Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

After four straight "team" wins in a row, confidence in the 2010 Patriots is riding high...and justifiably so! The defense appears to be improving with the passage of each week...particularly in the red zone. But, beware! This week, the Patriots have a classic "trap game" in Cleveland against Eric Mangini's Browns. After four big wins in a row, it would be a shame to drop this one. 

Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) Miami Dolphins (+5.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: Mel Gibson has nothing on the Dolphins as road warriors. Miami is 4-0 on the road, but 0-3 at home. They are a solid, well coached team. The Ravens seem to have been reading too many of their own press clippings of late, having barely hung on to defeat winless Buffalo at home, two weeks ago. Coming off their bye week, they should be fresh, and ready to go. Nonetheless:
    PICK: Dolphins;

2.) Chicago Bears @ Buffalo Bills (+3): After two near misses in OT on the road, the Bills appear to be due:
    PICK: Bills;

3.) San Diego Chargers @ Houston Texans (+1): The enigma that is the San Diego Chargers continues. After a big win over the tough Tennessee Titans at home, another victory here could be just the thing necessary to finally right their ship. The Texans showed that they are still not ready for prime time, after getting trounced on Monday night football by the Colts. But, the Texans are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get from them:
    PICK: Chargers;

4.) New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (+7): Classic trap game for the Saints after a huge Sunday night win over the Goths. The Panthers returned to their losing ways in St. Louis. If they thought Sam Bradford was tough, they'll love Drew Brees:
    PICK: Saints;

5.) Arizona Cardinals (+9) @ Minnesota Vikings: I can't see the Vikings rallying behind Brad Childress. After the Randy Moss fiasco, this appears to be a team ready for a free fall:
    PICK: Cardinals;

6.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+8.5) @ Atlanta Falcons: Believe it or not, both teams are 5-2...and will be battling for supremacy in the NFC South. The Falcons may be the best team in the NFC. Tampa continues to amaze with their young QB, Josh Freeman. The Falcons will be well rested, coming off their bye week:
    PICK: Falcons;

7.) New York Jets @ Detroit Lions (+4): Can't see the Jets' offense stinking it up for two weeks in a row. For all the good things the Lions have done this season, they still can't run the ball, and can't stop the run. Look for the Jets' defense to tee off against one dimensional Detroit:
    PICK: Jets;

8.) New England Patriots @ Cleveland Browns (+5.5): The 2-5 Browns have played every opponent, save the Steelers, tough...and in that Steeler game, injuries at QB forced the Browns to start rookie QB, Colt McCoy. The Pats will be facing a Cleveland team that's on a roll, after they manhandled the tough Saints in New Orleans. The Browns have had two weeks to prepare for this game...and you know that Eric Mangini likes nothing better than to stick it to his ex-boss. Seneca Wallace should be ready to go in this one. This likely means that the Pats must have someone act as a "spy", in order to contain the elusive Wallace in the pass pocket. The Browns special teams are indeed special, as they feature the explosive Joshua Cribbs on returns. The Pats had best not take their hosts lightly:
    PICK: Patriots;

9.) New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks (+5.5): 
    Though the 'Hawks are a much tougher team at home than on the road, the Giants appear to be on a roll:
    PICK: Giants;

10.) Kansas City Chiefs (+2.5) @ Oakland Raiders: The Raiders are coming off back to back blow out wins at Denver, and at home, against Seattle. The Chiefs barely beat the Bills in OT last week. This is a huge game for Pats' fans, from the standpoint of whether the #1 pick the Pats own from the Raiders will be a top ten variety, or not. A Raiders win makes them serious contenders fior the AFC West crown. GO CHIEFS!!!!
    PICK: Raiders;

11.) Indianapolis Colts (+1) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Don't have much faith in Philly, no matter who starts for them at QB:
    PICK: Colts;

12.) Dallas Cowboys (+8) @ Green Bay Packers: Yeah...Jon Kitna threw for over 400 yards last week against Jacksonville. But, much of those yards were gained during garbage time...and Kitna threw four (4) picks. Can't see the Pack handing back their great effort in New York last week, with a lacklustre effort this week:
    PICK: Packers;

13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5): Monday night game...so you know that TO and the Bengals will put their best foot forward. The Steelers were lucky to beat Miami two weeks ago, and were beaten by the Saints in prime time last week. Cincinnati always seems to play the Goths tough. But...
    PICK: Steelers.

