Welker comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Welker comments

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204944/article/wes-welker-were-in-trouble-if-i-have-to-catch-112-balls

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Welker comments

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Is that backhanded jab at BB and how they used him here/Welker thinking there needed to be more weapons to take the pressure off of him and excuse his drop problems the last 2 years?

Wasn't the "production" of receptions why he was looking for 10 million per?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but he pretty much had 100+ receptions here every year and went to Pro Bowls and AFC title games or SBs, doing it.

I gotta be honest, as much as I like the guy and admire his career path and toughness, etc, he's sort of become this victim mentality guy throughout this whole last contract process these past couple of years.

And, his agent clearly didn't do the homework with regards to Gomer's outdoor playoff record either.

The SB is outdoors in NJ this year.  And wasting another year of Gomer's window and Wes's aren't very good odds.

His agent clearly overestimated what he could get on the free agent market too. That's why he ended up with a 2 year deal for no more money than Kraft and BB had offered him. He's got nothing to complain about. He rolled the free agency dice and got snake eyes.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Is that backhanded jab at BB and how they used him here/Welker thinking there needed to be more weapons to take the pressure off of him and excuse his drop problems the last 2 years?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but he pretty much had 100+ receptions here every year and went to Pro Bowls and AFC title games or SBs, doing it.

I gotta be honest, as much as I like the guy and admire his career path and toughness, etc, he's sort of become this victim mentality guy throughout this whole last contract process these past couple of years.

And, his agent clearly didn't do the homework with regards to Gomer's outdoor playoff record either.

The SB is outdoors in NJ this year.  And wasting another year of Gomer's window and Wes's aren't very good odds.

I think it was a back handed swipe at BB's inability to get good, reliable, stay on the field WR's to compliment Wes other than Moss. This is Wes saying I dont want to catch 100 balls, and I will be more effective if I dont have to.

Thomas, Wes and Decker may be the best trio in football...PM is going to have a field day. Broncos do have a cake walk to the playoffs...lets hope they dont get home field through out...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

"If I have to catch 112 passes this year it probably means Ocho Cinco is on the team"...Wes Welker.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No reason why Welker would have catch 112 passes in Denver.  With Decker and Thomas, there shouldn't be any reason Welker needs to catch that many passes for the team to win.  I agree, if Welker has to catch that many passes with that WR talent they have then there is a problem.  I'm sure Welker will still get 80 catches and 1000 yards.  Denver is going to be very tough on offense this season.  Not looking forward to having to face them either in the regular season or the playoffs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I mostly blame his agent too and Welker will probably look back and see it that way too. He sounds like he already regrets being away from Brady, as he should. Manning is good but he's not Tom Brady. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No reason why Welker would have catch 112 passes in Denver.  With Decker and Thomas, there shouldn't be any reason Welker needs to catch that many passes for the team to win.  I agree, if Welker has to catch that many passes with that WR talent they have then there is a problem.  I'm sure Welker will still get 80 catches and 1000 yards.  Denver is going to be very tough on offense this season.  Not looking forward to having to face them either in the regular season or the playoffs.

I'll wager with you right now that we win that game and I'll even kick in the spread as a bone for you.

Deal?

I never bet against my team.... fool!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In successive playoff scenarios he dropped passes when he was uncovered. Unexceptable! Ok so he caught a zillion passes when the game was on the line during regular season games,but when the trophy was on the line,oops! Good luck WW we as Patriots fans enjoyed your efforts and you might be the greatest pass catcher in Patriots history,but you are replaceable. Amendola replaced you once before and he's going to do it again. Only difference is BB is bringing in a boatload of talented receivers too help him out. Each guy is different, but all are at least two inches taller than you! The midget passing game is gone,enter the day of the taller receivers in New England.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Clearly, it was.

What he SHOULD have said is:

"If I have to catch a crucial ball at the end of the Super Bowl, that probably means we're in trouble".

You just can't do anything worse in football. I was truly pulling for the little runt to redeem himself in the subsequent playoffs. Then he dropped more key balls.

At this point his opinion is worthless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Clearly, it was.

What he SHOULD have said is:

"If I have to catch a crucial ball at the end of the Super Bowl, that probably means we're in trouble".

You just can't do anything worse in football. I was truly pulling for the little runt to redeem himself in the subsequent playoffs. Then he dropped more key balls.

At this point his opinion is worthless.

100% agree with you. Pats were ready to move on before last year, after the playoffs it was only more obvious to BB. Sadly Welker could have stayed if HE truly wanted to, but he has let his ego get the better of him for the past few years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

His agent clearly overestimated what he could get on the free agent market too. That's why he ended up with a 2 year deal for no more money than Kraft and BB had offered him. He's got nothing to complain about. He rolled the free agency dice and got snake eyes.

blah blah blah...anyone who wants to get paid has to go elsewhere than the pats-and u can't say the old bs "he wanted money more than a ring" b/c he went to denver and peyton

if there is a God welker goes 12 150 2 tds to knock pats out of the playoffs  :  )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I mostly blame his agent too and Welker will probably look back and see it that way too. He sounds like he already regrets being away from Brady, as he should. Manning is good but he's not Tom Brady. 

and what if Danny IR plays 8 games? then what?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

blah blah blah...anyone who wants to get paid has to go elsewhere than the pats-and u can't say the old bs "he wanted money more than a ring" b/c he went to denver and peyton

if there is a God welker goes 12 150 2 tds to knock pats out of the playoffs  :  )

Wooooooo woooooooo woooooooo.  Flashing lights , siren, ticket book pages flapping in the front basket.      Woooooo wooooooooo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In successive playoff scenarios he dropped passes when he was uncovered. Unexceptable! Ok so he caught a zillion passes when the game was on the line during regular season games,but when the trophy was on the line,oops! Good luck WW we as Patriots fans enjoyed your efforts and you might be the greatest pass catcher in Patriots history,but you are replaceable. Amendola replaced you once before and he's going to do it again. Only difference is BB is bringing in a boatload of talented receivers too help him out. Each guy is different, but all are at least two inches taller than you! The midget passing game is gone,enter the day of the taller receivers in New England.

Agreed.  The jig is up. It's no more about a 5 yard out out of the shotgun and Brady staring down Welkie, his buddy, automatically on the first read, which the D knows about.

It's over. It's all over.

Rusty will never admit it, but he's slowly coming around to realize that what I've been saying for years was right all along:  the receivers weren't really what we needed to have a consistently dominant offense against the best defenses.  

He'll still blame Brady, of course, for having "binkies" and not throwing to Ocho or Underwood or whoever else Belichick trotted out there.  This despite the fact that whenever the team has given Brady a decent receiver (Gronk, Hernandez) Brady has thrown to him repeatedly.  

Brady's favourite receiver is still the open one.  Problem is, most of the receivers weren't capable of getting open or, in Ocho's case, getting open where he was supposed to get open. 

Sections
Shortcuts