WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week":
    Finally Sense prevailed and you picked the Pats.... But why did u pick the Pathers & Loins ????
    Posted by PAT-from-India

-

You bowed to the pressure, Man.  I'm so disappointed in you. 

Still, I understand, I never pick against the Pat's either.

14.) New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (+1): Huge divisional game on Monday night. The Patriots haven't beaten a good team on the road since 2007. The Dolphins can ill afford to lose back to back divisional games on their home field, to their chief divisional rivals. The Patriots' defense has been awful thus far. Who will cover 6'5" WR Brandon Marshall? Will the Patriots be able to stop the run? Their "D" has been so bad, that it practically forces their Brady led offense to score on every possession. They must play well on both sides of the ball in the red zone, and keep keep Miami OLB Cameron Wake off Brady's back. If they lose this game, expect a carbon copy of the 2009 season, at best. My head says Miami wins, but my heart says:
    PICK: Patriots. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

1.) Baltimore Ravens (+1.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: PICK: Ravens;

2.) Denver Broncos (+6.5) @ Tennessee Titans: PICK: Titans;

3.) Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns (+3): PICK: Bengals;

4.) Detroit Lions (+14.5) @ Green Bay Packers: PICK: Packers;

5.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: PICK: Saints;

6.) San Francisco 49ers (+7) @ Atlanta Falcons: PICK: Falcons;

7.) Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams (+1): PICK: Seahawks;

8.) New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (+5.5): PICK: Bills;

9.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+8.5): PICK: Colts;

10.) Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders (+3): PICK: Texans; 

11.) Arizona Cardinals (+8) @ San Diego Chargers:
    PICK: Chargers;

12.) Washington Redskins (+6) @ Philadelphia Eagles: PICK: Redskins;

13.) Chicago Bears (+4) @ New York Giants: PICK: Giants;

14.) New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (+1): PICK: Patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I see a real shootout in Miami for the Pats.  But the Pats should prevail with their new weapons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Finally Sense prevailed and you picked the Pats.... But why did u pick the Pathers & Loins ????
    Posted by PAT-from-India

Panthers are 13.5 point 'dogs, and the Lions have been given 14.5 points. I'm taking them, plus the points.

As for your comment that "sense prevailed" because I took the Pats to win, that's wrong. My heart prevailed over "sense".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : - You bowed to the pressure, Man.  I'm so disappointed in you.  Still, I understand, I never pick against the Pat's either. 14.) New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (+1): Huge divisional game on Monday night. The Patriots haven't beaten a good team on the road since 2007. The Dolphins can ill afford to lose back to back divisional games on their home field, to their chief divisional rivals. The Patriots' defense has been awful thus far. Who will cover 6'5" WR Brandon Marshall? Will the Patriots be able to stop the run? Their "D" has been so bad, that it practically forces their Brady led offense to score on every possession. They must play well on both sides of the ball in the red zone, and keep keep Miami OLB Cameron Wake off Brady's back. If they lose this game, expect a carbon copy of the 2009 season, at best. My head says Miami wins, but my heart says: PICK: Patriots. 
    Posted by RajonRondowski

It's not "bowing to the pressure"...it's bowing to my heart. Though I try to be as objective as I can, I really want to see the Pats do well.

I don't believe that the Patriots are a legitimate SB contender this year. But, the Miami Dolphins are not an elite team either, and are beatable. Even though the Pats have a ton of holes on defense, and have a mediocre at best running game, they still have Brady, and they still have BB. I have to believe that BB will come up with something.

If the Pats are to go anywhere this season, they must win their division...and to win their division, they must win this game.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For week 4, all-numeric power ratings, rankings, game of the week.

