Welker comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Welker comments

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Since you mentioned it, The CFL also, and yes I have a valid perspective versus both your and Babe's view from your sofas. 

Right Rusty. Because all former NFL players love to brag that they played in the CFL. LMAO@U

You were so completely trashed with this fake in the past you ran it out of here with its tail between it's legs for around a year. Pathetic.

Oh yeah. This was the safety that ran a 4.35 40 you claimed. LMAO And when I squished you on that being outrageously fast for any safety you claimed he was a CB too. LMAO x1000

Get help.

LOL!!  Please tell me you are joking.  Is this really a Rusty troll job??

Nope. Don't know anything about "Rusty". But if it makes you all feel better about what you think you know about the game. I'll be Rusty for ya. Bottom line.....I know the game form first hand experience. Take it or leave it, I really don't give a damn. In the meantime, I know what I know, and you simply wish you could be in the stands. Been there, done that. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Since you mentioned it, The CFL also, and yes I have a valid perspective versus both your and Babe's view from your sofas. 

Right Rusty. Because all former NFL players love to brag that they played in the CFL. LMAO@U

You were so completely trashed with this fake in the past you ran it out of here with its tail between it's legs for around a year. Pathetic.

Oh yeah. This was the safety that ran a 4.35 40 you claimed. LMAO And when I squished you on that being outrageously fast for any safety you claimed he was a CB too. LMAO x1000

Get help.

Nope. Don't know anything about "Rusty". But if it makes you all feel better about what you think you know about the game. I'll be Rusty for ya. Bottom line.....I know the game form first hand experience. Take it or leave it, I really don't give a damn. In the meantime, I know what I know, and you simply wish you could be in the stands. Been there, done that. Thanks.

Well from your remarks about the Welker drop, not sure how much you know.  If you have first hand experience you would know that was a very difficult catch to make.  Just saying!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

I kid you not. THIS.... is how pathetic Rusty really is. Virtually nothing is stooping too low for him.

I wish I could find the thread. He bent over backwards with some long long story about working with Stanley Morgan, playing in Canada, named coaches, etc.

But the facts didn't add up. And the details were things you could easily look up and do a fake with. Rusty at his best.

I started in with him then when, get this, as a Pats fan, he was saying Brady was a system QB. He had Rusty written all over him.

Your paranoia about this "Rusty" cat is simply bizzarre. You say I'm bragging? What kind of warped nut are you, Babe. Bragging would only be a benefit if you knew who I am in real life. Otherwise, I'm not getting any credit for what I tell you under a screen alias. Bragging? Well did I mention that I was a TV persoanlity for 7-years? Or that I once dated.....nevermind. Let me help you with the Brady/System QB understanding, because it is a fact:

Tom is as average athletically as any QB in the NFL. Arm strength, foot speed, agility, body strength, verticle leap, and body mass constituency are all average at very best. BB's offense ALWAYS, regardless of OC, is designed to get the ball out of the hands of the QB in a scripted manner, i.e. 3, 5, 7 step drops on passing downs. Tom's height is a requirement of the offensive scheme to allow him "lane visibility" for his throws. Tom does not have the ability to run from would-be tacklers, therefore, his tireless dedication to perfecting his footwork, while in the pocket is what gives him the ellusiveness that he appears to have. Fact is, what he does is pretty easy to do if you practice it daily. Think Bull fighter with 5, 6.5 ft, 280 lb obstackles surrounding him. Tom is trained to use the timing mechanism in his head to step, step, step, read, read, read, throw. Invariabley, one of his first 3 progessions will usually be open. What Tom does have is above average accuracy, and a high level of composure which comes from the trust that he has in Donta's boys up front. Donta is unquestionably the best line coach in the game and ALWAYS has his group ready to fill their role in the scheme of the O. Tom, Matt Cassel, even Mallett are prototypical QBs for the offensive scheme that the Pats employ, and are beneficiaries of the best offensive line the league sees nearly year over year. Tom was #6 QB in the draft for legit reasons. He found his way to an amazing coach who understands the construction and dynamics of a successful team. Look at Cassel, you damn fool. He lead us to an 11-3 record and he is a better athlete than Tom, yet went straight downhill once he left. Tom Brady was targeted by BB because he saw the height, the demeanor, and enough athletic ability to hone for his system. When the SYSTEM is disrupted, Tom shows us how vulnerable he is as he is not gifted enough to improvise or create to come close to the results that his near perfect execution of the system produces. Why do you think everytime he comes up against a pressure D with the personnel who can "throw his receivers off their marks" or who "screw up the timing" of Tom's drops in the pocket, it makes Tom look average to scared??? Tom was humble, and willing to do whatever it took for BB to stick with him. Tom is the product of being a smart kid who works really hard to be just an average physical expample of a QB, but he is the beneficiary of having a footbal scientist as a coach that puts Tom in the best situatio to succeed via the system. Babe, what you spout only shows how old and ignorant you really are. Lets be clear: I played CB, was 6' 207lbs., ran a 4.35, benched 425lbs, and could slam dunk a basketball with two hands. Hadn't I been hurt so early on, you would have probably had a tottoo with my initiatls on your arm, you cranky old, decrepit fossil. You are undoubtedly unwilling to believe that someone like me would dare spend time discussing these topics with the likes of a dreamer like you. The only one you bother with your dribble is you when you lay down at night and have nobody else to crank to. Consider me just some guy you call "Rusty" you old, fat, hater. Now go lay down and take your nap, its nearly noon! Lemme know when you really want an opinion form an expert and I will be glad to help. Otherwise, you can be the king of BS right here.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Maybe Welker is afraid that Amendola will have Welker-like numbers while his numbers fall off.  Then the people who said Brady is the reason Welker was so much better in NE than Miami will appear to be right.  He's just making his excuses ahead of time.

lame...the amount of ingratitude for welker's 6 years here combined with the willful memory loss and downright nasty comments sure show some (most?) pats fans in their true light

also, while it is a possiblilty, I wouldn't bet the house on Danny IR putting up Welker's numbers

I understand where you are coming from jints.

You should love Wes nearly as much as you love Asante. Because without them you don't have the name you do.

It's easy to love a choker......... as long as they are on the other team.

but i dont care about samuel...it really is no about anything else but welker the player and i liked watching him play and thought he was a unique talent before SB46..actually even as part of the 07 team

it isn't only WW-anytime i see people have 20/20 hindsight or ingratitude or so easily forget and dismiss someone after all they have accomplished it tends to get under my skin-u gotta admit a lot of the criticisms here are over the top and is the name calling and personal attacks neceassary? ii think u know what i mean babe-i expect that crap from the queenies and tcals of life but most here have been making a sad showing of themselves...i see more respect for a guy who hasn't caught one pass yet than for a guy who AVERAGED 100+ 1200+ for 6 years and played in two SBs!

isn't that ridiculous?

an example: if cruz or nicks (to name a few) left the giants and fans starting posting the same bs I would call the on it

i think u can appreciate where i am coming from

TO be fair some of us were critical of Wes while he was here. He had a case of the drops since his injury. I don't know if he was thinking about protecting himself or what. 

Yeah, it doesn't negate the role he had in the team's success, but drop rates are rates because they project over 60 catches or 120 catches.

In many ways he is a great player ... but he wasn't perfect. One of his holes in his last few seasons was securing the catch. He did catch a lot .... but he also had a lot of drops. 

You can point out a player's shortcomings, and even crucial missed plays they've made without being a bitter fan or simply saying they were garbage. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ugh, can we kill this thread ... it's gone over the top. 

The OP was about whether Welker's comments were angled toward NE. I don't think they were, not in any way shape or form. The guy was just talking.

But like some posters here ... you can certainly view them as a window into NE's strategy/talent level. 

There was/is something disfunctional about an offense that throws the ball to a slot and a TE 50% of the time. Even if it is dominant ... it still shows a lack of production outside that is alarming. 

NE needs to address that ... and Wes is spot on ... if he is getting 120 catches in Denver ... then Thomas or the other guy areon the shelf for the season and Denver does in fact have issues. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

Well from your remarks about the Welker drop, not sure how much you know.  If you have first hand experience you would know that was a very difficult catch to make.  Just saying!

