Welcome to the league, Pat Chung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Welcome to the league, Pat Chung

Nice to hear from you - we appreciated the blitzes, even if you're not allowed to "hit the QB violently" or let your helmet touch his chest (you must have to run backwards and make contact with your a*s*s).

I hope this is your breakout day.  Having three hard-hitting, ball-hawking safeties who can also help in the box would make the defense dangerously fast and versatile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Welcome to the league, Pat Chung

In Response to Welcome to the league, Pat Chung:
    [QUOTE]Nice to hear from you - we appreciated the blitzes, even if you're not allowed to "hit the QB violently" or let your helmet touch his chest (you must have to run backwards and make contact with your a*s*s). I hope this is your breakout day.  Having three hard-hitting, ball-hawking safeties who can also help in the box would make the defense dangerously fast and versatile.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I need to see the replay on that again. It looked to me like he had his head up. That was ridiculous. The refs had themselves covered on that play anyway with a backup penalty. I hope he doesn't change a thing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Chung wrapped up Henne and tackled him, he should of had 2 sacks, not his fault Henne has his own set of rules.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the pats are under a higher power microscope than other teams for some reason. henne has his own set of rules too i guess

In Response to Re: Welcome to the league, Pat Chung:
    [QUOTE]Chung wrapped up Henne and tackled him, he should of had 2 sacks, not his fault Henne has his own set of rules.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Chung wrapped up Henne and tackled him, he should of had 2 sacks, not his fault Henne has his own set of rules.
    LOL That's funny

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

<chuckle>

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

The league is becoming incredibly soft as we all know. I don't know how the guy can hit the quarterback in that situation and do it much cleaner. He will probably be fined for it because of the nature of the collision and he's a rookie. I just hope they continue to play with the same tenacity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Once the WSWNFLP group gets to Goodell, it will be official. The Women Who Sleep With NFL Players will convince Goodell to eliminate the only place that a QB can be legally hit now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Absurd call.  That was a sack, not roughing.  How else is he supposed to hit the QB. Henne's helmet was knocked back by whiplash, not helmet-to-helmet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

[QUOTE]Once the WSWNFLP group gets to Goodell, it will be official. The Women Who Sleep With NFL Players will convince Goodell to eliminate the only place that a QB can be legally hit now...
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Noooo.... see you are wrong because a Smart Woman sleeps with the Owner! Why would we lower ourselves to a puny minded quaterback that only makes millions, when we can have the puny minded owner that makes billions...Thats why we have a coochie and half that cash baby!!!           I think the problem is there are tooo many g ayy men in the league and they want to switch it that they have to tackle them by the a zzzz. Just a thought!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Looked to me like Pat buried his helmet in Henne's upper torso making it an easy call for the Ref.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Looked to me like Pat buried his helmet in Henne's upper torso making it an easy call for the Ref.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

HOW WAS HE SUPPOSED TO *NOT* HIT HENNE WITH HIS HELMET WHEN HE WAS A HUMAN BEING RUNNING FORWARD?!?!??!?!

The ONLY way to NOT hit someone with your helmet IS TO RUN BACKWARDS AND HIT A*S*S-FIRST!!!!!

Chung HAD HIS HEAD UP!!!  He did NOT spear Henne!  He MADE A PERFECT FORM TACKLE!!!!

When you look up how to make a PERFECT FORM TACKLE, you'll see a diagram of EXACTLY WHAT CHUNG DID.  AND HE WAS F*CK*NG FLAGGED FOR IT!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

That was form tackling at its finest. You know, there are some penalties, such as a delay of game penalty, that just irks the crapp out of you, but I'll take a 15 yarder every time Chung hits like that. You can't get any better of a hit than that.

After reviewing the play several times, the top of Chungs helmet hit the bottom of Henne's, but Chung's helmet was planted into the chest, head up (no spearing), and wrapped him up. You can't get any more textbook than that.

Keep it up Chung!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The good thing about the penalty was seeing the statistic that the Patriots have been called for the most 'roughing the passer' in the league this year, what was that Joey said about Brady getting all his calls? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Terrible, awful, pathetic, horrible call.  Chung used picture perfect tackling form to make that hit.  His head was up, he kept his helmet below Henne's head, and he wrapped up with his arms and took Henne to the ground.  Like someone mentioned, the whipping of Henne's neck was due to the sheer force of the hit.  There are no rules against hitting hard, just the form you use.  Chung's was perfect.  This has just got to stop.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

the hit was clean and the call was bs!

the ref could have called it on the other patriot defender as he drove a sholder into Henne's back as he was coming off a block, either way it was a bs call, let them play

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

He has to learn from this experience. He cannot continue to hit like that. He needs a better tech.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Pat Chung let me put it straight forward hes not going to make it in the pats defense i think he will be here for like 2-3 years he will be like a Eugene Wilson i think he would fit better in the Pittsburge defense Have maybe a couple good seasons but not have any breakout sesaon like a meariweather,or mcgowan i would like to see Bob sanders come in next season the colts are most likley going to release him after this season and he would be a great addition to our defense I dont like Pat Chung in this defense I could see him more as a linebacker/safety like they were going to use Tank williams

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]He has to learn from this experience. He cannot continue to hit like that. He needs a better tech.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you BB is telling him to continue to hit like that, i would not change a thing, lets hope he hits Manning like that, forget the bs penalty, that's good football.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the league, Pat Chung : HOW WAS HE SUPPOSED TO *NOT* HIT HENNE WITH HIS HELMET WHEN HE WAS A HUMAN BEING RUNNING FORWARD?!?!??!?! The ONLY way to NOT hit someone with your helmet IS TO RUN BACKWARDS AND HIT A*S*S-FIRST!!!!! Chung HAD HIS HEAD UP!!!  He did NOT spear Henne!  He MADE A PERFECT FORM TACKLE!!!! When you look up how to make a PERFECT FORM TACKLE, you'll see a diagram of EXACTLY WHAT CHUNG DID.  AND HE WAS F*CK*NG FLAGGED FOR IT!!!!!

I agree, but the rule says you cant lead with your helmet.  If Pat put his head outside Henne's numbers and planted his shoulder in the QB's torso there would of been no penalty.

Were at week 9, every player should know by now that the Refs have been, are and will continue to call anything close against the defensive player.

Like it or not, it is what it is.  Personally I don't like it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the league, Pat Chung : I agree, but the rule says you cant lead with your helmet.  If Pat put his head outside Henne's numbers and planted his shoulder in the QB's torso there would of been no penalty. Were at week 9, every player should know by now that the Refs have been, are and will continue to call anything close against the defensive player. Like it or not, it is what it is.  Personally I don't like it. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I understand your strict interpretation, but helmet-to-helmet wasn't for what he was specifically penalized.

He was called for roughing the passer.

There was no helmet-to-helmet contact.

It's really beyond me why a good, legal hit on a quarterback was penalized.  Please don't try to rationalize it as if it was right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

Didn't the ref actually call the penalty on Burgess (53) because Burgess was behind Henne, facing Henne's back, and Burgess made helmet-to-helmet contact?   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

I'M JUST HAPPY THAT CHUNGS COLLEGE REP OF BEING A HEAVY HITTER HAS FINALLY MATRICULATED* UP INTO HIS PRO CAREER .

* worlds best sports word...thanks Hank.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]Pat Chung let me put it straight forward hes not going to make it in the pats defense i think he will be here for like 2-3 years he will be like a Eugene Wilson i think he would fit better in the Pittsburge defense Have maybe a couple good seasons but not have any breakout sesaon like a meariweather,or mcgowan i would like to see Bob sanders come in next season the colts are most likley going to release him after this season and he would be a great addition to our defense I dont like Pat Chung in this defense I could see him more as a linebacker/safety like they were going to use Tank williams
    Posted by Zeoli42[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but what on EARTH are you talking about?  Chung not only fits this defense, but he is pretty much a prototypical Bill Belichick defense player.  Aggressive yet disciplined, VERSITILE (can play close to the line, or in deep coverage), excellent in the kicking game, good ball skills, and a good tackler.  

Bob Sanders plays around 4 games a year.  Chung will be a stud in this defense for years.  I'm sorry but your rant makes no sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Welcome to the league, Pat Chung:
    [QUOTE]Nice to hear from you - we appreciated the blitzes, even if you're not allowed to "hit the QB violently" or let your helmet touch his chest (you must have to run backwards and make contact with your a*s*s). I hope this is your breakout day.  Having three hard-hitting, ball-hawking safeties who can also help in the box would make the defense dangerously fast and versatile.
    Pat Chung, Brandon McGowan and Brandon Meriweather are changing the mindset that the Patriots backfield isn't physical. This game was a nice wake up call for the league. Chung's tackle on Henne was not a dirty play. That was a textbook tackle. I don't care what the ref's said and I'm glad he blew his (Henne) a*s up.
    Ted Ginn Jr. knew he was about to be knocked senseless 'cause Meriweather was back there waiting for him on the Dolphin's last drive of the game. That's why he dropped Henne's pass. This week's game against pass happy Indy will be a challenge. I expect even better results from them this week. 
    Call me an optimist...