathetic Christian Ponder, what Peterson has done is nothing short of amazing. Both teams striving to keep their flickering NFC playoff hopes alive: PICK: Rams;

7.) (7-6) Washington Redskins (+1) @ (5-8) Cleveland Browns:  Even if RG III is given clearance to play, the 'Skins would be wise not to risk further injury to his knee, and to sit him out. But, other than this past draft, it's rare that the word "wise" has been used in the same sentence with Redskins. Cleveland has won two in a row, and is buuilding their confidence. Still, you know that the long suffering Browns' fans are irrate that their team missed out on RG III: PICK: Redskins;

8.) (2-11) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7) @ (5-8) Miami Dolphins:   Late season games between have-nots like these are so difficult to call. Still, former Dolphins QB, Chad Henne, is now the Jags' starting QB. I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to show up his ex-team, on their home field: PICK: Jaguars;  

9.) (10-3) Denver Broncos @ (9-4) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5): To beat Denver, a team must apply some pressure to "The Horseface". With Terrell Suggs no where near 100%, the Buzzards have no one who can do that. Knowing that his "D" isn't anywhere near what it once was, one half of the hated Harbaugh brothers, John, fired his OC in desperation...and promoted former Colts' maniken, Jim Caldwell, to save the day!! Though Peyton is the Picasso of Choke Artists, I don't know if the Ravens can do enough to disrupt him. Still, the Buzzards are a much better team at home than on the road. They'll pull out all the stops. Watch for thug Bernard Pollard to be diving at the knees of Bronco players, trying to even the playing field. All hail the Horseface!: PICK: Broncos;

10.) (9-4) Indianapolis Colts (+8.5) @ (11-2) Houston Texans:  I like the Texans to win. But, an 8.5 point spread seems a tad high. Let's hope Andrew Luck can pull off one more miracle: PICK: Colts;

11.) (4-9) Carolina Panthers (+3) @ (5-8) San Diego Chargers:   Here comes the Norv Turner led Chargers, with yet another late season run, towards the friendly confines of mediocrity: PICK: Chargers;

12.) (8-5) Seattle Seahawks @ (5-8) Buffalo Bills (+5):  Seattle is a different team at home, than on the road. The Bills are far more consistent. They're awful no matter where they play: PICK: Seahawks;

13.) (4-9) Detroit Lions @ (4-9) Arizona Cardinals (+6): Hard to believe that the Patriots actually lost at home to these marked Cards. Were it not for that, how much better off would the Pats be today? Okay...I'll stop crying over spilt milk. But, gee wiz, these Cards were dismantled by the offensively challenged Seahawks last week, 58-0! Is there such a thing as the Cardinal Way? PICK: Lions;

14.) (7-6) Pittsburgh Steelers @ (7-6) Dallas Cowboys (+2):  After gutting out an inspiring win in Baltimore, the Steelers bounced back with a stink-bomb at home, against the Norv Turner led Chargers. Though the Cowboys pulled out a big win in Cincinnati last weekend, this is the type of game that they specialize in failing to show up for. There is such a thing as the Steeler Way: PICK: Steelers;

15.) (2-11) Kansas City Chiefs (+3) @ (3-10) Oakland Raiders: Huge game for both teams. Currently, the Chiefs are tied with Jacksonville for the league's worst record, which would earn them the top overall pick in the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. But, with a loss this week, the Raiders can move into contention for the same honor. Hard to believe that at one time, these teams had the most heated rivalry in the NFL. Which team will gag this one away? Will Raiders' star PK, Sebastien Janokowski, come down with a mysterious illness? Will the Chiefs play Payton Hillis at QB? Will the crowd of crazies in the "Black Hole" section be outwardly rooting for the Chiefs?: PICK: None of The Above;

16.) (6-7) NY Jets (+1.5) @ (4-9) Tennessee Titans:  Wow! I bet the league is thrilled to have this "classic" as it's prime time Monday Night game. I guess many football fans will be switching to Monday Night Raw, to see John Cena take on the dreaded "justice" group, known as "The Shield"...or to see what kind of mischief Vicki Guerrero can stir up, subsequent to her excusing herself to the learned fans. Will the "Celtic Warrior" Shameus violate his contract by attacking the "Big Show", or lose it with C. M. Punk? Can y'all smell what ol' TexasPat is cookin"?: PICK: Jets;

Best Bets: Packers, Giants, Jaguars, Chargers, Steelers.

