WEEK TWO NFL PICKS, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

WEEK TWO NFL PICKS, and "Game of the Week"

Picking myself off the mat after an awful first week of picking games. A ton of upsets and/or near upsets upsetted my apple cart, as I guaranteed myself a top 10 draft choice with my selections.  I can see why few of the "experts" now venture to pick against the spread...instead confining their picks to merely who wins or loses. Yet, I find it more challenging and entertaining to do so. Thus, despite my failings, I'll soldier on...LOL!! Here are my Week Two picks, with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) (1-0) San Francisco 49ers (+3) @ (1-0) Seattle Seahawks: Huge divisional battle between perhaps the top two teams in the league. Both scored wins over good teams last week, with the 49ers besting Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at home, and the Seahawks beating Cam Newton and the improved Carolina Panthers on the road. Though the 49ers put up 34 points against the Packers, as veteran WR Anquan Boldin posted a 200 plus yards receiving game, the Seattle defense is a different animal. The Seahawks are generally 10 points better when playing at home, than when on the road. Look for some old school physical football, in the Pacific Northwest: PICK: Seahawks;

2.) (1-0) NY Jets (+12.5) @ (1-0) New England Patriots: The Patriots barely beat the Bills, and are without top weapons like Gronk, Shane Vereen, and possibly Danny Amendola.  So, who will Brady have to throw to? Yet, the Pats are favored by nearly two TDs? This speaks volumes about the residual respect that the Pats have earned over the years...and how the Gotham Goblins are so lightly regarded. Still, with all their injury problems at the skilled positions, can BB pull a rabit out of his hoodie, and design a game plan, leading to a blow-out? I'd like to think that, somehow, someway, YES! The Jets won't win, but (fumble), with all the injuries that the Pats have, I doubt that they'll in by 13 points or more. Still: PICK: Patriots;

3.) (0-1) San Diego Chargers (+7) @ (1-0) Philadelphia Eagles: The Chargers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against the Texans last week, while the Eagles were impressive in befuddling a good Washington defense. Yes...Chip Kelly's system works in the NFL, as it has brought both WR DeSean Jackson and RB LeSean McCoy back to life. Still, it's only a matter of time before his talented but brittle QB, Michael Vick, is forced to the sidelines again with an injury. But, that won't happen this week: PICK: Eagles;

4.) (0-1) Cleveland Browns (+6.5) @ (0-1) Baltimore Ravens: The "great and powerful" AFC North teams have yet to win a game, this season. The Browns look awful in losing at home to Miami, while the Ravens were humiliated by the Denver Horseface. The QB match-up of Brandon Weeden v. Joe Flacco should be worth at least a TD to the Ravens: PICK: Ravens;

5.) (1-0) Tennessee Titans (+8.5) @ (1-0) Houston Texans: Tennessee is a physical, ground and pound team, that has no passing attack. Houston is a physical, ground and pound team, that has a passing attack: PICK: Texans;

6.) (1-0) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ (1-0) Indianapolis Colts: The Colts had unexpected trouble last week with the Raiders. Miami is trying to pull off a difficult daily double of winning back to back games on the road: PICK: Dolphins;

7.) (0-1) Carolina Panthers @ (0-1) Buffalo Bills (+3): The Panthers are improved, and gave Seattle all they could handle last week. The Bills have a slew of injuries in their secondary. It's Cam Newton v. .J. Manuel. I'll take Cam: PICK: Panthers;

8.) (1-0) St. Louis Rams (+7) @ (0-1) Atlanta Falcons: Last week in New Orleans, the Falcons were rolling, until QB Matt Ryan took off on a run, and got smashed by rookie safety Kenny Vacaro. Thereafter, "Matty Ice" was never the same, confident guy. A wise man once said that the opposing QB must go down, and must go down hard. I don't think we'll see that this week. Still, the NFC West teams are collectively a young, physical, talented lot. This could be a very good game. PICK: Atlanta;

9.) (0-1) Washington Redskins (+7) @ (0-1) Green Bay Packers: A huge game for both teams, coming off frustrating losses. I like the Packers to win at home. But, a 7 point spread seems a tad high: PICK: Redskins;

10.) (1-0) Dallas Cowboys (+2.5) @ (1-0) Kansas City Chiefs: Though Dallas came away with a win last week over the turnover prone Giants, they also came away with injuries to key players. QB Tony Romo suffered bruised ribs, and WR Dez Bryant sprained his foot. Though both are expected to play, it's doubtful that they'll be at their best. The Chiefs will be on the warpath this week: PICK: Chiefs;

11.) (0-1) Minnesota Vikings (+6.5) @ (1-0) Chicago Bears: The QB pondering should be over in Minnesota. Christian Ponder must be replaced by Matt Casell sooner, rather than later. How did Adrian Peterson break a 70 plus yard run last week, on the first play from scrimmage, and not finish with a 100 yard rushing game? PICK: Bears;

12.) (1-0) New Orleans Saints @ (0-1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3): Hard to believe that the Bucs could lose to the Jets, and yet only be three point dogs against Drew Brees and the Saints: PICK: Saints;

13.) (1-0) Detroit Lions @ (0-1) Arizona Cardinals (+1): A battle of great WRs, Detroit's Calvin Johnson v. Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald. Points won't be at a premium in this one: PICK: Lions;

14.) (0-1) Jacksonville Jaguars (+6) @ (0-1) Oakland Raiders: The Jaguars have a chance this week, since "starting QB" Blaine Gabbert is out with an injury. Still, you have to like the way QB Terrelle Prior played last week. The Raiders may have found themselves a QB: PICK: Raiders;

15.) (1-0) Denver Broncos @ (0-1) NY Giants (+5.5): The Giants have no RBs of consequence. So...despite his two fumbles last week, they may have to again rely on David Wilson. This should be an entertaining, high scoring affair: PICK: Broncos;

16.) (0-1) Pittsburgh Steelers (+7) @ (0-1) Cincinnati Bengals: Are the Steelers really as bad as they looked last week against the Titans? PICK: Bengals.

You're comments are welcome, especially regarding the Jets @ Pats game. I don't like the spreads this week. Many of these games, I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. That said, here are my BEST BETS:

Broncos, Saints, Chiefs, Panthers.            

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: WEEK TWO NFL PICKS, and

Bleacher Report picks the Jets to upset the Pats, 23-20: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1766322-nfl-predictions-week-2-underdogs-that-will-shock-postseason-contenders 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - TP...  someone is right sometimes.  Bleacher Report is taking a chance to be one of them and generate raised eyebrows!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Which teams showed something in week 1:

At the top of the list, Philadelphia demonstrated that their new hurry-up can be implemented quickly and that it works like crazy.  Washington should be a good team with an improving quarterback, but all of a sudden they were 27 points down with two minutes to go in the third quarter.  My 2012 numbers had Washington winning by 4 points.  What changed?

Kansas City showed that experienced coach Andy Reid can clear the dead wood out of a dispirited team and shape the rest of the team up.  Was Jacksonville that horrible?  My open-ended stats have Jacksonville winning significantly below zero games this year.  I’ll work on that problem some day, but I need open-ended statistics to get reasonable point spreads. 

Denver showed something.  Their offense is humming along with vast amounts of experience.  The only downside of experience is age, which may or may not be a problem for Denver in December.  Wes Welker, for all of his famous drops, is usually open.  Denver’s game has that fresh leather scent of an NFL-quality pigskin coming straight from the factory.  On the other hand, Baltimore’s pass defense smells like a pig’s bladder.

Tennessee did better than expected.  Pittsburgh was off.  Miami beating Cleveland was no great shakes because Cleveland is under construction.  New Orleans is back in business and so is Detroit.  Something’s wrong with the Giants, and it might be Pierre-Paul.

My 2012 numbers had New England up by 9.  They squeaked past Buffalo by 2.  Some of this can be traced to a ten point play, a run straight up the middle where nobody touched Ridley so Buffalo gets little enough credit.  The fumble took New England out of easy field goal position plus Buffalo got a free 7 points.  Next, Tom Brady had an unforced fumble that blew a good chance at a touchdown and that simultaneously took Buffalo 15 yards away from being backed up on their own 1 foot line. 

My sense of the game is that Buffalo had terrible execution with stupid penalties all over the place.  Manuel needs to learn not to pass to players in positions where they will only get whacked and cough up the ball.  I’ll cut Buffalo a slight amount of credit for their hurry-up and for their skilled players, but this was one injured team laying in a new offense and defense with a side order of a demand to be traded.  Perhaps a normal week of practice will help them a bit. 

The Ridley problem will be partially corrected by putting Blount, Bolden and Washington on the field with moderate dropoff, but New England deserves to take a step backwards when KT gets 4 pass completions on a whopping 14 tries, twice stepping out of bounds like a dumb rookie, and when all of the other hot (lukewarm) rookies get zero pass completions.  Then there was that Buffalo wide-open touchdown pass. 

My Power Ratings and Rankings 

1          sea            14.6            (last year 1)

2          den            14.3            (last year 4)

3          sf            12.7            (last year 3)

4          ne            12.6            (last year 2)

5          gb            12.5            (last year 5)

6          hou            10.2            (last year 13)

7          atl            9.9            (last year 7)

8          mia            9.8            (last year 16)

9          cin            9.6            (last year 14)

10        no            9.3            (last year 18)

11        chi            9.3            (last year 11)

12        car            8.9            (last year 10)

13        dal            8.9            (last year 17)

14        bal            8.3            (last year 6)

15        min            8.1            (last year 9)

16        det            8.1            (last year 24)

17        stl            7.8            (last year 15)

18        phi            7.7            (last year 28)

19        buf            7.6            (last year 26)

20        az            7.3            (last year 23)

21        sd            7.2            (last year 20)

22        nyg            7.1            (last year 8)

23        ten            7.1            (last year 29)

24        tb            6.8            (last year 21)

25        ind            5.9            (last year 22)

26        nyj            5.7            (last year 27)

27        pit            4.6            (last year 19)

28        kc            4.5            (last year 32)

29        was            3.8            (last year 12)

30        oak            3.6            (last year 30)

31        cle            3.6            (last year 25)

32        jac            -1.6            (last year 31)

My own point spreads for week 2:

Visitor/home/my points / the gambling public’s opinion / difference

nyj        ne                                 11.3            12.0            -0.7

dal        kc                                -4.0            3.0            7.0

min       chi                                5.6            6.5            -0.9

car       buf                               0.9            -3            3.9

cle        bal                                11.7            6.5            5.2

was      gb                                17.9            7.5            10.4

sd         phi                                4.9            7            -2.1

ten        hou                               6.2            8.5            -2.3

stl         atl                                 8.2            7.5            0.7

mia       ind                                -1.6            3            -4.6

det       az                                 5.0            -1            6.0

no        tb                                 -2.2            -2.5            0.3

den       nyg                               -8.4            -4.5            -3.9

jac        oak                              12.7            6            6.7

sf          sea                               8.4            2            6.4

pit        cin                                9.2            7            2.2

Last week’s game of the week, always a bit of a shot in the dark after preseason, came through for a 1-0 record.  This week my numbers should at least start to tighten up.

Game of the Week, week 2:  Washington at Green Bay is screaming.  I thought that Green Bay comported themselves well in hostile Frisco.  What if Philly was only half of the reason that Washington didn’t work out last week?  Why was Philly’s defense stuffing the Red Skins’ offense?  Green Bay on top of the points.

Would it help if someday the Red Skins could play some team called the Glasgow Woad Raiders, who all play naked in their blue-dyed skin?  Washington would have to borrow some skin dye from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

Other picks:

Jacksonville was pathetic at home.  Now they go cross-country.

Seattle did a good job cross-country.  SF struggled a bit against Green Bay, considering.

Leaners:

KC is the fastest-moving team on the board, they’re kind of hot, so I’m only calling this one a leaner for Dallas. 

Baltimore’s offense was somewhat game last week.  Cleveland laid down at home because of their coaching change.  This one leans toward Baltimore on top of the points.

cle        bal                                11.7            6.5            5.2

Miami is a lean to keep going.  Perhaps Tannehill got better over the summer.

12 points is a lot for the Jets game, and the Patriots are somewhat injured.  No call, but a tiny lean away from touching the overly rich Patriots spread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Looks like some very good early season matchups! Good thing the Pats are off Sunday so I can really enjoy the other games.  Gonna take a while before the spreads make sense. I wouldnt touch the N.E. game with 12 pts but I think we will win. Maybe 10 pts with a 4th quarter FG to seal the deal. Pats win 23-13. Big Game from Ridley on the ground. Thompkins comes back with better game and Edleman continues to help out. The Defense is gonna have its moments making Geno look bad(not hard to do) but he will make some plays. Just hope we can get out with NO Injuries!

thx for the write up Tex!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Bumping this up because TFB was looking for it. guess he was too busy arguing with Rally to notice.  I can't pick over/under. as many times as it has been explained to me i still don't get it.  It must be that dumb blond thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Bumping this up because TFB was looking for it. guess he was too busy arguing with Rally to notice.  I can't pick over/under. as many times as it has been explained to me i still don't get it.  It must be that dumb blond thing.

Good morning, Gamer! I'm sure that you're anything but a "dumb blonde"...LOL!!

The way it works is like this: The Patriots are 12.5 point favorites to beat the Jets. So, if you were to play the spread, and take the Patriots, they would have to beat the Jets by 13 points or more for you to win. If you took the Jets, you would win if they beat the Patriots, or if they lost by less than 13 points.

I took the Patriots, and "gave" the points. It's a bad call. With all the injuries that the Pats have, who is Tom Terrific going to be able to throw to? No Amendola, no Gronk, no Sudfelds, no Vereen coming out of the backfield. His likely targets will be Julian Edelman in the slot, Thompkins and Josh Boyce at WRs, and Michael Hoosmanawanui at TE.

Not good. So...I guess I'm being "a homer" this week...LOL!!!     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Didn't the Seahawks have SF's number last year?  It seems Seattle matches up well against the 49er's.

The Pats had turnovers that ended up as TDs.  I can't see them duplicating that so I can see the spread being that big.  But does Ridley hold on to the ball and do the rookie WRs learn their lessons from the first game.  I say things improve.  Pats cover the spread.  Buffalo's offense is way more talented and the defense showed up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Pats play their best when everything seems against them. They cover, 35-10.

Just win, baby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Didn't the Seahawks have SF's number last year?  It seems Seattle matches up well against the 49er's.

RESPONSE: The 49ers beat them, 13-6, at Candlestick Park, on October 18, 2012...but the Seahawks buried the 49ers in the rematch in Seattle on December 23rd, 42-13.

The Pats had turnovers that ended up as TDs.  I can't see them duplicating that so I can see the spread being that big.  But does Ridley hold on to the ball and do the rookie WRs learn their lessons from the first game.  I say things improve.  Pats cover the spread.  Buffalo's offense is way more talented and the defense showed up.

RESPONSE: I picked them to cover...but that's a whole lot of points to spot another team. The Jets are really pointing to this game, trying to erase the memories of that Thanksgiving night blowout in Jersey when the Pats crushed them, 49-19, in the "Butt-fumble Game". The Jets are already spouting off: 

“You can’t forget it. I don’t think nobody’s going to forget until we beat ’em this year,” reserve cornerback Ellis Lankster said. “That’s real motivation. We ain’t really brought it up, but everybody still knows what they did to us.” Lankster then smiled and said, "If Rex hates 'em, we hate 'em. "Rex really wants this game, so we're going to make sure he gets it" "Rex wants his revenge, so we're going to make sure he gets it, so Rex can smile at the end of the day" 

http://nypost.com/2013/09/11/jets-eager-to-erase-buttfumble-memories-vs-patriots/ 

It remains to be seen if Rex gets to "smile at the end of the day".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Which teams showed something in week 1:

At the top of the list, Philadelphia demonstrated that their new hurry-up can be implemented quickly and that it works like crazy.  Washington should be a good team with an improving quarterback, but all of a sudden they were 27 points down with two minutes to go in the third quarter.  My 2012 numbers had Washington winning by 4 points.  What changed?

Kansas City showed that experienced coach Andy Reid can clear the dead wood out of a dispirited team and shape the rest of the team up.  Was Jacksonville that horrible?  My open-ended stats have Jacksonville winning significantly below zero games this year.  I’ll work on that problem some day, but I need open-ended statistics to get reasonable point spreads. 

Denver showed something.  Their offense is humming along with vast amounts of experience.  The only downside of experience is age, which may or may not be a problem for Denver in December.  Wes Welker, for all of his famous drops, is usually open.  Denver’s game has that fresh leather scent of an NFL-quality pigskin coming straight from the factory.  On the other hand, Baltimore’s pass defense smells like a pig’s bladder.

Tennessee did better than expected.  Pittsburgh was off.  Miami beating Cleveland was no great shakes because Cleveland is under construction.  New Orleans is back in business and so is Detroit.  Something’s wrong with the Giants, and it might be Pierre-Paul.

My 2012 numbers had New England up by 9.  They squeaked past Buffalo by 2.  Some of this can be traced to a ten point play, a run straight up the middle where nobody touched Ridley so Buffalo gets little enough credit.  The fumble took New England out of easy field goal position plus Buffalo got a free 7 points.  Next, Tom Brady had an unforced fumble that blew a good chance at a touchdown and that simultaneously took Buffalo 15 yards away from being backed up on their own 1 foot line. 

My sense of the game is that Buffalo had terrible execution with stupid penalties all over the place.  Manuel needs to learn not to pass to players in positions where they will only get whacked and cough up the ball.  I’ll cut Buffalo a slight amount of credit for their hurry-up and for their skilled players, but this was one injured team laying in a new offense and defense with a side order of a demand to be traded.  Perhaps a normal week of practice will help them a bit. 

The Ridley problem will be partially corrected by putting Blount, Bolden and Washington on the field with moderate dropoff, but New England deserves to take a step backwards when KT gets 4 pass completions on a whopping 14 tries, twice stepping out of bounds like a dumb rookie, and when all of the other hot (lukewarm) rookies get zero pass completions.  Then there was that Buffalo wide-open touchdown pass. 

My Power Ratings and Rankings 

1          sea            14.6            (last year 1)

2          den            14.3            (last year 4)

3          sf            12.7            (last year 3)

4          ne            12.6            (last year 2)

5          gb            12.5            (last year 5)

6          hou            10.2            (last year 13)

7          atl            9.9            (last year 7)

8          mia            9.8            (last year 16)

9          cin            9.6            (last year 14)

10        no            9.3            (last year 18)

11        chi            9.3            (last year 11)

12        car            8.9            (last year 10)

13        dal            8.9            (last year 17)

14        bal            8.3            (last year 6)

15        min            8.1            (last year 9)

16        det            8.1            (last year 24)

17        stl            7.8            (last year 15)

18        phi            7.7            (last year 28)

19        buf            7.6            (last year 26)

20        az            7.3            (last year 23)

21        sd            7.2            (last year 20)

22        nyg            7.1            (last year 8)

23        ten            7.1            (last year 29)

24        tb            6.8            (last year 21)

25        ind            5.9            (last year 22)

26        nyj            5.7            (last year 27)

27        pit            4.6            (last year 19)

28        kc            4.5            (last year 32)

29        was            3.8            (last year 12)

30        oak            3.6            (last year 30)

31        cle            3.6            (last year 25)

32        jac            -1.6            (last year 31)

My own point spreads for week 2:

Visitor/home/my points / the gambling public’s opinion / difference

nyj        ne                                 11.3            12.0            -0.7

min       chi                                5.6            6.5            -0.9

car       buf                               0.9            -3            3.9

sd         phi                                4.9            7            -2.1

ten        hou                               6.2            8.5            -2.3

stl         atl                                 8.2            7.5            0.7

det       az                                 5.0            -1            6.0

no        tb                                 -2.2            -2.5            0.3

den       nyg                               -8.4            -4.5            -3.9

pit        cin                                9.2            7            2.2

Last week’s game of the week, always a bit of a shot in the dark after preseason, came through for a 1-0 record.  This week my numbers should at least start to tighten up.

Game of the Week, week 2:  Washington at Green Bay is screaming.  I thought that Green Bay comported themselves well in hostile Frisco.  What if Philly was only half of the reason that Washington didn’t work out last week?  Why was Philly’s defense stuffing the Red Skins’ offense?  Green Bay on top of the points.

Would it help if someday the Red Skins could play some team called the Glasgow Woad Raiders, who all play naked in their blue-dyed skin?  Washington would have to borrow some skin dye from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

Other picks:

Jacksonville was pathetic at home.  Now they go cross-country.

Seattle did a good job cross-country.  SF struggled a bit against Green Bay, considering.

Leaners:

KC is the fastest-moving team on the board, they’re kind of hot, so I’m only calling this one a leaner for Dallas. 

Baltimore’s offense was somewhat game last week.  Cleveland laid down at home because of their coaching change.  This one leans toward Baltimore on top of the points.

Miami is a lean to keep going.  Perhaps Tannehill got better over the summer.

12 points is a lot for the Jets game, and the Patriots are somewhat injured.  No call, but a tiny lean away from touching the overly rich Patriots spread.

You have St L at 17. I think they will be one of the teams that exceeds expectations this year. Take another look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's a pretty good analysis on the Jets @ Pats game tonight:

KEY MATCHUP
    TE Kellen Winslow Jr. vs. S Steve Gregory and LB Jerod Mayo

The veteran Winslow, who was on the Patriots’ bloated TE roster last year, used his instincts and savvy to have a sensational opening week (7 receptions, 79 yards, 1 TD) as the one receiver who seemed to have some chemistry with Geno Smith. Of course, if Kellen Winslow is your go-to guy, it might say something about the receiving corps in general. The Patriots don’t have to game plan for Winslow, but he’ll have to fight through traffic at the line of scrimmage on creaky knees.

RELATED: MYERS: GREEN GENO HAS TALL TASK IN BILL & BRADY'S PATS

INJURY REPORT
    The Pats are hurting at the skill positions. WR Danny Amendola , Wes Welker’s replacement, is unlikely to play with a groin injury and would be replaced by Julian Edelman . RB Shane Vereen (wrist), coming off a career day, is on short term IR. Stevan Ridley , benched for fumbling, gets another chance. Although listed as doubtful, TE Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) will likely not make his return while backup Zach Sudfield deals with hamstring woes. For the Jets, WR Jeremy Kerley is out (concussion) while WR Santonio Holmes (foot) is hoping to get on the field more than he did in the opener.

SCOUT SAYS
    “We’re going to find out how terrific Tom Brady is. Edelman is his only proven receiver. Kenbrell Thompkins played Sunday and was targeted around 14 times but showed a total lack of awareness in this offense. The Bills were able to disguise their zone blitz, something the Jets will pick up on, and the Patriots’ center, ( Ryan ) Wendell , seemed to be tipping the snap count. We should see the same approach against Geno Smith as we did against EJ Manuel . The Patriots won’t come after him. They’ll be content to keep him in the pocket because his legs at this point are more dangerous than his arm.

INTANGIBLES
    This is not the walkover it once appeared to be. The Pats were hardly impressive in their opener against the Bills, a team they’ve owned, while the Jets showed signs of promise on defense in their fortunate win over the Bucs. With Tom Brady running short of weapons, the Patriots are suddenly vulnerable, and the Jets can come in with an “us against the world” mentality. Still, it’s Gillette Stadium, where the Pats have won their last four regular-season games against Rex’s team and are 10-1 in home openers, losing last year's to the Cardinals.

PREDICTION
    PATRIOTS, 20-13: Brady gets it done in the end, but the Jets put up a pretty good fight.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/playbook-jets-1-0-patriots-1-0-article-1.1453168#ixzz2eh07L7VB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Thanks Game for bumping th thread, as I was looking for it.  Yes, you are right in that thread where you pointed out that dude has a man crush on me.  LOL!!   Sometimes we have to go through that short term to clean up the board long term. Hopefully it has been solved and all can move on to a cleaner forum.

What are you talking about being a dumb blond?  You can talk football with the best.  And your fantasy team is scary good this season.  Now that TexasPat was nice enough to explain the point spread to you I would love to see your picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks for posting TP.  You weren't the only one who had an ugly week last week, I went 6-10 vs the spread.

This week we have 5 different.  For the differences I took... Cowboys, Packers, Colts, 49'ers, and..... Jets (ouch).  Hated to do it but 12.5 points is a lot with the Pats injuries.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

NYJ @ NEP
    STL @ ATL
    CLE @ BAL
    CAR @ BUF
    MIN @ CHI
    WAS @ GB
    TEN @ HOU
    MIA @ IND
    DAL @ KC