Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

qball - I was just having fun.  Lighten up.  Was Manning doing as many commercials in 03-04 as he was after his superbowl in 06?  I don't know, but I don't think so.  Anyway, congrats.  That was a while ago.  In the most recent past, the colts have won 4 of the last 5 against the pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]qball - I was just having fun.  Lighten up.  Was Manning doing as many commercials in 03-04 as he was after his superbowl in 06?  I don't know, but I don't think so.  Anyway, congrats.  That was a while ago.  In the most recent past, the colts have won 4 of the last 5 against the pats. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Pick's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Jints-fan, i just state the facts you can interpret it however you want, the pats are the team of the decade, the giants are not. That is my point, there is no arguing it. Plain and simple, you can say whatever you want but the patriots are still the team of the decade and the giants are not.

If you dont agree with this then you just down right dont know anything about sports in general lol you must be a little 12 year old girl.

you argue like one lol Im not impressed by you at all, I dont care what the super bowl 42 ratings are, the patriots still are the team of the decade, and the giants are not. But knowing you, you will keep yapping like the little girl you are lmao keep trying you cant change what already is fact. Pats team of the decade!

lmao what a pathetic human being lmao

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Jint, TexPat is the class of this network of threads and he's usually right on but last week was a tough week for everyone. I was 6-8 the same as TeXPat with different picks but I still haven't seen your picks down the line?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Thanks Jint, One way I personally use as a measurement of a poster is how they pick the week. I'm sure you can agree if someone is posting all the time but completely blows at picking the spread he has no respect right?

That's one of the reasons TexPat is who he, because he calls it every week, no hiding win or lose backed up with good insight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : If you don't think the Sunday night Cowboy win was a good win than you don't want to have an honest conversation.  Yeah, the Boys ran wild on the G-men that night and guess what, NY still found a way to win.  I'll take that as a positive, thank you very much.  Give Eli 2 minutes and a couple T.O.'s with the game on the line and I like those odds.  As to the rest of their schedule they have destroyed inferior competition, also the mark of a good team.  They will have plenty of time to prove themselves against quality opponents.
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

you bring up good points dude, at least you dont argue like a little girl like Jints-fan does lmao

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Ah, methinks I've hit a nerve! Plus, exactly how many times are you going to repeat "pats are the team of the decade and the giants are not". I see it as three and counting. Guess you are running out of things to say, huh? Exactly what "facts" are you stating? (besides the aforementioned broken record that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said). I hear a lot of noise and repetition but not much else. And the personal attacks show you are running low, my friend, nothing more. BTW, as for indisputable facts, here's one: SB 42 Giants 17  Patriots 14 Now, let's see your logic and reason dispute that fact.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what i expected you to do lol cry like a little girl lmao

Keep trying to debate me dude, your just hilarious.

yes the giants did beat the patriots in sb42 but the pats are the team of the decade, thats all im saying lol

sorry if i hurt your little girl feelings, your too weak.

keep crying, ill just sit here and laugh at you lmao

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Will it never end? Will Pats' fans ever free themselves of that damned SB loss to the Giants?

Stop already! Its' over!! The Pats lost!!! Move on!!!!

The NY Giants win over the Pats is proving to be less and less of "great upset" than the media pegged it to be. In 2007, the Giants for the most part outplayed the then unbeaten Patriots, before falling short, 38-35...in one of the best, most exciting football games that I've ever seen. In the SB, the Giants again, for the most part, outplayed the Pats, and beat them, 17-14.

The only qualms I have about that loss was the way the media and their stooge, senile senator Arlen Specter, purposely planned and executed a distraction of biblical proportions on BB, the Pats' coaches, and their team...on the eve of the game. There is no doubt in my mind that what they did affected the Pats' coaches and team...as the Patriots went on to play their worst game of that entire season. But that doesn't detract from the efforts of the Giants...who had a marvelous defensive game plan...and executed it flawlessly. 

To say that the Giants were a "one year wonder" or "a fluke" is silly. Since winning the SB, the Giants in the eyes of most have been considered to be one of the top 5 teams in the league...and a better team than the Patriots. As I stated in a previous post, but for the Plaxico Burress fiasco, the Giants would have repeated as SB champs last year.

This season, the G-men are 5-0, and appear to be a serious SB contender once again. But even if the Giants fall short of a SB, that doesn't "prove" that they were "one year wonders" in 2007. Its' hard to win a SB. As the Giants found out last year, losing one key player for whatever reason can mean the difference between being a champ and an "also ran". 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NerdyJoseph. Show NerdyJoseph's posts

We shall see I guess right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

not that its a big deal, but the Browns' QB is Derrick Anderson, not Brian Anderson. And yes, he is terrible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My statistician's pick of the week, against the spread:

Detroit has quite a reasonable chance (not as high as 50% but still good) of beating Green Bay.  I have a whopping discrepancy of 10 pts to 12.5 pts versus the oddsmakers.

Detroit has a pulse when playing the big teams.  This team was at least thinking about upsetting Norleans at one point.  They were ahead of Minnesota at the half.  Washington went down nice and smooth, as a bad team should.  They were tied at the half with Chicago.  They were 21 yards from tying Pittsburgh. 