As always, your comments, opinions, and predictions aare welcome...especially concerning tthe Pats' game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: WEEK 15 NFL PICKS and

Upset that they are being cast as underdogs, the 49ers have a chip on their shoulder, heading into Sunday night: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Trip-to-New-England-appears-to-be-uphill-4110170.php 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"Paul, why do you always put the Patriots at #1?"Because I don't want to be totally embarrassed after they take the NFL's #3 team and wipe the concession area floor with them, that's why.  Any old national pundit can make them #1 afterwards.

I realize that winning more than 16 games in one season isn't going to happen.  New England's 16.2 power rating is a historical outlier to accommodate some extra-wide point spreads.  Likewise, Kansas City's 0.4 rating is a little too close to 0.0, but when they lose to lowly Cleveland that badly, where else do they belong?

1   ne   16.2   (last wk. 1)

2   sea   12.9   (last wk. 5)

3   sf   12.6   (last wk. 2)

4   nyg   12.0   (last wk. 6)

5   den   11.7   (last wk. 4)

6   hou   11.6   (last wk. 3)

7   gb   9.9   (last wk. 8)

8   bal   9.6   (last wk. 11)

9   chi   9.5   (last wk. 9)

10   atl   9.2   (last wk. 7)

11   was   9.0   (last wk. 12)

12   dal   9.0   (last wk. 16)

13   min   8.9   (last wk. 17)

14   cin   8.5   (last wk. 10)

15   car   8.4   (last wk. 23)

16   stl   8.2   (last wk. 19)

17   mia   8.0   (last wk. 18)

18   tb   7.9   (last wk. 13)

19   sd   7.6   (last wk. 24)

20   buf   7.5   (last wk. 14)

21   cle   7.1   (last wk. 22)

22   pit   7.0   (last wk. 15)

23   det   6.8   (last wk. 25)

24   ind   6.8   (last wk. 21)

25   no   6.6   (last wk. 20)

26   nyj   6.1   (last wk. 26)

27   phi   5.6   (last wk. 28)

28   az   4.5   (last wk. 27)

29   ten   4.0   (last wk. 29)

30   jac   1.7   (last wk. 30)

31   oak   1.2   (last wk. 31)

32   kc   0.4   (last wk. 32)

My own week 15 point spreads

Visitor / Home / My Points / The Gambling Public's Opinion / Difference

cin   phi    -3.3   -3.5   0.2

nyg   atl    -1.1   1.0   -2.1

ind   hou    10.7   8.0   2.7

gb   chi    3.9   -3.0   6.9

den   bal    1.3   -2.0   3.3

jac   mia    9.0   7.0   2.0

was   cle    -2.7   -0.5   -2.2

min   stl    1.8   2.5   -0.7

tb   no    -0.5   3.5   -4.0

sea   buf    1.3   -5.0   6.3

car   sd    5.3   3.0   2.3

det   az    3.0   -6.0   9.0

kc   oak    6.3   3.0   3.3

pit   dal    7.0   -1.0   8.0

sf   ne    14.4   5.5   8.9

nyj   ten    0.8   1.5   -0.7

Last week jintsfan really wanted me to pick Pittsburgh plus seven points.  I said no, not enough spread for my numbers and Ben Roofies Roethlisberger could be either too injured or too rusty.  If jintsfan actually ran with Pittsburgh, well, there it went like marbles down the drain.  Roethlisberger started out too rusty.  Instead I hurt poor Kansas City's feelings.  Not that KC doesn't have bigger problems than football fan insults these days.  KC plus 6 points was so comfortable!  I'm up to 7-5 with two pushes for the year.

On to week 15's Game of the Week.  I say, go with what you know.  Patriots to crush the Kaepernick Pistol.  The machine says Pats by two touchdowns, sometimes less, sometimes more. 

sf   ne    14.4   5.5   8.9

Frisco recently lost some power rating for laying down twice to lowly Saint Louis.  Besides Alex Smith going down and besides opponents successfully figuring out Kaepernick's inexperience, what else is wrong with SF lately?  I don't know but the numbers are hinting about something.  SF beat Miami about as comfortably as expected.

