Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Great Caesar's ghost...let the whining and the knashing of teeth END!!! Its' one lousy regular season loss!! Lets' move on to Week 3, of whats' appearing to be a wide-open, run for the roses season...in both conferences. The "Game of the Week", without bias or prejudice entering into the equasion, is:

1.) Atlanta Falcons (+4) @ New England Patriots: Young gunslinger Matt Ryan, in a homecoming of sorts, faces off against former top gun, Tom Brady. Brady is vying to regain the mantle that was once his. Though I expect the Patriots to play better this week, their defense is still a huge question mark. Joey Galloway is deadweight on what was a record setting offense. Randy Moss and Wes Welker are both questionable. Nonetheless, I can't go against my boys.  
    PICK: Patriots;

2.) Tennessee Titans (+2.5) @ NY Jets: The Jets will suffer a letdown after their huge win (for them) last week. Its' curtains for the Titans in 2009, if they lose this one.
    PICK: Titans; 

3.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+4) @ Houston Texans: The much maligned Matt Schaub had his best game as a pro last week in Tennessee. The Jaguars look like a 4-12 team, at best. Remember, the Pats' own their second round draft choice.
    PICK: Texans;

4.) Kansas City Chiefs (+9.5) @ Philadelphia Eagles: 
    With a healthy Donavan McNabb, the Eagles would be good enough to win, and cover. Without him, they may not be even good enough to win.
    PICK: Chiefs;

5.) Cleveland Browns (+13.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: Many feel that the Browns are the worst team in the AFC. Still, 13.5 is an awful lot of points to spot any NFL team (save, of course, the Lions).
    PICK: Browns;

6.) NY Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+6.5):
    Hard to believe that, just two years ago, the Bucs were considered a SB threat...and played the Giants in a  playoff game in Tampa (losing, 24-14). These teams are clearly heading in opposite directions, now.
    PICK: Giants;

7.) Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions (+6.5): Could be the week where the knashing of teeth finally ends for frustrated Lions' fans? No.
    PICK: Redskins;

8.) Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams (+6.5): Packers are not playing well. Meanwhile, the Rams are not particularly talented...but at least are playing hard.
    PICK: Rams;

9.) San Francisco 49ers (+6.5) @ Minnesota Vikings:
    Mike Singletary has his 9ers playing inspired football. Though his team may not win, they're a good bet to cover.
    PICK: 49ers;

10.) Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (+2.5):
    Cutler and his Bears were very lucky to beat the Steelers last week. Even with the injured Matt Hasselbeck, I sense an upset.
    PICK: Seahawks;

11.) New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills (+6):
    Drew Brees may be taking aim at Tom Brady's record of 50 TD passes in a season. 
    PICK: Saints;

12.) Miami Dolphins (+6) @ San Diego Chargers: Dolphins are probably a bit warn out after losing in the heat last Monday night. They're "D" couldn't stop Peyton Manning. It won't be able to stop Philip Rivers and company, either.
    PICK: Chargers;

13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4): But for a fluke play, the Bengals would be 2-0 now. The Steelers are physically hurting after two straight very physical games. Huge early season divisional game for the Bengals...but not enough of a spread to pick 'em.
    PICK: Steelers; 

14.) Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders (+1):
    Credit Josh McDaniels for taking the public opinion bull by the horns, thus far. Broncos appear to be team that doesn't beat themselves. But, as we all know, the Raiders are a different story.
    PICK: Broncos;

15.) Indianapolis Colts (+2) @ Arizona Cardinals: Colts should be exhausted after war of attrition with the Dolphins on Monday night. Nonetheless...the Colts as two point dogs?
    PICK: Colts;

16.) Carolina Panthers (+9) @ Dallas Cowboys: How many "delhommes" will Jake serve up on Monday night?
    PICK: Cowboys.

