WEEK TEN NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

WEEK TEN NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

Their respective bye weeks created no particular change for New England and San Francisco.  Chicago whomped someone to move up.  The Denver Peytons continue to put teams away, on the road this time, with no visible Peyton neck problems and minimal Peyton noodle-arm problems.  Denver challenges Houston for #2 in the AFC. 

On the bottom end of the scale, we now have one genuinely awful bunny at #32, the Kansas City Chiefs, produced by Scott Pioli, coached by Romeo Crennell.  That Matt Cassel trade has now gone sour. 

1. sf   12.9   (last wk. 1)

2. ne   12.8   (last wk. 2)

3. hou   12.2   (last wk. 4)

4. chi   12.1   (last wk. 8)

5. den   12.1   (last wk. 7)

6. atl   11.2   (last wk. 3)

7. gb   10.9   (last wk. 5)

8. nyg   10.3   (last wk. 6)

9. sea   10.3   (last wk. 12)

10. dal   9.4   (last wk. 9)

11. pit   9.3   (last wk. 10)

12. car   9.1   (last wk. 20)

13. tb   8.9   (last wk. 16)

14. det   8.9   (last wk. 18)

15. mia   8.4   (last wk. 15)

16. nyj   8.2   (last wk. 17)

17. bal   7.9   (last wk. 13)

18. sd   7.6   (last wk. 11)

19. min   7.5   (last wk. 19)

20. stl   7.2   (last wk. 30)

21. was   6.5   (last wk. 23)

22. az   6.4   (last wk. 31)

23. phi   6.3   (last wk. 26)

24. buf   6.1   (last wk. 29)

25. ind   5.8   (last wk. 25)

26. no   5.3   (last wk. 14)

27. cin   5.2   (last wk. 22)

28. oak   5.0   (last wk. 21)

29. cle   4.8   (last wk. 24)

30. ten   3.6   (last wk. 28)

31. jac   3.2   (last wk. 27)

32. kc   0.6   (last wk. 32)

On to my week 10 point spreads:  With pricey Green Bay’s nice cruise over Arizona above and beyond all those points, my games of the week are up to 5-2 with two pushes.  Woo Hoo!

Visitor/Home/My Points/Vegas/The Difference

phi   no    0.7   3.0   -2.3

ind   jac    1.4   -3.0   4.4

buf   ne    13.8   11.0   2.8

ten   mia    8.3   6.0   2.3

sd   tb    6.2   3.0   3.2

det   min    0.7   -2.0   2.7

den   car    -1.1   -4.0   2.9

atl   no    -4.6   -3.0   -1.6

nyg   cin    -5.8   -4.0   -1.8

oak   bal    11.1   7.5   3.6

nyj   sea    7.0   6.5   0.5

dal   phi    -3.1   -1.0   -2.1

stl   sf    12.8   11.5   1.3

hou   chi    2.6   1.5   1.1

kc   pit    15.7   12.0   3.7

About one week per year I hit a dead spot where no game stands out.  I feel obligated to garbage-pick a game.  Um, er, my best available choices are Jacksonville, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.  I try to avoid huge overdogs unless the choice is overwhelming, so that takes Pitt and maybe Balt off.  That leaves Jacksonville, the second-worst horse on the track.  Jacksonville has been beaten badly by Houston, Cincinnati, Chicago and Detroit, which pushes them way down the food chain but those are good teams.  They’re competitive against ordinary teams.  If they have any home pride against the long-dominant Colts they’ll be hungry for at least one victory.  The gambling public gives nothing for a team that’s lost five straight games.  They want three game winning streaks such as the new, improved Indy sports, despite those three victories being against lower-quality teams and two of them at home. 

The Colts had a nice close victory over Miami at their oil company dome.  They get their shot at New England in 10 days, so there’s a slight air of a trap game here.  The Colts, the worst defense in the NFL, have lost both of their starting cornerbacks for this game, and my numbers don’t necessarily reflect this latest injury information.  Losing one CB is sort of bad, but losing two probably means that Indy must start some other team’s castoff such as Darius Butler.  The Colts have lots of other injuries also.  Finally, I wonder how the dome Colts will play under a black sky and banks of floodlights.

Since I don’t have any huge favorites this week, what have you got?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: WEEK TEN NFL PICKS and

In response to JintsFan's comment:

Texans vs Bears must watch game

If the Bears win, it puts New England within whomping distance of homefield advantage through the playoffs.  All they'd have to do is beat Houston at home and otherwise stay even with Houston and everybody.  I'm assuming that Baltimore will collapse a bit.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

If the Bears win, it puts New England within whomping distance of homefield advantage through the playoffs.  All they'd have to do is beat Houston at home and otherwise stay even with Houston and everybody.  I'm assuming that Baltimore will collapse a bit.

well u have more of a rooting interest with the pats angle i am just looking forward to it as a football fan

Bears win.  I can say this, Cutler is toughest son of a gun and THE BEST Delivery in football. Not even brady and manning can match it.

PS: I am a PATS fan, so dont blow up on it

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

In response to sam0377's comment:

well u have more of a rooting interest with the pats angle i am just looking forward to it as a football fan

Bears win.  I can say this, Cutler is toughest son of a gun and THE BEST Delivery in football. Not even brady and manning can match it.

u have cajones posting that here!   :  )

its the truth isnt it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

PS: PATs are going to super bowl. I dont see texans or steelers  stopping them. Denver wont be even in consideration. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

its the truth isnt it

maybe...texans are tough

cutler the best delivery? id have to think about that one

Oh i can bet on that one. He is the tough son of B after farve and he can sling better than anyone out there. 

I am not claiming he is accurate or anything but its just handsomeish if that a word.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

its the truth isnt it

maybe...texans are tough

cutler the best delivery? id have to think about that one

Oh i can bet on that one. He is the tough son of B after farve and he can sling better than anyone out there. 

I am not claiming he is accurate or anything but its just handsomeish if that a word.

he does have a very strong arm yeah

of come on, i am not rusty so i am not going to argue, but the tapes speaks for itself. If i can cutler has the best throw in pro football.  Am i 

Stretching

it?

Sections
Shortcuts