Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

Welker drops third down pass leading to Broncos punt

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

ur an idiot...this is beyond petty

Stop lashing out because the Giants stink. You are making yourself look pathetic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team.  Maybe you should look at his drop rate ratio for the past years and tell me where he shows up on that list.

More production then Edelman and Amendola have been able to provide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Stop lashing out because the Giants stink. You are making yourself look pathetic

oh its got absolutely nothing to do with the Giants. Nice try tho. Its because its petty and makes pats fans look like the spoiled sour grape types many are. : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

oh its got absolutely nothing to do with the Giants. Nice try tho. Its because its petty and makes pats fans look like the spoiled sour grape types many are. : )

i think it is going to take the giants years to rebuild. Sorry for you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team.  Maybe you should look at his drop rate ratio for the past years and tell me where he shows up on that list.

TB, 

I don't have the exact stats in front of me but it was posted here last year that Welkers drop rate was among the lowest in the league among its top receivers. I'm tired of trolls posting every time Welker drops a pass. For all of the production and yardage he gave this team, playing injured he should have been resigned. The Pats offense isn't producing this year and as much as I've always supported BB, I pretty pissed that both Welker and Woodhead were let go. Woodhead so far this year has 49 receptions on his way to about 90 for the year while Brady suffers because he has no targets to throw to.

Amendola was a mistake and Edelman can't find ways to stay healthy.

Hetch 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

here's an article on his drops- he led the league last year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

TB, 

I don't have the exact stats in front of me but it was posted here last year that Welkers drop rate was among the lowest in the league among its top receivers. I'm tired of trolls posting every time Welker drops a pass. For all of the production and yardage he gave this team, playing injured he should have been resigned. The Pats offense isn't producing this year and as much as I've always supported BB, I pretty pissed that both Welker and Woodhead were let go. Woodhead so far this year has 49 receptions on his way to about 90 for the year while Brady suffers because he has no targets to throw to.

Hetch 

Hetch, I have to disagree.  Sure WW had great years here, but no SB.  I think alot of people are still angry about the SB drop.  The Pats tried to sign WW but it didnt work out.  This happens. As far as Woodhead, I liked him as well, Vereen is a better player when healthy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

TB, 

Hetch 

Hetch, I have to disagree.  Sure WW had great years here, but no SB.  I think alot of people are still angry about the SB drop.  The Pats tried to sign WW but it didnt work out.  This happens. As far as Woodhead, I liked him as well, Vereen is a better player when healthy. 

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players. As I've said on BDC with the Red Sox, Ted Williams had a 21 year career and never won a World Series and I don't see Boston fans pissed at TW. Your point is well taken but pointless. Plus I saw that SB and still like others will disagree. That pass was high, off target and on Welkers wrong shoulder. It would have taken a miracle to catch, plus there were many other factors in that game that attributed to the loss, not just that one pass. As to Vereen, yeah when healthy, but the Pats have little depth out of the backfield that can catch a football. Woodhead should still be on the Pat's roster. Letting him walk was a bonehead move by BB.

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

TB, 

Hetch 

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players. As I've said on BDC with the Red Sox, Ted Williams had a 21 year career and never won a World Series and I don't see Boston fans pissed at TW. Your point is well taken but pointless. Plus I saw that SB and still like others will disagree. That pass was high, off target and on Welkers wrong shoulder. It would have taken a miracle to catch, plus there were many other factors in that game that attributed to the loss, not just that one pass. As to Vereen, yeah when healthy, but the Pats have little depth out of the backfield that can catch a football. Woodhead should still be on the Pat's roster. Letting him walk was a bonehead move by BB.

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

a miracle catch? if he caught it no one would have said it was a special catch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

TB, 

Hetch 

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

+1, Vareen,Amendola,and Edleman are very good players when healthy. The Operative Words are " when healthy"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i think it is going to take the giants years to rebuild. Sorry for you!

ok Nostodammus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

TB, 

Hetch 

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players

Agreed, but more than it is one player it was the offensive style around that player, the Pats couldnt capture a title with most likely there best offenses.  Its the spread style and throwing to WW 20 times a game for 3 yards and not running and controlling the clock.

A perfect pass, maybe not but certainly not a miracle catch.  He got both hands on it and dropped it.

Id like to have DW right now too, but you cant have everyone.  Remember when AH used to line up in the backfield?  BB fault as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The thread has the feel and vitriol of someone dumping on an ex-girlfriend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team.  Maybe you should look at his drop rate ratio for the past years and tell me where he

TB, 

Hetch 

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

A voice of reason. Couldn't agree more. There was no downside to Pats resigning Welker and Woodhead. I have nothing but respect for what they did when with the Patriots and what they offer as players to the NFL. Class acts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Um, I think you need to review that article, CHAMPSXLVIII.  Let me show you why...

I don't see Welker anywhere near the top in the drop rate list. There is a difference between drops and drop rate. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I didnt say he led the league in drop rate- he led the league in drops- he drops the ball a lot-

esp for a possession receiver-

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team."

Don't totally agree. 

Nor do I agree with anyone who claims Amendola was a "mistake" and so forth. 

Here's why: both teams are where they want to be right now. I do think it's possible with Welker the Pats might have one more win (Cincy game) and the Broncos might have one more loss but that's about it. 

Neither one of these teams are interested in just having a very good regular season. 

Therefore, despite the rush to judgement i see on all sides, this trade can't be properly assessed until the postseason. 

Bottom line - whichever of the two teams makes (and preferably wins) the Super Bowl made the right move. 

Welker did have a couple very costly postseason drops while he was here. Nor did we win a ring while he was here. That is fact. But, the same facts could be true pretty soon about Amendola - or not. 

Time will tell and time is what it takes to resolve this. 

Right now, my own view is we probably should have re-signed Welker. But I won't make a final judgement until the postseason is done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I didnt say he led the league in drop rate- he led the league in drops- he drops the ball a lot-

here's a better chart: how many games Danny IR actually plays

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

translation: Welker when he was a Patriot-tough, team guy, best 3rd down weapon, more recs last 6 yrs than anyone etc....
    Welker on the Broncos: overrated, greedy, selfish, unclutch blah blah blah

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

But you reference a drop rate article.  Who cares about drops.  Sure, if you get targeted 166 times you are going to have some drops, don't you think?  15 isn't bad for 166 targets and 133 catchable passes.  I would take that all day long, all season long, every year.  It's pretty fantastic!!  Kind of right there with Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall and Megatron.  I bet TFB throws the ball a lot harder then Manning, Stafford and Cutler too.

Drops don't mean much.  Gotta look at the drop rate. 

No disrespect but pretty worthless thread and point you are trying to make.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Um, I think you need to review that article, CHAMPSXLVIII.  Let me show you why...

I don't see Welker anywhere near the top in the drop rate list. There is a difference between drops and drop rate. 

Yeah, crappy receivers who never get thrown to have zero drops.  That doesn't make them good.  The drop rate is a far more meaningful statistic than the absolute number of drops.  Welker was actually one of the most reliable receivers in the NFL.  Those who are trying to pretend he was "bad" do sound like jilted little boys.  There was a reason Welker was so popular in New England for so many years--he was good and extremely reliable.  He continues to look pretty good and reliable in Denver too.

I fully believe BB would have liked to have kept Welker.  I just think he didn't want to overcommit cap dollars to a guy Welker's age.  When the Pats weren't able to work out something for Welker, they went to their second choice, Amendola.  Amendola offered some upside potential that Welker, at his age, didn't have.  Amendola also had similar, but slightly different, skills that potentially might make him a little more versatile than Welker.  The downside, is Amendola had never produced as consistently as Welker and was injury prone.  It will take a season or two to see if Amendola ends up being equivalent to or better than Welker for the Pats.  But as of now, there's no doubt Welker continues to be the far more productive receiver. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How's that compare to pats drops this year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Doesn't matter how many he drops during the regular season, we'll never forget that he dropped the one that matters.

Sections
Shortcuts