TFB12, nobody ever said his SB drop was an easy catch. If it was easy, then there'd be a lot more guys who could play NFL WR. The rule of the game, and expectations amongst your peers/teammates is that if you can touch the ball with BOTH hands, you should catch it. Hell, as a former DB who spent much of his time running backwards, spinning my hips while keeping leverage on the receiver, turning to look at the last moment to see the ball, the position Wes was in when he dropped that ball is nearly the exact position that us CBs would have to be in to make nearly ANY I-N-T down the sidelines on a go-route! All Wes had to do is worry about the ball, and not the anybody else trying to catch the ball with him. If WW drops that ball thrown to him in the same position 10-times at today's draft combine and he doesn't catch it more than half of the time, he doesn't get drafted. As we see time and again, most of today's GREAT WRs catch the ball most of the time even when they only touch it with ONE HAND. If you get both hands on the ball, and nobody hits you, and you drop the ball, you had a great chance to catch it no matter your body position as body position was good enough to allow him to get both hands on it. WW should have caught that ball, and any NFL skilled position player will tell you that they would have done so themselves. That is what he gets paid millions to do. David Tyree's catch was a circus catch that should not have been caught, but he caught it. I know, no comparison! Why? Because WW's drop was completely catchable, while Tyree's wasn't. Millions of $s on the line. TFB, WW is a very good football player, I agree! WW has proven to BB and the Patriots the he is not the guy to make THE CATCH in the playoffs. Now, WW is the Broncos problem in the clutch, not the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Get help.

TFB12, nobody ever said his SB drop was an easy catch. If it was easy, then there'd be a lot more guys who could play NFL WR. The rule of the game, and expectations amongst your peers/teammates is that if you can touch the ball with BOTH hands, you should catch it. If WW drops that ball thrown to him in the same position 10-times at today's draft combine and he doesn't catch it more than half of the time, he doesn't get drafted. As we see time and again, most of today's GREAT WRs catch the ball most of the time even when they only touch it with ONE HAND. If you get both hands on the ball, and nobody hits you, and you drop the ball, you had a great chance to catch it no matter your body position as body position was good enough to allow him to get both hands on it. WW should have caught that ball, and any NFL skilled position player will tell you that they would have done so themselves. That is what he gets paid millions to do. David Tyree's catch was a circus catch that should not have been caught, but he caught it. I know, no comparison! Why? Because WW's drop was completely catchable, while Tyree's wasn't. Millions of $s on the line. TFB, WW is a very good football player, I agree! WW has proven to BB and the Patriots the he is not the guy to make THE CATCH in the playoffs. Now, WW is the Broncos problem in the clutch, not the Pats.

Okay, that's a good post and yes, I agree somewhat.  Yes, and if you have been here reading previous threads on the matter others have said it was an easy catch, someone even made a comment in this thread that it should have even been a one handed catch, lol! 

The saying of if you can get two hands on the ball you should make the catch is a bunch of BS and you should know this.  Maybe most of the time yes, but to make a blanket statement with the meaning of all the time then no.  There are many times you can get two hands on the ball and it's not a catchable ball.  Could Welker have made that catch?  Yes, it's possible.  But if you look at what he had to do to get in position in order to get both hands on it then it was clearly a very tough catch to make and with how he had to go up to get it and the position he was in to make the catch, even if he was able to get a hold of the ball I seriously doubt he would have had control of it going to the ground where it would have came out once he hit the ground.... resulting in an incomplete pass, never having control of the ball. 

The pass should have been to his inside shoulder and hit him in stride.  As much of a TFB fan as I am I feel it's very unfair to put all the blame on Welker, and put all the blame on losing the SB on Welker which several people in this forum do.  Even if he is no longer a Patriot, people are using him as a scapegoat and that is just plain laughable and unfair.  Many, many mistakes made by several players and coaches to lose that SB game vs the Giants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

TFB12, nobody ever said his SB drop was an easy catch. If it was easy, then there'd be a lot more guys who could play NFL WR. The rule of the game, and expectations amongst your peers/teammates is that if you can touch the ball with BOTH hands, you should catch it. If WW drops that ball thrown to him in the same position 10-times at today's draft combine and he doesn't catch it more than half of the time, he doesn't get drafted. As we see time and again, most of today's GREAT WRs catch the ball most of the time even when they only touch it with ONE HAND. If you get both hands on the ball, and nobody hits you, and you drop the ball, you had a great chance to catch it no matter your body position as body position was good enough to allow him to get both hands on it. WW should have caught that ball, and any NFL skilled position player will tell you that they would have done so themselves. That is what he gets paid millions to do. David Tyree's catch was a circus catch that should not have been caught, but he caught it. I know, no comparison! Why? Because WW's drop was completely catchable, while Tyree's wasn't. Millions of $s on the line. TFB, WW is a very good football player, I agree! WW has proven to BB and the Patriots the he is not the guy to make THE CATCH in the playoffs. Now, WW is the Broncos problem in the clutch, not the Pats.

Okay, that's a good post and yes, I agree somewhat.  Yes, and if you have been here reading previous threads on the matter others have said it was an easy catch, someone even made a comment in this thread that it should have even been a one handed catch, lol! 

The saying of if you can get two hands on the ball you should make the catch is a bunch of BS and you should know this.  Maybe most of the time yes, but to make a blanket statement with the meaning of all the time then no.  There are many times you can get two hands on the ball and it's not a catchable ball.  Could Welker have made that catch?  Yes, it's possible.  But if you look at what he had to do to get in position in order to get both hands on it then it was clearly a very tough catch to make and with how he had to go up to get it and the position he was in to make the catch, even if he was able to get a hold of the ball I seriously doubt he would have had control of it going to the ground where it would have came out once he hit the ground.... resulting in an incomplete pass, never having control of the ball. 

The pass should have been to his inside shoulder and hit him in stride.  As much of a TFB fan as I am I feel it's very unfair to put all the blame on Welker, and put all the blame on losing the SB on Welker which several people in this forum do.  Even if he is no longer a Patriot, people are using him as a scapegoat and that is just plain laughable and unfair.  Many, many mistakes made by several players and coaches to lose that SB game vs the Giants.

TFB, one of my college coaches told me, "In high school plays that can be made, MIGHT be made by the best players. Here in college, plays that can be made, are USUALLY made by the best players. In the NFL, plays than can be made, must be made or you are not the best and don't belong there."  I know its seems unrealistic, but that is what is expected at the NFL level and that is what every player shoots for or they truly shouldn't be there. The pay justifies the pressure. Not an easy catch, but none the less very catchable, therefore he must make those critical catches. If not, then as we've seen, he is forced to move on. Tom put that ball where only Wes could get his hands on it. His job was done. Tom is throwing a ball on third and long, under great pressure from the front seven, with everything moving a million miles an hour. His job is to give Wes a chance, and he did. Now, Wes has got to make that catch. Obviously, he is no longer with the Patriots because he did it twice in the last two years. Also, I think its imprtant to advise that all NFL WRs and DBs go through a DAILY drill where they catch a ball with one hand while running down field. You can't drop one or touch it with your other hand or you make the entire group run exptra sprints after practice. I too believe that Wes gives himself a better chance at catching the ball if he extends one arm versus both and prepares to use the other hand to pin the ball against his body as he brings it down. This would have allowed the nose of the ball to be cupped by his one hand as he either forced it to fall toward his chest and then grabbed with both, or he may have had a chance to literally snag it by the front end and pinned it to his body. The extra extension due to a single arm reach may have made all the difference in the world. Sounds crazy hard, but they practice it everyday and are actually very good at it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

I kid you not. THIS.... is how pathetic Rusty really is. Virtually nothing is stooping too low for him.

I wish I could find the thread. He bent over backwards with some long long story about working with Stanley Morgan, playing in Canada, named coaches, etc.

But the facts didn't add up. And the details were things you could easily look up and do a fake with. Rusty at his best.

I started in with him then when, get this, as a Pats fan, he was saying Brady was a system QB. He had Rusty written all over him.

Tom is as average athletically as any QB in the NFL. Arm strength, foot speed, agility, body strength, verticle leap, and body mass constituency are all average at very best. BB's offense ALWAYS, regardless of OC, is designed to get the ball out of the hands of the QB in a scripted manner, i.e. 3, 5, 7 step drops on passing downs. Tom's height is a requirement of the offensive scheme to allow him "lane visibility" for his throws. Tom does not have the ability to run from would-be tacklers, therefore, his tireless dedication to perfecting his footwork, while in the pocket is what gives him the ellusiveness that he appears to have. Fact is, what he does is pretty easy to do if you practice it daily. Think Bull fighter with 5, 6.5 ft, 280 lb obstackles surrounding him. Tom is trained to use the timing mechanism in his head to step, step, step, read, read, read, throw. Invariabley, one of his first 3 progessions will usually be open. What Tom does have is above average accuracy, and a high level of composure which comes from the trust that he has in Donta's boys up front. Donta is unquestionably the best line coach in the game and ALWAYS has his group ready to fill their role in the scheme of the O. Tom, Matt Cassel, even Mallett are prototypical QBs for the offensive scheme that the Pats employ, and are beneficiaries of the best offensive line the league sees nearly year over year. Tom was #6 QB in the draft for legit reasons. He found his way to an amazing coach who understands the construction and dynamics of a successful team. Look at Cassel, you damn fool. He lead us to an 11-3 record and he is a better athlete than Tom, yet went straight downhill once he left. Tom Brady was targeted by BB because he saw the height, the demeanor, and enough athletic ability to hone for his system. When the SYSTEM is disrupted, Tom shows us how vulnerable he is as he is not gifted enough to improvise or create to come close to the results that his near perfect execution of the system produces. Why do you think everytime he comes up against a pressure D with the personnel who can "throw his receivers off their marks" or who "screw up the timing" of Tom's drops in the pocket, it makes Tom look average to scared??? Tom was humble, and willing to do whatever it took for BB to stick with him. Tom is the product of being a smart kid who works really hard to be just an average physical expample of a QB, but he is the beneficiary of having a footbal scientist as a coach that puts Tom in the best situatio to succeed via the system. Babe, what you spout only shows how old and ignorant you really are. Lets be clear: I played CB, was 6' 207lbs., ran a 4.35, benched 425lbs, and could slam dunk a basketball with two hands. Hadn't I been hurt so early on, you would have probably had a tottoo with my initiatls on your arm, you cranky old, decrepit fossil. You are undoubtedly unwilling to believe that someone like me would dare spend time discussing these topics with the likes of a dreamer like you. The only one you bother with your dribble is you when you lay down at night and have nobody else to crank to. Consider me just some guy you call "Rusty" you old, fat, hater. Now go lay down and take your nap, its nearly noon! Lemme know when you really want an opinion form an expert and I will be glad to help. Otherwise, you can be the king of BS right here.....Oh, and as for this Rusty dude, it sounds like he may know a lot more about these topics than you do Babe, cause I see how you treat me and I absolutely do. Like I said, been there done that. I don't have to guess like you do, old fool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, one of my college coaches told me, "In high school plays that can be made, MIGHT be made by the best players. Here in college, plays that can be made, are USUALLY made by the best players. In the NFL, plays than can be made, must be made or you are not the best and don't belong there."  I know its seems unrealistic, but that is what is expected at the NFL level and that is what every player shoots for or they truly shouldn't be there. The pay justifies the pressure. Not an easy catch, but none the less very catchable, therefore he must make those critical catches. If not, then as we've seen, he is forced to move on. Tom put that ball where only Wes could get his hands on it. His job was done. Tom is throwing a ball on third and long, under great pressure from the front seven, with everything moving a million miles an hour. His job is to give Wes a chance, and he did. Now, Wes has got to make that catch. Obviously, he is no longer with the Patriots because he did it twice in the last two years. Also, I think its imprtant to advise that all NFL WRs and DBs go through a DAILY drill where they catch a ball with one hand while running down field. You can't drop one or touch it with your other hand or you make the entire group run exptra sprints after practice. I too believe that Wes gives himself a better chance at catching the ball if he extends one arm versus both and prepares to use the other hand to pin the ball against his body as he brings it down. This would have allowed the nose of the ball to be cupped by his one hand as he either forced it to fall toward his chest and then grabbed with both, or he may have had a chance to literally snag it by the front end and pinned it to his body. The extra extension due to a single arm reach may have made all the difference in the world. Sounds crazy hard, but they practice it everyday and are actually very good at it!

The play was 2nd and 11, not 3rd down.  The very next play was 3rd and 11where Branch dropped the pass which was just slightly behind him.  Please go back and watch the play again, there was certainly enough room to hit Welker in stride on the inside shoulder.  No need to throw outside.  And again, even if Welker comes up with the ball I am pretty positive the ball comes loose when he hits the ground, never having possession of the ball.  The way his body is positioned, twisting in the air and getting his hands on the high pass, he is landing on his shoulder with or without the ball.  No way that ball doesn't come loose as he hits the ground.  It's much easier for everyone to say oh, it should have been caught. No matter what the experience level is, that was going to be a circus catch and maintaining possession of it would have been a whole other discussion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The play was 2nd and 11, not 3rd down.  The very next play was 3rd and 11where Branch dropped the pass which was just slightly behind him.  Please go back and watch the play again, there was certainly enough room to hit Welker in stride on the inside shoulder.  No need to throw outside.  And again, even if Welker comes up with the ball I am pretty positive the ball comes loose when he hits the ground, never having possession of the ball.  The way his body is positioned, twisting in the air and getting his hands on the high pass, he is landing on his shoulder with or without the ball.  No way that ball doesn't come loose as he hits the ground.  It's much easier for everyone to say oh, it should have been caught. No matter what the experience level is, that was going to be a circus catch and maintaining possession of it would have been a whole other discussion.

Hey TFB, my bad, 2nd and 11 it was. I did look at it again. Sorry, but you are misinterpreting Wes' movement when you say "his body is positioned, twisting in the air". Wes voluntarily did that twisting (body adjustment) in an attempt to either keep his feet, or as instinct tells all of us to do, land on his side as to not suffer the impact of landing on his back. This is a common maneuver in order to minimize the jarring effect or injury by banging the one's head against the the ground. The more I look at the video, the more I am convinced that Wes lost focus as he was certain he was going to catch the ball and became more in tune with how he was going to land even with the thought of possibly being able to stick his right foot on the ground to keep his balance/feet. Its instinctual to make sure we don't land on our backs and so he was twisting to land on his right foot, or at worse land on his side as he did. He lost concentration on the catch. This really was not a hard catch to make for the better NFL slot receivers. Don't take my word for it, NBC commentator Cris Collinsworth said Welker makes that catch "100 times out of 100." 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

QUOTE]

Hey TFB, my bad, 2nd and 11 it was. I did look at it again. Sorry, but you are misinterpreting Wes' movement when you say "his body is positioned, twisting in the air". Wes voluntarily did that twisting in an attempt to either keep his feet, or as instinct tells all of us to do, land on his side as to not suffer the impact of landing on his back. This is a common maneuver in order to minimize the jarring effect or injury by banging the one's head against the the ground. The more I look at the video, the more I am convinced that Wes lost focus as he was certain he was going to catch the ball and became more in tune with how he was going to land even with the thought of possibly being able to stick his right foot on the ground to keep his balance/feet. Its instinctual to make sure we don't land on our backs and so he was twisting to land on his right foot, or at worse land on his side as he did. He lost concentration on the catch. Don't take my word for it, Here is what Collinsworth said about it: NBC commentator Cris Collinsworth said Welker makes that catch "100 times out of 100." 

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so since you watched it again and use Collinsworth quotes, watch the very next play with Brady and Branch and notice what Collinsworth says on that play.  So please tell me why all the focus on the Welker play?  Clearly the Branch pass was much easier to complete and wasn't.  If people are pointing fingers at Welker for the missed SB V, equal blame should be placed on The Brady and Branch play, yet it isn't.  It doesn't even get mentioned here.  Why? 

btw, I bet Collinsworth doesn't make that catch 50/50 of the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Get help.

