Welker and HGH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Welker and HGH?

In Response to Re: Welker and HGH?:
    Sorry Sam - It was just some good natured fun.  I know you don't talk about the colts cheating, but you have been more vocal this offseason with regard to me.  I recommend trying a thicker skin - and not letting Pmike add any more bait to the hook.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Doggggg, that's because it took me all summer to get you to finally admit that Brady's been better than Manning this past decade. lol
    My skins thick enough, you know that and we both know that was your baited hook out there. You're fishing for Tex fish and they're not biting.

But seriously, the only reason we're saying his recovery is ahead of scheudle is because the media is telling us it is. We have no idea what the extent of the original injury was so to imply he's chaeting while saying you're a big fan to me is ridiculous.

If you're going to speculate maybe he's behind schedule

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

See - there you go.  you really do like those blinders.  But listen - I kinda side with you on this one.  Pmike is right, but no reason to assume everyone is dirty unless its cycling. 

Btw - I really don't want TP back on me.  Where I am concerned, he can't even be taken seriously anymore which is a shame.  I suppose that I drove him to that, so there is no one to blame but myself. 

How's pats TC been?  colts open today, apparently healthy and with everyone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

It's entirely possible that Welker's injury wasn't as serious as Carson Palmer's or Brady's. Those guys had their knees totally shredded by 230+ pound guys landing on them with their legs outstretched and in a vulnerable position.

Welker injured his on a non-contact play.

He may have had a lesser MCL tear, and a lesser ACL tear. We really don't know.

HGH is a possibility, sure, but he'd have to be pretty stupid to try that since a lot of guys are getting caught these days.

Also, with Brady and Palmer, their plant legs were involved, so you have to be 100% sure the reconstructed knee in the plant leg can handle the torque/stress that a QB places on it every time he goes back to pass.

Welker, right now, is able to run straight ahead and perform a few drills---we still don't know if he can make the dramatic cuts that have enabled him to accumulate so may YACs over the past few seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

So, if there's no evidence or article to back it up, why bring it up? Are you that bored that you want to create an issue when there isn't one? Stop being a drama queen or at least put your Star magazine and issue of TMZ down, it's affecting your thought process.
    But, hey, if there's no evidence or article to support it, maybe Belichick is the Steroid dealer on the team? Perhaps him and Brady are in cahoots to control the steroid distribution in the NFL? But, I have no evidence or article to support it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Most people also neglect the fact that it was a non-contact injury. Usually with non-contact injuries there is much less trauma to the other connecting tissues and structures in the injured area. Also with the tools available today (robotics and such) the proceedures are much less invasive and the rehabilitation can start much earlier. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to find Welker didn't take HGH.

On the other hand, in cases of injury while playing the game or during practices, I think, if there is a valid medical reason to use those kinds of drugs during recovery, the league should not preclude the player from being able to use every means possible to get back to what they were before the injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It's entirely possible that Welker's injury wasn't as serious as Carson Palmer's or Brady's. Those guys had their knees totally shredded by 230+ pound guys landing on them with their legs outstretched and in a vulnerable position. Welker injured his on a non-contact play. He may have had a lesser MCL tear, and a lesser ACL tear. We really don't know. HGH is a possibility, sure, but he'd have to be pretty stupid to try that since a lot of guys are getting caught these days. Also, with Brady and Palmer, their plant legs were involved, so you have to be 100% sure the reconstructed knee in the plant leg can handle the torque/stress that a QB places on it every time he goes back to pass. Welker, right now, is able to run straight ahead and perform a few drills---we still don't know if he can make the dramatic cuts that have enabled him to accumulate so may YACs over the past few seasons.
    Posted by hardright

I' ve seen him make some pretty solid cuts in his rehab so far. Also he was running cone drills etc. I see your point though and a game is totally different then practice. We need to take him slow to start the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Moron and Free Speech?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Before injury~ 5' 81/4" 175lbs   after injury~5' 9'' 180lbs

HGH HGH HGH

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Personally I could care less if he did use HGH.  The only reason it would bother me is because it's against the rules and would be considered cheating. But,  I think that it should not be against the rules when it come to major injury.  I would take it if my doc told me it would help speed up my recovery.   No question.  It's not like I would be using it for years at a time.   To recover from serious reconstructive surgery,  absolutely.  I think any highly paid professional athlete should be allowed to do whatever can be done to recover from a major injury.  Their livelyhoods depend on it.  That being said,  I don't think WW is the kind of athlete that would go against the rules.  So I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't care if he is or not but if he is I hope he shares the wealth with the rest of the team.
    NFL Players Take PEDs. Big deal. It's certainly not news at this point. The dumb ones get caught and the smart ones are careful not too.

