Welker and Edelman stats - dead even at this point..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Welker and Edelman stats - dead even at this point..

This is just a weird coincidence but here are the stats for the two guys:

Receptions/Targets: Wes 73/110 and Julian 76/110

Yards: Wes 778 and Julian 775

Average yards/reception: Wes 10.7 and Julian 10.2

TD's: Wes 10 and Julian 5

Yards/game: Wes 59.8 and Julian 59.6

Yards after Catch: Wes 333 and Julian 337

I am not comparing the guys talent-wise. Wes is the better and certainly more experienced WR, IMO. However, other than TDs, the stats are eerily similar at this stage of the season. Found it weird and thought others might also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: Welker and Edelman stats - dead even at this point..

Who is this Welker guy you dare compare to the GOAT (punt returner wise).......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't think Wes is better. Edelman is proving it.

I got over Wes the day he lost us the SB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not comparing the guys talent-wise. Wes is the better and certainly more experienced WR, IMO. However, other than TDs, the stats are eerily similar at this stage of the season. Found it weird and thought others might also.

[/QUOTE]

Manning likes throwing when the Broncos are within 1st and goal territory a lot more than the Pats.  That may be the difference plus they are more efffective in the red zone than the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Manning likes throwing when the Broncos are within 1st and goal territory a lot more than the Pats.  That may be the difference plus they are more efffective in the red zone than the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Broncos as a team had 63 touchdowns this season to Patriots' 36. That might also explain it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wes may and probably will have the better career when it's all said and done, and Edelman's slow start hurt us even if the stats are the same now. 

But right now and into the playoffs, as long as Edelman is healthy I want him over Welker. I think he's a better and more versatile and tougher player right now. 

I don't know if he's as clutch as we need (too small a sample size), but I'm more than willing to find out. 

In the end, the Welker versus Amendola and/or Welker versus Edelman thing has proven pretty irrelevant (though it could become relevant in the postseason depending on how the guys play against each other if we play Denver). The real offensive issue is the problems we have had at the tight end position since last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Edleman has 3 games left to play:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wes may and probably will have the better career when it's all said and done, and Edelman's slow start hurt us even if the stats are the same now. 

But right now and into the playoffs, as long as Edelman is healthy I want him over Welker. I think he's a better and more versatile and tougher player right now. 

I don't know if he's as clutch as we need (too small a sample size), but I'm more than willing to find out. 

In the end, the Welker versus Amendola and/or Welker versus Edelman thing has proven pretty irrelevant (though it could become relevant in the postseason depending on how the guys play against each other if we play Denver). The real offensive issue is the problems we have had at the tight end position since last year.

[/QUOTE]

bostate warrior

"Edleman has 3 games left to play:)"

And isnt it funny = WW may be done real soon because of the concuss and both SA and J will be on the field in the playoffs???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bostate warrior

And isnt it funny = WW may be done real soon because of the concuss and both SA and J will be on the field in the playoffs???

[/QUOTE]

Concussion part is not so funny but the irony is not lost on me.  As Pats fans, we can light a candle and ask for Danny A's continued health.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bostate warrior

[/QUOTE]

Concussion part is not so funny but the irony is not lost on me.  As Pats fans, we can light a candle and ask for Danny A's continued health.

[/QUOTE]

it was funny "weird" not funny "ha ha"

I hate injuries to players , except those to head hunters aand the like

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You have to hand it to Edelman. He has stepped up and been able to remain on the field. He deserves appreciation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bostate warrior

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was funny "weird" not funny "ha ha"

I hate injuries to players , except those to head hunters aand the like

[/QUOTE]

I knew that you meant funny= weird, strange. I just wanted to be clear how our comments were intended.  Flash point is low about all things Welker on this board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It funny because WW wouldn't have the nine tds in our system but he would have had better/more consistent numbers then Julian does, probably around 95 catches on pace for 115 or so. Seems like the slot position garners consistent attention from Brady.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

yeah i know

At the start of the year I said it was too early to say we had to wait for the whole season to see about the JA and WW situation. I knew that something could happen with WW like any player - it just worked out that we seem to be better off now with DA and JE than WW. And the odds were the other way

And yes Babe JE desreves a ton of appreciation

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You have to hand it to Edelman. He has stepped up and been able to remain on the field. He deserves appreciation.

[/QUOTE]

He's going to get a raise.  He even did a good job when he was asked to play DB.  

To bad that he left Brady hanging a few weeks back.  That probably cost him some targets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The difference between the two of them is Wleker is on the downside of his career and one more concussion and he might be done for life, where as Edelman is in his prime and hopefully he can keep from breaking his own ankles...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the outfit from the night club.  Nice!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I especially like the scruffy look. He has that kind of attitude, I have noticed, even in interviews. Has a chip on his shoulder of some kind. I don't know what it is and don't care. It gives him fuel to get the most out of his ability and I say God Bless!

On a separate note, TFB12, man you have a mad talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I especially like the scruffy look. He has that kind of attitude, I have noticed, even in interviews. Has a chip on his shoulder of some kind. I don't know what it is and don't care. It gives him fuel to get the most out of his ability and I say God Bless!

On a separate note, TFB12, man you have a mad talent.

Thanks Neinmds.

No doubt Edelman has heart and love for the game.  He is willing to go out and play any position, do whatever is asked to help the team win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

You guys have not gotten over your ex-spouses or ex-girlfriends?  This repeated effort to denigrate a former player is getting tiresome. And Edelman was not re-signed to replace Welker, it is Amendola. So do your comparison between those two.  Edelman was left hanging out there after Welker signed with the Broncos, BB and the Pats should be thankful that he did not end up with another team.

Can't wait to see you guys dumping on Edelman if he leaves for free agency after this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys have not gotten over your ex-spouses or ex-girlfriends?  This repeated effort to denigrate a former player is getting tiresome. And Edelman was not re-signed to replace Welker, it is Amendola. Edelman was left hanging out there after Welker left, BB and the Pats should be thankful that he did not end up with another team.

Can't wait to see you guys dumping on Edelman if he leaves for free agency after this season.

[/QUOTE]

There is no disrespect intended for Wes in this thread, nomad. Love that guy. Hope he does awesome, except against the Pats. Just celebrating Edelman's achievements.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no disrespect intended for Wes in this thread, nomad. Love that guy. Hope he does awesome, except against the Pats. Just celebrating Edelman's achievements.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't mean you in particular. I also celebrate Edelman's break out as a player. But in some way, it is fairer to compare what Welker had done last year as a Pats to Edelman's stat for this year. Welker is on a new team, with a new QB, and he is one of the many  targets Manning has to throw to. Whereas Edelman has become nore or less the go to receiver for TB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

You guys have not gotten over your ex-spouses or ex-girlfriends?  This repeated effort to denigrate a former player is getting tiresome. And Edelman was not re-signed to replace Welker, it is Amendola. So do your comparison between those two.  Edelman was left hanging out there after Welker signed with the Broncos, BB and the Pats should be thankful that he did not end up with another team.

They all know. They have now shifted from talking up Amendola, he has not turned out to be anything close to what some here was saying he was going to be,  to praising Edelman.  And Edelman deserves it, he has done well, thank goodness.  I have always liked Edelman.  I'm sure Edelman would have stayed had they re-signed Welker.  That duo would have been great together.  Actually I would have like all 3 Welker, Edelman and Amendola but ...

I wonder with Amendola already signed, if Welker would have re-signed do you think they would have kept Edelman?

But like Neinmd wrote, this thread wasn't started with intentions to dump on Welker. 

Sections
Shortcuts