Welker "I gotta live with it"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Welker "I gotta live with it"

Anybody who heard the quote at his locker after the game, he was choking back tears as he was interviewed....Really made your heart break for the guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Welker "I gotta live with it"

One bad drop that could have and most likely would have sealed the game. What can you do?

**** happens...

Can't help but feel bad for the guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In Response to Re: Welker "I gotta live with it":
    [QUOTE]One bad drop that could have and most likely would have sealed the game. What can you do? **** happens... Can't help but feel bad for the guy.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

or maybe his contract. this could be his last play as a patriot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Book it now, if he re-signs with the Pats everyone here will forgive him, if he goes elsewhere like Samuals did after the missed INT in last SB, everyone here will hate him for life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

he should talk to branch before he leaves for more money

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I don't see that this game comes down to one or even two plays.  It was a team loss if there ever was one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If any fans rests their view on WW on that one play they need to pound some sand.  Wasn't all WW, the ball wasn't thrown well either really high and behind him.  He has done a lot for this team and without him Pats would had not been in the position they were in.  Doubles on WW allowed singles on Hern and Gronk most of the season.

Feel for him, hope this gives him motivation to come get a SB with NE.  Unfinished business as far as I'm concerned.  NE fixes a few spots along the DLine and secondary and this team can get back next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree 100% with Pats7393.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'd like to see him re-signed, but not breaking the bank. We need help offensively and defensively.  I think we need:

• a RB who can do it all - block, catch, and run.
    • an OL that is flexible enough to protect the QB AND block for the running game in different configurations
    • One DE and one OLB who can get pressure on the opposing QB.
    • One taller, physical shut-down type CB who can cover
    • One S who can cover and hit like a ton of bricks.
    okay, so that's a lot to ask for, but what the hell....the offseason began yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

So BH you want Marcus Allen, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott and Lawrence Taylor in one draft/free agency period. That's an awful lot to ask for. I'd settle for Roth in free agency, resigning Welker and a D lineman and CB in the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker "I gotta live with it" : or maybe his contract. this could be his last play as a patriot
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]
    Seriously doubt that, otherwise, EVERY member of the Patriots would be out of a contract for one play they didn't execute properly.  I'd hate to have you as a teacher if I failed one quiz in your class, you'd fail me for the entire semester!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]If any fans rests their view on WW on that one play they need to pound some sand.  Wasn't all WW, the ball wasn't thrown well either really high and behind him.  He has done a lot for this team and without him Pats would had not been in the position they were in.  Doubles on WW allowed singles on Hern and Gronk most of the season. Feel for him, hope this gives him motivation to come get a SB with NE.  Unfinished business as far as I'm concerned.  NE fixes a few spots along the DLine and secondary and this team can get back next year.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    A "pink hat" attitude if you ever saw one!  Agree with ya, Pats7393!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]So BH you want Marcus Allen, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott and Lawrence Taylor in one draft/free agency period. That's an awful lot to ask for. I'd settle for Roth in free agency, resigning Welker and a D lineman and CB in the draft.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Yes, but only if they're in their prime Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nice BH, sorry if I laid into you a bit. This one stings alot. Still, reload and come back next year win the big dance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

I think it really stung knowing he's been in 2 SB's and lost both. You don't get many chances in a career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Nice BH, sorry if I laid into you a bit. This one stings alot. Still, reload and come back next year win the big dance.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

No worries, as you know I've got a pretty thick skin and thick head too...lol Laughing

Takes a lil more than a lil frustration to get me all riled up an up in arms..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Here's how I look at it. They lost by 4 points. They caused a fumble, near their own 10 yard line and recovered it,  that was nullified by 12 men on the field !!  The giants scored a TD !! It wasn't a physical error, it was a mental error. It wasn't that the Giant players on the field were better players than the Patriot players. A mental error allowed the Giants to score a TD !! 7 Points !!  Might the Patriots have eaten up time on the clock as they tried to move the ball after the recovered fumble? Might they have driven to a score, be it a FG or TD? Even if they didn't score, would there be enough time at the end of the game for the Giants to score??  12 MEN ON THE FIELD??????  YIKES ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Forget the offense, it's clear we won't win with a high potent offense. Let Welker go and force Brady to use the TEs, fix the defense. They played well enough all throughout the playoffs to win the SB, the offense was a no show for 6 of the last 8 quarters in the playoffs. 

It's time to make build a defense that won't just keep the game in a manageable distance, but one that can win the Patriots the game. It's clear that Brady and his offense can't be count on in the clutch anymore. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I think this will be a SB caliber team next year.  Probably even stronger than this year.  Things change in the NFL though.  Maybe the Texans will be world beaters in the AFC next year. I don't know.  It was a great year.  We're lucky to be Pat's fans. 

Two firsts, two seconds and 20 million to spend.  Pretty good management team in Foxboro!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In Response to Welker "I gotta live with it":
    [QUOTE]Anybody who heard the quote at his locker after the game, he was choking back tears as he was interviewed....Really made your heart break for the guy.
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

If anyone is trying to say the Pats loss came down to Welker's non catch than you can also say it came down to:
    Brady's safety screw up
    Hernandez dropped ball
    12 men on the field.
    Letting the Giants recover all of their fumbles
    Brady's poor interception pass to the Gronk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It's not all on Wes, I'm glad he stood up and took responsibilty. But the pass could have been better too. If it was lower and in stride, game over.