Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Re: Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : I do agree with you in regards to Norv. He has found his Chargers in the post season each year at the helm though. Concerning Norv by game, my issues - @OAK- though a W, not a strong effort out of the gate. RESPONSE: Lots of teams start slow...inccluding the Pats, who were lucky to beat the Bills in game one. BAL- at the 5 of BAL with 10 seconds left on the clock before the half on 3rd down kicks a FG, instead going for a TD with perhaps a high pass to Gates or Jackson in the back of the endzone then try a kick if it doesnt work. SD losing by 5 . the difference.  also at the end of the game, 4th & 2, draw play, stuffed by Lewis, game over. You've got your newly signed 90 million dollar QB with the game on the line in his 1st home game since signing his new contract and you take the ball out his hands after he torched the ravens all day for 436 yards? Dah, put the ball in his hands with those circumstances.  RESPONSE: Agreed. I too thought that the Chargers should have gone for the TD in that situation. The Chargers tried to get "cute" with that draw player call to Sproles. A better call might have been to find Antonio Gates or one of their tall WRs in the endzone.  The Pats have run similar plays in that situation using Kevin Faulk.         MIA- give him  a pass, well coached game except for just 3 points by halftime. RESPONSE: The Bolts beat a decent Miami team. @PIT- slow start cost us the game. honest assessment regards   I will stick by Norv as long as he is here. RESPONSE: I don't understand the slow start. Norv's biggest problems seem to be his defense being able to stop the run (minus Jamaal Williams), and his offense not being able to run the ball. Darren Sproles is a wonderful weapon, when used like the Patriots use Kevin Faulk...or like the Jets use Leon Washington.   Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]      The biggest problem seems to be Norv's lack of leadership skills. He should be demanding much, much more from his players...and, if they don't meet his demands, heads should roll. But, he's simply not that kind of guy.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
     Tex:
    Not only Jamal Williams but his backup Ryan Bingham is out too. Ogemdi Nwagbuo & Alfonso Boone are off the street and now starting. D-line coach Don Johnson needs to do his best coaching job ever. Merriman has been a non-factor, which sux. The front 7 are getting pushed around and it sickens me to watch thus far. At 2-2, with the Broncos at 4-0, i need a favor from you Tex. Please have your team follow through. As Josh said, '4 wins wont get us the playoffs', neither will 9 IMO.. From my perspective I honestly think that SD will still win the west. I need the chink in the Bronco armor exposed this week, I know its there. Dollars to donuts, I say the Pats win in convincing fashion this week. Call it a hunch, but, Orton vs. Brady, come on. no brainer from my view, knowing the Broncos ability to choke. Yes they have new guys, but, the a big remnant of failure is still there IMO.          

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

People keep talking about the Broncos "great D" since they've only given up 26 points, but they played 2 of the worst teams along with another subpar team in a row.  They nearly lost to Cincy (should've lost, but oh well).  I think the Pats will put up at least 26 on them sunday. 

If they can take away their 4th ranked run O, then Orton will NOT beat them.  They took Mason away after the first drive last week, took T.O. almost completely out of the game, and took Tony G. out of the game against Atlanta. 

We beat them 41-7 in Foxboro last year with that terrible pass D when they had a better QB, and that was with Shanahan at the wheel.  I think this should be close through halftime, but the Pats should pretty much put it away around the start of the 4th quarter.

Making Orton beat them, it won't happen.  That's just not what type of QB Orton is, he's a "game manager" as some people call it.  I think he's solid and reliable, but he's not one to go out and beat a team when it's on his shoulders.  

The Cows almost beat them last week and we've got a MUCH better team than they do, so i'm not too awful worried.  

I hope we win tho.. my GF's family are hardcore Broncos fans and avid Patriot-haters, so I don't want to hear them tell me how bad they beat us all year. lol 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]People keep talking about the Broncos "great D" since they've only given up 26 points, but they played 2 of the worst teams along with another subpar team in a row.  They nearly lost to Cincy (should've lost, but oh well).  I think the Pats will put up at least 26 on them sunday.  If they can take away their 4th ranked run O, then Orton will NOT beat them.  They took Mason away after the first drive last week, took T.O. almost completely out of the game, and took Tony G. out of the game against Atlanta.  We beat them 41-7 in Foxboro last year with that terrible pass D when they had a better QB, and that was with Shanahan at the wheel.  I think this should be close through halftime, but the Pats should pretty much put it away around the start of the 4th quarter. Making Orton beat them, it won't happen.  That's just not what type of QB Orton is, he's a "game manager" as some people call it.  I think he's solid and reliable, but he's not one to go out and beat a team when it's on his shoulders.   The Cows almost beat them last week and we've got a MUCH better team than they do, so i'm not too awful worried.   I hope we win tho.. my GF's family are hardcore Broncos fans and avid Patriot-haters, so I don't want to hear them tell me how bad they beat us all year. lol 
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

I agree with your point of taking away there run game. I think we do that and our secondary will be good enough to hold Marshall and co.

I don't think we can use last years score as an example as the #1 and 2 corners(Bailey) were out and now they have perennial Ball Hawker Brian Dawkins who I believe is there main reason for the early 4-0 start. Bailey has always given Brady problems and with Dawkins helping the thought of going deep is not comforting.

