WEEK TWELVE NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

WEEK TWELVE NFL PICKS and "Game of the Week"

All my numbers saw was some miserable Indianapolis 6-3 team on a roll, returning from their bye week and being used as a scrubee.  A team that can consistently crush the living daylights out of any other team is probably a #1 team. 

My numbers are blind to Gronk's broken arm so knock off perhaps three points on the Jets game and one point on the week 13 game.  Drop another point for an injured Chandler Jones, a necessity in any Jets game because the Sanchize can't handle any pressure at all.  After two weeks my stats will be pretty much reading what's happening on the ground.  Because the Pats have plenty of capable backup skill players including Edelman and secret superstar tight end Daniel Fells, it's not an utter disaster.  Also, the Patriots play a team much better the second time, and this time the Jets have had no prep time.  Brady had an easy afternoon at the office on Sunday, so that helps too.  Finally, if the Jets are a self-destructive bunch late in the season, now's a pretty good time to lose it completely.

San Francisco got its little matter of a tie versus a worthless worm behind them with a whaling on Chicago at home.  Maybe last week was their trap game.  Houston showed off its own ability to struggle against peons with their overtime escape versus Jacksonville. 

At the other end of the line, Kansas City demonstrated that on rare occasions a team can score less than zero on my open-ended scale.  That's because my power ratings are used for my point spreads, and KC is not a life form anymore. 

1          ne            14.1            (last wk. 2)

2          sf            13.3            (last wk. 3)

3          hou            12.5            (last wk. 1)

4          sea            11.7            (last wk. 4)

5          den            11.6            (last wk. 5)

6          gb            11.3            (last wk. 6)

7          atl            10.1            (last wk. 9)

8          chi            9.9            (last wk. 7)

9          tb            9.8            (last wk. 11)

10        bal            9.4            (last wk. 12)

11        car            9.3            (last wk. 8)

12        min            9.1            (last wk. 13)

13        dal            9.1            (last wk. 10)

14        nyg            9.0            (last wk. 14)

15        nyj            8.6            (last wk. 23)

16        no            8.4            (last wk. 18)

17        buf            7.9            (last wk. 15)

18        was            7.6            (last wk. 21)

19        cin            7.6            (last wk. 24)

20        pit            7.5            (last wk. 16)

21        sd            7.5            (last wk. 17)

22        det            7.3            (last wk. 20)

23        mia            7.0            (last wk. 22)

24        az            6.8            (last wk. 26)

25        stl            6.2            (last wk. 19)

26        ind            6.0            (last wk. 25)

27        cle            5.5            (last wk. 28)

28        ten            5.2            (last wk. 27)

29        phi            2.9            (last wk. 29)

30        jac            2.3            (last wk. 31)

31        oak            2.0            (last wk. 30)

32        kc            -0.3            (last wk. 32)

My week 12 point spreads:

Visitor/Home/My Points/The Gambling Public’s Opinion/Difference

hou       det                               -2.7            -3.5            0.8

was      dal                                4.9            3.0            1.9

ne         nyj                                -6.0            -7.0            1.0

sea       mia                               -1.9            -3.0            1.1

ten        jac                                -2.5            -3.0            0.5

atl         tb                                 0.4            -1.0            1.4

buf       ind                                0.9            3.0            -2.1

min       chi                                1.1            5.0            -3.9

pit        cle                                -1.3            0.5            -1.8

den       kc                                -14.3            -10.5            -3.8

oak      cin                                12.1            8.0            4.1

bal        sd                                 7.2            0.0            7.2

stl         az                                 4.8            2.5            2.3

sf          no                                0.4            -1.0            1.4

gb        nyg                               5.0            3.5            1.5

Last week I sacrificed myself again for the honor of having a "Game of the Week" every single week.  Two sacrifices in a row have brought me down to 5-4 with two pushes.  Bleaugh!  I know, but when you don't gamble for money, honor counts for something.

On second thought, that's baloney.  You really want to see me beat up Vegas for once. 

This week we have a nice legitimate call.  Baltimore, historically a real tiger at home and a wuss on the road, plays all the way across the country in warm, sunny San Diego, another tiger at home and wuss on the road.  Baltimore may be playing like a 9-7 team and Sandy Eggo like a 7-9 team, but if the Eggos really want a wild card this year, there's nobody on the remaining schedule that they can't at least compete with.  Four of their last six games are at home.  One is at the Jets.  One is against Byron Leftwich at Pittsburgh.  Just get past Baltimore.

The Eggos didn't appear to be particularly injured at the Denver game, but Baltimore is a really creaky old defense.  Worse, this game smells exactly like a trap game for Baltimore.  What if Baltimore can only beat Pittsburgh by 3 points one week and then Baltimore loses to Pitts two weeks later? 

bal        sd                                 7.2            0.0            7.2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: WEEK TWELVE NFL PICKS and

Ill take Romeo crennel and 10.5 at home against peyton...  also buffalo to put major hurtin on Luck and colts, after their bubble was burst last week...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: WEEK TWELVE NFL PICKS and

Well, I don't have to move New England any higher because of the latest crushing.  They're already at #1 in the NFL.  My flash power ratings have the Pats winning 15.2 games out of 16 if the season started tomorrow.  I'm suspicious of my numbers up in the stratosphere where radar tracks Santa, space junk and occasional incoming ICBMs, but New England is going offense crazy.

Right now I have New England as 9.8 point favorites against Miami in ten days.   I'm entertaining the possibility that Miami will also crumble under the mounting pressure of not making the playoffs. 

Buffalo over Luck has some minor legs.  Teams tend to perform horribly the week after being crushed by the Patriots. 

Sections
Shortcuts