Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
         Trying to rebound from a horrible week eight. Good to see the Patriots back in action again. Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos (+3): The Broncos were saddled with a very tough schedule this season. After reeling off six wins in a row, their talent deficiencies are beginning to catch up to them. The Steelers will see to it that the roof continues to cave in on the surprising Broncos: PICK: Steelers; 2.) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The Chiefs are the perfect tonic for Jacksonville to rebound against, after after getting pounded by the Vince Young led Titans last week: PICK: Jaguars; 3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): Bengals must feel like Rodney Dangerfield used to this week. Despite previously beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and having home field advantage, they've been made three point dogs. This is a chance for a team that gets no respect, to earn some: PICK: Ravens; 4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Texans have come close to upsetting Peyton Manning's Colts over the past few seasons. But, the problem for them is always lack of consistentcy. Like the Jets, they have an annoying habit of finding ways to lose. The only question this week is, can they cover the spread? Unlike the 49ers last week, the Texans lack a consistent ground game to keep the Indy "D" honest, and to keep the Colts' offense off the field: PICK: Colts; 5.) Washington Redskins (+10) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are still kicking themselves for blowing a golden opportunity to upset the Saints last Monday night. Despite having a short week to prepare, they'll take out their frustrations on the Deadskins: PICK: Falcons; 6.) Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Yucs are challenging the Washington Generals on the NFL, a/k/a the Detroit Lions, for the dubious distinction of being the worst team in the NFL. The Yucs are the perfect opponent for a team trying to regain its' confidence, after a demoralizing loss to Brett Farve and the Vikings, at Lambeau Field: PICK: Packers; 7.) Arizona Cardinals (+3) @ Chicago Bears:  After an inexplicable blowout loss at home to Carolina, Kurt Warner and company try to regroup in the usually unforgiving climate on the tip of Lake Michigan. The Cards are the NFC's answer to the Houston Texans. They can look like the Saints for a stretch, or like the Redskins. Which will it be this week? PICK: Bears; 8.) Miami Dolphins (+10.5) @ New England Patriots: BB has had two weeks to prepare for the Wildcat...and the multiple blitzes he's sure to see. Though the Dolphins are a tough, physical team that usually doesn't beat itself, this should be no contest.  PICK: Patriots; 9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: If Jake commits no DelHommes in the Big Easy, the Panthers can make a game of it...and even might pull off an upset. But, saying that Jake won't commit any DelHommes (a French word for turnover), is like saying that Drew Brees won't throw any TD passes.  PICK: Saints; 10.) Detroit Lions (+10) @ Seattle Seahawks: By losing at home to the Rams last week, the Lions once again appear to be the worst team in the NFL. Nonetheless, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are lurking, and could yet challenge. A two TD loss this week could help to cement the Lions' claim to this dubious distinction: PICK: Seahawks; 11.) Tennessee Titans (+4) @ San Francisco 49ers: No question that the mobile Vince Young makes the Titans a much more difficult team to defense. The 49ers could have, and probably should have beaten the Colts in Indy last week. Could it be that Alex Smith is ready to earn his NFL spurs at last? PICK: 49ers; 12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The way the Giants have played in their last three games, how could they be favored by five over any decent team? The Chargers are a decent team...and need a win badly: PICK: Chargers; 13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Thought about making this game the "Game of the Week". Huge divisional battle. The winner takes command of the NFC East. Could be a great game.          PICK: Eagles.     BEST BETS: Patriots, Jaguars, Steelers, and Packers .      Thoughts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

TPat,
    The pick of the week for my money is Dallas +3 against Philly. I like teams that I feel have a good shot at winning and are getting points. Not to mention my guy has the line at +3.5 right now. I'm already down in case it goes back to 3. I kind of like Houston +9 but I'm on the fence there. That will be a game time decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : It still makes me smile how mentioning 2007 gets under the skin of a Patsies fan! Thanks, Enoch, for keeping alive the tradition!
    Posted by JintsFan

I actually agree with you on the Giants and Sandiego. That game scares me..I could see the Chargers laying an egg in that one.

