Welker comments

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Welker comments

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

That's not my problem. I've referenced each the terms "hybrid West Coast" as a way to describe its presence on the heels the of the obvious offense Weis learned with the Giants.

And, MANY, many times, as I am sure MANY can attest to, I've always referenced my desire for Brady to return to more "Weis based" formations.

Maybe you don't ready my posts?  But, don't try lying now. Won't work, Woozy.

Has anyone here, before a week ago, heard Rusty say we run a west coast offense?

Sorry has anyone here, besides RallyCRusty, ever heard Rusty say we run a west coast offense?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Damn! So you are Rusty? From my first impression, today, I gotta say that I am not surprised that they all hate you! You actually know what the hell you are talking about! They started calling me Rusty once I told them all that I played in the NFL for a brief period, then the CFL for a while. I mentioned that I was a CB, 6', 207, 4.35 40, 400+lb bench presser back in those days and they immediately started calling me Rusty! I come here to bragg, yet refuse to tell them my real name so that I could get the propps. Good to meet you, you poor bastard! You sound like a pretty smart dude to me. And, I promise, I ain't full of shyt either.....The rest of you gotta be hating this! HA!!!

^ This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. 

No Woozy, I find it absolutely funny!  Pathetic yes, very, but absolutely funny!  I'm literally on the floor rolling here.  This couldn't get any funnier. 

TFB12, You don't really seem like a crazy type. don't let what seems to be this weird paranoia that some of these folks are trying to push on you take hold. I am really who I say I am. And I am not Rusty. No offense to Rusty intended. I am a 50+ yr old former ball player. Thats all. Just because we do not agree does not mean that you have to resort to some type of conspiracy theory that these nut jobs want to suck you into. Test me.....what can I do to prove who I am. I'd love to do it just so Wozz and his fellow psychotics are drummed the hell out of here. 

Thanks, I appreciate that but these others aren't crazy.  They are good posters, good fans.  I like and enjoy them, many like and enjoy them but everyone is tired of Rusty and his agenda.  If you have been here since 2010 then you should know all about Rusty and all the garbage he brings to this board.  The dude has been banned a million times and all for good reason.  It's a worn out act.  He bring this board down as you are witnessing.  It was so nice the few days he was absent

You don't have to prove anything to me.  Nobody here has to prove anything to me.  I'm easy!  I am here to discuss Patriots football with other Patriots fans and also to maybe provide a small amount of entertainment, fun entertainment, to enjoy and for others to enjoy in the process of talking Pats football.  I hope I do that.  I even have fun with fans of other teams who come here and post.  It's all in fun, that's what this place is for.  It's not for what Rusty brings to this place.  It's all personal to him.  It's all about his agenda, his opinions, his need to feel like he is right about everything.  Even when he is wrong he can't even say hey, good point maybe I was wrong.  Instead he attacks and turns everything around so it doesn't look like he was wrong.   He doesn't like to have fun, he doesn't provide any fun.  This place doesn't need a poster like that.

What you are seeing now is a lot of really cool and fun people getting very, very tired of this Rusty guy on here and what he brings to this place.  He has turned it into a war zone, and if you haven't noticed by now, nobody (until you now) is sticking up for him because everyone knows how he is and how tired everyone is of him.  He has driven away good, long time posters because of the way he acts on here. 

It would be cool if he could change, tone it down 99% of what he is now and enjoy the fun, partake in the fun but apparently he can't do that.  I, as well as several others,  have tried to get along with him, even tried to agree with him just to see if he can be someone to get along with.  But the next minute he is back to attacking.  It is frustrating.   This is a good, fun place, good fun people but Rusty is clearly ruining it.

OK. I appreciate your explanation. All I can go by is what I have personally experienced here. I state an opinion, if one of the others mentioned does not agree with it, or if they observe you or another not agreeing with unfamiliar opposition, they throw out this "Rusty" card. And I've seen it several times with multiple posters. And despite sharing truthful info about myself to validate my point, they insist on going there. My personal interaction with Rusty today, then in watching others interact with Rusty tells me that his points are mostly valid and true. BUT because he is Rusty, you all want him to shut up and go away. SORRY, What you say above has no bearing on what I see today. They are the nut jobs becasue they are letting prior events affect their ability to process logic due to previous experiences and then you all start a feeding frenzy to cover for the insecurity for your lack of real knowledge. Rusty seems to be telling you all that the emperor doesn't have clothes on and all you naked emperors are ganging up on the guy. TFB, your infatuation with WW is extreme, yet anyone who challenges you on your sometimes absurd takes on the situation is now called Rusty by the rest of these metally damaged and challenged bloggers who can't think of anything to say except, "Hey Rusty". They must all be Southies!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ReturnofBologna's comment:

So wait a minute, let me get this right.... Kraft came out and lied to us fans, lied to all the reporters, lied to everyone because he is a billionaire?  Because he is a salesman?  He really didn't want Welker on the team after making such a huge public spectacle saying he did?  Are you sure you really want to go there?

A billionaire Jew lying never saw that coming.

[/QUOTE]
    Be careful! TFB12 will be devastated if he here's the truth.......then you will be called RUSTY! No offense again, Rusty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So wait a minute, let me get this right.... Kraft came out and lied to us fans, lied to all the reporters, lied to everyone because he is a billionaire?  Because he is a salesman?  He really didn't want Welker on the team after making such a huge public spectacle saying he did?  Are you sure you really want to go there?

Be careful! TFB12 will be devastated if he here's the truth.......then you will be called RUSTY!

Not sure you understand what just went on there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Wow. You've just officially joined the Babe/Pezzy/Mt Hurl group. Congrats! I had no idea you had some cuckoo bird in you!

My oh my, Wozzy. How the mighty have fallen.  Duly noted. Wozzy is now in "The Group". 

ANd yes, we clearly started running some West Coast offense as Brady emerged as an elite QB after 2002. Yes.  Yes.

I am sorry you weren't aware of this fact, but that's just too bad.

You mean the group that can agree to disagree and interact civilly between themselves without getting banned... sign me up.

I don't always agree with above posters or anyone for that matter, but it's going to be a long off season with you antagonizing everyone and insisting you are right even when you are wrong, that's why I put you on blast on the "Implications of Gronk being hurt" thread and since.  

Just for once I'd like to have a peaceful off season that doesn't escalate into a hate fest by the start of camp.  Frankly if Babe and myself as well as others can put away the animosity and name calling, learn to get along and agree to disagree than it's about time you do.

Now you're backpedaling and trying to place nice after trolling and acting dumb, falling for the Babe psychopath routine of calling everyone "Rusty" who agrees with me on a topic, usually one that ties to Brady's disappointing postseason play of late?

Please.  You just calle Rally C me and me him, claiming I am signing in and out to talk to myself? You've got to be kidding me. The fact you believe that is flat out disturbing. Could it be that MANY Pats fans have a similar analysis on certan topics because we happen to be intelligent and knowledgable fans? I know that's a very rare thing on this board, but could it be? Oh, I think so Wozzy! I think so.

Real fans can't even have a sincere discussion in here and be left alone without The Group and their new recruits swinging in to the thread, trying to derail it to protect Brady's online legacy. Or, whatever their agenda is. It's just sick and the board is tired of it.  You've now joined that group.

Congrats. They've aligned with you to bring on a new member and you have now taken the bait for that initiation because you incorrectly claimed yesterday BB and Weis never introduced West Coast offense styles or plays into the NE playbooks.

You're wrong. They did. They may be buried somewhere in that playbook in a chapter we haven't used much in recent years, but they are there. Oh, yes, they are there. 

Rusty dope,

Please explain to all us "morons", what a WC TYPE PLAY is?  Is it a lot of slants or I formations, no back sets? What is the terminology?  Do they use words, colors or numbers or a combination, to relay plays?  Do they change the verbiage to  numbers or words to reflect the system they are running AT THE TIME on each play?  How do the receivers and backs know where to go?  HMMM. 

And while you are at it, please explain how a sprinkling of plays that all teams use, constitutes a change in Offensive philosophy?

I think you are VERY confused.  Weis, is forever linked to the E-P style offense ( actually used in the 70's) in his tenure with BB and it is still, with modifications, used today. 

Do you understand that using a play often (but not exclusively, if there even is such a thing) used in a different system, doesn't mean you changed your system?  It means you threw in a wrinkle or a sprinkle, just like all teams do.

I never said "we changed our base system". In fact, I am notorious here for calling what I want the "Weis base". So, nice try.  We use many variations, but the base has always been the Erhardt/Perkins base, or as I say in these discussions, the "Weis base".