In addition, a 5-hour flight to Warwick, RI, where it will be nighttime way too early for the team's biological clocks, batters SF.  It's slightly worse flying three time zones east than west.  SF was the NFL's #1 tiger at home vs. Hello Kitty on the road over 2009-2011, weighted a bit toward 2011.  Expect a good fourth quarter for the Pats as jet lag exhaustion sets in.  Note:  the software also deducted for New England's short week.

If you were San Fran's backup quarterback recently promoted, how would you like to be staring Seattle (winning 58-0 at their last game) in the face next week in the Seattle rain, for the NFC West division crown?  Outwardly Kaepernick tells the press "Yeah, I'm really excited."Inwardly his gut gnaws.  So why would Kaepernick care 100% about the "Super Bowl Preview" non-conference circus when SF's defining NFC game is next week?  My software adds a couple of trap game points onto the New England game.  Meanwhile, Tom Brady is saying, "Who cares about the week after?"

Not reflected in my numbers, NE is already on an 8:30 start schedule under the lights from their last game.  The latest weatherunderground.com forecast for 7 and for 10 pm on Sunday is a chance of snow, probably wet snowball snow, with winds at 8 mph out of the ENE.  Somebody bring the sleigh bells.  If I were San Francisco I'd practice up in the Tahoe ski region this week.  My numbers don't reflect the second night game in a row for the Pats, or the weather, so let's toss some more points onto the point spread pile. 

One more tidbit:  Gronk returns.  BB tossed a tight end off the team yesterday.  That's a pretty definitive move.

Other Picks:

det   az    3.0   -6.0   9.0

I don't care that much if Arizona was turtle food last week.  It's the same team that played tough at Atlanta.  They only lost at the Jets by 1 point, but that's not as significant.  The gambling public looks only at win and loss streaks.  The public has a really short collective memory.  I see teams hitting bottom and then fighting back against teams they can possibly beat.  Kolb might or might not return this week for Arizona.

gb   chi    3.9   -3.0   6.9

My margin of victory numbers can't see last-game injuries and recoveries, but Jay Cutler is reportedly ready to practice this week for the Green Bay game. 

sea   buf    1.3   -5.0   6.3

Seattle is historically another home tiger and road kitty.  The flight to Buffalo isn't quite as far as a flight to Warwick, RI, but it counts.  Again, Seattle is thinking about playing SF next week.  BTW, my software favors Seattle over San Francisco by 6.2 points in 12 days. 

Non-Picks

pit   dal    7.0   -1.0   8.0

I avoided Pittsburgh last week because Ben R. might have been rusty.  I will avoid calling against Pitts this week because Ben R. looked like he got over his rust after the first disastrous quarter of the San Diego game.  My numbers don't reflect quarterbacks getting better.  What if Ben's ribs feel one week better and he shoots up the town in Dallas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coming off a lousy week of picking against the spread. Though parity in the NFL is pretty much a fiction, it seems that this year it's been tougher than ever to out-guess the pros who set the lines each NFL week.

[/QUOTE]

Not that tough, Tex!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I see that you put a lot of reasoning for picking the 49'rs with 5 1/2 over the Pats.  

Last week you thought 3 1/2 was too much to give against the Texans.  I replied back then that I thought that the Pats would win by a lot more than 3 1/2 Points.  

I disagree with you again this week on the Pats not being able to win by more than 5 1/2.  Why?  Because any team that had TWO cracks at the Rams this season and couldn't beat then is not a world beater in my book.  I understand that the Pats lost to Arizona but that was near the beginning of the season while Arizona was on the way to going 4 and 0.  In the mean time the 49'rs lost to the Rams only 2 Weeks ago.  I also understand that the Rams were division games and they can be a lot tougher but so were the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins division games for the Pats.  

And now that we have a defense to go along with our offense, I believe the Pats will win by more than 5 1/2 Points.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Coming off a lousy week of picking against the spread. Though parity in the NFL is pretty much a fiction, it seems that this year it's been tougher than ever to out-guess the pros who set the lines each NFL week.

[/QUOTE]

Not that tough, Tex!

[/QUOTE]

Well...I'm having a bad year, Paul...LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Coming off a lousy week of picking against the spread. Though parity in the NFL is pretty much a fiction, it seems that this year it's been tougher than ever to out-guess the pros who set the lines each NFL week. Nonetheless, it was a great week for Patriots' fans...with the Ravens suffering their 4th loss of the year to RG III led Washington, and, of course, the Pats crushing the Texans, last Monday night. A win over the 49ers this week will all but assure a playoff bye for New England, no matter what happens with Denver, Baltimore, or Houston. So, is there any surprise that the "Game of the Week" is:

1.) (9-3-1) San Francisco 49ers (+5.5) @ (10-3) New England Patriots: Pats can't afford a let down with the physical 49ers coming to town. But, the fact that this game is of such significance for playoff seeding, and is yet another prime-timer (Sunday night), makes that unlikely. Make no mistake about it, these 49ers are a legitimate SB threat. Their defense makes them so. Like Houston, they have a star DE in Justin Smith. But, unlike Houston, there's far more defensive star power. The 49ers have the best set of LBs in the game, with OLBs Ahmad Brooks (6'3", 259lbs., and 6 sacks), and Aldon Smith (6'4", 258lbs, and 20 sacks). On the inside, there's 6'0" 242 lb. NaVorro Bowman, and 6'1", 240 tackling monster Patrick Willis. How well the Pats' OL handle the "Smith brothers"  and Brooks will likely decide this game. On offense, there's inexpeienced, yet mobile QB, Colin Kaepernick. The Pats must keep him contained in the pass pocket. On the ground, the 9ers plow ahead with RB Frank Gore, behind a physical, young OL. The receiver that bears watching is Gronk-type TE Vernon Davis. San Francisco also is strong on special teams, with dangerous punt returner Tedd Ginn, Jr.. WR Randy Moss returns to Foxborough, and would like nothing better than to shine against his former teammates. Though Houston prresented a challenge, the 49ers present even a greater challenge. It's imperative that the Pats do an adequate job of protecting Tom Brady, avoid turnovers, and, as they did against Houston, take an early lead. The 49ers are not a team you want to play from behind against. Are the Pats capable of two "A" games in a row? An "A" game is what they'll need to win this one: PICK: 49ers;

2.) (7-6) Cincinnati Bengals @ (4-9) Philadelphia Eagles (+4):  The Eagles snapped an 8 game losing streak with a last second road win at Tampa, last week. Meanwhile, the Bengals gagged away a game at home that they should have won, to the Cowboys. No telling who takes this one...but it's one that the Bengals must have. Philly players are playing for jobs next season: PICK: Bengals;

3.) (9-4) Green Bay Packers @ (8-5) Chicago Bears (+2.5):  Not enough of a spread to go with the bumbling Bears. GB can wrap up their division against these pandas, in Grizzly clothing: PICK: Packers; 

4.) (8-5) NY Giants (+1.5) @ (11-2) Atlanta Falcons:  Measuring stick game for the Falcons against the defending champs. The G-men will do to the Falcons what the Pats did to the Texans: PICK: Giants;

5.) (6-7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3) @ (5-8) New Orleans Saints:  Does it matter? Has RB Doug Martin hit the rookie wall in Tampa? Is Drew Brees still interested? This ones' a toss up: PICK: Buccaneers;

6.) (7-6) Minnesota Vikings (+3) @ (6-6-1) St. Louis Rams:  Rams have pulled out close ones in back to back weeks, against the 49ers and the Bills. Adrian Peterson is a one-man gang in Minnesota. Considering that his QB is the pathetic Christian Ponder, what Peterson has done is nothing short of amazing. Both teams striving to keep their flickering NFC playoff hopes alive: PICK: Rams;

7.) (7-6) Washington Redskins (+1) @ (5-8) Cleveland Browns:  Even if RG III is given clearance to play, the 'Skins would be wise not to risk further injury to his knee, and to sit him out. But, other than this past draft, it's rare that the word "wise" has been used in the same sentence with Redskins. Cleveland has won two in a row, and is buuilding their confidence. Still, you know that the long suffering Browns' fans are irrate that their team missed out on RG III: PICK: Redskins;

8.) (2-11) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7) @ (5-8) Miami Dolphins:   Late season games between have-nots like these are so difficult to call. Still, former Dolphins QB, Chad Henne, is now the Jags' starting QB. I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to show up his ex-team, on their home field: PICK: Jaguars;  