1     gb     13.0     (last wk. 1)

2     pit     12.1     (last wk. 11)

3     phi     11.7     (last wk. 8)

4     ne     11.6     (last wk. 3)

5     no     11.5     (last wk. 2)

6     ind     11.4     (last wk. 4)

7     bal     11.2     (last wk. 5)

8     nyj     11.2     (last wk. 6)

9     atl     10.9     (last wk. 10)

10     sd     9.9     (last wk. 7)

11     min     9.5     (last wk. 12)

12     dal     9.3     (last wk. 18)

13     kc     9.2     (last wk. 15)

14     ten     9.2     (last wk. 19)

15     cin     8.7     (last wk. 17)

16     chi     8.4     (last wk. 20)

17     mia     8.2     (last wk. 13)

18     hou     8.1     (last wk. 9)

19     den     7.7     (last wk. 14)

20     cle     7.4     (last wk. 21)

21     buf     6.4     (last wk. 24)

22     tb     5.8     (last wk. 16)

23     was     5.6     (last wk. 22)

24     sea     5.4     (last wk. 29)

25     sf     5.4     (last wk. 23)

26     az     5.1     (last wk. 27)

27     stl     5.0     (last wk. 30)

28     car     4.2     (last wk. 25)

29     nyg     4.1     (last wk. 26)

30     oak     3.7     (last wk. 31)

31     jac     2.8     (last wk. 28)

32     det     2.6     (last wk. 32)

Point spreads

Visitor/Home/PaulK’s Spread/Betting Public’s Spread/Difference

bal     pit     4.4     1.5     2.9

nyj     buf     -4.1     -5     0.9

sea     stl     2.3     -1     3.3

sf     atl     11.2     7     4.2

det     gb     18.5     14.5     4.0

cin     cle     1.1     -3     4.1

den     ten     5.2     6.5     -1.3

car     no     13.9     14     -0.1

hou     oak     -3.5     -3     -0.5

ind     jac     -9.9     -8     -1.9

az     sd     10.2     8.5     1.7

was     phi     12.1     6.5     5.6

chi     nyg     -3.4     3.5     -6.9

ne     mia     -2.1     -0.5     -1.6

Game of the week

chi     nyg     -3.4     3.5     -6.9

Chicago just beat the Green Bay Packers, the Packers just walloped the Giants, and Chicago is the underdog.  It’s possible that Chicago is playing a trap game on short notice, but we’ll see.  I don’t respect the Giants right now.

Minor calls -- don’t take these calls seriously, see notes below.

sf     atl     11.2     7     4.2

cin     cle     1.1     -3     4.1

was     phi     12.1     6.5     5.6

I missed Green Bay over Detroit, above.  The numbers say that Detroit is just too awful.  I don't like 14 point overdogs in general, but I do like Green Bay bouncing back against a division "rival" after a smackdown.

Last week’s record:

Game of the week, KC all over SF.  Woo Hoo!

Dallas over Houston.  Nope!

St. Louis v. Washington:  My numbers said Washington was 4.1 points better than the spread.  My heart assumed that St. Louis was going to pull it out, so I didn’t read my own numbers.  So, Washington went down the tubes.  Double bogey for slicing one into the alligator pond.  Worse things than losing can happen. 

Denver covering versus Indy: Nope!

I’m really impressed by my three week record.  Not only can’t I break 50%, but I’m so far below 50% that my calls have turned into contraindicators.  At this point I only want to see if the contraindicator trend continues.  If I can identify something about the numbers that attracts bad bettors, while the smarter money moves in a different direction, then I will have isolated a good indicator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hard to argue with many of these picks, but I'll go against you and take New Orleans and give the points.  I thought coming into the season that KC and Carolina were dark horse contenders.  KC looks good, Carolina not so much.  Divisional game and you'd think one of these days Carolina would be able to get their running game going, but I think they fall behind early here and then have to play catch up with Jimmy Clausen.  Not a good thing.

Also, I like Philly giving the points at home vs. the Skins.  Strange to say, but the Vick led Eagles look like the best offense in football right now, and I don't think McNabb can keep up.  Could be a shootout, but I'm betting on a blowout.

Lastly, I'll take the points and go with Chicago.  I just don't see how the Giants are favored over anybody right now, and Chicago's defense looks almost like it did a few years ago when they went to the SB. 

I won't pick Miami, but history would indicate that they're a pretty good home dog to pick in this spot.  Let's just say if the Pats have a 10 point lead with six or seven minutes left, I'll be uneasy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Brandon is tall, but he is only 6'3", not 6'5,

RESPONSE: We're both wrong...he's 6'4" and 3/8": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall

and I will say a combo of McCourty and Meriweather will cover Marshall,

RESPONSE: Marshall is big trouble, no matter who covers him. But, the Pats did a relatively good job against him last year, in the game they lost at Denver, in OT 20-17. The Pats held him to 8 receptions for 64 yards in that game. But, the Pats had Leigh Bodden for that game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291011007  

allowing Chung to be in the box, and have Sanders overseeing the operations....I think a lot of 3 safety looks, until they get Bess on the field, but even then, dont know if they are ready to play Butler yet, but frankly we need him, we cant go into to games, with one rookie CB, Wilhite and a special teamer...then you playing the big nickel in passing situations and unless #31 is playing the slot, its not ideal....Page cant cover slot guys, neither can Sanders and Chung is needed in run suppport...

RESPONSE: The 'Fins will present a formidable challenge.
    Posted by patsfan76

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't believe that the Patriots are a legitimate SB contender this year. But, the Miami Dolphins are not an elite team either, and are beatable.

If the Pats are to go anywhere this season, they must win their division...and to win their division, they must win this game.    
    Posted by TexasPat3

The Pats are a legitimate Super Bowl contender simply because they're loaded to the gills with young talent.  They've been playing against really good teams.  Cincinnati went off and beat Baltimore.  The Jets are good.   Buffalo is underrated -- they're about a 6-10 team. 

The Dolphins are an 8-8 team, normally with a better-than normal home field advantage (pure heat!) which is partly blunted by playing the game on Monday night, maybe 80 degrees at game time but no sun on the field, and partly blunted by the Patriots practicing in record summer heat and having one away practice in Atlanta.  I expect the defense to be imperceptably better this week than last week, gradually building into a top ten but not a top five defense by January.  That's all Brady and friends need from a defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Paul -

Maybe you are having such a poor showing this year because your system does things like place winless teams above 2 win teams. 

And no team is a legitimate superbowl contender specifically because of youth.  In fact, youth "loaded to the gills" would be a impediment to contention in my book. 

Finally - did your system take into account that the 8-8 team won by 5 vs. the underrated 6-10 team while the superbowl contenders only won by 8 at home vs. the underrated 6-10 team. 

I think your system isn't working because their to much fan bias mixed in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I think Baltimore beats Pitt by 10.  That Cleveland game last week is a classic 'trap game'.  2 tough games to start the season and Pitt in week 4, Baltimore just wants to get the Cleveland game over with. 

I think Houston covers against Oakland but this has the potential to be a surpisingly exciting game. 

Giants/Bears is a tough one.  The Bears aren't as good as their record, probably should be 1-2 but the Gmen look like they might be a mess on defense again.  Sidenote on the Bradshaw chop-block you mentioned, talk about a season changing call.  Eli completes a 50 yard pass out of his own endzone but instead of having all the momentum in a 10-10 game in the 3rd quarter, you give up a Safety on a tough call.  Luckily the Giants aren't any good and won't be going anywhere this season anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

1.) Baltimore Ravens (+1.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: PICK: Ravens;

2.) Denver Broncos (+6.5) @ Tennessee Titans: PICK: Titans;

3.) Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns (+3): PICK: Bengals;

4.) Detroit Lions (+14.5) @ Green Bay Packers: PICK: Packers;

5.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: PICK: Saints;

6.) San Francisco 49ers (+7) @ Atlanta Falcons: PICK: Falcons;

7.) Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams (+1): PICK: Rams;

8.) New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (+5.5): PICK: Bills;

9.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+8.5): PICK: Jaguars;

10.) Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders (+3): PICK: Texans; 

11.) Arizona Cardinals (+8) @ San Diego Chargers:
    PICK: Cardinals;

12.) Washington Redskins (+6) @ Philadelphia Eagles: PICK: eagles;

13.) Chicago Bears (+4) @ New York Giants: PICK: Bears;

14.) New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (+1): PICK: Patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Finally Sense prevailed and you picked the Pats....
    Posted by PAT-from-India

