Weis to coach Kansas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Weis to coach Kansas

Bummer. I always wanted him back here but wish him luck! I really think his place is in the NFL and not college.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7332830/kansas-jayhawks-hire-charlie-weis-football-coach

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Weis to coach Kansas

In Response to Weis to coach Kansas:
    [QUOTE]Bummer. I always wanted him back here but wish him luck! I really think his place is in the NFL and not college. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7332830/kansas-jayhawks-hire-charlie-weis-football-coach
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

I agree he should be a head coach in the NFL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Weis to coach Kansas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Weis to coach Kansas : I agree he should be a head coach in the NFL
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Wow Gamer, you dyed your hair. Love the new color.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Weiss is all over the map, literally, Notre Dame, Kansas City, Florida, and now Kansas. I get the sense he really doesn't know what he wants to do, either that or he is just responding the the highest bidder. 

Lastly, there doesn't seem to be too much upset at any one place he has left (albeit NE).  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Great for Charlie. A vast improvement over Turner Gill.

He should be able to improve the offense alot. Hopefully he'll get a good defense coordinator, who can recruit blue chip defensive players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I dont' know how well his NFL-style offense translates into the simpleton Neanderthal college game, which is about systems

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm guessing Kansas will instantly have the best offense in college, and win the national championship, just like Notre Dame did!

;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Does any coach tell the truth???  He left Kansas City because he wanted to be near his family and for health reasons.  Then just like Urban Meyer, one year later, he is all better, screw the family and take the money and move.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Weis was an excellent recruiter at ND and fielded some really good offenses.  His problem was always putting together a competent defense.  Considering expectations at Kansas are not nearly what they are at ND and the shootout pass happy nature of the Big 12 he could fit in pretty well.  It will be interesting to see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Maybe if there are any leftover sweatsuits from the Mark Mangino era, they'll finally be put to good use.  Kidding aside, this guy just goes from job to job.  I'm putting the over/under on his time in Kansas at 3.5 seasons. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Does any coach tell the truth???  He left Kansas City because he wanted to be near his family and for health reasons.  Then just like Urban Meyer, one year later, he is all better, screw the family and take the money and move.....
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

the way I heard it, he was basically run out of KC by their head coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Weiss is all over the map, literally, Notre Dame, Kansas City, Florida, and now Kansas. I get the sense he really doesn't know what he wants to do, either that or he is just responding the the highest bidder.  Lastly, there doesn't seem to be too much upset at any one place he has left (albeit NE).  
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

I go with the highest bidder senerio.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weis to coach Kansas : the way I heard it, he was basically run out of KC by their head coach.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Thr truth. Because Weis is better at offensive game planning and he and Haley clashed.

Got to think if the Chiefs lose out Haley gets the boot and Romeo takes over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

This one's rather curious to me.  The last time he was a college HC (ND) he was at a school where football is king.  Kansas has a storied BBall program, but far less so in FBall, despite some recent success.  The conference he joins may well be decimated in a few years when the defections have left only the lower-tiered teams.

I have to believe he views this as a stepping-stone to some greater goal he has in mind.  He certainly needs to rehabilitate his image somewhat after he alienated quite a few folks at ND and KC.  He came across as very arrogant and that lowered his appeal (IMO) when jobs opened up for candidates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Who wouldn't go with the highest bidder?  I would leave my job in a heart beat if someone offered me more money!  I still keep hoping Weiss and Crennel will come back to NE but I know BB wants to prove he can do it without them and will never bring them back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

And Jim Mora Jr. to UCLA.  Aren't there any up and coming coaches in the college ranks?

Sections
Shortcuts