9.) (10-3) Denver Broncos @ (9-4) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5): To beat Denver, a team must apply some pressure to "The Horseface". With Terrell Suggs no where near 100%, the Buzzards have no one who can do that. Knowing that his "D" isn't anywhere near what it once was, one half of the hated Harbaugh brothers, John, fired his OC in desperation...and promoted former Colts' maniken, Jim Caldwell, to save the day!! Though Peyton is the Picasso of Choke Artists, I don't know if the Ravens can do enough to disrupt him. Still, the Buzzards are a much better team at home than on the road. They'll pull out all the stops. Watch for thug Bernard Pollard to be diving at the knees of Bronco players, trying to even the playing field. All hail the Horseface!: PICK: Broncos;

10.) (9-4) Indianapolis Colts (+8.5) @ (11-2) Houston Texans:  I like the Texans to win. But, an 8.5 point spread seems a tad high. Let's hope Andrew Luck can pull off one more miracle: PICK: Colts;

11.) (4-9) Carolina Panthers (+3) @ (5-8) San Diego Chargers:   Here comes the Norv Turner led Chargers, with yet another late season run, towards the friendly confines of mediocrity: PICK: Chargers;

12.) (8-5) Seattle Seahawks @ (5-8) Buffalo Bills (+5):  Seattle is a different team at home, than on the road. The Bills are far more consistent. They're awful no matter where they play: PICK: Seahawks;

13.) (4-9) Detroit Lions @ (4-9) Arizona Cardinals (+6): Hard to believe that the Patriots actually lost at home to these marked Cards. Were it not for that, how much better off would the Pats be today? Okay...I'll stop crying over spilt milk. But, gee wiz, these Cards were dismantled by the offensively challenged Seahawks last week, 58-0! Is there such a thing as the Cardinal Way? PICK: Lions;

14.) (7-6) Pittsburgh Steelers @ (7-6) Dallas Cowboys (+2):  After gutting out an inspiring win in Baltimore, the Steelers bounced back with a stink-bomb at home, against the Norv Turner led Chargers. Though the Cowboys pulled out a big win in Cincinnati last weekend, this is the type of game that they specialize in failing to show up for. There is such a thing as the Steeler Way: PICK: Steelers;

15.) (2-11) Kansas City Chiefs (+3) @ (3-10) Oakland Raiders: Huge game for both teams. Currently, the Chiefs are tied with Jacksonville for the league's worst record, which would earn them the top overall pick in the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. But, with a loss this week, the Raiders can move into contention for the same honor. Hard to believe that at one time, these teams had the most heated rivalry in the NFL. Which team will gag this one away? Will Raiders' star PK, Sebastien Janokowski, come down with a mysterious illness? Will the Chiefs play Payton Hillis at QB? Will the crowd of crazies in the "Black Hole" section be outwardly rooting for the Chiefs?: PICK: None of The Above;

16.) (6-7) NY Jets (+1.5) @ (4-9) Tennessee Titans:  Wow! I bet the league is thrilled to have this "classic" as it's prime time Monday Night game. I guess many football fans will be switching to Monday Night Raw, to see John Cena take on the dreaded "justice" group, known as "The Shield"...or to see what kind of mischief Vicki Guerrero can stir up, subsequent to her excusing herself to the learned fans. Will the "Celtic Warrior" Shameus violate his contract by attacking the "Big Show", or lose it with C. M. Punk? Can y'all smell what ol' TexasPat is cookin"?: PICK: Jets;

Best Bets: Packers, Giants, Jaguars, Chargers, Steelers.

As always, your comments, opinions, and predictions aare welcome...especially concerning tthe Pats' game.

[/QUOTE]

Love your Giants pick TP...Falcons are very good and do have talent on O and it's in the dome-dunno if Jints are gonna go off on them like Pats did to Texans but your lips to...

I'll just take a win and on to Baltimore in Baltimore-another tough one

[/QUOTE]

The Giants will crush the phony Falcons. You can take that to the bank!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

As usual enjoy your picks thread TP- but will have to disagree on the 2 big games - I see the Pats winning, knowing it's probably for a BYE and I see Ravens as winning at home where they've only lost once in the last 16 or so games-also a loss would give Ravens 3 in a row and seriously jeopadize their playoff hopes-I think they circle the wagons-ala- Pittsburgh 2 weeks ago---JMO?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As usual enjoy your picks thread TP- but will have to disagree on the 2 big games - I see the Pats winning, knowing it's probably for a BYE and I see Ravens as winning at home where they've only lost once in the last 16 or so games-also a loss would give Ravens 3 in a row and seriously jeopadize their playoff hopes-I think they circle the wagons-ala- Pittsburgh 2 weeks ago---JMO?

[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, Jimmy...on both counts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Two weeks ago the Rams beat the Niners and held them to 13 points (16-13). Earlier in the season they tied them (24-24) in SF. It mystifies me, why with the offense full-throttle and the defense playing much better, anyone would pick SF. Screw the points---this is the "December Patriots" playing at home. Patriots romp 30-13.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What scares me about the Pats game is it could easily come down to FG. Akers is real good. 49's are uncanny on how they take the points and move on. This is by far the Pats toughest Opponent all year. 

RESPONSE: Agreed. I don't trust Gostkowski. With him, every FG try is an adventure.

We'll see if its Old School, that Defense Wins Championships, or the new NFL Pass Happy League. What a Great Game, again.

RESPONSE: With all due respect to the Pats' offense, the "D" coming up big last Monday night is what caused the game to turn into a rout. This weekend, Vince and the Boys need to shut down RB Frank Gore, contain QB Colin Kaepernick in the pass pocket, and force a turnover or two. These things will give the offense short fields to negotiate against the rugged 49ers' "D".  

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Hey Tex when was the last time you picked the Pats to win a game?  Oh that's right Never.  The Pats have the Number 1 Offense in Football and an improving D.  On the other hand the 9er's are just getting by with Kaepadink and squeeking out games.  This is going to be a low scoring game for the Pats because of the 9er's D so I see it 27-10 Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to trouts's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two weeks ago the Rams beat the Niners and held them to 13 points (16-13). Earlier in the season they tied them (24-24) in SF. It mystifies me, why with the offense full-throttle and the defense playing much better, anyone would pick SF. Screw the points---this is the "December Patriots" playing at home. Patriots romp 30-13.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, my friend. Why would I pick SF? Because it's difficult for any team to post back to back "A" games. As bobbysu stated above, these 49ers are the toughest, most physical team that the Pats have faced this season. It remains to be seem whether the Pats can run against San Francisco's front seven, and whether the Pats' OL can keep the "Smith Brothers", Aldon and Justin, off of the Terrific One. It also remains to be seen whether the Pats can shut down the 49er ground gain, and keep Colin Kaepernick contained in the pass pocket.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Tex when was the last time you picked the Pats to win a game?  Oh that's right Never.  The Pats have the Number 1 Offense in Football and an improving D.  On the other hand the 9er's are just getting by with Kaepadink and squeeking out games.  This is going to be a low scoring game for the Pats because of the 9er's D so I see it 27-10 Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Oh please! You're stating to sound like the so-called "Mighty Pats Fan", the Grand Poo-bah of the Ostrich Society. Besides, with the success I've had picking games against the spread of late, you should be glad that I picked the 49ers to win...LOL!!

Hope your 49ers game prediction is spot on, my friend!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here are the NFL.com predictions, which list the Patriots winning a tight game over the 49ers: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110671/article/week-15-predictions-patriots-nip-49ers-browns-upend-redskins

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh please! You're stating to sound like the so-called "Mighty Pats Fan", the Grand Poo-bah of the Ostrich Society. Besides, with the success I've had picking games against the spread of late, you should be glad that I picked the 49ers to win...LOL!!

Hope your 49ers game prediction is spot on, my friend!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see your last weeks picks how'd you pick the Pats game?  I predicted a 42-17 score and it was pretty close.  Although if TB had stayed in it would have been 42-7.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I don't get why this Dallas Cowboys fan keeps posting on a New England Patriots forum, but he sure doesn't understand how the Pats fair against the spread:

New England is 109-69-6 against the spread since 2001, producing a net of 40 winning bets that Zang writes is once again nearly three standard statistical deviations from the rest of the league 

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/book_stats_say_pats_antics_haven_8MfYgveHFfSZ66NC0wGQhN/1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get why this Dallas Cowboys fan keeps posting on a New England Patriots forum, but he sure doesn't understand how the Pats fair against the spread:

New England is 109-69-6 against the spread since 2001, producing a net of 40 winning bets that Zang writes is once again nearly three standard statistical deviations from the rest of the league 

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/book_stats_say_pats_antics_haven_8MfYgveHFfSZ66NC0wGQhN/1

[/QUOTE]
    What's the spread this week?  If it's not 20 I'd take the pats...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welcome, oh Grand Poo-bah! LOL!!!  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts