Welker also had a torn rotator cuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Welker also had a torn rotator cuff

Here is a link to the article: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4991135

It says that Welker is recovering from his ACL surgery and also a torn rotator cuff.  Pretty crazy that he was out there playing with that shoulder injury, he's a tough guy. 

I think it should say something about the season last year - top 2 WR's were hurt, QB was beat to hell, etc. 

Can't wait to have all 3 back and healthy next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Welker also had a torn rotator cuff

I'm surprised he didn't get killed last year.  Brady lead him into many crushing hits and this punt returning thing needs to end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

What a tough SOB.  Seriously, if Welker is back playing next season Gillette Stadium should be renamed in his honor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Welker also had a torn rotator cuff:
    I'm surprised he didn't get killed last year.  Brady lead him into many crushing hits and this punt returning thing needs to end.
    Posted by Tcal2

I agree on all points. He's much too valuable a receiver to be returning punts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Love Welker, just don't think he's going to hold up for long taking the hits he takes. To bad really, if he played till he was 36 he'd probrably have 1000 or more carreer catches. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots haven't had a player like Welker in a long time, this guy gives his heart and body to win. hope all the new Patriots learn from him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Not a huge concern.

Stephania Bell (the ESPN injury analyst) said that she would expect Welker to be practicing in September, and playing in October, assuming there were no complications.

Going by this, and assuming that the rotator cuff injury won't impair his rehab on his knee, I see no reason why he won't he return next season.