He may as well pick the Patriots, it's not like he is losing any money over it LOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week":
         Trying to bounce back from a horrible week of picks. If the record on my picks last week were an NFL teams' season record, that team would own a top 12 pick in the upcoming draft. Brutal!! The only thing that salvaged my week was that I was 3-1 in my "Best Bets" pick means that if I were to place the farm on any games...it would be these. But...again...I encourage no one to bet on games. It takes away the pure joy of watching football. That said, here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Baltimore Ravens (+1.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Huge divisional battle which will likely have a great impact on who wins this division. The Steelers are a surprising 3-0, while the Ravens are 2-1. No team is currently playing better defense than the Goths. The team has rallied over the Roethlisberger suspension in a similar fashion as the Patriots rallied around each other after "spygate". The Ravens barely got by the Cleveland Browns at home last week...and star RB Ray Rice's knee is dinged up. In what should be a low scoring game,... PICK: Steelers; 2.) Denver Broncos (+6.5) @ Tennessee Titans:  The Titans appear to be too physical for the M.A.S.H. unit that is the Denver Broncos. Titans' RB Chris Johnson is due for a monster game: PICK: Titans; 3.) Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns (+3): So long as the Bengals contain Cleveland's only weapon, Josh Cribbs, they should win this game by more than 3 points: PICK: Bengals; 4.) Detroit Lions (+14.5) @ Green Bay Packers: The Packers are undoubtedly still scratching their heads, wondering how they let that game against the Bears last Monday nights get away from them. They'll likely take it out on the Lions. But, 14.5 points is too many to pass up: PICK: Lions; 5.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: Last years' playoff hero, Saints' PK Garrett Hartley, missed a 29 yard chip shot, which cost his team the Atlanta game. It may also cost Hartley his job. Though Carolina has big time QB problems, they still possesses a solid running game, and a decent defense. As was the case with the Lions above, I like the points: PICK: Panthers; 6.) San Francisco 49ers (+7) @ Atlanta Falcons: The 49ers are, surprisingly, a mess. The modest hope that the one time #1 overall pick in the 2005 draft, QB Alex Smith, would at least be able to competently manage games for them, now appears to be a pipe dream. Meanwhile, no QB is currently playing better than Atlanta's Matt Ryan: PICK: Falcons; 7.) Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams (+1): The 'Hawks are coming off a big win over the Chargers, 27-20, in Seattle. But, when you consider that the Chargers rolled up 518 yards of total offense against the young Seahawk defensive unit, and that 14 of their 27 points came as a result of two Leon Washington 90-plus yards kick-off return TDs, the win does not seem quite so impressive. Meanwhile, the Rams beat the Redskins last week, and should have beaten the Raiders the week before. Rookie QB Sam Bradford looks like the real deal. But, star RB Steven Jackson is out indefinitely with a groin injury.  PICK: Rams; 8.) New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (+5.5): Jets QB Mark Sanchez has silenced his critics with back to back splendid performances against the Patriots and Dolphins. They appear to have too many weapons for the Bills, on both sides of the ball: PICK: Jets; 9.) Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+8.5): This is a game that the Jags must have, if they are to salvage anything from this season. Their QB, David Gerrard, has been awful this year. In fact, things have gotten so bad for the Jaguars at QB that they picked up Trent Edwards, who was released only a day or two ago by Buffalo. With their QB problems, I can't see them keeping up with the "Manning Machine": PICK: Colts; 10.) Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders (+3):  The Dallas Cowboys indirectly did the Patriots a favor by blasting the Texans last week. Being on the receiving end of such a physical thumping should ensure that the Texans will be chomping at the bit to play Oakland. Still, star Texans WR Andre Johnson is dinged up (ankle), and the Texans' best offensive lineman, LT Duane Brown, has been suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Meanwhile, the Raiders can't be feeling too good about themselves after blowing one to the Cardinals, 16-14...as a result of normally dependable PK Sebastien Janokowski missing a 32 yard FG in the final seconds. But, the Raiders have upgraded at QB by replacing Jason Campbell with Bruce Gradkowski: PICK: Raiders;  11.) Arizona Cardinals (+8) @ San Diego Chargers: The Chargers have to be furious with themselves after blowing last weeks' game in Seattle.  PICK: Chargers; 12.) Washington Redskins (+6) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Donovan comes home! It will be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets in the City of Brotherly Love. The best thing that happened to the Eagles this season may be Kevin Kolb getting dinged...which opened the door for Michael Vick. Like him or not, Vick has provided a spark to what had been a very staid offense...and a very mediocre football team. But, I have to believe that McNabb's new teammates won't allow their boy to get dissed in Philly: PICK: Redskins; 13.) Chicago Bears (+4) @ New York Giants: Horrid red zone play, and a  questionable chop block call in the end zone...which led to a 9 point swing, cost the Giants dearly last week. Meanwhile, somehow, some way, the Bears keep getting it done. This is a must win game for the Giants: PICK: Giants; 14.) New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (+1): Huge divisional game on Monday night. The Patriots haven't beaten a good team on the road since 2007. The Dolphins can ill afford to lose back to back divisional games on their home field, to their chief divisional rivals. The Patriots' defense has been awful thus far. Who will cover 6'5" WR Brandon Marshall? Will the Patriots be able to stop the run? Their "D" has been so bad, that it practically forces their Brady led offense to score on every possession. They must play well on both sides of the ball in the red zone, and keep keep Miami OLB Cameron Wake off Brady's back. If they lose this game, expect a carbon copy of the 2009 season, at best. My head says Miami wins, but my heart says: PICK: Patriots.       Best Bets: Chargers, Jets, Falcons, Bengals.              
    Posted by TexasPat3
    Tough year to pick so far. i just don't see the Raiders, Beating Houston or coming close to covering +3. Idon't trust the Chargers at all this year yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Paul - Maybe you are having such a poor showing this year because your system does things like place winless teams above 2 win teams.  And no team is a legitimate superbowl contender specifically because of youth.  In fact, youth "loaded to the gills" would be a impediment to contention in my book. 

