Welker-Compensation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Welker-Compensation

Does the Amendola signing negate any potential chance of a compensation pick for Welker?

And say we didn't sign Amendola, is a 2 yr 12 million dollar deal even enough to net a 3rd round comp pick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Welker-Compensation

Also feel Donald Thomas should net at least a 5th, possibly a 4th.

I know it's still too early to tell, but figured I'd try to see where we stand as of right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Any comp picks for Welker, Thomas and whoever else leaves would be in 2014. This year's comp picks are based on last year's free agency signings/departures.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Any comp picks for Welker, Thomas and whoever else leaves would be in 2014.  This year's comp picks are based on last year's free agency signings/departures.

I know that. Just trying to assess what picks we may or may not end up getting

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any comp picks for Welker, Thomas and whoever else leaves would be in 2014. This year's comp picks are based on last year's free agency signings/departures.

My understanding is that a player that has 4 seasons with a team is an unrestricted free agent and is able to sign with any team after his last contract year. If he signs with a new team there is no compensatifor draft pick for the old team.

Players with three years with a team are considered restricted free agents and if signed by another team, the old team gets a draft pick From the new team. What the formulae is to assign the draft round, I haven't a clue. I hope throwing chicken bones is not involved however.

Sections
Shortcuts