welker could be out until week 9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

welker could be out until week 9

this is a bummer if its more then a speculation.with welker being out,its hurting the offense.we need the other receivers to step up.when the pats play these real tough defenses,its guys like welker that balances the pressure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4515281

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2964

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: welker could be out until week 9

I hope it isn't true but Edelman is learning quick. He's no Welker but if his hands keep improving and the more comfortable he gets playing wr I think he'd be enough to tide us over till Welker gets back. Just imagine if Edelman continues to get the ball 5-8 times a game and developes further, we could see a 2 possession reciever set underneath. This alone will make teams have to chose between doubling Moss or blitzing. You can't have both when you have 2 quick wr's who excel in gaining yards after the catch working the middle of the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

If you read carefully, it doesn't say "shut down until", it says "shut down around", meaning they'd probably not play him the week before the bye and give him time to get the surgery and rest for a couple weeks so he's ready for post-bye week play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

The notion that Welker even has swelling in his knee is entirely conjecture at this point.  "If I had to guess, it would be swelling in the knee" were Reiss's words, or to that effect.

I am hoping that Reiss has just learned the ESPN rule that sources and facts are optional and that this is not the case with Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

If welker was going to be out until week 9 i dont think he would be seen practicing.. he'll be questionable for the ravens game.. 50/50 chance he plays..if he doesnt play this week look for him to play next week..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Practicing 2 days in a row isn't recommended for swelling.  If Welker practiced Wednesday and the knee didn't respond well, he would have been sat down for Thursday.  Sounds like at least a 75%-25% chance for this next game.

P.S. Edelman is becoming a great Welker.  It's all about tremendous lateral acceleration.  At his pro day Edelman had shuttle times so unbelievably low the scouts had to run him a second time.  Then he beat his earlier times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

it is                       just speculation

they are being very careful with welker

I personally dont think he will be out much longer but I understand the difficulty with knees

I think reiss is being a bit pessimistic  about welker while I am optimistic.

Somewhere in the middle is realistic.... shutdown for the season, I doubt it 

I also doubt that he will be available this weekend. 

Regardless, I am not worried. Galloway will improve. Edelman is a stud in the making , Watsons hands have been much more reliable so those are all positives. 

As is the fact that the patriots have the core Bill, Brady and Moss

The offense will work it out. Thats what makes this TEAM great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

and if the offense has more issues and needs a new wrinkle

I am sure there are some creative ways that qb/wr edelman can be used.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I don't trust anything out of ESPN.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Welker was that badly injured, why is he practicing with the team? Wouldn't it be easier to just shut him down till week 9? 

I'm not buying it. Welker would've played against the Falcons had it not been for the rain. He'll play this week, pending the weather. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

It's probably better if he doesn't play for NE. Last time he faced the Ravens he got clobbered by Corey Ivy of all people, all game long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

Where is Terrnace Nunn???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen a shred of evidence this is true and its 6:23 on the 2nd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd rather see him out another week or two then to try and come back early and ends up missing the rest of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts