Welker and HGH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Welker and HGH?

In Response to Re: Welker and HGH?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Welker and HGH? : What a BS post!
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

not so sure why people are getting so angry... im the most diehard pats fan i know, but im also a football fan first.  was just curious as to what other people thought... aparently some people cant form a thought.  people like this are always right in their minds because they dont have to consider another viewpoint.  in no way was i accusing him of using HGH, but his quick recovery time had left me to think about possiblities.  like i said though, im no doctor and i have as much info in the injury as the next joe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Foregoing the obvious opportunity here (and yes it is difficult), here's my opinion on how Welker's done this WITHOUT HGH.  As the winner of two ACL reconstructions in 12 months by a doctor who does nothing but them (former colts doc) and continues to research his patients even 20 years out, I've seen him do something different for real athletes.  The common procedure is to take the middle 1/3 of the patellar tendon from the affected knee as the replacement for the ACL.  Ultimately this causes a second trauma to the affected knee which can delay rehab beyond the normal course of time.  What I have seen my doc do for athletes (who agree to do it) is to take the portion of patellar tendon from the unaffected knee and use that as the ACL.  Yes, it creates a new trauma, but the docs evidence shows that rehab is significantly accelarated by having 2 minimally affected knees as opposed to one severely affected knee.  To the doc rehab is the key.  I was working range of motion immediately out of surgery but it took 3 weeks to walk normally.  In a follow up visit 10 years later, I saw one of his patients one week post op who had the new procedure done and she was walking normally at 1 week post op.  I was floored.  Don't know if this was what Welker did, but beyond that what Bubba said is correct.  These guys are pros.  They will rehab 4-8 hrs per day and then there are those that just recover quickly. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]
    Can you give your Doctor's name: Popped my ACL number of years ago and need to get it fixed; was considering the cadaver route as well. thnx

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

You know, these drugs were developed specifically for this type of thing.....to help battered bodies recoup and repair. If Wes is getting treatment w/ HGH, it's no doubt under the very close eye of the team physician, being prescribed legally.

How the league interprets this treatment, if it's true, may or may not be tolerate it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : Can you give your Doctor's name: Popped my ACL number of years ago and need to get it fixed; was considering the cadaver route as well. thnx
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

aclmd.com

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

" aparently some people cant form a thought.  people like this are always right in their minds because they dont have to consider another viewpoint.  in no way was i accusing him of using HGH, but his quick recovery time had left me to think about possiblities.  like i said though, im no doctor and i have as much info in the injury as the next joe."

Again, put your copy of TMZ down and stop trying to create an issue where there is none.
    Why consider another viewpoint when you flat out said you have no evidence, no article, your not a doctor and have as much info as the next joe to support this attempt to create a story?
    This ISN'T 1960, it's 2010. Pretty sure some medical advancements have been made in the last 50 years.
    We may not be able to form a thought, but we can at least spell!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker and HGH? : not so sure why people are getting so angry... im the most diehard pats fan i know, but im also a football fan first.  was just curious as to what other people thought... aparently some people cant form a thought.  people like this are always right in their minds because they dont have to consider another viewpoint.  in no way was i accusing him of using HGH, but his quick recovery time had left me to think about possiblities.  like i said though, im no doctor and i have as much info in the injury as the next joe.
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

It's too bad that after seeing that the majority of people here, myself included,  think that your post is way off base you still think of yourself as so superior that you would insult everyone else. Your post reeks of innuendo. Very similar, in fact, to the yankee trolls on the Sox board who want to suggest that Papi is juicing because he's doing well, when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that.  It's a cheap tactic and really not worthy of discussion. Aside from the fact that Welker is a fulltime athlete with a great work ethic and desire, what have you ever seen in his character to even remotely suggest he's juicing. It doesn't seem to me that he has that kind of character. You can say that other "people can't form a thought", however, some would say, myself included, that you can't have an intelligent thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]That's two people on this post that need to EAT A DI*K!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Blind visioned homey with immaturity to accompany it. Surely, he can't be doing anything illegal. He plays for the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

What if he was?

The primary use of HGH is to speed up recovery from injuries. Anyone that has a problem with that is just plain stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Welker and HGH?:
    [QUOTE]First of all dont worry, there is no evidence or article to back this up.  Welker is one of my favorite all time patriots (may not mean much to fans older than me, but i havent missed a game since 1994).  I love the guys work ethic, and watching him and brady is magic.   However, does anyone else think that its a bit strange how fast he recovered from his injury?  Im no doctor, know nothing about medical science, but I have never heard of anyone coming back from "this type of injury"(remember, not a doctor) as fast as he is apparently coming along.  I dont want to accuse, but myself and alot of other fans included, im sure, did not think that we would see welker on the field this season at all.  Could he have used HGH?  Rodney did a few years ago to get back on the field.  Could welker have done the same? Dont flame, just curious as to what other fans might think.
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]
    umm doug- i`m not going to try and defend wesley welker here, but i am going to try and poke holes through you dumb thread. there are quite a few torn a/mcl`s each and every year in the NFL, and just in case you forgot HGH is still not tested for, right? still with me? OK. so that means that there are and have been many players that use HGH that have also torn m/acl`s every year? i mean they don`t come right out and say they use HGH, so you have to use your head on this one doug. now you say that "you haven`t heard of a player coming back so fast" as welker has. given what i just said concerning HGH, and what everyone knows to be true, do you really think that a player that used HGH while playing would now just stop using HGH when it came time to heal his torn A/MCL? so how could welker, if he has been using HGH, recovered so much faster than almost anyone...IF again, HGH use is so prevelent  as we know it has been? what your post tells me Doug is that you didn`t major in logic while attending Harvard.