Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" :      24/7:      The NY Giants are anything but "one year wonders". They were the best team in the NFL last season (beat the champion Steelers on the road, 21-14), until the Plaxico Burress fiasco made neutered their offense. This season, they are easily one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

If the giants dont win a super bowl in the next couple years then they are a one year wonder, plain and simple, just like the tampa bay bucs were when they won the super bowl and havent won one since. The patriots won 3 out of 4 super bowls thats a true dynasty. Even the Steelers won 2 super bowls this decade. They deserve respect, Giants still need to prove themselves, til then they are a one year wonder. No burress= no super bowl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : I don't save fluke SB wins. Do you have copies of the Patriots three legitimate SB wins?  
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

By legitimate you mean something other than that little taping issue, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

The giants are not even the best team in their division, the eagles are clearly better, anyone with common football knowledge can notice that. The only thing the eagles have trouble with against the giants was Plaxico and hes gone, giants stand no chance.

When the giants dont win the super bowl this year, everyone will know i was right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

At the end of this year, Superbowl or not, the Giants will still not have been found guilty of cheating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I like most of your picks except: Green Bay will beat the Lions   and The Broncos will beat the Chargers
    Posted by viewer222[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RKPGS2vwM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]At the end of this year, Superbowl or not, the Giants will still not have been found guilty of cheating.
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

and at the end of this year the giants will not be mentioned with the greatest dynasties of all time, 49ers the packers, the steelers, the cowboys and YES the patriots, all other teams who have won super bowls are basicaly foot notes compared to dynasties. The patriots are the team of the decade, giants are just a foot note. That is not debatable or arguable, just a fact.

Once the giants win 3 out 4 super bowls then someone can dare to debate me, but til then there is no debate lmao

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Shame all those Superbowls are long gone and overshadowed by the cheating scandal (in the eyes of the rest of the world anyway).

Have fun living in the past, its all you're gonna have for a long, long, long time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Shame all those Superbowls are long gone and overshadowed by the cheating scandal (in the eyes of the rest of the world anyway). Have fun living in the past, its all you're gonna have for a long, long, long time.
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

lol is that your way of giving up and letting me know im right?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : lol is that your way of giving up and letting me know im right?
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

We're not debating anything here. The Patriots are washed up cheaters and you keep confirming that by talking about Superbowls from 5 years ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Gaspar is out of touch.  What is it about the Globe that makes it want to hire idiots?

Some nice match ups out there.

NYG vs NO – I’d like to watch this one!

Ravens vs Vikings

Bears vs Falcons

Broncos vs Chargers

Saddest game.

KC vs Wash – I’d rather watch a test pattern.  (remember those?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : I don't save fluke SB wins. Do you have copies of the Patriots three legitimate SB wins?  
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Well Said! When QBs like Ely and Ben R win a superbowl with terrible performances people should recognize that they were not the reasons there teams won.

Ben in his first superbowl win did everything he could do to lose that game. It was hands down the worst superbowl performance by a winning QB.

Ely was slightly better but in crunch time did everything he could do to lose that superbowl. With all of our dropped INTs and all.

I am not saying the Giants are not good. I think they are very good, possibly the best team in the league right now, but Ely played horrible down the stretch and his "duck" passes just failed to be caught by Asante, and Merriweather. Even the miracle play to Tyree was an ugly duckling of a throw.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : By legitimate you mean something other than that little taping issue, right?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Hey Dogg!  YOU finally got it right!!!!!!!  It WAS a little taping issue...just like your former GREAT COACH Parcells said it was!!!!!!!!!  Glad to see you come around on this....now unplug the phoney noise in your dome and we will be fine!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I'll take Ravens over the Vikings straight up, forget the points.  I think both teams have compiled wins against poor opponents but the Ravens are coming off 2 tough losses to quality opponents.  I look for them to be more hungry in this game.

Giants over Saints as a best bet?  I think that is bold and I am a Giant fan.  At this point we all know the Giants are league's best road team, but N.O. is coming off a bye week, i suppose the Giants could make the same claim.  In a game like this I feel confident saying only one thing and that is that the team who wins the turn-over battle wins the game.  GO BIG BLUE!!!

I think Pitt covers the 14 against CLE.  CLE put up 6 against Buffalo, they will need a lot more than that too keep Pitt within 14.  I also think the Skins cover against KC.

Good picks again sir.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]the saints will beat the giants hands down, giants havent played anybody the only decent team they beat was the cowboys and they destroyed the giants defensive line that day, embarrassed them. The giants are no where near as good as their record indicates, the saints are the better team. Saints wing, and win fairly easy. 31-17 My upset pick this week is the texans over the bengals.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

If you don't think the Sunday night Cowboy win was a good win than you don't want to have an honest conversation.  Yeah, the Boys ran wild on the G-men that night and guess what, NY still found a way to win.  I'll take that as a positive, thank you very much.  Give Eli 2 minutes and a couple T.O.'s with the game on the line and I like those odds.  As to the rest of their schedule they have destroyed inferior competition, also the mark of a good team.  They will have plenty of time to prove themselves against quality opponents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunson. Show Bunson's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : This guy cracks me up. I love these definitive statements. "I know what I'm talking about"... "...are a better team, period ". This is the type who knows everything and then has all sorts or rationalizations and excuses when they are wrong. Hey BTW 24-7, speaking of "special", name me the other NFL team in history who defeated an undefeated/18-0 team in the SB?  Since you "know what you're talking about". My generous offer still stands on SB42. 
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Will you at least stipulate that even though the Giants played the game of their lives, and the Pats played the worst game of the season, it still took a penalty, a dropped INT and the luckiest catch in the history of history to get close and the Pats STILL almost won?

Giants were (and still are) a great team with a fantastic defense (deep to boot), but if it weren't for David Tyree with an assist from Jesus, you might be talking smack on a Redskins board right now.Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Why has this thread taken such a pro-Giants turn?  
    Please be a realist.
    WAS - worst team in the NFC EAST, meddling GM/OWNER
    @DAL - The only thing worse then Tony Oh-no's passes are his reads 
    @TB- at 0-5 the Bucs will finish at the very best 4-12, probably 2-14 
    @KC- Another 0-5 squad destined to 4-12 or worse
    OAK- worst over the past decade and simply horrendous with J. Russell

In a nutshell, that's the biggest pansy of a schedule of ANY team in the NFL thus far. I dare you to find a softer schedule through the first 5 weeks and post it in a reply.

Last time when the Giants visited SD ( in an Eli lead 45-23 Giant blowout loss), it sounded like a hooligan filled european soccer stadium. I've never a crowd chant so loud in all my days. Want to know what they saying?

ELI SUCKSS

because he does

The Giants are no more of a threat for a title then the Panthers.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Hey Dogg!  YOU finally got it right!!!!!!!  It WAS a little taping issue...just like your former GREAT COACH Parcells said it was!!!!!!!!!  Glad to see you come around on this....now unplug the phoney noise in your dome and we will be fine!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
    Hey Bradley - long time no post.  Good to see you back.  Had to throw a little love back at Alfie. 

Don't understand the connection between parcells and the colts.  Englighten me.

As for the noise comment, your team's business partner cleared that one up.  As you know. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

UD/Jint, it's clear you guys lost the thread. Can you point that high and mighty knowledge towards the week 6 picks or just tell everyone how good you are again next week?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Hey Bradley - long time no post.  Good to see you back.  Had to throw a little love back at Alfie.  Don't understand the connection between parcells and the colts.  Englighten me. As for the noise comment, your team's business partner cleared that one up.  As you know. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    You posture yourself as being knowlegdeable about football, but then use a complete non-issue stirred up by the NY controlled NFL and ratings hungry ESPN as an arguement that the Patriots titles weren't legitimate? Is that because your cry baby team got your a** kicked by them 2 years running in the playoffs when the Patriots were busy winning titles while Peyton Manning was busy making commercials?

Sections
Shortcuts