Finally - did your system take into account that the 8-8 team won by 5 vs. the underrated 6-10 team while the superbowl contenders only won by 8 at home vs. the underrated 6-10 team. 

I think your system isn't working because their to much fan bias mixed in.
    Posted by Indylove

At this point New England is ranked at 11.6 victories out of 16 and Indy is ranked at 11.4 victories out of 16.  They're pretty equal by the numbers.  Question is, which way are they going in the next 3 months?  Indy has a bunch of grandpas leading the team and New England has a bunch of kids.  From my experience, the kids get better and the grandpas tend to get injured more frequently.  

Winning by 8 versus a 6-10 team did drag the Patriots down, but just a bit.  The Jets loss dragged them down much more.  It was their speedy crushing of trendy pick Cincinnati (#3 according to Fox Sports in week one, but Fox Sports is full of bozos) who then went on to beat Baltimore and dominate Carolina, that should scare people. 

Finally, you think that numbers are full of fan bias.  I'll give you a number, then.  number 12.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : At this point New England is ranked at 11.6 victories out of 16 and Indy is ranked at 11.4 victories out of 16.  They're pretty equal by the numbers.  Question is, which way are they going in the next 3 months?  Indy has a bunch of grandpas leading the team and New England has a bunch of kids.  From my experience, the kids get better and the grandpas tend to get injured more frequently.   Winning by 8 versus a 6-10 team did drag the Patriots down, but just a bit.  The Jets loss dragged them down much more.  It was their speedy crushing of trendy pick Cincinnati (#3 according to Fox Sports in week one, but Fox Sports is full of bozos) who then went on to beat Baltimore and dominate Carolina, that should scare people.  Finally, you think that numbers are full of fan bias.  I'll give you a number, then.  number 12.
    Posted by Paul_K

The Patriots are a serious superbowl contender with all that young talent? Are YOU serious? We all know you hate Miami but you can't be that lacking in the brain department. If Miami went 8-0 to start he season you would say they are an 8-8 team. Miami has it's problems but they are a contender. The Patriots defense to this point has been horrendous. Yes they do have Tom Brady but just like they showed against the Jets if they don't fix that defense and fast they won't make the playoffs. Brady is obviously a great Qb and a HOFamer but his margin of error will diminish each week if you can't run the ball or stop anybody.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" :  Miami has it's problems but they are a contender.
    Posted by perfect72

My numbers don't care what Miami's problems are, nor do they care whether people think Indy, New England or Miami might be a contender.  Miami dropped to an 8.2 rating because they gave up 7 more points with just under 2 minutes remaining, and then they needed 8 points fast.  New York then played prevent versus 8 points.  Miami sitting on the Jets' 11 yard line was kind of close, but it's pretty hard pushing that last 10 yards when the field is so short so Miami was still a ways off from step 1 toward victory.  Step 2 woulda shoulda been the 2 point conversion which is not guaranteed.  Step 3 woulda shoulda been overtime. 

I don't count any woulda shouldas.  I count losing in front of the home crowd by 8 points. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : My numbers don't care what Miami's problems are, nor do they care whether people think Indy, New England or Miami might be a contender.  Miami dropped to an 8.2 rating because they gave up 7 more points with just under 2 minutes remaining, and then they needed 8 points fast.  New York then played prevent versus 8 points.  Miami sitting on the Jets' 11 yard line was kind of close, but it's pretty hard pushing that last 10 yards when the field is so short so Miami was still a ways off from step 1 toward victory.  Step 2 woulda shoulda been the 2 point conversion which is not guaranteed.  Step 3 woulda shoulda been overtime.  I don't count any woulda shouldas.  I count losing in front of the home crowd by 8 points. 
    Posted by Paul_K

So what's your excuse for the Pats getting throttled by the Jets in the second half? Or giving up 30 to the Bills at home? I'd like to hear your woulda,coulda, shoulda for that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : At this point New England is ranked at 11.6 victories out of 16 and Indy is ranked at 11.4 victories out of 16.  They're pretty equal by the numbers.  Question is, which way are they going in the next 3 months?  Indy has a bunch of grandpas leading the team and New England has a bunch of kids.  From my experience, the kids get better and the grandpas tend to get injured more frequently. Posted by Paul_K

If you can't even get these numbers right, why should we considered any of your others?

NFL age averages minus specialists

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/19677/age-rankings-for-every-nfl-team

6 New England Patriots 26.64
    30 Indianapolis Colts 25.14

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: WEEK 4 NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week" : If you can't even get these numbers right, why should we considered any of your others? NFL age averages minus specialists http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/19677/age-rankings-for-every-nfl-team 6 New England Patriots 26.64 30 Indianapolis Colts 25.14
    Posted by sml1210

This straight average from the special teamers to the punter doesn't factor who is key to the team.  Patriots regularly bring in mentor players way over 30 who can sort of play but they aren't the team's future.  I look at the rookies and the second years, and then guesstimate how much playing time they're going to have after about 3 months have passed.  I see half the starting team as fresh-faced, especially at linebacker, defensive backfield, tight end, wide receiver and punter, but with only a couple of new linemen. 

If Indy is pulling along a huge number of bench-warming developing better-than-nothing young UFA or late-round JAGs, so what?  They're only for emergencies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

I think Baltimore beats Pitt by 10...  
    Posted by Calmy

LOL on that. 

Have you actually watched the Steelers defense so far? Baltimore won't even score 10 points on them. Joe Flacco will become Joe multiple-Sacko by the time the Chess Master LeBeau is done toying with him.

Doesn't help the cause with Rice being bruised up, and questionable to even play.

Not only do the Steelers have the Defense from Hell, but their running game is vastly improved, and they added to their already potent receiving corps.

I like the Steelers in this game -- by a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Going with the Ravens, TP. Batch will have a bad day against Stabby Ray Ray and Co.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Cheat. Show Pats-Cheat's posts

To All Patriot Fans:

Since the Pats were caught cheating they have not won anything.

It proves the point that the 3 superbowls they stole by 3 points are as tainted as Barry Bond's homerun record. The odd's makers give the home team a 3 point advantage, how much would you give a team who knows your defensive play calls.

Tom Brady is a just above average QB who knew if there were a blitz, which way it was coming from and if a Defensive Back was coming. The QB position is alot harder when you have to earn it. He had 50 TD's the last year they cheated and it was the last year The Cheatriots dominated the East. Sounds alot like Barry Bond doesn't it?

In a real football purist eyes the Cheatriots have no true Suberbowl Wins

Sections
Shortcuts