Welker comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Welker comments

In response to RallyC's comment:

NOBODY, not even Wes Welker cares about all the catches he made as a Patriot. What Wes will remember most are the two balls that he dropped in the most critical situations of his Patriots run. How many catches did David Tyree have that year? Did it matter? NO! What about Dwight Clark? Listen to Dan Marino talk about his career without a championship! What many of you don't get is that it doesn't matter to the horse that he got to the water. What matters to the horse is that the he got to drink. As long as Danny A. catches those type of balls thrown to him in similar situations, I don't give a damn if he catches 100 others. And, If Danny A. is the type of player the Patriots are hoping for, he will feel the same way. In the end, Welker's hundred a year catches didn't have nearly the impact that two balls he dropped did. That will be his legacy as a Patriot.....Winners win, losers lose........

more macho rot...without welker's 120 catches a year you don't get to the SB, how about that? maybe u don't pile up the W's and get that 1st seed and home field thru the playoffs? and maybe if ur Defense didn't melt like ice cream in july when it counted-not once but twice-you wouldn't even remember welker's miscues? and really now how many guys 5 8' would catch that ball Brady threw anyway?

u are just another tough talker with 20/20 hindsight and selective memory...hell Tom Brady himself would tell you you're full of it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NOBODY, not even Wes Welker cares about all the catches he made as a Patriot. What Wes will remember most are the two balls that he dropped in the most critical situations of his Patriots run. How many catches did David Tyree have that year? Did it matter? NO! What about Dwight Clark? Listen to Dan Marino talk about his career without a championship! What many of you don't get is that it doesn't matter to the horse that he got to the water. What matters to the horse is that the he got to drink. As long as Danny A. catches those type of balls thrown to him in similar situations, I don't give a damn if he catches 100 others. And, If Danny A. is the type of player the Patriots are hoping for, he will feel the same way. In the end, Welker's hundred a year catches didn't have nearly the impact that two balls he dropped did. That will be his legacy as a Patriot.....Winners win, losers lose........

But this could go a hundred different ways.  Same could be said for Bill Belichick and his game planning for the SB and playoffs.  Same could be said about Rodney not knocking down the Tyree ball or Asante not coming up with the int to end the game.  Same could be said if the Pats O line could have just given TFB a second or two longer in 2007.  Same could be said about Gronk having just a tad bit quicker reaction to catch the tipped hail mary pass to win the SB.  Or how about the Branch drop on 3rd down, the very next play after Welkers drop, that would have been a first down.  How about if Brady threw the pass just a bit better to Welker in the SB or didn't get the safety.  Same could be said about the defense just making one last stop in both SB's or getting that fumble in the last SB.

Man, as you can see there are so many plays that you could say what you are saying about Welker.  Are you telling me that BB, Asante, Roddney, Brady, Gronk, Branch, the whole defense and the offense are all losers?  They all made mistakes that where just as much impact on the games as Welkers.  So this is why everytime I see someone single out Welker or Brady for making a mistake it's just plain ignorant because there is so much blame to go around, it wasn't just one or two peoples fault.  Silly!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

But this could go a hundred different ways.  Same could be said for Bill Belichick and his game planning for the SB and playoffs.  Same could be said about Rodney not knocking down the Tyree ball or Asante not coming up with the int to end the game.  Same could be said if the Pats O line could have just given TFB a second or two longer in 2007.  Same could be said about Gronk having just a tad bit quicker reaction to catch the tipped hail mary pass to win the SB.  Or how about the Branch drop on 3rd down, the very next play after Welkers drop, that would have been a first down.  How about if Brady threw the pass just a bit better to Welker in the SB or didn't get the safety.  Same could be said about the defense just making one last stop in both SB's or getting that fumble in the last SB.

Man, as you can see there are so many plays that you could say what you are saying about Welker.  Are you telling me that BB, Asante, Roddney, Brady, Gronk, Branch, the whole defense and the offense are all losers?  They all made mistakes that where just as much impact on the games as Welkers.  So this is why everytime I see someone single out Welker or Brady for making a mistake it's just plain ignorant because there is so much blame to go around, it wasn't just one or two peoples fault.  Silly!

some people can only see black and white, win or lose blah blah blah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

more macho rot...without welker's 120 catches a year you don't get to the SB, how about that? maybe u don't pile up the W's and get that 1st seed and home field thru the playoffs? and maybe if ur Defense didn't melt like ice cream in july when it counted-not once but twice-you wouldn't even remember welker's miscues? and really now how many guys 5 8' would catch that ball Brady threw anyway?

u are just another tough talker with 20/20 hindsight and selective memory...hell Tom Brady himself would tell you you're full of it!

No tough talk, just the truth. WW dropped the 2 most important balls of his Patriots time. He wil always be remembered more for why he was integral in us not winning a Superbowl with him than he will for all of the other balls he caught. I am not guessing, or predicting. This is a FACT. Despite all the balls that WW caught, WE STILL DIDN'T WIN A SUPERBOWL WITH HIM. BUT HE CERTAINLY HAD A LOT TO DO WITH US NOT DOING IT. Now, you go ahead and "talk tough" and say what we don't know, or what may have not happened. I'm just speaking facts. Stop denying what the truth is..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

some people can only see black and white, win or lose blah blah blah

Professional Sports are purely results oriented businesses. Their employees are consist mostly of millionaires who don't get to make excuses for costing their fans, teams, owners who pay them, and home cities championships when they have a genuine chance at doing what it takes to win it all. This ain't "rec league" or college, dude. Failure in pro sports has dire consequences. WW makes millions! Welker's job was to make the catch when the ball was thrown to him, especially when the game was on the line and he didn't even though both balls hit him in both hands, thats all.  Why do you think Welker is no longer a Patriot? Tom Brady and the Pats need a big pay maker, not a player who whithers in the biggest moments of his career. And now you claim to know what Tom Brady is saying or thinking. Looks like you're the one who is doing all the "blah, blah, blah"! You don't have a clue what Tom is thinking. OBVIOUSLY. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

and really now how many guys 5 8' would catch that ball Brady threw anyway?

Plenty. The overwhelming majority actually

With or without the gloves

Sh*t, if he timed his leap better, he could have caught it one-handed...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Exactly, Ache Not! I'm not a Welker hater, just know what I saw.......Both balls hit him squarely in both hands. NO EXCUSES! Any NFL receiver worthy of winning a Superbowl makes those catches. Wes proved to not be worthy of winning a Superbowl, or at the very least  proved to critically hamper the Pat's chances of winning one with him on the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rallyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly, Ache Not! I'm not a Welker hater, just know what I saw.......Both balls hit him squarely in both hands. NO EXCUSES! Any NFL receiver worthy of winning a Superbowl makes those catches. Wes proved to not be worthy of winning a Superbowl, or at least  proved to critically hamper the Pat's chances of winning one with him on the team.

[/QUOTE]

photo bradyfub_zps4e75bf88.gif

(all in good fun!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Is that backhanded jab at BB and how they used him here/Welker thinking there needed to be more weapons to take the pressure off of him and excuse his drop problems the last 2 years?

Wasn't the "production" of receptions why he was looking for 10 million per?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but he pretty much had 100+ receptions here every year and went to Pro Bowls and AFC title games or SBs, doing it.

I gotta be honest, as much as I like the guy and admire his career path and toughness, etc, he's sort of become this victim mentality guy throughout this whole last contract process these past couple of years.

And, his agent clearly didn't do the homework with regards to Gomer's outdoor playoff record either.

The SB is outdoors in NJ this year.  And wasting another year of Gomer's window and Wes's aren't very good odds.

His agent clearly overestimated what he could get on the free agent market too. That's why he ended up with a 2 year deal for no more money than Kraft and BB had offered him. He's got nothing to complain about. He rolled the free agency dice and got snake eyes.

blah blah blah...anyone who wants to get paid has to go elsewhere than the pats-and u can't say the old bs "he wanted money more than a ring" b/c he went to denver and peyton

if there is a God welker goes 12 150 2 tds to knock pats out of the playoffs  :  )

There is a God. But the guy that would give you that result has 2 horns. :  )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Maybe Welker is afraid that Amendola will have Welker-like numbers while his numbers fall off.  Then the people who said Brady is the reason Welker was so much better in NE than Miami will appear to be right.  He's just making his excuses ahead of time.

lame...the amount of ingratitude for welker's 6 years here combined with the willful memory loss and downright nasty comments sure show some (most?) pats fans in their true light

also, while it is a possiblilty, I wouldn't bet the house on Danny IR putting up Welker's numbers

I understand where you are coming from jints.

You should love Wes nearly as much as you love Asante. Because without them you don't have the name you do.

It's easy to love a choker......... as long as they are on the other team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Exactly, Ache Not! I'm not a Welker hater, just know what I saw.......Both balls hit him squarely in both hands. NO EXCUSES! Any NFL receiver worthy of winning a Superbowl makes those catches. Wes proved to not be worthy of winning a Superbowl, or at the very least  proved to critically hamper the Pat's chances of winning one with him on the team.

Coming from a former NFL player such as yourself, this opinion is especially valid, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Is that backhanded jab at BB and how they used him here/Welker thinking there needed to be more weapons to take the pressure off of him and excuse his drop problems the last 2 years?

Wasn't the "production" of receptions why he was looking for 10 million per?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but he pretty much had 100+ receptions here every year and went to Pro Bowls and AFC title games or SBs, doing it.

I gotta be honest, as much as I like the guy and admire his career path and toughness, etc, he's sort of become this victim mentality guy throughout this whole last contract process these past couple of years.

And, his agent clearly didn't do the homework with regards to Gomer's outdoor playoff record either.

The SB is outdoors in NJ this year.  And wasting another year of Gomer's window and Wes's aren't very good odds.

His agent clearly overestimated what he could get on the free agent market too. That's why he ended up with a 2 year deal for no more money than Kraft and BB had offered him. He's got nothing to complain about. He rolled the free agency dice and got snake eyes.

blah blah blah...anyone who wants to get paid has to go elsewhere than the pats-and u can't say the old bs "he wanted money more than a ring" b/c he went to denver and peyton

if there is a God welker goes 12 150 2 tds to knock pats out of the playoffs  :  )

There is a God. But the guy that would give you that result has 2 horns. :  )

hahaha...good one babe!  Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Maybe Welker is afraid that Amendola will have Welker-like numbers while his numbers fall off.  Then the people who said Brady is the reason Welker was so much better in NE than Miami will appear to be right.  He's just making his excuses ahead of time.

lame...the amount of ingratitude for welker's 6 years here combined with the willful memory loss and downright nasty comments sure show some (most?) pats fans in their true light

also, while it is a possiblilty, I wouldn't bet the house on Danny IR putting up Welker's numbers

You should love Wes nearly as much as you love Asante. Because without them you don't have the name you do.

but i dont care about samuel...it really is no about anything else but welker the player and i liked watching him play and thought he was a unique talent before SB46..actually even as part of the 07 team

it isn't only WW-anytime i see people have 20/20 hindsight or ingratitude or so easily forget and dismiss someone after all they have accomplished it tends to get under my skin-u gotta admit a lot of the criticisms here are over the top and is the name calling and personal attacks neceassary? ii think u know what i mean babe-i expect that crap from the queenies and tcals of life but most here have been making a sad showing of themselves...i see more respect for a guy who hasn't caught one pass yet than for a guy who AVERAGED 100+ 1200+ for 6 years and played in two SBs!

isn't that ridiculous?

an example: if cruz or nicks (to name a few) left the giants and fans starting posting the same bs I would call the on it

i think u can appreciate where i am coming from

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Coming from a former NFL player such as yourself, this opinion is especially valid, right?

oh i forgot he played in the NFL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Since you mentioned it, The CFL also, and yes I have a valid perspective versus both your and Babe's view from your sofas. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Since you mentioned it, The CFL also, and yes I have a valid perspective versus both your and Babe's view from your sofas. 

I still find it funny to see several people question a productive, top of the food chain professional receiver dropping a very tough to catch pass.

I like to fool around trying to make some crazy catches when I'm playing weekend warrior on the football field.  My favorite is catching the football behind my back, usually I can catch them but sometimes I drop them even though I get both hands on the ball.  If you take into consideration what Welker had to do to catch that bad pass in the SB it would have been an amazing catch.  If he would have made that catch we would be sitting here talking about what an amazing catch it was, but instead he didn't come up with it and people say he should have caught it, it was an easy catch, he makes that catch 100% of the time, blah, blah, blah!  Silly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hey thats interesting! so ur "perspective" is valid and anyone who disagrees is not because we didn't play-as you say you did without giving any proof

really, so i guess any coach, gm or scout who never played or only as far as the high school or college level doesn't have ur valid opinions either-so why are they employed by pro football teams? (and u are not btw)

btw do u have opinions on the the middle east? ever been there?

u have opinions on white people? are u white?

u have opinions on black people? are you black?

u have opinions about basketball? ever played it professionally?

just figured that by ur own account u can only have a "valid" opinion if u have first-hand experience so obviously u are either a mulatto pro basketball player who has traveled around the middle east or you have no opinions about any of those things...

Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

but i dont care about samuel...it really is no about anything else but welker the player and i liked watching him play and thought he was a unique talent before SB46..actually even as part of the 07 team

it isn't only WW-anytime i see people have 20/20 hindsight or ingratitude or so easily forget and dismiss someone after all they have accomplished it tends to get under my skin-u gotta admit a lot of the criticisms here are over the top and is the name calling and personal attacks neceassary? ii think u know what i mean babe-i expect that crap from the queenies and tcals of life but most here have been making a sad showing of themselves...i see more respect for a guy who hasn't caught one pass yet than for a guy who AVERAGED 100+ 1200+ for 6 years and played in two SBs!

isn't that ridiculous?

an example: if cruz or nicks (to name a few) left the giants and fans starting posting the same bs I would call the on it

i think u can appreciate where i am coming from

Wes did a lot for the team but left a bitter aftertaste with the huge drops. I wanted him to stay. He is a terrific receiver, but apparently not clutch. That doesn't make him worthless. BB feels he got a younger, probably more clutch and more versatile Welker for about the same $$$$. Looks like a good move.

I don't want to slam the guy because he did some great things here. But those drops were a kick in the nads. Just hard to look past that without him somehow having redeemed himself before he left. He WILL be remembered as "butterfingers", fair.... or not.

It's probably for the best that he moved on. That doesn't make Pats fans jerks because they feel that way. Some do go overboard though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes, Rusty did play in the NFL, apparently.

He also, (as RallyC) said Brady was a system QB. (shocker that the BB ball washer and Brady hater Rusty would say that, eh?)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Right Rusty. Because all former NFL players love to brag that they played in the CFL. LMAO@U

You were so completely trashed with this fake in the past you ran it out of here with its tail between it's legs for around a year. Pathetic.

Oh yeah. This was the safety that ran a 4.35 40 you claimed. LMAO And when I squished you on that being outrageously fast for any safety you claimed he was a CB too. LMAO x1000

Get help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If he would have made that catch we would be sitting here talking about what an amazing catch it was

Nah. Most of us would be calling it a good catch. Because it would have been such a huge play that probably would have sealed the Lombardi, of course it would have some legend attached to it. But not because it was a so unbelievably difficult catch.

But, we've been over this and simply don't agree. As time goes on I think the large majority have let the emotions cool and objectively see it as just a plain old drop.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Right Rusty. Because all former NFL players love to brag that they played in the CFL. LMAO@U

You were so completely trashed with this fake in the past you ran it out of here with its tail between it's legs for around a year. Pathetic.

Oh yeah. This was the safety that ran a 4.35 40 you claimed. LMAO And when I squished you on that being outrageously fast for any safety you claimed he was a CB too. LMAO x1000

Get help.

LOL!!  Please tell me you are joking.  Is this really a Rusty troll job??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Get help.

LOL!!  Please tell me you are joking.  Is this really a Rusty troll job??

I kid you not. THIS.... is how pathetic Rusty really is. Virtually nothing is stooping too low for him.

I wish I could find the thread. He bent over backwards with some long long story about working with Stanley Morgan, playing in Canada, named coaches, etc.

But the facts didn't add up. And the details were things you could easily look up and do a fake with. Rusty at his best.

I started in with him then when, get this, as a Pats fan, he was saying Brady was a system QB. He had Rusty written all over him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Watch it or you will get a ticket. If TFB12 gets anymore tickets he'll have to go to the county farm for 30.