In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only singled out the players that other fans classify as great players. I had hoped they could have re-signed Welker but regardless of whether he was still a Pat or not the fact remains he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced that game away.

As for Samuel IMO I thought he drifted in coverage always trying to guess correctly. He was able to do that early in his career and make up for it with athletic ability but as he has aged in football years he hasn't been as successful playing that kind of style.

[/QUOTE]

And he made a number of catches in the SB that gave them a chance to have that drop to begin with. I hate silly arguments like this because it's like blaiming Buckner without realizing they wouldn't have even be in the WS without him. To lay blaim for 1 play without recognizing the amount of plays that came before that to even give that play a shot to happen is just blind. As TFB mentioned numerous other players made mistakes when the game was on the line and had plenty of chances also. Harrison not being able to knock a finger tip grab out, Samuel not getting an int, the DL not getting a stop, Brady tossing an int for a drive that became a turning point in the game. It's funny people pick out that one moment but fail to recognize that in Buckners case they had a whole game to play afterward and in Welkers case that wasn't the last series in the game. People just need goats and Welker being so dependable sticks out because you didn't expect him to drop the pass, even though it wasn't an easy pass to catch in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

Did you knw after that Buckner tried to commit suicide?   He jumped in front of a bus, but it went thru his legs. 

[/QUOTE]

hohoho! oh that philly is such a wit!

NOT

[/QUOTE]

Eeeeeee youuuuuuu eeeeeee yoiuuuuu.  Ticket buddy.  Do you have a mt Washington plate too?  I mean that's the next site in line with old man in the mountain.   

[/QUOTE]

philly that siren is beyond stale...rigor mortis has set in...try and find something better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I only singled out the players that other fans classify as great players. I had hoped they could have re-signed Welker but regardless of whether he was still a Pat or not the fact remains he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced that game away.

As for Samuel IMO I thought he drifted in coverage always trying to guess correctly. He was able to do that early in his career and make up for it with athletic ability but as he has aged in football years he hasn't been as successful playing that kind of style.

[/QUOTE]

And he made a number of catches in the SB that gave them a chance to have that drop to begin with. I hate silly arguments like this because it's like blaiming Buckner without realizing they wouldn't have even be in the WS without him. To lay blaim for 1 play without recognizing the amount of plays that came before that to even give that play a shot to happen is just blind. As TFB mentioned numerous other players made mistakes when the game was on the line and had plenty of chances also. Harrison not being able to knock a finger tip grab out, Samuel not getting an int, the DL not getting a stop, Brady tossing an int for a drive that became a turning point in the game. It's funny people pick out that one moment but fail to recognize that in Buckners case they had a whole game to play afterward and in Welkers case that wasn't the last series in the game. People just need goats and Welker being so dependable sticks out because you didn't expect him to drop the pass, even though it wasn't an easy pass to catch in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

I never once said he didn't contribute or that his one drop alone caused the loss. I said " he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced the game away."

He was a significant contributor to the Patriot offense when he was here and also during that game. My commnets were in context to great players making the plays that make a difference in big games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Troy Brown>Wes Welker

Truth.

Bwahahahahahaha! 

When did this become a troy brown discussion?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I never once said he didn't contribute or that his one drop alone caused the loss. I said " he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced the game away."

He was a significant contributor to the Patriot offense when he was here and also during that game. My commnets were in context to great players making the plays that make a difference in big games.

[/QUOTE]

I apologize but how you stated it made it sound like a backhanded way of blaiming him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Welker is no longer a Patriot..  why this continued fascination with this guy?  If he is dropping passes with Denver, that is their problem not the Pats.  Let's focus on Patriot players!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team.  Maybe you should look at his drop rate ratio for the past years and tell me where he shows up on that list.

More production then Edelman and Amendola have been able to provide.

[/QUOTE]

TB, 

I don't have the exact stats in front of me but it was posted here last year that Welkers drop rate was among the lowest in the league among its top receivers. I'm tired of trolls posting every time Welker drops a pass. For all of the production and yardage he gave this team, playing injured he should have been resigned. The Pats offense isn't producing this year and as much as I've always supported BB, I pretty pissed that both Welker and Woodhead were let go. Woodhead so far this year has 49 receptions on his way to about 90 for the year while Brady suffers because he has no targets to throw to.

Amendola was a mistake and Edelman can't find ways to stay healthy.

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]

Hetch, I have to disagree.  Sure WW had great years here, but no SB.  I think alot of people are still angry about the SB drop.  The Pats tried to sign WW but it didnt work out.  This happens. As far as Woodhead, I liked him as well, Vereen is a better player when healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players. As I've said on BDC with the Red Sox, Ted Williams had a 21 year career and never won a World Series and I don't see Boston fans pissed at TW. Your point is well taken but pointless. Plus I saw that SB and still like others will disagree. That pass was high, off target and on Welkers wrong shoulder. It would have taken a miracle to catch, plus there were many other factors in that game that attributed to the loss, not just that one pass. As to Vereen, yeah when healthy, but the Pats have little depth out of the backfield that can catch a football. Woodhead should still be on the Pat's roster. Letting him walk was a bonehead move by BB.

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

[/QUOTE]

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players

Agreed, but more than it is one player it was the offensive style around that player, the Pats couldnt capture a title with most likely there best offenses.  Its the spread style and throwing to WW 20 times a game for 3 yards and not running and controlling the clock.

A perfect pass, maybe not but certainly not a miracle catch.  He got both hands on it and dropped it.

Id like to have DW right now too, but you cant have everyone.  Remember when AH used to line up in the backfield?  BB fault as well.

[/QUOTE]

Welker barely got the fingtips of both hands on it !! Again it has nothing to do with style built around "one" receiver unless it is a QB. Only a fool builds an offense around one reciever or running back. In today's NFL a successful coach builds a diversified offense. One does not build an entire offense around one slot receiver and Wes Welker averaged between 10-12 yeards per catch not three. If you want to lay blame, lay it on BB for not balancing out the offense by drafting or developing a speedy outside receiver like Julio Jones of the Falcons.   

And yes from what I could see it would have taken pretty close to a miracle catch, but I realize others disagree. Recievers and QBs in the NFL do make exceptional throws and catches but there are drops as well. It is part of the game and to expect any reciever to make a miracle or next to impossible catch every time a ball is thrown within range is expecting way too much.

Hetch 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wes Welker, the receiver version of P Manning. Great regular season stats, but when that one play needs to be made, he never made it. At least as a Pat he didn't.

[/QUOTE]

Very short sighted opinion !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

[QUOTE]

So I guess Asante Samuel doesn't deserve negative attention from dropping an easy game winning int in 42 because the offensive line played poorly

[/QUOTE]

Another silly Pink Hat with a dumb opinion heard from !!

Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you knw after that Buckner tried to commit suicide?   He jumped in front of a bus, but it went thru his legs. 

[/QUOTE]

Stupid joke from an idiot. I've had a very close friend who suffered with depression for years and finally ended his life by putting a bullet through his skull. Suicide is nothing to joke about or make light of. Your attempt at humor shows what a stupid human being you must really be. PATHETIC !! 

Buckner missed a ball between his legs and was crapped upon for years because of one error. Do you know before that error he was a great player with a very long fine career, but folks seem to remember only that one event. Buckner suffered personally from depression for many years because of people like you and never deserved the garbage thrown his way. Baseball is only a game.  

Hetch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Welker over his career with the Pats made lots of crucial catches that helped the Pats make it to the playoff every year he was in Foxboro. The argument that he didn't make catches at a crucial time is so full of holes it's like building a submarine with screen doors. 

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Welker over his career with the Pats made lots of crucial catches that helped the Pats make it to the playoff every year he was in Foxboro. The argument that he didn't make catches at a crucial time is so full of holes it's like building a submarine with screen doors. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he helped us get into the playoffs then let the pats down when it counted the most

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he helped us get into the playoffs then let the pats down when it counted the most

[/QUOTE]

BS !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me repost since obviously you either missed it or you don't care about facts and are looking for a scapegoat.

During the last 2 drives there were 4 passes that were dropped that affected the game.  Welkers was first, then Branch dropped 2 in a row on the final drive and Hernandez dropped one.  

12 men on the field.. OUCH!

The defense allowed Nicks and Manningham to have big day

The defense couldn't get off the field.  Giants had the ball for 37 minutes.

An injured Gronk on the field was a problem.

My man TFB did make a bad decision throwing a hail mary pass to an injured Gronk who couldn't go up and get it, resulting in an int.

Out coached

The defense allowed an 88 yard final drive TD in the last few minutes of the game to lose it.

Feel free to add to the list if you would like.

So um, yeah.... blaming Welker is a silly argument.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Welker dropped a ball in the afc championship game last season that might have cost the patriots a visit to the super bowl.

In super bowl 46, he dropped the game winning catch.

He should change his name to Wes Welcher. Good Riddance!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Welker dropped a ball in the afc championship game last season that might have cost the patriots a visit to the super bowl.

In super bowl 46, he dropped the game winning catch.

He should change his name to Wes Welcher. Good Riddance!

And your little grey cells can't make much sense of what others write because you're too short sighted. Onto IGNORE you go with the other TROLLS & NIT WITS I've blocked !!

Hetch 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Wes Welker should have caught that pass in the super bowl. Not because it was easy but because he got two hands on it and because he is Wes Welker, a probable hall of fame wide receiver. Even Collinsworth was shocked Wes did not catch it. That being said I don't blame Welker for losing the super bowl. If he catches it the odds of winning increase but a field goal would not have iced it there. It's a team game and they lost it as a team. The offensive line was atrocious in both Giants super bowl losses and Merriweather dropped an easier int in 2007 that Samuels did.

I don't blame the Pats for cutting their ties with Welker. I loved Welker while he was here and I wish him well (no super bowl wins but pro bowls galore). An offense of Gronk, Amendola and Hernandez would have been as good as anyone if it had happened. Welker was great but he was expensive. Hindsight on Hernandez is 20/20 but I thought Hernandez could easily catch 80-100 passes a year making up for a lot of Welker's production. Now we got the worst of both worlds. No Welker, no Hernandez (even if he is somehow found innocent I would never want him anywhere near the Pats) and half a season without Gronk and Vareen. Yet the team is 7-2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Really can't blame any player for not giving "hometown" discounts.  Fans all over will turn on you in an instant.  Welker is a great player.  I can't stand credit crooks, people who try to deny credit to someone when credit is due.  Here's the best part of Welker's game....are you ready for this....he actually steps onto the field and plays each week and plays well.

Blaming the SB loss on Welker is illogical on so many levels.  It's analogous to a politician losing an election by 1 vote, singling out 1 voter who voted for the other guy, and then blaming that person for the loss.  It would be different if everyone was playing great on offense and his drop was the only bad play in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really can't blame any player for not giving "hometown" discounts.  Fans all over will turn on you in an instant.  Welker is a great player.  I can't stand credit crooks, people who try to deny credit to someone when credit is due.  Here's the best part of Welker's game....are you ready for this....he actually steps onto the field and plays each week and plays well.

Blaming the SB loss on Welker is illogical on so many levels.  It's analogous to a politician losing an election by 1 vote, singling out 1 voter who voted for the other guy, and then blaming that person for the loss.  It would be different if everyone was playing great on offense and his drop was the only bad play in the game.

[/QUOTE]

what is that one voter was his wife who the politician had grown to depend on. and that one vote cost him the super bowl... i mean election

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Preach on dude!  You are absolutely correct in every thing you wrote.  The guy put it all out on the field game after game.  I bet people here praised him after every game between 2007 and 2012 then went full t@rd on him when he wanted to get paid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Well - he did force the team to franchise him- turning down a more than fair 2 year 16 million dollar deal- then totally misjudged his worth in free agency- he really acted like a turd!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Well - he did force the team to franchise him- turning down a more than fair 2 year 16 million dollar deal- then totally misjudged his worth in free agency- he really acted like a turd!

[/QUOTE]

What was his first deal worth?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he was underpaid before- but that doesnt change the fact that he was offered more here on several occassions -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he was underpaid before- but that doesnt change the fact that he was offered more here on several occassions - he's basically ray allen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

he was underpaid before- but that doesnt change the fact that he was offered more here on several occassions - he's basically ray allen

[/QUOTE]

Lame.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I apologize but how you stated it made it sound like a backhanded way of blaiming him.

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame anyone. It is football either you make the play or you don't. he didn't make that play and it contributed to not being able to win the game. Ask any coach and they will tell you within the context of the game there are a handful of plays that make a difference in determining the outcome of any game.

As far as SB 46 goes the handful of plays that had a detrimental impact within the context of the game were:

The Safety - set tone for game & put Pat's in a hole

12 men on the field - Cost them 7 points

Int inetended for Gronk - bad play call and poor decison by the QB

Welker Drop - Could have possibly iced the game.

Nink offside -  that cost the pat's field position and allowed the Giants to take an additional time off the clock.

Did any of these plays on their own cost them the game? tough to say on their own most likely not. In the context of the game if anyone of these plays don't happen or go the other way it is possible and in some cases most likely the outcome would have been different.

Sections
Shortcuts