TFB12, nobody ever said his SB drop was an easy catch. If it was easy, then there'd be a lot more guys who could play NFL WR. The rule of the game, and expectations amongst your peers/teammates is that if you can touch the ball with BOTH hands, you should catch it. Hell, as a former DB who spent much of his time running backwards, spinning my hips while keeping leverage on the receiver, turning to look at the last moment to see the ball, the position Wes was in when he dropped that ball is nearly the exact position that us CBs would have to be in to make nearly ANY I-N-T down the sidelines on a go-route! All Wes had to do is worry about the ball, and not the anybody else trying to catch the ball with him. If WW drops that ball thrown to him in the same position 10-times at today's draft combine and he doesn't catch it more than half of the time, he doesn't get drafted. As we see time and again, most of today's GREAT WRs catch the ball most of the time even when they only touch it with ONE HAND. If you get both hands on the ball, and nobody hits you, and you drop the ball, you had a great chance to catch it no matter your body position as body position was good enough to allow him to get both hands on it. WW should have caught that ball, and any NFL skilled position player will tell you that they would have done so themselves. That is what he gets paid millions to do. David Tyree's catch was a circus catch that should not have been caught, but he caught it. I know, no comparison! Why? Because WW's drop was completely catchable, while Tyree's wasn't. Millions of $s on the line. TFB, WW is a very good football player, I agree! WW has proven to BB and the Patriots the he is not the guy to make THE CATCH in the playoffs. Now, WW is the Broncos problem in the clutch, not the Pats.

i don't think he will be their problem in the clutch-as you hope

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

I don't hope that he is. I am saying that all of the proof shows that Wes Welker crumbles under game deciding pressure in the play-offs. All of the facts show it, no matter how much you or anyone else wants to think it won't happen. That is why BB sent him packing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

For the record, I was being facetious

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Get help.

I don't hope that he is. I am saying that all of the proof shows that Wes Welker crumbles under game deciding pressure in the play-offs. All of the facts show it, no matter how much you or anyone else wants to think it won't happen. That is why BB sent him packing.

i don't know how you can call something that hasn't happened yet a fact

and welker wasn't re-signed due to money not performance

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wait, what?  I thought Mr. Kraft came out and public stated they wanted Welker, that he was their first choice.  So does this mean BB and Kraft aren't on the same page>  What are you saying here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Wait, what?  I thought Mr. Kraft came out and public stated they wanted Welker, that he was their first choice.  So does this mean BB and Kraft aren't on the same page>  What are you saying here?

Mr. Kraft is obviously a gifted politician and incredibly schrewd businessman. Mr. Kraft says what he says to satisfy the fans by pacifying them for their need to hear what they want in order to keep them happy. BB is charged with running the NE Patriots and making ALL football realted decisions. They are on the same page when it comes to keeping ALL of their fans satisfied. That doesn't mean that they say the same things all of the time. Its called keeping you fan base happy. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. If WW was really their first choice, he would stil be a PAT, plain and simple.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Get help.

i don't know how you can call something that hasn't happened yet a fact

and welker wasn't re-signed due to money not performance

Yeah, Sure..........I didn't say what hasn't happened yet is fact. I said that he has failed in the past is a fact. Read much? So the amazing, Wes Welker wasn't worth 5-million dollars to the NE Patriots? Damn, listen to yourself, man. Wes is gone because he proved he couldn't make THE play when most needed, amongst other reasons I'm sure........Like running his mouth like a Diva after he failed to perform in the clutch. He's not a smart as you want to think either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mr. Kraft is obviously a gifted politician and incredibly schrewd businessman. Mr. Kraft says what he says to satisfy the fans by pacifying them for their need to hear what they want in order to keep them happy. BB is charged with running the NE Patriots and making ALL football realted decisions. They are on the same page when it comes to keeping ALL of their fans satisfied. That doesn't mean that they say the same things all of the time. Its called keeping you fan base happy. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. If WW was really their first choice, he would stil be a PAT, plain and simple.

Wait!  So he was grandstanding?  He went out and made this big public announcement, looking very sincere and telling us fans how much he wanted Welker to be a Patriot, that he was their first choice and it was all fake??

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the warnings about Hernandez getting the money rather than Wes were based on the 3/$27 numbers thrown out there (erroneously). Once we heard what the signing numbers were, and saw the alternatives to Wes, most of the prior discussion for not retaining Wes went out the window...

Could Wes have been resigned in addition to Amendola, and passed on Edelman, Hawkins, Jenkins and Jones?

Everyone on this board has argued for or against Wes staying based on years/salary, except for you. You have argued Brady needed the seperation from Wes. There is credence for both, if the Wes numbers were 3/$27...but at 2/$10 the arguement for keeping Wes AND making the position stronger certainly is valid, except to you.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.