BEST BETS: Colts, Raiders, Giants, Jets.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Sorry Tex,

I gotta take the Ravens and the Texans at home.  Chargers are just too dumb, and let's not get carried away with the Phins beating the bungles.  Ravens are still a tough team too beat at home.

And My upset special is:

Detriot over the Jets!  Sanchez is a fraud and Detriot can score!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

But, beware! This week, the Patriots have a classic "trap game" in Cleveland against Eric Mangini's Browns. After four big wins in a row, it would be a shame to drop this one.
    ---------------------------

Oh no, you've uttered those dreaded words (trap game) that will surely earn you a dress-down by the resident know-it-all.

waiting...............waiting.............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't know about a "trap game".  The Pats just have too much to work on as a team.  To look past the Browns would seem very arrogant for a young team that hasn't had any recognition with the exception of a "well coached team" from time to time. 

You're right about the Browns being trouble for teams.  They don't go down easy.  Any team who looks past the Browns will be in trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    But, beware! This week, the Patriots have a classic "trap game" in Cleveland against Eric Mangini's Browns. After four big wins in a row, it would be a shame to drop this one. --------------------------- Oh no, you've uttered those dreaded words (trap game) that will surely earn you a dress-down by the resident know-it-all. waiting...............waiting.............
    Posted by RipFace

If BB is woriied about the team not taking the Browns seriously he just has to show them the highlights of the Browns/Saints game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : If BB is woriied about the team not taking the Browns seriously he just has to show them the highlights of the Browns/Saints game.
    Posted by Evil2010
    ..I'm sure he is not and he will not let the team look past them. Any given Sunday.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I have the Chargers and the Colts with the points for the first two wheels on a three team parlay, and a two team parlay meant to hedge the three team.

Who's my third team Tex? The Giants and Jets lines are too high for me...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

But, beware! This week, the Patriots have a classic "trap game" in Cleveland against Eric Mangini's Browns. After four big wins in a row, it would be a shame to drop this one. --------------------------- Oh no, you've uttered those dreaded words (trap game) that will surely earn you a dress-down by the resident know-it-all. waiting...............waiting.............
    Posted by RipFace

And this does not show your insecurity?  My good god. Could it be any clearer?

Seek help, drippy.  There is still time for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : And this does not show your insecurity?  My good god. Could it be any clearer? Seek help, drippy.  There is still time for you.
    Posted by BBReigns
    .........there seems to be a mosquito in the room because there's this annoying buzzing sound. Oh wait, its' IBendOverForBillBellichick commenting again. How many times in the past week have you spoken down to people here when they say a game is a "trap" game? And what did I say that was not true? Get over yourself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

1.) Miami Dolphins (+5.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: The Dolphins road streak ends PICK: Ravens;

2.) Chicago Bears @ Buffalo Bills (+3): KC lucked out as the Bills got hosed at the end of regulation on some calls. The Bills D played good.  PICK: Bills;

3.) San Diego Chargers @ Houston Texans (+1): From what I saw from these 2 teams this week, the Bolts win as SD scores over 30 against a suspect  defense. Kubiak will lose his job after this year along with counterpart Wade in big D. PICK: Chargers;

4.) New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (+7): Saints defense is back PICK: Saints;

5.) Arizona Cardinals (+9) @ Minnesota Vikings: 9 points is too many PICK: Cardinals;

6.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+8.5) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are the 8th best team in the NFL and the best in the NFC PICK: Falcons;

7.) New York Jets @ Detroit Lions (+4): Upset. The pipe dream Jest lose to DET on the road. Not buying the hype on ANY afc east team  PICK:Lions;

8.) New England Patriots @ Cleveland Browns (+5.5): The Browns will lose , but cover. The Patriots short passing game will get um’ to the post season before they fade. PICK: Browns;