Green Bay got a hail mary to beat Chicago.  They recovered an onside kick and still lost to Cincinnati.  They had to wake up to beat poor St. Louis.  They were 16 points behind Minnesota in the middle of the fourth quarter and took 2 meaningless field goals.

Some more strong opinions:

4 pt discrepancy,  atl over chi

3 pts, Vikings over ravens

2 pts pats over ten, just going by the stats. 

2 pts stl over jac

2 pts No over gints

2 pts tampa bay over car.

2 pts nyj over buf

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : First off all, Bolted-On-Head , the Giants last year started 5-1 against similarly weak opponents, people said the same inane nonsense and then suddenly they were 11-1, beating the SB champs in Pittsburgh, Arizona, Philly and Baltimore and suddenly...no more questions. Except for the fact that the 11-1 start meant absolutely nothing when the playoffs commenced and your boys lost in their first postseason game scoring NO TDs.  See, Bolted-On-Head , not only can you only play who is on your weak schedule and when they are on your weak schedule, but the argument that quality of opponents equals a teams ability is specious at best unless of course you want  your team to be really battle tested and usually the refuge of simple minds (see a mirror), based not only on last years Giants season-and umpteen seasons since the beginning of time-but on the overlooked fact that the Giants have won all those games and the last two handily-which, is, of course the mark of a good team beating who they should. Only if the Giants lost or struggled mightily in these games would your simpleton logic matter. As things stand now, of course, it doesn't. Sure it does, your team's 5 opponents have won 6 games. The lowest number in NFL. Therefore, your Giants, due to the pansy schedule thus far cannot be used as an accurate barometer of success. I dont expect you to get this though, after all, you are a Big blue homer   You also forget, Bolted-On-Head , that a teams reputation proceeds all these arguments. Exactly, and everybody here does not think much of your QB that cant string a sentence together, nor his overrated team  Henceforth, when a cinderalla or unknown or previously bad team suddenly does this, you can cite weak opponents to explain the unexpected. Since the Giants are one year removed from a SB Championship and-get ready, BOH -are 21-4 Figures, you forgot the playoff loss last year, 21-5. You know the one where your team got rolled 23-11, at home no less, and to DIV rival PHI. So actually the Giants are 20-5 in their last 25 games incluing that playoff run, methinks they get a wee bit of the benefit of the doubt as to the quality of the team over any "quality of opponent" opines (whines). Lastly, Bolted-On-Head , as to your SB non-points and silly selective memory and logic, I only talk SB with fans of a team that has won one before. The Dolts merely played in one and got their ever loving A** KICKED up, down and sideways and were embarrassed off the field. So, obviously, since you and the Dolts are so severely limited in SB matters , I wil not lower myself to your loser status to discuss this. But, hey, I can see why a Dolts fan would be so envious of teams like the Giants and Patriots. If I were a Dolts fan I would be too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If Joey Galloway is a "healthy scratch" once again this week, how much longer will he remain on the team?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/which-way-will-it-go-for-galloway/

Who will be the third WR this week? At long last, it appears that our fearless local sportswriters are writing about what we've been saying here for the past several weeks. Better late than never: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091017lack
    _of_third_option_costs_patriots_sporadic_reception/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : This really isn't a "debate" as you offer nothing but:  1. repitition of a point I've never disagreed with in the first place (Pats team of decade...I challenge you to find where I denied that or made any reference to it at all, or said the Giants qualified as such-you'll find none) and 2. you have never gotten around to answering any point I've made defending the Giants against your over-emotional, backed by nothing insults of a 5-0 team, which was the whole and entire matter in the first place . I never brought the Pats into it nor ever argued any team of the decade status, so you keep repeating an off the topic point. Lastly, you then fall into the old "insult those you can't beat" tactic. You remind me of Reagan in those debates with Carter years back. Instead of actually answering a question, refuting a charge or saying anything of substance, he would just throw up his hands, say "there you go again" and mug for the camera, without actually saying anything. Very similar to your "I expected you to say that" and repeated 12 year old girl insults. To wit, you have repeatedly "proven" a non-debated point; you have not answered with logic, reason, facts or statistics of any kind the origianl and only point of the "debate"; you use persoanl attacks and avoidance tactics when you have nothing to offer in terms of real and honest debate. Sorry I have such a better command of the English language and use it to a much higher proficiency than you and sorry your intelligence and ability to argue rationally is below mine but that's the way it goes!

lmao! your still CRYING??

let it go dude!!! move on!

the patriots are the team of the decade! you sound like fat woman crying for no reason! you must be married to one. i hope you dont have kids, the thought of you actualy being responsible of takin care of a child is crazy,they would be deprived of good parenting.

just move on dude! lol everyone knows your life is horrible so you decide to try to act smart on a Patriots Forum instead of a Giants Forum lmao

sure the giants are 5-0 but would Tom Coughlin rather be 5-0 or have 3 super bowl rings on his fingers, and be a part of a dynasty?..... yea i thought so.                    i won:)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Giants are way overrated. Saints are for real. Love to see any NY team take a azz whuppin, so I'm tuning in for this one!

Browns haven't shown any sign of life so far this year. they seem like whipped dogs already. Can't see covering, even with a 14 point spread.  

Lions are showing signs of life. They have a better than even chance to cover, at least.

bolts vs doncos should be interesting; the battle of the pretenders! doncs should chew up bolts underachieving defense.