I was responding to ZBellino's premise and retort to me that we "never ran any West Coast here and we've run the Erhardt/Perkins offense here for 40 consecutive years".  Not only is that comical, he's wrong.

That's not only false, I can name another time pre Brady where we used soemthing different. It was under Pete Carroll with Ernie Zampese off the Norv Turner Coryell type tree.    

So, he's wrong there, too.  He doesn't like being wrong and never thinks he is, but I just proved it again.

Finally, I  am well aware of where Weis came from, what he used, etc, and what offense Brady learned under. But, that doesn't mean BB eliminated any other systems from being incorporated into the playbook.  That's just a ridiculously stupid comment considering how Pats fans should know how innovative or creative BB tries to be in this area.  Blending and borrowing is a classic BB staple.

I am not confused at all. I am well aware of all of this and have a clear handle on what BB is doing.

I see, you're not confused, you just don't get it.

Systems, evolve, systems change according to times.  A smattering of plays derived from whatever, doesn't mean you changed your system.  It means you used a play. Period.

Plays are not exclusive to any system.  They all throw slants, use I formations, go under center, use no back formations, throw long, short, intermediate, have the backs as receivers, go 5 wide, make adjustments, fake punt, ect ect ect

It's more about how you get there and what you do once you're there and what dictates or controls that.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Damn! So you are Rusty? From my first impression, today, I gotta say that I am not surprised that they all hate you! You actually know what the hell you are talking about! They started calling me Rusty once I told them all that I played in the NFL for a brief period, then the CFL for a while. I mentioned that I was a CB, 6', 207, 4.35 40, 400+lb bench presser back in those days and they immediately started calling me Rusty! I come here to bragg, yet refuse to tell them my real name so that I could get the propps. Good to meet you, you poor bastard! You sound like a pretty smart dude to me. And, I promise, I ain't full of shyt either.....The rest of you gotta be hating this! HA!!!

No Woozy, I find it absolutely funny!  Pathetic yes, very, but absolutely funny!  I'm literally on the floor rolling here.  This couldn't get any funnier. 

TFB12, You don't really seem like a crazy type. don't let what seems to be this weird paranoia that some of these folks are trying to push on you take hold. I am really who I say I am. And I am not Rusty. No offense to Rusty intended. I am a 50+ yr old former ball player. Thats all. Just because we do not agree does not mean that you have to resort to some type of conspiracy theory that these nut jobs want to suck you into. Test me.....what can I do to prove who I am. I'd love to do it just so Wozz and his fellow psychotics are drummed the hell out of here. 

Thanks, I appreciate that but these others aren't crazy.  They are good posters, good fans.  I like and enjoy them, many like and enjoy them but everyone is tired of Rusty and his agenda.  If you have been here since 2010 then you should know all about Rusty and all the garbage he brings to this board.  The dude has been banned a million times and all for good reason.  It's a worn out act.  He bring this board down as you are witnessing.  It was so nice the few days he was absent

You don't have to prove anything to me.  Nobody here has to prove anything to me.  I'm easy!  I am here to discuss Patriots football with other Patriots fans and also to maybe provide a small amount of entertainment, fun entertainment, to enjoy and for others to enjoy in the process of talking Pats football.  I hope I do that.  I even have fun with fans of other teams who come here and post.  It's all in fun, that's what this place is for.  It's not for what Rusty brings to this place.  It's all personal to him.  It's all about his agenda, his opinions, his need to feel like he is right about everything.  Even when he is wrong he can't even say hey, good point maybe I was wrong.  Instead he attacks and turns everything around so it doesn't look like he was wrong.   He doesn't like to have fun, he doesn't provide any fun.  This place doesn't need a poster like that.

What you are seeing now is a lot of really cool and fun people getting very, very tired of this Rusty guy on here and what he brings to this place.  He has turned it into a war zone, and if you haven't noticed by now, nobody (until you now) is sticking up for him because everyone knows how he is and how tired everyone is of him.  He has driven away good, long time posters because of the way he acts on here. 

It would be cool if he could change, tone it down 99% of what he is now and enjoy the fun, partake in the fun but apparently he can't do that.  I, as well as several others,  have tried to get along with him, even tried to agree with him just to see if he can be someone to get along with.  But the next minute he is back to attacking.  It is frustrating.   This is a good, fun place, good fun people but Rusty is clearly ruining it.

OK. I appreciate your explanation. All I can go by is what I have personally experienced here. I state an opinion, if one of the others mentioned does not agree with it, or if they observe you or another not agreeing with unfamiliar opposition, they throw out this "Rusty" card. And I've seen it several times with multiple posters. And despite sharing truthful info about myself to validate my point, they insist on going there. My personal interaction with Rusty today, then in watching others interact with Rusty tells me that his points are mostly valid and true. BUT because he is Rusty, you all want him to shut up and go away. SORRY, What you say above has no bearing on what I see today. They are the nut jobs becasue they are letting prior events affect their ability to process logic due to previous experiences and then you all start a feeding frenzy to cover for the insecurity for your lack of real knowledge. Rusty seems to be telling you all that the emperor doesn't have clothes on and all you naked emperors are ganging up on the guy. TFB, your infatuation with WW is extreme, yet anyone who challenges you on your sometimes absurd takes on the situation is now called Rusty by the rest of these metally damaged and challenged bloggers who can't think of anything to say except, "Hey Rusty". They must all be Southies!

So you say my infatuation is extreme.  Um, why do you say that? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Be careful! TFB12 will be devastated if he here's the truth.......then you will be called RUSTY!

Sure I do. A poster came out and gave the purest interpretation of what Robert Kraft did when he broadcasted that WW was the PATS first choice and said he lied. While I call it it PR and damage control, the blogger is most correct. It was a lie. Now tell me what didn't I get?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is the year the Patriots put it all together and win another Super Bowl.

Then all the whining and moaning, the"know it alls" will point and say "see I told you so" and then go on to explain how their assessment of what was wrong with the Patriots all this time, whether it was the GM, the Coach or the talent was the correct one.

The reality is the team as a whole just weren't talented enough, all at one time late in the season to pull it off, but we were close.  The idea that a diva QB creates all the problems is silly when the only reason you know greatness is due to his play in the past.  

This is a team game, QBs are players just like everyone else, a sprocket, yes an important one but if any sprocket fails the whole thing breaks down.  They had to reload, rebuild, retool... this season Tommy will have a balanced attack and an arsenal of talented weapons, also the defense will be bigger, more talented and tougher than any time since the early 2000s.

It's a good time to be a Patriot's fan, I'm out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sure I do. A poster came out and gave the purest interpretation of what Robert Kraft did when he broadcasted that WW was the PATS first choice and said he lied. While I call it it PR and damage control, the blogger is most correct. It was a lie. Now tell me what didn't I get?

I love the people who have to feel like they must tip toe around just so they don't have to say anything negative about the team when the team does something negative. 

Now you better be careful, Rusty just might attack you for stating the obvious.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Your inability to look at Welker as a part of the machine that critically failed most leading to the machine breaking down before reaching the goal appears to come from your personal admiration and infatuation of him or the numbers he put up prior to failure. Regardless of his critical drops, WW is older, slower, mouthier, and less reliable in the clutch right now than he has ever been in his professional carreer, yet you still proclaim that we should have kept him and that we would have been better with him. You refuse to believe that the PATS didn't want him despite the cheap price tag and refuse to believe that the Organization would mislead you as to why he isn't here anymore. Love is blind.....of course that is an extreme but accurate analogy! ;-)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

This is the year the Patriots put it all together and win another Super Bowl.

Then all the whining and moaning, the"know it alls" will point and say "see I told you so" and then go on to explain how their assessment of what was wrong with the Patriots all this time, whether it was the GM, the Coach or the talent was the correct one.

The reality is the team as a whole just weren't talented enough, all at one time late in the season to pull it off, but we were close.  The idea that a diva QB creates all the problems is silly when the only reason you know greatness is due to his play in the past.  

This is a team game, QBs are players just like everyone else, a sprocket, yes an important one but if any sprocket fails the whole thing breaks down.  They had to reload, rebuild, retool... this season Tommy will have a balanced attack and an arsenal of talented weapons, also the defense will be bigger, more talented and tougher than any time since the early 2000s.

It's a good time to be a Patriot's fan, I'm out...

I think you can give me a lot more credit than that. I've been on here for 3 years now suggesting people be patient as he rebuilds on the fly.

Then, our QB and Welkie choke it down in the 4th qtr of SB 46, when I started a thread in Week 3 that year when Brady tossed 4 INTs up in Buffalo, totally flipping momentum, even if our D was struggling off the lockout early in the year with no camp and new bodies.

What did I say before SB 46? What did I say? I said I knew our D would be there, but I wasn't sure about our offense and Brady.

13 points allowed by the D, waiting on 4 drives even just for a FG from our offense and to avoid a turnover.

Didn't happen.

I literally called the Jets flaws in their teambuild to the T, lock stock and barrel, taking heat here from some Pats fans who mocked me and my defense of why BB's approach was vastly superior to that of the Jets'.

Who won?

Who won?

Who was right?

I also nailed literally every move BB made this postseason with regards to who to resign, who to let walk and who to go after in FA.  I was on here talking about Seymour being worse than Tommy Kelly the last year or two, when people would clamor for Seymour here. Voila, here comes Tommy Kelly to the Pats.

The fact is, I have a very good hold on this team and I get mocked by the same 12-15 people because they're apparently annoyed I nail the analysis.

I remember pre 2010 draft I was in here saying "trade a 2nd for Olsen or Owen Daniels, we need a major TE upgrade". BB then does it even better by getting Gronk and Hern. 

After 2010, I wanted Welker gone after the Brady deer in the headlights game vs the Jets that January when he stared him down in the shotgun over and over because Revis was on Branch and they doubled Welker.

I wanted Brady under Center more and suggested we deal Welker and Woodhead to Jac for MJ Drew. I know many will remember this, because I was dead serious about it.   Anything to get Brady under Center more and spread the ball around more is what I am in favor of.

Now, that it appears this is what BB is trying to accomplish, you're sort of trying to make it seem like some of us didn't want this.

Baloney. I've been waiting for this for literally 2 full seasons after the way the 2010 playoff game ended.  2011 was the  most frustrating season and finish I can ever remember as a fan of this team.

2012 was the nightmare revisited with 45 passes with a lead yet again. It's got to stop. It has got to stop.

The difference between you being right and wrong in these games usually comes down to a millionaire making THE PLAY, or not. Right or wrong when decided by that singular critical play become irrelevant as it was just so close either way. The fact is, our millionaires didn't make the plays these last two years and us fans suffer because of it. WE SHOULD HAVE WON! All a team can ask for is a chance to win and they should take advantage of that chance. Tom Brady and Wes Welker were put in situations that every player dreams of and both of them did less than what it took. Cultprit A is gone now, but Cultprit B is still here. I think he will be given another chance by our 2013 team to prove himself again. That's why being a PATS fan is better than being any other NFL fan right now.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Your inability to look at Welker as a part of the machine that critically failed most leading to the machine breaking down before reaching the goal appears to come from your personal admiration and infatuation of him or the numbers he put up prior to failure. Regardless of his critical drops, WW is older, slower, mouthier, and less reliable in the clutch right now than he has ever been in his professional carreer, yet you still proclaim that we should have kept him and that we would have been better with him. You refuse to believe that the PATS didn't want him despite the cheap price tag and refuse to believe that the Organization would mislead you as to why he isn't here anymore. Love is blind.....of course that is an extreme but accurate analogy! ;-)

I agree with this. As fans a lot of times our fandom our bias gets in the way. I am cognizant of that and try to make all my opinions non bias. TFB is gonna have to wait and see before he accepts it and thats fine. He was here 5 years and its not just TFB. Some fans thought we would never get a 1st down when they heard the news. I recall you and I sharing some excitement at the time about the prospects of a more versatile offense. Cheers! and you are def. wrong about Rusty. More lies than truth from him lately

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That's what they all do. They take more stock in Brady or Welker putting up huge numbers against average or weak Ds, and then act all confused when Brady's preferred offense and the one Welker has to have to be effective, fails in January or February.

It's failed. That's the bottom line. What they tried to do, whether it's BB/the OC/Brady or the OC and Brady during the games when those critical ideological decisions are made with the execution failing, simply failed.

The fact is, I've never wavered from my premise here the whole time.  It's like they're angry at me for my opinion, want to agree with me after we see it fail again in the same way, and then choose to lash out at me for predicting the failure.

Also, what they would do is just blame the defense for every single little thing and held no one on offense accountable. Or, if they did, popular Rolodex excuses include, "the O Line sucks", "our WRs get no seperation", etc, and this is AFTER no one says a word about those things all year!

It's clearly rooted in the fact that our offense is very predictable out of the shotgun and Brady has his binky preference, which included names like Welker and Gronk at the top of the list.

I believe BB purposely has cleaned the slate here to force Brady to not play favorites. I really do. 

You drop one ball in a game, maybe false start or something and Brady stares you down, even if the throw sucked or Brady makes mistakes, and you're out of his Circle of Trust. That crap has got to stop and I think BB is trying to quietly and subtly make that stop.

EXACTLY RIGHT! When Tom Brady stopped being the #6 drafted QB with a chip and started being THE MAN is when we started to see our offense begin to gasp for air in clutch situations. Tom should get back to just leading by example and stop the whole leading by intimidation trend. Yes, he does play favorites, or better yet, trusts those he's closest to. His personal relationship with Wes made it easy for him to focus on him constantly. I hope the shake-up will force Tom back to being the reactive Tom we once had vs. the preplanned Tom we've seen lately. Predictable is an understatement. The Ravens and Giants have called them that for years. Time for some unpredictability. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

That's what they all do. They take more stock in Brady or Welker putting up huge numbers against average or weak Ds, and then act all confused when Brady's preferred offense and the one Welker has to have to be effective, fails in January or February.

It's failed. That's the bottom line. What they tried to do, whether it's BB/the OC/Brady or the OC and Brady during the games when those critical ideological decisions are made with the execution failing, simply failed.

The fact is, I've never wavered from my premise here the whole time.  It's like they're angry at me for my opinion, want to agree with me after we see it fail again in the same way, and then choose to lash out at me for predicting the failure.

Also, what they would do is just blame the defense for every single little thing and held no one on offense accountable. Or, if they did, popular Rolodex excuses include, "the O Line sucks", "our WRs get no seperation", etc, and this is AFTER no one says a word about those things all year!

It's clearly rooted in the fact that our offense is very predictable out of the shotgun and Brady has his binky preference, which included names like Welker and Gronk at the top of the list.

I believe BB purposely has cleaned the slate here to force Brady to not play favorites. I really do. 

You drop one ball in a game, maybe false start or something and Brady stares you down, even if the throw sucked or Brady makes mistakes, and you're out of his Circle of Trust. That crap has got to stop and I think BB is trying to quietly and subtly make that stop.

Rusty, YOU DO know that BB is the one who started all this when got Moss and Wes and failed to put anyone else good around him right? Didnt we learn this offseason that Brady doesnt determine personell. All we have been saying to you is "Blame the Man in Charge"

over the past year you have finally started to lay a little blame on BB, but you are still far too obsessed with Blaming Brady for everything. I mean did he have tunnell vision the last couple years?? Sure, but can u blame him. Outside of Gronk and Hern who are often injured TE's , what other outside, reliable options has he had to work with?? And please dont point to Branch in 10'. Thats more a testament to their relationship and Bradys ability to improvise with Brady in the huddle, but 4 years in Seattle, He S*cked! BB should have put better players around him and he wouldnt force it to Wes. BB is just fixing the Mess he Puth himSELF IN! So just  know that. We blame the Defense, because the Stats say they have been bottom of the barrel in pass defesne in a "passing League" as u like to point out. The Offense is always at the top in stats. The fact that we fail in the postseason is mostly due to better defenses shutting down the same predictable offense, only diff. is Wes is more wore down by seasons end. One of the tight ends is hurt, another a shell of himself. Run game getting stuffed, no coaching adjustments cuz their aint none to make with no alternative options. ONce Wes got his clock cleaned, it was game over! Whos fault is that for fielding a team with only reliable WR?!?!? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok, so you know this and yet you didn't know Rusty prior to yesterday?  Interesting.

You talk about being a piece of a machine, well Welker was a trusted and productive piece of that machine.  Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman were not.  So they get rid of the most productive piece of the machine and you don't question it? 

Amendola is not a proven player.  That's what I don't like.  They are taking a chance here, a big chance.  They took a big chance letting Moss go and it didn't work.  You can join Rusty and call it infatuation with Welker, I don't care.  It could have been any player that provided that type of production and I would have felt the same way.  Yet you and Rusty thinks it's all about me liking Welker.  It could have been Edelman providing that type of production and the Pats doing the same to him.  I would have felt the same way about Edelman.  But I guess with you and Rusty troll I would have been infatuated with Edelman.  LOL at you guys!

Being a former player like you said you were I would think you would be one to understand this.  Apparently you don't.  And let me just throw out to you, since you like to say you know people, I talked with Rodney Harrison last year and he was disgusted with the way the Pats were handling the Welker situation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Ok, so you know this and yet you didn't know Rusty prior to yesterday?  Interesting.