9.) New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks (+5.5): Giants are tougher than the Hawks, and at Seattle that’s what it takes. That and less turnovers.  PICK: Giants;

10.) Kansas City Chiefs (+2.5) @ Oakland Raiders: The Raiders offense is decent right now, Cassel is spuddering.  PICK: Raiders;

11.) Indianapolis Colts (+1) @ Philadelphia Eagles: I don’t Indy losing this game. The Iggles are a year away from contention. PICK: Colts;

12.) Dallas Cowboys (+8) @ Green Bay Packers: Wade has officially lost this team.  PICK: Packers;

13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) Steelers will bounce back from the Saint game & avenge being swept last year by Cincy. The Steelers will sweep Cincy this year.
    PICK: Steelers.

BEST BETS: Saints, Raiders, Chargers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't see Phins beating Ravens nor Bolts beating Texans.  Browns game willl not be tea with the queen but I don't see BB allowing them to look past Cleveland.  This could be an upset, a hard fought Pats win or a Pats blowout.  I'm thinking the Pats win a close one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

1.) Miami Dolphins (+5.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: The Dolphins road streak ends PICK: Ravens; 2.) Chicago Bears @ Buffalo Bills (+3): KC lucked out as the Bills got hosed at the end of regulation on some calls. The Bills D played good.   PICK: Bills; 3.) San Diego Chargers @ Houston Texans (+1): From what I saw from these 2 teams this week, the Bolts win as SD scores over 30 against a suspect   defense. Kubiak will lose his job after this year along with counterpart Wade in big D. PICK: Chargers; 4.) New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (+7): Saints defense is back PICK: Saints; 5.) Arizona Cardinals (+9) @ Minnesota Vikings: 9 points is too many PICK: Cardinals; 6.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+8.5) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are the 8 th best team in the NFL and the best in the NFC PICK: Falcons; 7.) New York Jets @ Detroit Lions (+4): Upset. The pipe dream Jest lose to DET on the road. Not buying the hype on ANY afc east team   PICK:Lions; 8.) New England Patriots @ Cleveland Browns (+5.5): The Browns will lose , but cover. The Patriots short passing game will get um’ to the post season before they fade. PICK: Browns; 9.) New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks (+5.5): Giants are tougher than the Hawks, and at Seattle that’s what it takes. That and less turnovers.   PICK: Giants; 10.) Kansas City Chiefs (+2.5) @ Oakland Raiders: The Raiders offense is decent right now, Cassel is spuddering.   PICK: Raiders; 11.) Indianapolis Colts (+1) @ Philadelphia Eagles: I don’t Indy losing this game. The Iggles are a year away from contention. PICK: Colts; 12.) Dallas Cowboys (+8) @ Green Bay Packers: Wade has officially lost this team.   PICK: Packers; 13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) Steelers will bounce back from the Saint game & avenge being swept last year by Cincy. The Steelers will sweep Cincy this year. PICK: Steelers.      BEST BETS: Saints, Raiders, Chargers.
    Posted by jbolted
    .. you are still discounting the AFC east teams? I suppose you are still waiting for your late-season "resurgence"? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Just thinking as I read through the games this weekend;

Unless you are a Chicago fan, how could anyone not be rooting for the Bills? That team may not have the best talent or coaching staff, but they fight to the end and don't give up. Fitzpatrick looks like he could be legit. Yes, you are what you are, but that is a team with a lot of heart. Contrast them with the mess that is the Cowboys, if you will... Go Bills!

I'd love to see Detroit win, but I'm not sure they can. Ryan's offense was terrible last week, but his Defense is good, like him or not. Could be another field goals only game, unless there are turnovers for points. That could turn out to be a fun game to watch. Go Lions!

The Dolphins and Ravens look like similar teams to me. Suspect Offenses, and good Defenses. Ravens D may be more reputation than execution, and the 'Phins have the potential for a decent running game, and have good wideouts. I'll root for the 'Phins on this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Those nine points Arizona is getting at dysfunctional Minnesota look awfully tempting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : .. you are still discounting the AFC east teams? I suppose you are still waiting for your late-season "resurgence"? 
    Posted by RipFace

yes, I am still doubting the afc east. I guess its because when I saw NE, the offense did not look championship caliber. Heck, they didnt even look good. The Jest are the most overrated team in the NFL and somebody else will pitch a shutout against them again this year. The fish will never win above 9 games with Sparano as HC and Buffalo, though improving, still looks questionable.   Y'all won't believe it until January comes around. I'll wait. Also, let's wait and see how your NOV14th & 21st games pan out before we start handing out mid-season Lombardi's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : yes, I am still doubting the afc east. I guess its because when I saw NE, the offense did not look championship caliber. Heck, they didnt even look good. The Jest are the most overrated team in the NFL and somebody else will pitch a shutout against them again this year. The fish will never win above 9 games with Sparano as HC and Buffalo, though improving, still looks questionable.   Y'all won't believe it until January comes around. I'll wait. Also, let's wait and see how your NOV14th & 21st games pan out before we start handing out mid-season Lombardi's.
    Posted by jbolted

What's wrong with your lovables, Bolt? Why have they played so poorly? Who should get the lion's share of the blame?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":

Texas, are you "Picks" with or without the spread?  IOW are you picking the winning team or are you picking which way to bet?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" :      What's wrong with your lovables, Bolt? Why have they played so poorly? Who should get the lion's share of the blame?
    Posted by TexasPat3

They played great last week, far from poor. TEN looked good as well, passing the ball downfield instead of using the dink & dunk style that is preferred in Patriotville these days. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Yeah, Jbolt is doubting the AFC East because the AFC West is such a great division...and because, in the playoffs, the Chargers have done so particularly well against AFC East teams in recent years.

I hope this clown keeps his stock tips to himself, LOL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Yeah, Jbolt is doubting the AFC East because the AFC West is such a great division...and because, in the playoffs, the Chargers have done so particularly well against AFC East teams in recent years. I hope this clown keeps his stock tips to himself, LOL!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

in recent years the AFC West has as many SB wins as the AFC East, and we dont lose to INDY in the playoffs like 2 of your teams do. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : in recent years the AFC West has as many SB wins as the AFC East, and we dont lose to INDY in the playoffs like 2 of your teams do. 
    Posted by jbolted

Really?

How many in the last 10 years?

Pray tell, what was the last year that an AFC West team was even IN the Super Bowl. (Well, at least you ought to get that one right, genius.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : in recent years the AFC West has as many SB wins as the AFC East, and we dont lose to INDY in the playoffs like 2 of your teams do. 
    Posted by jbolted

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

I don't know what you consider "recent," but the last AFC West team to win the Super Bowl was the Broncos in 1999. Since then, the Pats, just by themselves, have won it three times.

And since you like to point out playoff prowess so much, let me remind you that the last two times the Pats and San Dago met in the playoffs, we both know which team crawled home on its belly.

Keep on cherry-picking your arguments, jbolt.

Jim Nance lives.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In Response to Re: Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : yes, I am still doubting the afc east. I guess its because when I saw NE, the offense did not look championship caliber. Heck, they didnt even look good. The Jest are the most overrated team in the NFL and somebody else will pitch a shutout against them again this year. The fish will never win above 9 games with Sparano as HC and Buffalo, though improving, still looks questionable.   Y'all won't believe it until January comes around. I'll wait. Also, let's wait and see how your NOV14th & 21st games pan out before we start handing out mid-season Lombardi's.
    Posted by jbolted

does Dan Fouts still play QB out there?  Do you know JimNanceBolt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Week 9 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : Texas, are you "Picks" with or without the spread?  IOW are you picking the winning team or are you picking which way to bet?
    Posted by sheldong

With.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by jbolted

Bolt...I'm hearing lots of hostility directed to our Patriots, ever since they beat your lovables in San Diego. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

No...the Bolts don't lose in the play-offs to Indy...but what's their playoff record in recent years against the Patriots and Jets??

LOL!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts