Welker and HGH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Welker and HGH?

I couldn't AGREE More...'cause honestly, Did you even SEE the movie trailers for "The Departed?"  I'm like, Yea- Leonardo DiCaprio goes from skinny weakling his ENTIRE life and career, to looking buff?!?  Same thing with Matt Damon, but dear God, ESPECIALLY DiCaprio...seriously, I mean I gotta work out for a decade and a half for the SAME muscle mass that this dude gets in a couple months?!  I don't care WhoTH your traine is, Or WhatTH your regimen...  It was alright when I looked at this guy and said, "O.k. man, 'Least your body's better than this guy."  But NOW what?!?  Honestly, If I EVER see DiCaprio I'll hit him in the head with a brick, Just ta show him that Not ALL things come easy in this life (although, I'm sort of unsure what the underlying metaphor would really be there, but I'd hit 'im anyway).  Seriously though, If I was a Hollywood A-Lister- I'd pobably do HGH too, why not?  Hollywood's a cutthroat business...football too, probably.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

was that a shun or what? didnt quite follow

ps gonna laugh my ### off when espn hears of this and cites "sources that follow the team"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Welker and HGH?:
    [QUOTE] Im no doctor, know nothing about medical science
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Welker and HGH?:
    [QUOTE]was that a shun or what? didnt quite follow ps gonna laugh my ### off when espn hears of this and cites "sources that follow the team"

Stop being ridiculous...Honestly, why on Earth would ESPN be following what Leonardo DiCaprio does?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Welker had knee surgery 2/3/2009, back on the field w/ no contact on approx. 8/1/2010. We really don't know how far along he is.

He's a professional athlete, has the "best" surgeons and trainers that money can buy. That's two advantages that us "normal" guys don't have.

A normal person getting this kind of surgery should be able to start running by 6-9 months. From personal experience, I was running by 9 months and playing bball again by 12 months. - but it took 2 years to be 90%.

Possible for a professional athlete? Yes. Possible w/ HGH? Yes. Welker's case? Don't know.

Football is what Welker does for a living. Sports is what "normal" guys do on a weekend when we only think we're weekend warriors....lol. However, because it's what some folks do for a living - the temptation to use HGH to get back to a certain level of performance is pretty high.   One doesn't have to look very far from our own back yard than Rodney Harrison. That being said - it doesn't mean one thing or another for Welker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't think he is that stupid.  I really don't.  Rodney left a sterling example that you CAN'T get away with it.  I think he is EXACTLY what we have come to know him as: diligent, hard working, and focused.  That should be enough to get him over the edge.  Remember these types of surgeries and their post surgical care have improved vastly, and all the information I got on how long it takes to recover came from analysts.  We all KNOW what a total fail they are. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The simple point Bubba's showing us from above, Is dualfold: There's finite numbers we need to take into consideration here, AND Far more importantly, these guys ARE Pros...  I mean, idk if I'd call them a "team" like you did flutie- Sure they've done some projects together, but neither One of these guys are d#mmies, ya know?:  Honestly, Scorcese ain't gonna do nothin to out 1 of these few-and-far-between, A-List meal tickets he needs, and Why would DiCaprio do something to make himSELF look bad?  Weird, weird thread...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't AGREE More...'cause honestly, Did you even SEE the movie trailers for "The Departed?"  I'm like, Yea- Leonardo DiCaprio goes from skinny weakling his ENTIRE life and career, to looking buff?!?  Same thing with Matt Damon, but dear God, ESPECIALLY DiCaprio...seriously, I mean I gotta work out for a decade and a half for the SAME muscle mass that this dude gets in a couple months?!  I don't care WhoTH your traine is, Or WhatTH your regimen...  It was alright when I looked at this guy and said, "O.k. man, 'Least your body's better than this guy."  But NOW what?!?  Honestly, If I EVER see DiCaprio I'll hit him in the head with a brick, Just ta show him that Not ALL things come easy in this life (although, I'm sort of unsure what the underlying metaphor would really be there, but I'd hit 'im anyway).  Seriously though, If I was a Hollywood A-Lister- I'd pobably do HGH too, why not?  Hollywood's a cutthroat business...football too, probably.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Wow! I thought I was the only one that wanted to hit Dicaprio with a brick. I don't even have a reason. Just watched Shutter Island and the Departed recently. Both were solid movies. I just have the urge to stike him. Maybe it's because he's so overrated.

I've never actually expressed this before. Usually I just nod and pretend to agree that he's an "amazing" actor. I guess it's just not worth the argument that would ensue.

As far as working out, I think it's a combination of training, diet and genetics. My dad was an amateur bodybuilder when he was younger. So I guess I'm lucky genetically. There was a guy a guy at work that claimed he has been lifting for ten years. And he made Welker look like the Hulk. So I guess it's different for everybody.

And no offense, but proper training can make a world of difference- not to mention the steroids most of these guys are on. It would be naive to think that actors and athletes are not going to look for anything that can give them an edge in their profession.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In Response to Welker and HGH?:
    [QUOTE]First of all dont worry, there is no evidence or article to back this up.  Welker is one of my favorite all time patriots (may not mean much to fans older than me, but i havent missed a game since 1994).  I love the guys work ethic, and watching him and brady is magic.   However, does anyone else think that its a bit strange how fast he recovered from his injury?  Im no doctor, know nothing about medical science, but I have never heard of anyone coming back from "this type of injury"(remember, not a doctor) as fast as he is apparently coming along.  I dont want to accuse, but myself and alot of other fans included, im sure, did not think that we would see welker on the field this season at all.  Could he have used HGH?  Rodney did a few years ago to get back on the field.  Could welker have done the same? Dont flame, just curious as to what other fans might think.

Frankly you deserve to be flamed!!! You have nothing to base your question on except that Welker is progressing faster than you thought. Pretty sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Without knowing the exact extent of the injury how can anyone base the time for recovery? Maybe this wasn't as bad as some related injuries can get and that's why he's where he is with regard to recovery.

At any rate and like some have already said, he's not stupid.

btw-don't try to come off to be the great WW fan you say you are and then acuse him of that. A real fan would be impressed by his dedication and work ethic. Not that he cheats. Do me a favor and don't be a fan 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Foregoing the obvious opportunity here (and yes it is difficult), here's my opinion on how Welker's done this WITHOUT HGH. 

As the winner of two ACL reconstructions in 12 months by a doctor who does nothing but them (former colts doc) and continues to research his patients even 20 years out, I've seen him do something different for real athletes. 

The common procedure is to take the middle 1/3 of the patellar tendon from the affected knee as the replacement for the ACL.  Ultimately this causes a second trauma to the affected knee which can delay rehab beyond the normal course of time. 

What I have seen my doc do for athletes (who agree to do it) is to take the portion of patellar tendon from the unaffected knee and use that as the ACL.  Yes, it creates a new trauma, but the docs evidence shows that rehab is significantly accelarated by having 2 minimally affected knees as opposed to one severely affected knee. 

To the doc rehab is the key.  I was working range of motion immediately out of surgery but it took 3 weeks to walk normally.  In a follow up visit 10 years later, I saw one of his patients one week post op who had the new procedure done and she was walking normally at 1 week post op.  I was floored. 

Don't know if this was what Welker did, but beyond that what Bubba said is correct.  These guys are pros.  They will rehab 4-8 hrs per day and then there are those that just recover quickly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Blast flutie66 all you want, but the truth of the matter is that we live in an age where this is not an unrealistic question. Personally, I don't put much credence in the theory, but to deny that it is, in fact, a possiblilty is to live with blinders on. Given what we've seen over the last 15 years or so -- particularly in baseball -- would lead any rational person to cast a withering eye on any athlete who appears to be able to do things that others can't. It's a sad commentary on human nature, but that's the world we live in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Blast flutie66 all you want, but the truth of the matter is that we live in an age where this is not an unrealistic question. Personally, I don't put much credence in the theory, but to deny that it is, in fact, a possiblilty is to live with blinders on. Given what we've seen over the last 15 years or so -- particularly in baseball -- would lead any rational person to cast a withering eye on any athlete who appears to be able to do things that others can't. It's a sad commentary on human nature, but that's the world we live in.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just live in the one that I'm in. The one that isn't going to assume someone is cheating first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : I guess I'll just live in the one that I'm in. The one that isn't going to assume someone is cheating first.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Unless of course its the colts, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : Unless of course its the colts, right?
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

And "Boom" goes the dynamite!