Best Bets: Saints, Chargers.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Re: Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. I am not sure the Pats Cover.... they may squeak a win. Pick Falcons

2. Titans - Must Win/ Jets Let-Down

3. Texans

4. Eagles

5. Ravens

6. Giants

7. Lions

8. Packers

9. Vikings

10. Bears

11. Saints

12. Dolphins - Must Win for Fins

13. Steelers

14. Broncos

15. Colts

16. Cowboys

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
         Great Caesar's ghost...let the whining and the knashing of teeth END!!! Its' one lousy regular season loss!! Lets' move on to Week 3, of whats' appearing to be a wide-open, run for the roses season...in both conferences. The "Game of the Week", without bias or prejudice entering into the equasion, is: 1.) Atlanta Falcons (+4) @ New England Patriots: Young gunslinger Matt Ryan, in a homecoming of sorts, faces off against former top gun, Tom Brady. Brady is vying to regain the mantle that was once his. Despite some very  mediocre play over the first two weeks, the Patriots have been installed as 4 point favorites against the undefeated Falcons. Though I expect the Patriots to play better this week...their defense is still a huge question mark, and WR Joey Galloway is deadweight on what was a record setting offense.  PICK: Patriots; 2.) Tennessee Titans (+2.5) @ NY Jets: The Jets will suffer a letdown after their huge win (for them) last week. Its' curtains for the Titans in 2009, if they lose this one. PICK: Titans;  3.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+4) @ Houston Texans: The much maligned Matt Schaub had his best game as a pro last week in Tennessee. The Jaguars look like a 4-12 team, at best. Remember, the Pats' own their second round draft choice. PICK: Texans; 4.) Kansas City Chiefs (+9.5) @ Philadelphia Eagles:  With a healthy Donavan McNabb, the Eagles would be good enough to win, and cover. Without him, they may not be even good enough to win. PICK: Chiefs; 5.) Cleveland Browns (+13.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: Many feel that the Browns are the worst team in the AFC. Still, 13.5 is an awful lot of points to spot any NFL team (save, of course, the Lions). PICK: Browns; 6.) NY Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+6.5): Hard to believe that, just two years ago, the Bucs were considered a SB threat...and played the Giants in a  playoff game in Tampa (losing, 24-14). These teams are clearly heading in opposite directions, now. PICK: Giants; 7.) Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions (+6.5): Could be the week where the knashing of teeth finally ends for frustrated Lions' fans? No. PICK: Redskins; 8.) Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams (+6.5): Packers are not playing well. Meanwhile, the Rams are not particularly talented...but at least are playing hard. PICK: Rams; 9.) San Francisco 49ers (+6.5) @ Minnesota Vikings: Mike Singletary has his 9ers playing inspired football. Though his team may not win, they're a good bet to cover. PICK: 49ers; 10.) Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (+2.5): Cutler and his Bears were very lucky to beat the Steelers last week. Even with the injured Matt Hasselbeck, I sense an upset. PICK: Seahawks; 11.) New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills (+6): Drew Brees may be taking aim at Tom Brady's record of 50 TD passes in a season.  PICK: Saints; 12.) Miami Dolphins (+6) @ San Diego Chargers: Dolphins are probably a bit warn out after losing in the heat last Monday night. They're "D" couldn't stop Peyton Manning. It won't be able to stop Philip Rivers and company, either. PICK: Chargers; 13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4): But for a fluke play, the Bengals would be 2-0 now. The Steelers are physically hurting after two straight very physical games. Huge early season divisional game for the Bengals...but not enough of a spread to pick 'em. PICK: Steelers;  14.) Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders (+1): Credit Josh McDaniels for taking the public opinion bull by the horns, thus far. Broncos appear to be team that doesn't beat themselves. But, as we all know, the Raiders are a different story. PICK: Broncos; 15.) Indianapolis Colts (+2) @ Arizona Cardinals:  Colts should be exhausted after war of attrition with the Dolphins on Monday night. Nonetheless...the Colts as two point dogs? PICK: Colts; 16.) Carolina Panthers (+9) @ Dallas Cowboys: How many "delhommes" will Jake serve up on Monday night? PICK: Cowboys.      Best Bets: Saints, Chargers.      Thoughts?                   
    Posted by TexasPat3

1/ Patriots - I think NE is due to bounce back big and Atlanta is due for a let down right about now.