You talk about being a piece of a machine, well Welker was a trusted and productive piece of that machine.  Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman were not.  So they get rid of the most productive piece of the machine and you don't question it? 

Amendola is not a proven player.  That's what I don't like.  They are taking a chance here, a big chance.  They took a big chance letting Moss go and it didn't work.  You can join Rusty and call it infatuation with Welker, I don't care.  It could have been any player that provided that type of production and I would have felt the same way.  Yet you and Rusty thinks it's all about me liking Welker.  It could have been Edelman providing that type of production and the Pats doing the same to him.  I would have felt the same way about Edelman.  But I guess with you and Rusty troll I would have been infatuated with Edelman.  LOL at you guys!

Being a former player like you said you were I would think you would be one to understand this.  Apparently you don't.  And let me just throw out to you, since you like to say you know people, I talked with Rodney Harrison last year and he was disgusted with the way the Pats were handling the Welker situation.

TFB, First, you say "the most productive piece of a machine" was Wes Welker. There is no such thing as a "most productive piece of a machine." A machine only works well if all parts are in place and are working together for one purpose. When a part fails/underperforms, you replace it, as they did. Next, you say that Wes was the most productive? Wes also most recently produced two of the most critical drops in the two most crucial times of HUGE games. One is an accident, two is a trend in sports. The "What have you done for me lately" scenario is cruel, but essential in pro sports player evaluation as ability and numbers decline year over year after prime, which is where Wes is at, at this point in his career. PLEASE, don't mention Moss! Your sentimentality is so obvious by doing so as his better days were well behind him when BB pushed him out the door. Randy was D-O-N-E, DONE! when they let him go. There was no risk in that. The risk would have been letting him stay! Contamination is a hard thing to rid a locker room of.  Lastly, you speak of a talk you had with Rodney Harrison. Please don't forget that Rodney is a player advocate, loves the players union as he was a huge union guy, and the fellowship he enjoys with the guys both playing and retired is important to him. He gains nothing by saying anything that minimizes the importance of the "player" and their value to the organization they play for. Rodney Harrison is ALWAYS going to say the right thing about another player when it comes to their money or employment, otherwise he alienates and potentially harms his relationships significantly. That is taboo for a player who is retired to publicly do/say anything that could be perceived as negatively influencing another players paycheck. Don't forget, Rodney is alwasy FOR the player, while Coaches and GMs speak for the Orgnaizations. What Rodney says about another NFL player and his worth, value, etc. is absolutely meaningless when it comes to the harsh realities of the situation. There's a very strong bond and brotherhood between all NFL players despite their publc rivalries and differences. Once a player, always for the players.....unless you jump to management of course....  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, First, you say "the most productive piece of a machine" was Wes. There is no such thing as a "most productive piece of a machine." A machine only works well if all parts are in place and are working together. When a part fails/underperforms, you replace it, as they did. Next, you say that Wes was the most productive? Wes also most recently produced two of the most critical drops in the two most crucial times of HUGE games. One is an accident, two is a trend in sports. The "what have you done for me lately" scenario is cruel, but essential in pro sports as ability and numbers decline year over year after prime, which is where Wes is at this point. PLEASE, don't mentio Moss! Randy was D-O-N-E, DONE! when they let him go. There was no risk in that. The risk would have been letting him stay! Contamination is a hard thing to rid a locker room of.  Lastly, is a player advocate, big union guy, loves the players union and fellowship he enjoys with the guys playing and retired. He gains nothing by saying anything that minimizes the importance of the "player" and his value to the organization. Rodney Harrison is ALWAYS going to say the right thing about another player when it comes to their money or employment. Don't forget, Rodney is FOR the player, while Coaches and GMs speak for the Orgnaizations. What Rodney says about another NFL player and his worth, value, etc. is absolutely meaningless when it come to the harsh realities. Its a very strong bond and brotherhood!  

Ok, this is where I gotta stop.  Your post is garbage!!  Apparently your bond, your loyalty is not with the players even though you were a player???  WoW!!  It's actually amazing to see your take on the Welker situation as a former player!

Now you are taking the machine talk a little too far here and not giving credit where credit is due.  That's ridiculous. 

While I was really giving you the benefit of the doubt on here, I'm really starting to wonder about you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Sections
Shortcuts