I don't think too many people still care much about '07 though.A wise man once said, "If you hang your hat on the past you have no future"- Me -2009

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

The Indianapolis Colts have lost starting LB Tyjuan Hagler for the rest of the season. Hagler was 4th on the team in tackles, with 36: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-04/colts-lose-starting-lb-hagler-for-rest-season
    Posted by TexasPat3
    I was unaware of LB T Hagler being on IR, but Gonzalez is to have knee surgery,CB M. Jackson out IR, S. Bob Sanders out IR, and CB K. Hayden out at least threee weeks. A lot of first line players out. This could spell an upset as the Texans have come so close previously. What say you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
         Trying to rebound from a horrible week eight. Good to see the Patriots back in action again. Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos (+3): The Broncos were saddled with a very tough schedule this season. After reeling off six wins in a row, their talent deficiencies are beginning to catch up to them. The Steelers will see to it that the roof continues to cave in on the surprising Broncos: PICK: Steelers; 2.) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The Chiefs are the perfect tonic for Jacksonville to rebound against, after after getting pounded by the Vince Young led Titans last week: PICK: Jaguars; 3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): Bengals must feel like Rodney Dangerfield used to this week. Despite previously beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and having home field advantage, they've been made three point dogs. This is a chance for a team that gets no respect, to earn some: PICK: Ravens; 4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Texans have come close to upsetting Peyton Manning's Colts over the past few seasons. But, the problem for them is always lack of consistentcy. Like the Jets, they have an annoying habit of finding ways to lose. The only question this week is, can they cover the spread? Unlike the 49ers last week, the Texans lack a consistent ground game to keep the Indy "D" honest, and to keep the Colts' offense off the field: PICK: Colts; 5.) Washington Redskins (+10) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are still kicking themselves for blowing a golden opportunity to upset the Saints last Monday night. Despite having a short week to prepare, they'll take out their frustrations on the Deadskins: PICK: Falcons; 6.) Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Yucs are challenging the Washington Generals on the NFL, a/k/a the Detroit Lions, for the dubious distinction of being the worst team in the NFL. The Yucs are the perfect opponent for a team trying to regain its' confidence, after a demoralizing loss to Brett Farve and the Vikings, at Lambeau Field: PICK: Packers; 7.) Arizona Cardinals (+3) @ Chicago Bears:  After an inexplicable blowout loss at home to Carolina, Kurt Warner and company try to regroup in the usually unforgiving climate on the tip of Lake Michigan. The Cards are the NFC's answer to the Houston Texans. They can look like the Saints for a stretch, or like the Redskins. Which will it be this week? PICK: Bears; 8.) Miami Dolphins (+10.5) @ New England Patriots: BB has had two weeks to prepare for the Wildcat...and the multiple blitzes he's sure to see. Though the Dolphins are a tough, physical team that usually doesn't beat itself, this should be no contest.  PICK: Patriots; 9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: If Jake commits no DelHommes in the Big Easy, the Panthers can make a game of it...and even might pull off an upset. But, saying that Jake won't commit any DelHommes (a French word for turnover), is like saying that Drew Brees won't throw any TD passes.  PICK: Saints; 10.) Detroit Lions (+10) @ Seattle Seahawks: By losing at home to the Rams last week, the Lions once again appear to be the worst team in the NFL. Nonetheless, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are lurking, and could yet challenge. A two TD loss this week could help to cement the Lions' claim to this dubious distinction: PICK: Seahawks; 11.) Tennessee Titans (+4) @ San Francisco 49ers: No question that the mobile Vince Young makes the Titans a much more difficult team to defense. The 49ers could have, and probably should have beaten the Colts in Indy last week. Could it be that Alex Smith is ready to earn his NFL spurs at last? PICK: 49ers; 12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The way the Giants have played in their last three games, how could they be favored by five over any decent team? The Chargers are a decent team...and need a win badly: PICK: Chargers; 13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Thought about making this game the "Game of the Week". Huge divisional battle. The winner takes command of the NFC East. Could be a great game.          PICK: Eagles.     BEST BETS: Patriots, Jaguars, Steelers, and Packers .      Thoughts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Tex, all due respect for the effort you put into this site but you haven't picked a week in over a month. There's a lot of Jekyl and Hyde teams but you've gotten beat up real bad. Good luck next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : Tex, all due respect for the effort you put into this site but you haven't picked a week in over a month. There's a lot of Jekyl and Hyde teams but you've gotten beat up real bad. Good luck next week.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Thanks for reminding me, good buddy. The last two weeks have been rough. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : I was unaware of LB T Hagler being on IR, but Gonzalez is to have knee surgery,CB M. Jackson out IR, S. Bob Sanders out IR, and CB K. Hayden out at least threee weeks. A lot of first line players out. This could spell an upset as the Texans have come so close previously. What say you?
    Posted by sonieboy

Sonie: I have no faith in the Texans. They always choke...especially against the Colts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" :      Thanks for reminding me, good buddy. The last two weeks have been rough. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

All fairness I didn't put mine up this week so I shouldn't be squawking. I did have seven with Philly and Denver still out there. I've been getting beat up the last couple weeks too but now I can blame you. lol

We'll get'm next week

Sections
Shortcuts