Week Six Assessment Time

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: Week Six Assessment Time

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holding wasn't called!? That's why the pats lost to the Seahawks?! You are joking right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to rehash my previous posts.  Is that the only reason they lost? No. But I bet, and I would not lose, that the lack of holding calls had a major impact on this game.  Remember the Arizona game? I was watching UNO Sports night and Felger was on.  They are discussing the loss. They are showing a video of scenes from the game. One, Gronk goes out on a route, breaks right into the flat, and misses the pass by about 3 inches. 4th down, punt.  Unfortunately for those who won't accept anything, the video clearly shows the LB grabbing Gronks jersey as he goes into his break. Gronk gets pulled back thus misses the pass.  This video is playing WHILE they are talking about Belichick, and why this and why that.  The why was right on video in their segment. Then the "hold" on gronk.

Again, you can't not stop Wilfork unless you hold him. I don't have the same expectation for Chandler or JPP or any of those hybrid DE's. I do however for Wilfork.  I don't care. He's a beast.  They say he's a great athlete for his size.  And he is.  He'd blow through the line *almost* every play if it was played straight up and not being held.  Thats not what teams do, and when he gets through its mostly in spite of the holding.  He/Dline get a call here and there, but rarely has a major impact on the outcome of the game. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Okay so the refs are out to get the large market teams, like New England to improve ratings. How is this supposed to work? Seattle is a cash cow for Goodell while New England and Green Bay are not. give me a break. If the fix is in why waste your time watching. I'm sure there is some WWF on some where.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are just disgusted pats fans that will never ever blame Brady for anything because of what he done in the past. Sad yet true.

Holding??Give me a break

[/QUOTE]

Very Rustylike reply. He loves repeating himself about how what he just said is true. If people knew just how many fakes he has they would be astounded at his depravity.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice post/thread prolate. It's nice to read threads from reasonable fans that don't have an agenda (that looks worse and worse by the second) that can't be honest and give a good assessment.

Spot on. Personally I've just grown tired of watching this defense. Four years of this has worn me out - I just feel like it's been a waste of Brady's career and my rooting interest as a fan. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree Pro is a Pro, always well thoughtout logical post. ZBello too.

I've also had enough of this D.  Last year I had a sick feeling every time they took the field.  I no longer have that.  It's now, oh well, here comes another loss in the last minutes of the 4th.  What else is new?  I don't like feeling either., disgust or apathy, which is worse?

[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted much, nor in a long time, but I have to say this is amazing.  I have noticed it since the "miracle"-helmet-tyree catch.  Long completions are not all on the cornerback or the safeties.  this is simple football knowlege.  It is a mixture of both pressure and coverage. Big Vince said so much today on Weei.  What you cannot over come is holding by the o-line.  I have seen it so blatant that it is becoming sickening to watch.  Double teaming Vince is a euphamism for holding. You cannot keep Vince out of the backfield on almost every passing down if you do not hold him.  The Patriots D lineman have been getting held for years, yet no one sees this. It started with Eli in the first Super Bowl and it its continuing to this day.  It happend again on the last TD for the Seahwawks.  Whoever was on the the left end, it may have been Cunningham, was obviously held as he got by the tackle and was heading for Wilson.  You see his body jerk as the tackle had him held with one hand on his shoulder pad.  But no flag and boom.  It takes a little bit to have that type of route develop, too much time not to have someone in the backfield.  That is of course if they aren't being held. 

Please don't get me wrong. There were mistakes a plenty from the Pats. But in the NFL, if you are fighting the NFL and the other team, its hard to consistently win.  Remember, parity is the NFL codeword for making more money.  The 3 losses were by 4 points. Look at the other teams that are 3-3 4-2.  The Pats are that close in spite of the NFL. 

[/QUOTE]

hiya queenie!

[/QUOTE]

How many accounts do you think this goober has? 20+?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay so the refs are out to get the large market teams, like New England to improve ratings. How is this supposed to work? Seattle is a cash cow for Goodell while New England and Green Bay are not. give me a break. If the fix is in why waste your time watching. I'm sure there is some WWF on some where.

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb? It's not about the market, it's about the games being close.  It's a good question and maybe 5 years from now after Goodell is done with this, I won't be watching.

Turn on this Denver/SD game right now.   Denver has been holding the bejesus out of SD since the 3rd qtr started and that's why they've crept back into this thing.

My god. Look at the holding.  Wow! They called it! Apparently, holding is now only a bear hug tackle by a RB in pass protection. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. With unlimited 24/7 sports coverage along with Sunday, Monday, Thursday football, more than a few teams need to be relevant.  Its somewhat hard to do in baseball or hockey, but in football and (do we need to discuss the NBA) its so easy for them to drive their agenda.  I personally don't think the NFL gives a hoot who wins the Super Bowl.  Its how much money is made along the way.  They make more money if the divisions are close.  Everything we purchase, the NFL makes a profit. Everything.  I agree with Bunker.  Not good for the machine if the Pats are 6-0 and the Jets and the preseason favorite media darling Bills are 3-3 or worse.  Or just about any other division as well.  Look at the NFC west. Its everywhere. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutely.  It's a good model from a business standpoint and I actually have no issue with the salary cap creating the parity, but the creepy part is watching the games influenced by the refs.

Look no further than this game tonight. All of a sudden, magically, SD turns awful and Gomer has 10 seconds to make throws in the pocket because Denver's O Line is holding up the yin yang.

Goodell loves him some points and some high some national tv drama with a wink-wink to the refs.

It's very arguable the reason why he overreacted with the Spygate thing and lied, then destroyed the tapes of teams filming NE, was because he ruled so fast to try to weaken NE as a way to promote parity.  Makes sense considering the junk that Walsh had. 

He got caught with his  pants down the media ignored that, too.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that. The whole Spygate thing, I never got into that.  They were wrong and if they weren't doing it, they couldnt be punished.  They did, and were. However they weren't the only ones and by far not the worse.  No one apparently heard Jimmy Johnson or Dikta laugh it off and basically say it was nothing in comparison to what they used to do.  

The great comeback by Peyton.  Now you have Gruden crowing about how great he makes other players.  Wait, its that what they used to say about Brady and it wasn't really a big deal? Hmmm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Chargers had six turnovers. It was not the refs that beat them.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts