Weis back to the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Weis back to the NFL

I heard that Charlie Weis might be thinking about coming back to the NFL as a coordinator.  Do you guys think he would be a good fit back in NE?  I know that ESPN has said he is interested in the Chicago job, but what are the chances he comes back to the Pats for offensive coordinator?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Weis back to the NFL

Chicago fired their OC, that is Charlie's preffered destination.  If they offer it to him which i do not see why they wouldn't unless it is a difference of personalities between him and the head coach. 

I would love to have him back with NE, he only helped win three SBs why not have him back.  He's night and day from our current OC/water boy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

mike (ma)

Tedy,do you see any of Patriot's coordinators/coaches in the hot seat? I think we should try to get a new Special teams coach and def try to get a better O-coordinator if possible...

Tedy Bruschi

(2:50 PM)

Keep your ears open for a Charlie Weis hiring. I think that'd be a great fit for the Pats.

Saw this on Tedy's ESPN chat: 

I hope he knows something we don't know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

As a Notre Dame fan too, I didn't care for a lot of his play calling.  He did a great job calling plays for the Pats, but being a college coach just wasn't his gig. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well guess the only benefit of the Pats losing this weekend would be the fact they could focus on replacing our OC and DC. Thus they could get a chance to bring in Weis if he hasn't taken a job this week. Could end up being one of those short term pain long term gain scenarios. Just as long as O'Brien isn't the OC next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Fewell was a DC before, he still might be back at HC at Buffalo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Nah....Weis will be at Buffalo before Fewell is.  My guess is that IF Weis comes back to NE he will only stay a year MAYBE two, then try to get a HC job. 

I was also looking up the rumors on the NFL section at ESPN.com and it says that Brian Billick may be up for the Buffalo job.

Sections
Shortcuts