2/ Titans - Same reason as in 1)

3/ Texans - Jax is well on its way to Detroit-like football disaster

4/ Chiefs - Taking KC along with the points

5/ Ravens - Although the spread, at first glance, seems high: the Ravens' much improved offense along with its traditionnally tough defense makes it very possible.

6/ Giants - Tampa Bay doesn't know how to win, Giants do.

7/ Washington - Against the Lions...enough said!

8/ Green Bay - Packers are still much better than the Rams

9/ 49'ers - I'll take SF and the points...I think that Diva Favre & Co. are due for a nasty surprise or two at the hands of the Samurai's crew....

10/ Bears - Cutler may be a pain in the @#%$ but Seattle won't be able to stop him.

11/ Saints - Bills are not the team that can test Drew Brees led offense.

12/ Chargers - Dolphins won't be able to stop SD either after MNF.

13/ Bengals - I can see Cincy getting Lady Luck on its side for a change at the Steelers' expense.

14/ Broncos - Oakland seems more and more like the Hotel California of the NFL: "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"...

15/ Colts - Cardinals have all of the tools to be a Saints' clone but can't seem to get any consistency...something that Peyton Manning, love him or hate him, has no problem achieving.

16/ Cowboys - Cool Hand Jake has turned into Dead Hand Joke...should be one of Dallas' easiest victories this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    In Response to Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : 1/ Patriots - I think NE is due to bounce back big and Atlanta is due for a let down right about now. 2/ Titans - Same reason as in 1) 3/ Texans - Jax is well on its way to Detroit-like football disaster 4/ Chiefs - Taking KC along with the points 5/ Ravens - Although the spread, at first glance, seems high: the Ravens' much improved offense along with its traditionnally tough defense makes it very possible. 6/ Giants - Tampa Bay doesn't know how to win, Giants do. 7/ Washington - Against the Lions...enough said! 8/ Green Bay - Packers are still much better than the Rams 9/ 49'ers - I'll take SF and the points...I think that Diva Favre & Co. are due for a nasty surprise or two at the hands of the Samurai's crew.... 10/ Bears - Cutler may be a pain in the @#%$ but Seattle won't be able to stop him. 11/ Saints - Bills are not the team that can test Drew Brees led offense. 12/ Chargers - Dolphins won't be able to stop SD either after MNF. 13/ Bengals - I can see Cincy getting Lady Luck on its side for a change at the Steelers' expense. 14/ Broncos - Oakland seems more and more like the Hotel California of the NFL: "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"... 15/ Colts - Cardinals have all of the tools to be a Saints' clone but can't seem to get any consistency...something that Peyton Manning, love him or hate him, has no problem achieving. 16/ Cowboys - Cool Hand Jake has turned into Dead Hand Joke...should be one of Dallas' easiest victories this year.
    Posted by Belenus555

Hopefully, Wes Welker is ready to go this week. If no Welker, I'd probably pick Atlanta, and take the points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Packers bounce back big Time. No one can stop the saints yet. Chargers win, and Pats get on track with a big win. Best Bets Saints, Brocos,Packers. Good Post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The only thing I see here that doesn't make sense is San Francisco. The 'Niners strength plays right into the strength of the Vikings D. In a battle of elite running backs, I'll take Adrian Peteson "all day," as he likes to say. It's possible to throw the ball against Minnesota . . .  but Frisco doesn't look like the team to get that done.

And I'd would probably consult with my physician anytime I picked the Rams to win anything.

( I might also point out that the Pats look shaky at best against Atlanta  . . .  but I'm an inveterate homer, so I would never say that.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The only thing I see here that doesn't make sense is San Francisco. The 'Niners strength plays right into the strength of the Vikings D. In a battle of elite running backs, I'll take Adrian Peteson "all day," as he likes to say. It's possible to throw the ball against Minnesota . . .  but Frisco doesn't look like the team to get that done.

RESPONSE:  I'm taking the 49ers, plus the points.

And I'd would probably consult with my physician anytime I picked the Rams to win anything.

RESPONSE: I don't expect the Rams to necessarily win, but I'm picking them to cover.

( I might also point out that the Pats look shaky at best against Atlanta  . . .  but I'm an inveterate homer, so I would never say that.)

RESPONSE: I too am tempted to take the Falcons...and would, plus the points, if I knew for sure that Wes Welker was a no go. Welker is the key to the Pats' offense.

Posted by prairiemike

Mike...who do you think has the best team in the AFC, and NFC? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Quick question TP are you picking the winner outright or the line?

Outright winners -

Atlanta i- f both d's are suspect, I'll take atlanta's o over the pats o.  Atlanta will not cover

Jets - Totally agree with the let down assessment, but I think Tenn may have team strife that will get in the way of their prep, and I like Fisher.  

Texans - Jags are a mess. Texans will cover.

Chiefs - getting too many points playing a back up.  

Ravens - no confidence in the browns.  Points be damned.

AZ - Colts too exhausted on D.  Short week and traveling.  Will play vanilla d, give Warner time who will shred the colts.  Colts win if AZ decides to change their identity and run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'm not real confident about the pats this week. They better step it up big time or they'll  find themselves out of it before the bye week. I'm hoping to see nunn or aiken getting a shot to replace the hugely disappointing galloway. I'll take them but prepare to see people lined up on the Zakim if they blow this one.
    Love the titans over the jets. Titans looked real good in week one and probably should have come away with a win over the stealers. jests are pretenders.
    I'd also go with miami just because the dolts never seem to be able to win a big game against quality opponents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

so far, i am even with TP--4 differences each week--2 correct each week

this week 5 differences:

1)  Falcons with the +4  (i cannot lose here)

2) Packers over Rams

3) Vikings will cover with 49ers

4)  Bears over Seahawks

5)  Dolphins will cover and/or win with Chargers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Packers bounce back big Time. No one can stop the saints yet. Chargers win, and Pats get on track with a big win. Best Bets Saints, Brocos,Packers. Good Post
    Posted by patriots44

The way things are going so far, Saints QB Drew Brees may have a shot at eclipsing Tom Brady's record of 50 TD passes in one season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" :      Mike...who do you think has the best team in the AFC, and NFC? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

With very little to go on at this point, I think Blue New Jersey is the class of the NFC and Baltimore is atop the AFC.

I have absolutely no faith in N'awlins in the long run and the Vikings haven't played anybody yet. I'll be watching the Vikes-'Niners game with great interest. The Steelers and the Pats look dreadful for reasons that I can't really explain -- I watched some of the Chicago-Bitchburgh game and the evidence of my own senses does not explain how the Steelers lost that game. I think we can take Green New Jersey at its word when it says it just won the Super Bowl. How the Jests deal with a wounded and cornered Tennessee team will probably tell us all we need to know about where each of those teams is right now (and where it is headed). The Colts . . .   beating J.Ville and Miami shows me exactly nothing, but the Colts will be in the mix.

It's only week three, and I expect both New England and Bitchburgh to be their December selves when December rolls around, and I like Philadelphia in the NFC, but I'm comfortable right now with Baltimore and New Jersey (Blue).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : With very little to go on at this point, I think Blue New Jersey is the class of the NFC and Baltimore is atop the AFC.

RESPONSE: I'm not sold on the Ravens. Their "fearsome" "D" has given up alot of points to the Chiefs and Chargers, in back to back weeks. But for SD's inability to score inside the 5 yardline, they would have beaten the Ravens fairly easily.
         As for the G-men, I tend to agree. They appear to be the most well balanced team in the game right now.

I have absolutely no faith in N'awlins in the long run and the Vikings haven't played anybody yet.

RESPONSE: Gotta like what Drew Brees has been doing. Putting up an avalanche of points on Philly's ddefense, in Philly, was impressive. If the Saints are able to go into Buffalo and handle the Bills easily, they may be for real.

