Welker comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Welker comments

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Sounds great, Babe! Please learn how to spell words you choose to use and you might like you have something to say. lol

Time for a diaper change?

What was misspelled einstein?

Phony, which is ironic because that's what you are. lol!

Either spelling is acceptable moron. LMAO@U all day every day.

Sure. Now we have words that can spelled multiple ways and are acceptable. LMAO

Get back to college, if you ever went. 

Always happy to make you look like the tool you are. Nothing new. I bludgeon you all the doo dah day dumbkoff.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/phony

How many thousand times have I proven you wrong now  nutjob?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

NOBODY, not even Wes Welker cares about all the catches he made as a Patriot. What Wes will remember most are the two balls that he dropped in the most critical situations of his Patriots run. How many catches did David Tyree have that year? Did it matter? NO! What about Dwight Clark? Listen to Dan Marino talk about his career without a championship! What many of you don't get is that it doesn't matter to the horse that he got to the water. What matters to the horse is that the he got to drink. As long as Danny A. catches those type of balls thrown to him in similar situations, I don't give a damn if he catches 100 others. And, If Danny A. is the type of player the Patriots are hoping for, he will feel the same way. In the end, Welker's hundred a year catches didn't have nearly the impact that two balls he dropped did. That will be his legacy as a Patriot.....Winners win, losers lose........

But this could go a hundred different ways.  Same could be said for Bill Belichick and his game planning for the SB and playoffs.  Same could be said about Rodney not knocking down the Tyree ball or Asante not coming up with the int to end the game.  Same could be said if the Pats O line could have just given TFB a second or two longer in 2007.  Same could be said about Gronk having just a tad bit quicker reaction to catch the tipped hail mary pass to win the SB.  Or how about the Branch drop on 3rd down, the very next play after Welkers drop, that would have been a first down.  How about if Brady threw the pass just a bit better to Welker in the SB or didn't get the safety.  Same could be said about the defense just making one last stop in both SB's or getting that fumble in the last SB.

Man, as you can see there are so many plays that you could say what you are saying about Welker.  Are you telling me that BB, Asante, Roddney, Brady, Gronk, Branch, the whole defense and the offense are all losers?  They all made mistakes that where just as much impact on the games as Welkers.  So this is why everytime I see someone single out Welker or Brady for making a mistake it's just plain ignorant because there is so much blame to go around, it wasn't just one or two peoples fault.  Silly!

some people can only see black and white, win or lose blah blah blah

Umm kinda like how you claim the Giants are the Patriots daddy's for beating us two times in the Super Bowl, despite the fact each game would have had a different result if a few plays turned out differently?   It's so ironic that you're commenting on TFB's analysis of the what-ifs and close plays of each game saying that certain fans only see black and white, win or lose.  If any of those go the other way, the Patriots win.  They did not execute so they did not deserve to win.  I'm not dismissing that fact, but that does notmake the Giants the Patriots' "daddy's."  

You are an absolute fraud.  

DADDY'S

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Haha!  Rusty, type all you want, I didn't even take a second to glance over it to see what you said.  Troll, Troll, Troll your boat Rusty!!

Gee...isn't it great to have Rusty back with us? Let's see...where's that ignore button...LOL!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Greg-Bedard's comment:

Lets Abandon this thread and start a new one thats specifically about trashing rusty.

that one could go on for days...weeks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok guys, I'm out of here for most of the evening.  Enjoy!  And trolls... keep on trolling!!

C U tomorrow! Tell WES, I said I'm sorry!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

NOBODY, not even Wes Welker cares about all the catches he made as a Patriot. What Wes will remember most are the two balls that he dropped in the most critical situations of his Patriots run. How many catches did David Tyree have that year? Did it matter? NO! What about Dwight Clark? Listen to Dan Marino talk about his career without a championship! What many of you don't get is that it doesn't matter to the horse that he got to the water. What matters to the horse is that the he got to drink. As long as Danny A. catches those type of balls thrown to him in similar situations, I don't give a damn if he catches 100 others. And, If Danny A. is the type of player the Patriots are hoping for, he will feel the same way. In the end, Welker's hundred a year catches didn't have nearly the impact that two balls he dropped did. That will be his legacy as a Patriot.....Winners win, losers lose........

But this could go a hundred different ways.  Same could be said for Bill Belichick and his game planning for the SB and playoffs.  Same could be said about Rodney not knocking down the Tyree ball or Asante not coming up with the int to end the game.  Same could be said if the Pats O line could have just given TFB a second or two longer in 2007.  Same could be said about Gronk having just a tad bit quicker reaction to catch the tipped hail mary pass to win the SB.  Or how about the Branch drop on 3rd down, the very next play after Welkers drop, that would have been a first down.  How about if Brady threw the pass just a bit better to Welker in the SB or didn't get the safety.  Same could be said about the defense just making one last stop in both SB's or getting that fumble in the last SB.

Man, as you can see there are so many plays that you could say what you are saying about Welker.  Are you telling me that BB, Asante, Roddney, Brady, Gronk, Branch, the whole defense and the offense are all losers?  They all made mistakes that where just as much impact on the games as Welkers.  So this is why everytime I see someone single out Welker or Brady for making a mistake it's just plain ignorant because there is so much blame to go around, it wasn't just one or two peoples fault.  Silly!

Umm kinda like how you claim the Giants are the Patriots daddy's for beating us two times in the Super Bowl, despite the fact each game would have had a different result if a few plays turned out differently?   It's so ironic that you're commenting on TFB's analysis of the what-ifs and close plays of each game saying that certain fans only see black and white, win or lose.  If any of those go the other way, the Patriots win.  They did not execute so they did not deserve to win.  I'm not dismissing that fact, but that does notmake the Giants the Patriots' "daddy's."  

Not only is he that but numerous other things that can not be mentioned... he likes to report people that don't toe his line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Corky,

We won 3 SBs in 4 years without a deep threat. We also scored more than 20 points in doing so. lol

David Patten was a deep threat.  David Givens was a deep threat. We won three Super Bowls with a deep threat.

Everytime I here someone say that I just laugh and think ... what were these people watching when Patten was putting up 18+YPC in 2004 for that SB winning team? Or when Givens posted back to back seasons with 15+YPC in 03-04?

Who was the last NE patriot WR to even eclipse 15YPC on more than ? Chad Johnson with 18 on 15 catches and Tate, both of whom made numerous drops and were consistently out of position. BB has shuffled the deck three or four times at WR to try and replace what Moss and Patten and Givens brought to the team.  

Were Patten and Givens as good as Randy Moss? No. But you don't need an all star, let alone Hall of Fame, let alone top three WR of all time caliber flanker. You just need a reliable guy who get over the top of the defense: like Patten or Givens. 

It's funny how these conversations have dovetailed. A flanker that can actually make a.) get over the top b.) find the soft area, and c.) adjust to the pass in flight and secure the catch (unlike Slater, Tate, Ocho, Lloyd, and everyone else they've trotted out there the last few seasons who've had some glaring hole in their game) is literally integral to the Erhardt-Perkins offensive concept. 

When your two most basic strategies are to a.) disguise what you are doing by running the same plays from multiple formations and to b.) play a conservative offense that chews up the field running it or throwing short passes in order to lure the defense to the LOS and go over the top for a relatively safe killer strike, your offense is basically incomplete if you don't have guys that can mentally keep up with the speed at which you change formations without forgetting where they need to be, actually get over the top, and then make that catch over top. 

It was the same in the mid-1990s with Brisby, Terry Glenn, and Shawn Jefferson in the deep portion, and a mix of Coates, Byars, Meggett, and Glenn working underneath.

I mean, someone posted a vid in this thread of NE against the Iggles in the Superbowl ... who do you think cleared out those routes for Branch? Look how far off the safety is in the distance.  You simply have not seen that in recent seasons because NE hasn't had someone who can actually take the top of the defense with them downfield.

NE doesn't even TRY deep shots as much anymore because they don't pay off as often when you have slowpokes like Lloyd who can't outrun their own shoes, guys whoe drop 9 out of 10 passes on their hands like Tate, and knuckleheads like Ocho who take plays off or run the wrong routes. 

NE had TWO players who could do that then. They haven't had one since Moss was here, and still healthy/productive. 

You don't need a Randy Moss caliber flanker, but you need someone in this offense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Not only is he that but numerous other things that can not be mentioned... he likes to report people that don't toe his line.

nonsense-i report rusty for obvious reasons and trash named bolgna, etc...for his crude racist comments-never anyone else, not once

for example bologna called Bob Kraft a "lying Jew" on a thread recently-and yes indeed i did report it and proud I did...if you dont have a problem with this remark and u think i was wrong for reporting it and he is not "toeing my line" thats a comment on you not me

maybe take a look in the mirror?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Any grown man who uses another mans name, number, and image in his avatar wants to be somebody! is your dogs name Gisselle? Why not be me? Youare so out of touch TFB!....

Hilarious Rusty. As if some actual former NFL player would come on a board and be a troll. Get help nutcase.

I am the actual real Rusty, but I have never played pro football.   So, why are you calling RallyC "Rusty"?

Are you this mentally deranged?

You're so deranged, your deranged behavior is rubbing off on totally normal people like Wozzy.

lmao

Wozzy put up with you for a long time because you wash BB's balls, defend a bad defense and want more running.

But even those areas of agreement are withering in the face of your mindless Brady bashing. Eventually, everybody you come in contact with realizes you are simply a buffoon. There is a long trail of people in your wake LTAO@U

i actually thought of you this morning babe...colin cowherd ( i am no big fan but he is intersting to listen to most days) called Tom Brady an "eraser"...his point being he "erases" a lot of flaws for the pats and that he covers up holes in personnel and makes those around him better so he "erases" problems and weaknesses that would be more glaring without him

and he cited the pats backliners particularly in recent big games in this-even questioned the new crop of receivers as not the best or upgrades

now this will drive ol Rust in a tizzy but I thought he was spot on and basically what you and others have been trying to say for a while now

and cowherd btw is no BB basher-he calls him a "genius" and thinks he is the best HC in the NFL and credits him and Brady as the constants in the Pats success-so his perspective is not skewed in the least

come on russ et al let the attacks begin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

nonsense-i report rusty for obvious reasons and trash named bolgna, etc...for his crude racist comments-never anyone else, not once

for example bologna called Bob Kraft a "lying Jew" on a thread recently-and yes indeed i did report it and proud I did...if you dont have a problem with this remark and u think i was wrong for reporting it and he is not "toeing my line" thats a comment on you not me

Sorry dude you are what you are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

so are you...dude

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

so are you...dude

That's a great retort... I'll get back to you when I can come up with something as profound and original as yours.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Bottom line is Welker has a lot of miles on him, is getting slower, older, has 2 straight years of increased drops and isn't worth the money he thought. As unfair as that is to him in terms of what he's earned as a pro, it's the harsh truth of how players are viewed as FAs over the age of 30.

No one is arguing Wes is not worth the money he and his agent, and many of us thought. But for the Pats team this year, with the current alternatives including Hernandez and Amendola, Wes was worth it to the Pats at 2/$12. Wes would have ultimately signed here for the same Denver deal, he even gave the Pats "last call"

I am hoping you come back to the board in December saying how right you were, and we are not looking at Amendola and Edelman on IR, and Hern has missed his usual 3-4 games, Dobson is in his "red shirt year" and Boyce is on the PS...and ole TB is throwing TD's to the likes of Hawkins and Branch as he always does

We are all hoping for the same. BUT isn't that always the case? WW is gone, thank goodness. Now maybe Tom will go back to making his reads and throwing the ball instinctively instead of defaulting to Wes for security. Tom needed Wes to go as much as any other reason. He was too dependant on him, and unfortunately, in the end, WW let the team down.

Your comments are so refreshing to read. Seriously. Please stay -and post. 95% of the board has no clue what you're even talking about at all. So, it's me and a handful of others vs a large vocal majority who are very new to the game or bandwagon fans trying to tell me (and others) Brady is the same QB he was in 2004. lol

Look at this drive right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEumzvnU9gY

Look at the pass to Branch off to the weak side where he goes out of bounds at the 3.  That's a West Coast style play with Brady under Center. He literally sees single man coverage, knows Branch can beat it with ease on his route and he just gets out from under Center and hits him in stride.

THAT is what we need. Picture Josh Boyce now being that with Brady in our offense.

When was the last time Brady looked that sharp?  2010 after Moss was dealt?

Dillon is never subbed for on the drive, they use some I Formations and runs early in the drive to show run, and then they pass from under Center. Shotgun is only used on 3rd and longs, like it should be used.

That is not a "West Coast" play anymore than it is an Erhardt-Perkins play. It's a smash concept, originated by Sid Gillman, the inventor of the modern passing game. IT's just another stretch play, as old as dirt where the inside WR/TE/RB runs a corner route over the outside WR (always)who runs a curl or an in route. 

West Coast offenses like Walsh's ran that because everyone ran it by the 1970s, let alone the 1980s where everyone from Joe Gibbs's Redskins, Levy's Bills, Parcell's Giants, Infante's Bengals. The Oilers' run and shoot and Walsh's Niners ran it. All of them from different pedigrees, all of them running that old concept. 

The Patriots haven't stopped running that concept either. Here is them using it to win a game in

2009. http://smartfootball.com/passing/the-patriots-comeback-play-and-belichick-on-passing

Moreover, even last season they ran that play multiple times a game, from multiple formations and with multiple players filling in the "inside" receiver role, from Hernandez (who runs it a ton) to Welker (who runs it the most), Woodhead, even Gronk sometimes, will run the "corner" in the smash depending on how the personnel is aligned. 

Here is an article from just last season detailing how they use Welker on the Smash. 

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/winter-olympics/ct-spt-0113-bowen-texans-patriots--20130113,0,3054718.column

And if it makes the Pats a "West Coast" offense, then I suppose that smash play makes the Giants a West Coast offense too (they aren't they are also a EP offense, though Gilbride has put his "run and shoot" stamp on Coughlin's EP offense) because it's the exact same play they ran on Manningham's back breaking catch against a dazed and confused Moore/Chung in the last Superbowl NE appeared in. Even though Eli actually went to his second read on the strong side because Manningham beat his man so bad and was out in front .... it was a smash. The Giants are not West Coast either. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/02/06/mario.manningham.super.bowl.xlvi/index.html

The Steelers ran it to win the Superbowl a few years back ... Holmes' big catch, if I recall correctly was a Smash concept. 

Everyone runs it. 

Moreover, BB did not learn that from watching Bill Walsh. It was not Walsh or West Coast influence that brought it there. Here is an article about the Patriots offense from just last season, where discusses rather definitively how they actually ran the Smash concept with Ted Marchibroda's Colts in the mid-1970s before Walsh was ever in the NFL.

"Patriots coach Bill Belichick’s eyes were opened his very first year in the NFL – 1975 with Ted Marchibroda’s Colts as a special assistant/errand boy — when he saw firsthand how a coaching staff named certain concepts.

'You learn to make words that are easy to say, one syllable and distinct,” Belichick said. “At the Colts, all our strong-side patterns were score, strike, sting, smash. And the weak-side patterns were whirl, whisk, wheel. And it was one word, usually one syllable, told everybody what to do [he says as he snaps his finger].'”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/10/08/patriots-huddle-relies-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html

I've read Bill Walsh's two most important books man. There is no coach that is as important as him to football tactics and strategies on the whole over the last 40 years. Not even Belichik. Belichik draws from him, but everyone does since the 1980s because if you don't you are a dead duck. But that play is not a "West Coast" original, every single team in the NFL, NCAA, and highschool run the Smash concept, and Bill, like everyone else just picked it up because it's as old as dirt. 

It's not evidence that NE was West Coast and now is something different, because they still run it, like everyone else in the NFL. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude, none of what you've typed above absolves your initial retort when you said "we've only run the Erhardt/Perkins offense here for '40 consecutive years'".

That was the statement I was responding to here.  You were wrong.  And yes, we absolutely added West Coast plays, and a LOT of them once Brady was further along in the system, by 2003ish.

Absolutely no doubt. They realized he was too good to be using such a basic offense like the Erhardt/Perkins offense.

The Gilman/Coryell offense came into the fold by 2007.  That wasn't Dan Fouts throwing out there, it was Tom Brady.  But, in a nutshell, they ran that kind of an offense. It wasn't "Air Erhadt" like you called it.

The bottom line is, one offense isn't necessarily good enough, especially a finesse one like the Air Coryell stuff.  It can be great against most competition, but it has never proven to have held up.

Look at Coryell in Stl with Jim Hart before he ended up in SD. Hart had big stats and the Cardinals had gaudy stats as an offense, but it wasn't sustainable.  It comes and goes.  It's why all thos Chargers teams would put up big numbers in the regular season and then fold in the postseason. Happened every postseason by the early 1980s.

Give me a mix of the steady Erhardt/Perkins stuff with Brady mixed in with some West Coast stuff and we'll be winning again in the SB.

Nope. That's the only offense they've run here outside of when Carroll was running the team with Zampese.  Fairbanks had Erhardt as his OC. Erhardt ran the team himself. There were the terrble Meyer years, but back to Berry who ran EP after studying under Erhardt and Fairbanks. Rod Rust kept the same system in place as did Dicky Mac. Parcells came, and brought Perkins with him. Carrol broke the legacy a bit by switching from Fairbanks-McCullough AND some principles of EP, But Belichik came on with his playbook, which was all EP. Really. They still use the same old guys from the early 1990s like Ivan Fears and Dante. There isn't another team nearly as continuous in one seamless tradition as NE. I don't know what to tell you man. You are wrong.

It was never a hybrid of anything other than itself, and there is nothing "basic" about it. It's terminology is streamlined (unlike the West Coast and Coryell systems of using route names and numbers in incredibly long strings) but it's incredibly complex, and has a dazzling variety of looks that shift sometimes even on the fly. That's why so many people have trouble picking it up.  

Just because a team does a little more of one thing or another year to year doesn't mean they are changing offensive systems. Saying they do is just spreading misinformation. Everything about it is the same in concept, the playbook is 80% Ron Erhardt original plays as BB has been quoted saying, and as I posted in other threads. It's the same terminology, broad philosophy of protecting the football, attacking the feild at long and short levels, and disguising/rapidly switching your looks.

Nothing you have posted refutes this. Nothing you can post can refute this. Certainly not posting up a video of a smash play that everyone in the NFL has run 1000s of times, or saying that Faulk is like Roger Craig (when he was actually a 3rd down back exactly like David Meggett). Or saying they threw it to Brown short a lot, especially when they run more short timing patterns since Welker got here than they did when Brown was here, if anything. 

That is Erhardt Perkins ... you can run the same play from pro-set, single wide, spread, or 2TE. He77, you can convert a PA pass into a Pump-fake bubble screen or quick slant and use the exact same EP concept.

Everything you are talking about is basically continous. Welker was Brown. Woodhead was Faulk who was Megget. Right now Hernandez is what Byars was. Gronk is running Bavaro/Cross  and Coates' old routes, which were Moss was Patten who was ... and so on.

Oh, and they never ran anything even remotely close, even a shade close, to Coryell. It's so radically different from the other offenses, you don't just "mix it in." It is entirely predicated on every WR running precise patterns on timed counts to spots on the field. It would require a total overhaul to just "mix that in." Simply because they went deep to Moss more often doesn't mean that what they were doing had anything whatsoever to do with Coryell. In fact, prior to that season (2007) BB brushed up the playbook by visiting Urban Meyer ... the guy who runs the spread in college, to pick his brain about converting EP plays to an empty backfield set. There was zero infulence of Coryell on what NE did while Moss was here.  Just saying they thow it deep so they are Coryell makes no sense... why not spread option, they throw it deep, why not run and shoot, they throw it deep, why not K-Gun/4 play they also threw it deep, why not EP itself, which has always historically thrown it deep either under the trad PA concept after running it or under more modern variations using "levels" and "stretch" concepts?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Dude, none of what you've typed above absolves your initial retort when you said "we've only run the Erhardt/Perkins offense here for '40 consecutive years'".

That was the statement I was responding to here.  You were wrong.  And yes, we absolutely added West Coast plays, and a LOT of them once Brady was further along in the system, by 2003ish.

Absolutely no doubt. They realized he was too good to be using such a basic offense like the Erhardt/Perkins offense.

The Gilman/Coryell offense came into the fold by 2007.  That wasn't Dan Fouts throwing out there, it was Tom Brady.  But, in a nutshell, they ran that kind of an offense. It wasn't "Air Erhadt" like you called it.

The bottom line is, one offense isn't necessarily good enough, especially a finesse one like the Air Coryell stuff.  It can be great against most competition, but it has never proven to have held up.

Look at Coryell in Stl with Jim Hart before he ended up in SD. Hart had big stats and the Cardinals had gaudy stats as an offense, but it wasn't sustainable.  It comes and goes.  It's why all thos Chargers teams would put up big numbers in the regular season and then fold in the postseason. Happened every postseason by the early 1980s.

Give me a mix of the steady Erhardt/Perkins stuff with Brady mixed in with some West Coast stuff and we'll be winning again in the SB.

Nope. That's the only offense they've run here outside of when Carroll was running the team with Zampese.  Fairbanks had Erhardt as his OC. Erhardt ran the team himself. There were the terrble Meyer years, but back to Berry who ran EP after studying under Erhardt and Fairbanks. Rod Rust kept the same system in place as did Dicky Mac. Parcells came, and brought Perkins with him. Carrol broke the legacy a bit by switching from Fairbanks-McCullough AND some principles of EP, But Belichik came on with his playbook, which was all EP. Really. They still use the same old guys from the early 1990s like Ivan Fears and Dante. There isn't another team nearly as continuous in one seamless tradition as NE. I don't know what to tell you man. You are wrong.

It was never a hybrid of anything other than itself, and there is nothing "basic" about it. It's terminology is streamlined (unlike the West Coast and Coryell systems of using route names and numbers in incredibly long strings) but it's incredibly complex, and has a dazzling variety of looks that shift sometimes even on the fly. That's why so many people have trouble picking it up.  

Just because a team does a little more of one thing or another year to year doesn't mean they are changing offensive systems. Saying they do is just spreading misinformation. Everything about it is the same in concept, the playbook is 80% Ron Erhardt original plays as BB has been quoted saying, and as I posted in other threads. It's the same terminology, broad philosophy of protecting the football, attacking the feild at long and short levels, and disguising/rapidly switching your looks.

Nothing you have posted refutes this. Nothing you can post can refute this. Certainly not posting up a video of a smash play that everyone in the NFL has run 1000s of times, or saying that Faulk is like Roger Craig (when he was actually a 3rd down back exactly like David Meggett). Or saying they threw it to Brown short a lot, especially when they run more short timing patterns since Welker got here than they did when Brown was here, if anything. 

That is Erhardt Perkins ... you can run the same play from pro-set, single wide, spread, or 2TE. He77, you can convert a PA pass into a Pump-fake bubble screen or quick slant and use the exact same EP concept.

Everything you are talking about is basically continous. Welker was Brown. Woodhead was Faulk who was Megget. Right now Hernandez is what Byars was. Gronk is running Bavaro/Cross  and Coates' old routes, which were Moss was Patten who was ... and so on.

Oh, and they never ran anything even remotely close, even a shade close, to Coryell. It's so radically different from the other offenses, you don't just "mix it in." It is entirely predicated on every WR running precise patterns on timed counts to spots on the field. It would require a total overhaul to just "mix that in." Simply because they went deep to Moss more often doesn't mean that what they were doing had anything whatsoever to do with Coryell. In fact, prior to that season (2007) BB brushed up the playbook by visiting Urban Meyer ... the guy who runs the spread in college, to pick his brain about converting EP plays to an empty backfield set. There was zero infulence of Coryell on what NE did while Moss was here.  Just saying they thow it deep so they are Coryell makes no sense... why not spread option, they throw it deep, why not run and shoot, they throw it deep, why not K-Gun/4 play they also threw it deep, why not EP itself, which has always historically thrown it deep either under the trad PA concept after running it or under more modern variations using "levels" and "stretch" concepts?

STANDS AND APPLAUDS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Is that backhanded jab at BB and how they used him here/Welker thinking there needed to be more weapons to take the pressure off of him and excuse his drop problems the last 2 years?

Wasn't the "production" of receptions why he was looking for 10 million per?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but he pretty much had 100+ receptions here every year and went to Pro Bowls and AFC title games or SBs, doing it.

I gotta be honest, as much as I like the guy and admire his career path and toughness, etc, he's sort of become this victim mentality guy throughout this whole last contract process these past couple of years.

And, his agent clearly didn't do the homework with regards to Gomer's outdoor playoff record either.

The SB is outdoors in NJ this year.  And wasting another year of Gomer's window and Wes's aren't very good odds.

His agent clearly overestimated what he could get on the free agent market too. That's why he ended up with a 2 year deal for no more money than Kraft and BB had offered him. He's got nothing to complain about. He rolled the free agency dice and got snake eyes.

blah blah blah...anyone who wants to get paid has to go elsewhere than the pats-and u can't say the old bs "he wanted money more than a ring" b/c he went to denver and peyton

if there is a God welker goes 12 150 2 tds to knock pats out of the playoffs  :  )

Wooooooo woooooooo woooooooo.  Flashing lights , siren, ticket book pages flapping in the front basket.      Woooooo wooooooooo

careful he has graduated from writing tickets... he has now upped his duties to actual Muridae type activities.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

My favorite part of this thread is TFB12 asking RallyC why Rally thinks TFB12 has an unhealthy infatutation with Welkie.

bawhahaa

Cannot be made up. It just can't. TFB12, as an adult acted like an 8 year old Edmonton Oilers fan would have in August of 1988 when Edmonton dealt Gretzky to LA.  I've never seen any adult act like that when it comes to free agent movement in sports.

Actually I see it plenty of times from you when you have your man love for BB.  And then there are all the times you have melt downs when you argure with people, calling them names etc.  And then to go over and look at the Bruins site!!!  Bwahahahahaha!!  Your middle name must be owned!! 

And now to see RallyC have his melt down.  The dude came on here and said he was 50+ years old and when he had his melt down he was acting like 5.  Seriously, you and your troll buddy (you) are seriously ill.  But it's all good, there is plenty of proof on here showing what a troll you and him are.

OWNED!!

Why? because I am happy that the Pats made the right decision to let your MAN, Wessie, walk. Come on dude, melt down? You ain't seen nothin if that is a melt down. Now then, lets see how long it takes you to start talking football. Your insane crush is old. Lets move on to somethng more constructive. If you don't, I will call on Rusty to spank you again!

Since you are Rusty's BFF now, ahhh, would you please ask him if he still thinks Welker has lined up in the slot more then Amendola has.  I gotta know.  HAhahaha!!  

Why don't you ask Wes tonight?

Come on mr ex football player, do you happen to know?  Give me a quick guess what you think on that answer.  And while you and your new BFF mingle over dinner tonight ask him.

How about I go there. I don't keep stats on Amendola or his positioning to start a play, but my EDUCATED GUESS is that Welker would have lined up in the slot much more being that Amendola is closer to a WR type than Wes...I don't need to ask Rusty. Next?

Bwahahahaha!  Troll!  You are wrong!  Just like when Rusty was on here telling everyone that Amendola is going to do this and that as a Patriot because he lines up so much more on the outside and Wes only lined up at the slot.  Wrong!  Complete opposite.. go look at the numbers and if you have a problem finding them I will provide them for you. 

Rusty lies, makes up things to push his little agenda.  His opinions are just that.. opinions.  More wrong then right and he thinks they are facts.... until people constantly prove him wrong.  I thought you knew football.  Did you even play?  Bwahahahaha!

Funny how after Rusty get's owned all last week by this forum and the Bruins forum and then a funny Rusty thread pops up where people are making fun of him and then all of a sudden he finds a new BFF!  Hey Rallyc, have you been over to the Bruins forum yet to try and defend Rusty over there?

HEY TFB12!!! Remember writing this after I answered your question with my EDUCATED GUESS being "Wes Welker" to your question about who played more from the slot, WW or DA?: "Bwahahahaha!  Troll!  You are wrong!  Just like when Rusty was on here telling everyone that Amendola is going to do this and that as a Patriot because he lines up so much more on the outside and Wes only lined up at the slot.  Wrong!  Complete opposite.. go look at the numbers and if you have a problem finding them I will provide them for you."  Now then, read the FACTS that I provided you here, stupid. These are the nmbers since DA has been playing on a regular basis and doesn't mention what WW did prior to DA's NFL arrival. Do you think you can lie to someone who can get the facts from legit sources? TFB12 YOU'RE A FRAUD AND A LIAR AS PROVEN RIGHT HERE:

Year    WW Slot Routes    WW Slot YPRR     DA Slot Routes    DA Slot YPRR

2009        322                         3.06                          284                        0.97        

2010        295                         1.77                          364                        1.78

2011        427                         2.83                            16                        2.25

2012        508                         2.05                          261                        1.91

As you see, WW ran 1552 routes out of the slot, while DA has only run 956! WHAT ELSE have you been lying about, you dork? Yo Rusty, what else has this turd been making up over the years. TFB, go ahead call ME a liar. I am the real deal. I have told nothing but the truth here. Tell Babe and Wozzy how mean I have been to you now!!! LIAR! What else ya need, RUSTY??? How have you put up with these dopes? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Some might say this bodes well for Amendola adding another dimension to the Patriots offense, but he’s run a higher percentage of his routes from the slot (85.3) than the 73.8 percent Welker has since 2009. And while much is made of him possibly offering a vertical threat the numbers don’t back that up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/14/by-the-numbers-welker-and-amendola/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My favorite part of this thread is TFB12 asking RallyC why Rally thinks TFB12 has an unhealthy infatutation with Welkie.

bawhahaa

Cannot be made up. It just can't. TFB12, as an adult acted like an 8 year old Edmonton Oilers fan would have in August of 1988 when Edmonton dealt Gretzky to LA.  I've never seen any adult act like that when it comes to free agent movement in sports.

Actually I see it plenty of times from you when you have your man love for BB.  And then there are all the times you have melt downs when you argure with people, calling them names etc.  And then to go over and look at the Bruins site!!!  Bwahahahahaha!!  Your middle name must be owned!! 

And now to see RallyC have his melt down.  The dude came on here and said he was 50+ years old and when he had his melt down he was acting like 5.  Seriously, you and your troll buddy (you) are seriously ill.  But it's all good, there is plenty of proof on here showing what a troll you and him are.

OWNED!!

Why? because I am happy that the Pats made the right decision to let your MAN, Wessie, walk. Come on dude, melt down? You ain't seen nothin if that is a melt down. Now then, lets see how long it takes you to start talking football. Your insane crush is old. Lets move on to somethng more constructive. If you don't, I will call on Rusty to spank you again!

Since you are Rusty's BFF now, ahhh, would you please ask him if he still thinks Welker has lined up in the slot more then Amendola has.  I gotta know.  HAhahaha!!  

Why don't you ask Wes tonight?

Come on mr ex football player, do you happen to know?  Give me a quick guess what you think on that answer.  And while you and your new BFF mingle over dinner tonight ask him.

How about I go there. I don't keep stats on Amendola or his positioning to start a play, but my EDUCATED GUESS is that Welker would have lined up in the slot much more being that Amendola is closer to a WR type than Wes...I don't need to ask Rusty. Next?

Bwahahahaha!  Troll!  You are wrong!  Just like when Rusty was on here telling everyone that Amendola is going to do this and that as a Patriot because he lines up so much more on the outside and Wes only lined up at the slot.  Wrong!  Complete opposite.. go look at the numbers and if you have a problem finding them I will provide them for you. 

Rusty lies, makes up things to push his little agenda.  His opinions are just that.. opinions.  More wrong then right and he thinks they are facts.... until people constantly prove him wrong.  I thought you knew football.  Did you even play?  Bwahahahaha!

Funny how after Rusty get's owned all last week by this forum and the Bruins forum and then a funny Rusty thread pops up where people are making fun of him and then all of a sudden he finds a new BFF!  Hey Rallyc, have you been over to the Bruins forum yet to try and defend Rusty over there?

HEY TFB12!!! Remember writing this after I answered your question with my EDUCATED GUESS being "Wes Welker" to your question about who played more from the slot, WW or DA?: "Bwahahahaha!  Troll!  You are wrong!  Just like when Rusty was on here telling everyone that Amendola is going to do this and that as a Patriot because he lines up so much more on the outside and Wes only lined up at the slot.  Wrong!  Complete opposite.. go look at the numbers and if you have a problem finding them I will provide them for you."  Now then, read the FACTS that I provided you here, stupid. These are the nmbers since DA has been playing on a regular basis and doesn't mention what WW did prior to DA's NFL arrival. Do you think you can lie to someone who can get the facts from legit sources? TFB12 YOU'RE A FRAUD AND A LIAR AS PROVEN RIGHT HERE:

2009        322                         3.06                          284                        0.97        

2010        295                         1.77                          364                        1.78

2011        427                         2.83                            16                        2.25

2012        508                         2.05                          261                        1.91

As you see, WW ran 1552 routes out of the slot, while DA has only run 956! WHAT ELSE have you been lying about, you dork? Yo Rusty, what else has this turd been making up over the years. TFB, go ahead call ME a liar. I am the real deal. I have told nothing but the truth here. Tell Babe and Wozzy how mean I have been to you now!!! LIAR! What else ya need, RUSTY??? How have you put up with these dopes? 

Some might say this bodes well for Amendola adding another dimension to the Patriots offense, but he’s run a higher percentage of his routes from the slot (85.3) than the 73.8 percent Welker has since 2009. And while much is made of him possibly offering a vertical threat the numbers don’t back that up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/14/by-the-numbers-welker-and-amendola/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

YOU SAID AND THEN ASKED ME: 

"Since you are Rusty's BFF now, ahhh, would you please ask him if he still thinks Welker has lined up in the slot more then Amendola has.  I gotta know.  HAhahaha!!  

Come on mr ex football player, do you happen to know?  Give me a quick guess what you think on that answer.  And while you and your new BFF mingle over dinner tonight ask him." 

"MORE THAN" MEANS TOTAL NUMBERS NOT PERCENTAGE OF THEIR OWN PLAYS, THAT WOULD BE "MORE OFTEN" STUPID! Was I wrong because you don't know what you are trying to say/ask??? LIAR.......Go ahead little girl, try to make yourself feel better about being dumb.....Now then, WHO OWNS YOU TFB12!!!? HAHAHAHAH!!! DON'T HIDE NOW BIG MOUTH!!!! LIAR......In case you missed it the first time:

Sections
Shortcuts