(except that Sam isn't really the target you're looking for)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : Unless of course its the colts, right?
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Doggggg, go back and find one post of mine that accuses the Cots of cheating. There's been a million posts that call out Polian but none have been mine.

We're too close to pre season games to have you try and get another 10 page thread on spy gate vs. Polian changing rules and PI calls.

Cut the crap

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : Doggggg, go back and find one post of mine that accuses the Cots of cheating. There's been a million posts that call out Polian but none have been mine. We're too close to pre season games to have you try and get another 10 page thread on spy gate vs. Polian changing rules and PI calls. Cut the crap
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]...first of all, I agree that WW is not going to take a chance on getting caught, but it was an interesting thought. He should however not be rushed too soon as you have a lot of other bodies to use until he's healed. Second, PLEASE don't start the SpyGate thing again. It brings out the worst in a lot of people

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : ...first of all, I agree that WW is not going to take a chance on getting caught, but it was an interesting thought. He should however not be rushed too soon as you have a lot of other bodies to use until he's healed. Second, PLEASE don't start the SpyGate thing again. It brings out the worst in a lot of people
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed, and if you see p-mikes post he's trying to get Tex to come out and play. This is a poat about WW, it has absolutely nothing to do with Indy doggggg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Im not even gonna lie i have entertained this thought especially within the past couple of weeks especially considering how ahead Welker seems to be in his recovery schedule.However im going to assume that he knows there is NO WAY he can get away with it because he is probably going to be under more of a scrutiny than other players due to his speedy recovery. Welker has defied the odds pretty much most of his career so unlimately i think this is just him being the little warrior that he is and not HGH.thats my take.     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sorry Sam - It was just some good natured fun.  I know you don't talk about the colts cheating, but you have been more vocal this offseason with regard to me.  I recommend trying a thicker skin - and not letting Pmike add any more bait to the hook.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Child please...

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I think Bubba and others summed it up nice...
    1. Every ACL/MCL injury is different
    2. Every human is different with different recovery times
    3. Wes was in tip top condition prior to the injury...he is an athletes athelete
    4. It's been 6 months plus since the injury
    5. Wes is tough as nails and probably approached rehab with a lot more vigor than most

Suppositions and guessing on something like this only lead to this becoming a story..which it clearly is not until IF he tests positive..The mere whisper of something like this can ruin a guys reputation. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

A friend of mine blew our his MCL and ACL for the third time while skiing. In three weeks he was able to climb stairs and walk without a brace. After two months on phyiscal therapy he was able to go back to the gym and run. This was after his third time doing it! He may not be able to ski again, but when I saw his results with no 'help' like HGH, then I can imagine Welker being back after 5-6 months without 'help'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Even if Welker used HGH it wouldn't turn a 12 month recuperation into a 6 month.
     Steroids etc help tissue heal faster but they don't  do miracles.

Welker is back "early" because his injury wasn't as bad as some people feared.   Remember it was only the ACL. The MCL healed by itself before the surgeon went in. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]    Even if Welker used HGH it wouldn't turn a 12 month recuperation into a 6 month.  Steroids etc help tissue heal faster but they don't  do miracles.   Welker is back "early" because his injury wasn't as bad as some people feared.   Remember it was only the ACL. The MCL healed by itself before the surgeon went in.      
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. Also why would such a high profile player like WW risk being suspended for an extra few weeks of recovery time? The league has been pretty good about the testing and the FBI continues to monitor individual players.

The ACL injury alone is usually a much quicker recovery time then say all 3 ligaments(Brady).

I still say bring Wes along slowly to ensure having him for end of year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if every player in the NFL has taken steroids.  I sure don't have muscles like these guys.

That said, I think that Welker was less injured than with most popped tendon injuries, I think he put more time into his rehab than average, and I think he had lots of trainers.

Sections
Shortcuts