I think we will employ the run game early to establish play action. You can still run on the Broncos(see Cedric,Mcfadden,Marion) I hope we run it down there throats the entire day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

TC,

I just got off the Denver Post site and Dawkins didn't practice today. He's expected to play but won't be 100%. 

Buckhalter is out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADUMLS31. Show ADUMLS31's posts

http://www.neteams.com/new-england-patriots-football/article-denver-broncos-new-england-patriots-kyle-orton-nfl-josh-mcdaniels-tom-brady-bill-belichick-afc-champ-bailey-randy-moss-oct7-2009

Pats-Broncos, Snow-Forecasted......Could the Pats be in for trouble???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The possibility of cold, snowy/rainy weather this Sunday in Denver could make the Patriots job more difficult: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13515311.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Nice win over the Ravens by the Pats, who are seemingly improving every week. But, no rest for the weary, as the Pats now go on the road to face the tough Denver Broncos, in Denver. This marks the 5th time in a row that the Patriots have played a previously unbeaten team...and they'll need to be at their best in order to win the "Game of the Week": 1.) New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos (+3.5): Glad to see Josh McDaniels sticking it to the media thus far, as his Cutlerless Broncos are 4-0. McDaniels has his boys playing tough run defense...while getting some pressure in passing downs from the likes of OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil, a poor man's Dwight Freeney. The Denver offense plays a controlled, close to the vest offense...that emphasizes no turnovers. WR Brandon Marshall beat Dallas last week with an electrifying catch and run...and must be contained. I expect the Patriots to try to maintain some semblance of a running game...but to spread the field more on the Broncos. Look for Wes Welker to play a key role. This will be a tough test on the road for the improving Pats, who never seem to play well in Denver. Success in the redzone will be key: PICK: Patriots; 2.) Minnesota Vikings @ St. Louis Rams (+10):  Brett Farve was amazing in the Vikes Monday night win in Minny. Minnesota has far too many weapons for the hapless Rams: PICK: Vikings; 3.) Dallas Cowboys @ Kansas City Chiefs (+9): I don't like how the Cowboys are playing. Matt Cassel and the Chiefs don't turn the ball over, they have a chance to win this game outright: PICK: Chiefs; 4.) Washington Redskins (+3.5) @ Carolina Panthers: The Redskins are a reflection of the economy. This could be the game that gets coach Jim Zorn fired. His Redskins had to scramble at home last week to eek out a come from behind three point win against lowly Tampa, in Washington. PICK: Panthers; 5.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+13.5) @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Bucs will battle the Rams for the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft. The Eagles are coming off a bye week...and both Donavan McNabb and Brian Westbrook may be ready to play: PICK: Eagles; 6.) Oakland Raiders (+16) @ NY Giants: Eli Manning may not play, due to a heel injury. The G-men will win, even if David Carr drives the offense. Ordinarily, I'd say that 16 points is too much to pass by. But, the Raiders are a mess, and their head coach may be arrested any day for punching one of his assistants in the preseason, and breaking his jaw. The Raiders are a mess: PICK: Giants; 7.) Cleveland (+6) @ Buffalo: The Browns put forth a spirited effort in losing to Cincinnati in OT last week. The Bills are coming off a demolition in Miami. They have never recovered from blowing that 25-24 game in Foxboro: PICK: Browns; 8.) Cinncinati Bengals (+8.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: We'll find out this Sunday whether the 3-1 Bengals are contenders or pretenders. The Ravens are still crying in their purple koolaid over losing to the Patriots. Look for them to bounce back strong this week: PICK: Ravens; 9.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Detroit Lions (+10.5): The Steelers took out their frustrations on the Chargers last week. They'll continue to roll against the Dandelions: PICK: Steelers; 10.) Atlanta Falcons (+2.5) @ San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers are for real. What a fine job Mike Singletary is doing with his club.  PICK: 49ers; 11.) Houston Texans (+5.5) @ Arizona Cardinals: You never know what to expect from the Jeckyl and Hyde Texans. Pressing the immobile Kurt Warner is the key to beating the Cards: PICK: Texans; 12.) Jacksonville Jaguars @ Seattle Seahawks (+3): The Jags are on a roll with two straight impressive wins over divisional rivals Houston and Tennessee. Unfortunately, they should make it three straight over the QB challenged 'Hawks. GO SEAHAWKS!! PICK: Jaguars; 13.) Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans (+3.5): Are the people in Vegas watching the Colts? This is like stealing. PICK: Colts; 14.) NY Jets @ Miami Dolphins (+1.5): If the Dolphins are to be relevant at all this season, they must win this game. QB Matt Sanchez played like a rookie QB last week in New Orleans. But, the 'Fins are starting the inexperienced Chad Henne. Look for the Jets to win a relatively low scoring game: PICK: Jets ;      Best Bets: Colts (again), Vikings, and Eagles.      Thoughts...particularly on the Pats/Denver game? Who wins and why?        
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Hey Texas Pete - How about at least getting it right?  It's MARK Sanchez - not MATT!  unbelievable....................Yell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Week Five NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Hey Texas Pete - How about at least getting it right?  It's MARK Sanchez - not MATT!  unbelievable....................
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it's not Armando Garcia?

or Jesus Gonzalez?