I'll be watching the Vikes-'Niners game with great interest.

RESPONSE: Me too. I expect a close game.

The Steelers and the Pats look dreadful for reasons that I can't really explain -- I watched some of the Chicago-Bitchburgh game and the evidence of my own senses does not explain how the Steelers lost that game.

RESPONSE: Can't explain why the Pats "look dreadful"? How about injuries to key players (Welker and Mayo), a suspect secondary, and a front 7 that can't pressure the opposing QB.
         As for the Steelers, they beat a tough Tennessee team at home. The Bears were extremely lucky to beat them in a game played in the great equalizer...a downpour. You might recall  that the Steelers beat the 1-15 "fail-fast first" Dolphins just 3-0, in a downpour in London in 2007). Furthermore, injuries to NT Casey Hampton, SS Troy Polamalu, and nagging nicks to WR Santonio Holmes haven't helped.

I think we can take Green New Jersey at its word when it says it just won the Super Bowl. How the Jests deal with a wounded and cornered Tennessee team will probably tell us all we need to know about where each of those teams is right now (and where it is headed).

RESPONSE: Agreed. A win over the tough Titans, coming on the heels of their "SB win" against the Pats, would be impressive.  

The Colts . . .   beating J.Ville and Miami shows me exactly nothing, but the Colts will be in the mix.

RESPONSE: If Indy goes into Arizona and wins after their tough Monday night win, that would be impressive. 

It's only week three, and I expect both New England and Bitchburgh to be their December selves when December rolls around, and I like Philadelphia in the NFC, but I'm comfortable right now with Baltimore and New Jersey (Blue).
    Posted by prairiemike

I agree that iits' very early...and that the Pats and Steelers will be in the mix in December.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mike and All:

Heres' a very good "whats' wrong with the Pats" article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/259846-what-can-we-really-expect-from-the-2009-new-england-patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

1.) Atlanta Falcons (+4) @ New England Patriots: 4 points? Brady vs Ryan. The vet is going to school the kid. I say 27-20 PICK: Patriots;

2.) Tennessee Titans (+2.5) @ NY Jets: The Jets are playing well and sanchez is the real deal. Its' curtains for the Titans in 2009. Kerry Collins stinks! PICK: Jets; 

3.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+4) @ Houston Texans: The much maligned Matt Schaub had his best game as a pro last week in Tennessee. The Jaguars look like a 4-12 team, at best. Remember, the Pats' own their second round draft choice. AGREE PICK: Texans;

4.) Kansas City Chiefs (+9.5) @ Philadelphia Eagles:  With a healthy Donavan McNabb, the Eagles would be good enough to win, and cover. Without him, they may not be even good enough to win. AGREE PICK: Chiefs;

5.) Cleveland Browns (+13.5) @ Baltimore Ravens: Many feel that the Browns are the worst team in the AFC. They are! I saw the Ravens in person last week, their offense is clicking and the D held off SD who played very good in a loss. with no passing the Browns will lose big in this one PICK: Ravens;

6.) NY Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+6.5): Leftwich needs to prove more to me first PICK: Giants;

7.) Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions (+6.5): Could be the week where the knashing of teeth finally ends for frustrated Lions' fans? Yes. PICK: Lions;

8.) Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams (+6.5): Packers rebound PICK: Packers;

9.) San Francisco 49ers (+6.5) @ Minnesota Vikings: Mike Singletary has his 9ers playing inspired football. Though his team may not win, they're a good bet to cover. Concur PICK: 49ers;

10.) Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (+2.5): Cutler and his Bears were very lucky to beat the Steelers last week. Even with the injured Matt Hasselbeck, I sense an upset. This is Jay Cutler on the road in the loudest stadium in the NFL PICK: Seahawks;

11.) New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills (+6): Drew Brees will break Tom Brady's record of 50 TD passes in a season.  PICK: Saints;

12.) Miami Dolphins (+6) @ San Diego Chargers: The Chargers played well enough to win last week. The fish travel across country after a huge letdown. Philip Rivers passed for 436 yards torching the ravens DBs. Miami has 2 rookie DBs.  PICK: Chargers;

13.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (+4): But for a luke play, the Bengals would be 2-0 now. The Steelers are physically hurting after two straight very physical games. Huge early season divisional game for the Bengals...but not enough of a spread to pick 'em. PICK: Steelers; 

14.) Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders (+1): Raiders Oline looked pretty stinkin' good the past 2 weeks. Can Russell pass at all? PICK: Raiders;

15.) Indianapolis Colts (+2) @ Arizona Cardinals: The Colts swagger turns to mourning, Plus AZ has a better QB PICK: Cards;

16.) Carolina Panthers (+9) @ Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys by 25 PICK: Cowboys.      Best Bets: Cowboys, Chargers.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bolt:

The injury bug has really bitten hard on both the Chargers and Patriots thus far. If things like injuries really do even out, relatively healthy teams like the Ravens and Jets will eventually have their day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Bolt:      The injury bug has really bitten hard on both the Chargers and Patriots thus far. If things like injuries really do even out, relatively healthy teams like the Ravens and Jets will eventually have their day.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Tex:
    That's the way it goes sometimes. The Chargers had 5 starters out for the first home game. Rivers was on fire, tossing for 436. Should've won the Raven game. the Ravens DTs are beasts. 
    in regard to the Jest- 'pride cometh before the fall'
    since Tuesday was the first day of fall, doesn't that mean the jets downfall started on Monday?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike and All:      Heres' a very good "whats' wrong with the Pats" article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/259846-what-can-we-really-expect-from-the-2009-new-england-patriots
    Posted by TexasPat3

From an outsider, the perspective seems spot on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

The Chargers had 5 starters out for the first home game. Rivers was on fire, tossing for 436. Should've won the Raven game. the Ravens DTs are beasts. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Chargers had 5 starters out for the first home game. Rivers was on fire, tossing for 436. Should've won the Raven game. the Ravens DTs are beasts. 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

J, I have no idea what your posts means, guess I touched a nerve....oh well.
    That sound you here is the Chargets window closing 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Its' been reported that Mark Sanchez has tendonitis regarding his right knee. In college, it was his left knee which game him trouble. This bears watching: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/09/25/2009-09-25_mark_sanchez_listed_on_jets_injury_report.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

J, I have no idea what your posts means, guess I touched a nerve....oh well. That sound you here is the Chargets window closing 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Harley:

With apologies to my buddy Bolt, you are right on the money. At the end of this year, LT is gone (actually, hes' gone already...even though hes' still on the team), Merriman is gone (although that may be a case of addition by subtraction), Sproles is likely gone, Gates becomes a free agent one year later,  and aging NT Jamal Williams is likely done.

Not good. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

More frustrating, bad news for the Patriots...as injuries continue to pile up. Randy Moss is said to be "questionable" for the Atlanta game: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m9d25-Randy-Moss-joins-Wes-Welker-on-the-Patriots-injury-report-listed-as-questionable-for-Sundays-game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Week Three NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" :      Harley:      With apologies to my buddy Bolt, you are right on the money. At the end of this year, LT is gone (actually, hes' gone already...even though hes' still on the team), Merriman is gone (although that may be a case of addition by subtraction), Sproles is likely gone, Gates becomes a free agent one year later,  and aging NT Jamal Williams is likely done.      Not good.           
    Posted by TexasPat3

LT has yet to show he's lost it. Health at the beginning of the post season is the goal. Merriman, like Brady, is coming back from serious injury. Both are showing flashes of past success, but, are not there yet- especially Brady. Anybody can see he's off. Sproles will tagged or long term tendered, period. Gates we'll see. Williams is  a concern. I would much rather have SD, then, an inexperienced for/in the postseason Patriot roster. Wilhite is proving to be Hobbs like. To say things over and done with after just 2 games for either SD or NE is Jet lingo.  

Sections
Shortcuts