Welker concussed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Welker concussed?

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Welker missed the 2009 playoff game when he was needed most. 

1 game in 6 years? Tell me how many he helped win over those 6 years.

Oh, and there was no way that team was winning that game even with Welker.  That team lacked heart in that game.  It was over before it even started.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Oh, and there was no way that team was winning that game even with Welker.  That team lacked heart in that game.  It was over before it even started.

He missed more than one, he missed a couple in earlier in that year and Edelman started in his place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I hope it isn't. And the only reason? So McCourty or Spikes can lay him out into the next millennium for bailing on the Pats. I want him to hurt, and I mean hurt after that game if he plays. Dropped the biggest pass of his career and then wants mucho dollars? After Brady restructured? Yeah, have fun in Denver now that is getting cold. Quack Quack..

Best line I've heard/seen in a while. Classic. Remember when I think Ryan Clark absolutely planted welkie years ago? That's what I wanna see sunday. 

Hey he was great for us and will always be beloved in a pats uni but he's the enemy now and it's gametime. Obviously so serious injury wished but a couple nice smacks would fire everyone up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

He missed more than one, he missed a couple in earlier in that year and Edelman started in his place.

When he was needed most?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Like him or not, if you are a fan of football you are hoping he is able to play next Sunday.  While him missing the game would be in the Pats favor and wouldn't take away the importance of the game it would take away a bit from the game, don't you think?  Brady vs Manning.  BB vs Welker.  Epic! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I hope it isn't. And the only reason? So McCourty or Spikes can lay him out into the next millennium for bailing on the Pats. I want him to hurt, and I mean hurt after that game if he plays. Dropped the biggest pass of his career and then wants mucho dollars? After Brady restructured? Yeah, have fun in Denver now that is getting cold. Quack Quack..

Best line I've heard/seen in a while. Classic. Remember when I think Ryan Clark absolutely planted welkie years ago? That's what I wanna see sunday. 

Hey he was great for us and will always be beloved in a pats uni but he's the enemy now and it's gametime. Obviously so serious injury wished but a couple nice smacks would fire everyone up

I would be very surprised if he plays, but if he does, HE IS THE ENEMY NOW. They need to crush him every chance they get and take his will to play away. Thats what defenders are supposed to do. So, when that big play is in the balance, Wes drops it, again........I don't want him hurt, I just want him to get on the airplan with ice bags straped to every inch of his body. GO PATS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

We need to go Gregg Williams on Wes "Benedict Arnold" Welker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, it will suck not seeing him in the blue silver and red

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Yeah, it will suck seeing him not in the blue silver and red

I can't believe he didnt drop that pass- must not have been the most important moment in the game

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, seems a lot of Pats fans are taking WW leaving the team rather personally.  I've never seen so much focus on a departed player like we are seeing with discussion after discussion about this "dearly" departed player.  With that said....

I wonder, how many players on the Denver team have asked themselves:  " How in the heck did the Patriots let Welker go? " 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Wow, seems a lot of Pats fans are taking WW leaving the team rather personally.  I've never seen so much focus on a departed player like we are seeing with discussion after discussion about this "dearly" departed player.  With that said....

I wonder, how many players on the Denver team have asked themselves:  " How in the heck did the Patriots let Welker go? " 

Wes Welker left after the Patriots offered more money multiple time. He's basically Ray Allen minus the championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, it will suck seeing him not in the blue silver and red

I can't believe he didnt drop that pass- must not have been the most important moment in the game

Oh, and he was lined up on the outside. LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I just don't know.... Is manning going to throw the interception that ends the Broncos playoff run this year or will Welker drop the pass? Maybe a combination of the two

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wes Welker left after the Patriots offered more money multiple time. He's basically Ray Allen minus the championship.

Hey wait, didn't they have a offer to Amendola before Welker?

Oh and I think Allen took a contract for less money to play for the Heat.  I believe Welker received more money to play for Denver then offered from the Pats?  Good comparison!  LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just don't know.... Is manning going to throw the interception that ends the Broncos playoff run this year or will Welker drop the pass? Maybe a combination of the two

I don't know.  All I really hope for is that the Patriots can make it to the SB this year and actually win it.  3rd times a charm, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Oh and I think Allen took a contract for less money to play for the Heat.  I believe Welker received more money to play for Denver then offered from the Pats?  Good comparison!  LOL!!

No they offered a contract to Wes first. But Wes the Ungrateful betrayed the Patriots a la Ray Allen or Benedict Arnold or, dare I say, Judas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No.  They signed Amendola only after they decided Wes was going to walk.  What the heck do you think they were doing for like 2 years before he left?  The fact is that Wes' agents misjudged the market for him and so the team moved on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is incorrect.  Wes only received a lesser offer from the Patriots AFTER they signed Amendola (although with the incentives I think he could have easily made as much as he is with Denver if not more).  The fact that NE came back with an offer at all after they had Amendola under contract speaks volumes about what they thought of Wes (i.e. they wanted him back).  Had his representation been reasonable during the offseason negotiations the past 2 years I imagine he would have been resigned and they would have never signed Amendola.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yeah, well, the timing was convenient, huh?

If that injury happens in week 1, Welker has missed roughly as many games, if not more, (in his career) than Amendola.

The feuding here over Welker/Amendola is absurd. Polarizing issue, but it seems that no one from the Welker camp can move on, and no one from the anti-Welker camp can get over themselves. 

I'm pro-Amendola and pro-Patriots. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

And Welker's contract offer from the Pats had much more guarenteed money than the Broncos offer- it might have even been fully guarenteed i dont remember for sure

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

If Wes does play, he's gonna wish he didn't. You gotta believe if Bill knows a player's weaknesses and tendancies, it Wes'. Fortunately for him, he has a good excuse now for not performing when his team needs him at that absolute most critical moment this time. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

....he didn't do enough to help the Patirots win a Superbowl...

Well neither did anyone else on the team.  Not even Brady.  Everyone was to blame, not just WW.
    The thing is, the first rule of leadership is you praise in public and criticize in private.  BB took his discipline of WW's foot fetish slam on Ryan public by benching him for a national audience to see.  I'm not convinced BB wanted him back. but if you're going to bench one of your most productive players and make an open show of it, don't expect your players to love you or go out of their way to give you a home town discount.  I love BB as a coach but some of his moves leave me scratching my head.  WW didn't bail on the Pats.  BB bailed on WW long before any offer was put on the table.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Yeah, well, the timing was convenient, huh?

If that injury happens in week 1, Welker has missed roughly as many games, if not more, (in his career) than Amendola.

The feuding here over Welker/Amendola is absurd. Polarizing issue, but it seems that no one from the Welker camp can move on, and no one from the anti-Welker camp can get over themselves. 

I'm pro-Amendola and pro-Patriots. 

No, had Welkers ACL happened in week 1 he still wouldn't have missed as many games as Amendola has during their careers.    And the games played vs games missed during career would still heavily favor Welker.

Why are people turning this into a Welker vs Amendola thread?   I thought we all moved on?  Apparently not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I thought we all moved on?  Apparently not.

Yeah, no kidding. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dreighver -  +1.  Gotta get past this WW thing and quit bringing him up.  Get the feeling it is a "deathwish" type of thing onto WW to just see him fail misersably in Denver, but, he's not?

Sections
Shortcuts