Is there anyone out there that actually thinks Many Ramirez stopped doing them after he got caught or Albert Pujols doesn't do them?

The Problem with Welker's rehab is that when it first happened we had everyone in the media speculating on what the knee injury was and what the length of time for recovery was going to be. From what I can tell they were wrong on both counts.  It doesn't mean he needed Juice for the recovery it just means the media was praying against us and they were wrong again.

I'm just glad Welker was able to get back into football shape and he's looking beefed up a little.I just hope he kept his agility.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't care if he is or not but if he is I hope he shares the wealth with the rest of the team. NFL Players Take PEDs. Big deal. It's certainly not news at this point. The dumb ones get caught and the smart ones are careful not too. Is there anyone out there that actually thinks Many Ramirez stopped doing them after he got caught or Albert Pujols doesn't do them? The Problem with Welker's rehab is that when it first happened we had everyone in the media speculating on what the knee injury was and what the length of time for recovery was going to be. From what I can tell they were wrong on both counts.  It doesn't mean he needed Juice for the recovery it just means the media was praying against us and they were wrong again. I'm just glad Welker was able to get back into football shape and he's looking beefed up a little.I just hope he kept his agility.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Judging by this picture I would say he'll be as quick as ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I don't think it would be unreasonable to talk about "athletes" using HGH, but I think it is inappropriate to question Wes Welker, singularly, for his injury progress.  I'm not sure I buy into too many of these replies either.  For example, Wes Welker wouldn't do HGH b/c Rodney Harrison got caught?  Wasn't anybody caught before Harrison?  He did it.  Besides, what's the risk in missing four games, when you might miss 6 on the PUP list if you can't make it back in time?  By the way, The Departed had the most disappointing pulling together of a crappy ending at the last minute as any movie.  Inception was pretty good, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Welker had knee surgery 2/3/2009, back on the field w/ no contact on approx. 8/1/2010. We really don't know how far along he is. He's a professional athlete, has the "best" surgeons and trainers that money can buy. That's two advantages that us "normal" guys don't have. A normal person getting this kind of surgery should be able to start running by 6-9 months. From personal experience, I was running by 9 months and playing bball again by 12 months. - but it took 2 years to be 90%. Possible for a professional athlete? Yes. Possible w/ HGH? Yes...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I also have personal experience, at least as far as ACL goes.  Mine was probably about like yours time wise.  But, it was in 1992 and I suspect the techniques are somewhat better now.  But the relevant part of the story is that I rehabbed at the U of Miami and the trainers there were very aggressive.  I was in that place 3 hours a day five days a week.  A number of UM players were there working out and rehabbing, as well as NFL players and athletes who lived in the area.  I can tell you at that time they were talking that they thought it was possible to come back and play in four months if the moons aligned and a guy worked his tail off.  I never heard any talk of steroids or anything, but it wasn't a big topic at the time, as far as I knew.

So 18 years later I don't see why a guy with the work ethic of a Welker couldn't make it back on the field in 6 or 8 months.  I know though that you don't get back to where you were before a reconstruction for two years, at least that's what they say.  Does that mean Welker won't be the player he was?  Maybe, but doesn't mean he can't make it back for week 1.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : Judging by this picture I would say he'll be as quick as ever.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Tough to take down too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't think he is that stupid.  I really don't.  Rodney left a sterling example that you CAN'T get away with it.  I think he is EXACTLY what we have come to know him as: diligent, hard working, and focused.  That should be enough to get him over the edge.  Remember these types of surgeries and their post surgical care have improved vastly, and all the information I got on how long it takes to recover came from analysts.  We all KNOW what a total fail they are. 
    Posted by Davedsone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Rodney had the goods mailed to his house. Brilliant!!! What was he thinking? Welker should take a lesson from this. HGH is not very difficult to purchase. Done clandestinely and with a bit of smarts, it's more than possible. An HGH detection test is still not available. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Even if Welker used HGH it wouldn't turn a 12 month recuperation into a 6 month.  Steroids etc help tissue heal faster but they don't  do miracles.   Welker is back "early" because his injury wasn't as bad as some people feared.   Remember it was only the ACL. The MCL healed by itself before the surgeon went in.      
    Posted by Mungomunro

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

What was the injury to the MCL? If it was a tear, then it will not heal by itself. Especially in about a month's time when the surgeon actually did the procedure. The human body doesn't have that type of recuperative power. It had to be something minor. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't care if he is or not but if he is I hope he shares the wealth with the rest of the team. NFL Players Take PEDs. Big deal. It's certainly not news at this point. The dumb ones get caught and the smart ones are careful not too. Is there anyone out there that actually thinks Many Ramirez stopped doing them after he got caught or Albert Pujols doesn't do them? The Problem with Welker's rehab is that when it first happened we had everyone in the media speculating on what the knee injury was and what the length of time for recovery was going to be. From what I can tell they were wrong on both counts.  It doesn't mean he needed Juice for the recovery it just means the media was praying against us and they were wrong again. I'm just glad Welker was able to get back into football shape and he's looking beefed up a little.I just hope he kept his agility.
    Posted by ewhite1065

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

and in this corner......ding ding

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from capps. Show capps's posts

I'm really not surprise at all, given the advancement of medical technology and procedures, you're probably going to see the recovery time to be less with more and more of these types of injuries occuring.  Similar to tommy john injuries in baseball....
    Also, since sometimes dealing with the pain is mostly mental, it would help a lot to have a playboy model hanging on your side to take your mind off the pain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Foregoing the obvious opportunity here (and yes it is difficult), here's my opinion on how Welker's done this WITHOUT HGH.  As the winner of two ACL reconstructions in 12 months by a doctor who does nothing but them (former colts doc) and continues to research his patients even 20 years out, I've seen him do something different for real athletes.  The common procedure is to take the middle 1/3 of the patellar tendon from the affected knee as the replacement for the ACL.  Ultimately this causes a second trauma to the affected knee which can delay rehab beyond the normal course of time.  What I have seen my doc do for athletes (who agree to do it) is to take the portion of patellar tendon from the unaffected knee and use that as the ACL.  Yes, it creates a new trauma, but the docs evidence shows that rehab is significantly accelarated by having 2 minimally affected knees as opposed to one severely affected knee.  To the doc rehab is the key.  I was working range of motion immediately out of surgery but it took 3 weeks to walk normally.  In a follow up visit 10 years later, I saw one of his patients one week post op who had the new procedure done and she was walking normally at 1 week post op.  I was floored.  Don't know if this was what Welker did, but beyond that what Bubba said is correct.  These guys are pros.  They will rehab 4-8 hrs per day and then there are those that just recover quickly. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

There are 2 other options regarding tendons:
    Harvest it from one's own hamstring (vs. pattela) OR
    Harvest it from a corpse. When you harvest it from a corpse - u don't know how old the tendon might be, but.....

I guess if we wanted to REALLY speculate - we could accuse WW and his surgeon that they obtained an 18 year old tendon from an "underground source" specializing on harvesting body parts from unknown suspects - like some of the movies...lol. Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Before injury~ 5' 81/4" 175lbs   after injury~5' 9'' 180lbs HGH HGH HGH
    Posted by HRK103

One thing to note here, I took steriods in the 1980's for 8 months (4 Cycles). I can tell you this from experience, you dont get hurt or break body parts while you are on them, but 6 months to 3 years afterwards you very easily do. I watched friends tear tendons and ligaments from just simple lifing after the fact. All you need do is simple research on what happens to then body after the roids are clear and the testicles are still not producing what they were. Certain roids create bone density growth that you can see in knees, elbows and jaw, I used very limited amounts for strength not mass, and it felt incredible. For 4 years after I felt like my body was on fire. Now as for HGH, there are certain types that are at this point untraceable, one of which can only be detected in a urine test but if after a 48 hour period of absorption into the body, it is untraceable.  Im sorry but my opinion on this is a simple one, HGH should be made legal if not for the fact that if administered by doctors and doctors only it not only helps heal the serious wounds of these men but does so in a shortened period and with incredible results.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Welker and HGH?:
    First of all dont worry, there is no evidence or article to back this up.  Welker is one of my favorite all time patriots (may not mean much to fans older than me, but i havent missed a game since 1994).  I love the guys work ethic, and watching him and brady is magic.   However, does anyone else think that its a bit strange how fast he recovered from his injury?  Im no doctor, know nothing about medical science, but I have never heard of anyone coming back from "this type of injury"(remember, not a doctor) as fast as he is apparently coming along.  I dont want to accuse, but myself and alot of other fans included, im sure, did not think that we would see welker on the field this season at all.  Could he have used HGH?  Rodney did a few years ago to get back on the field.  Could welker have done the same? Dont flame, just curious as to what other fans might think.
    Posted by flutie66

What a BS post!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts