Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

So I guess Asante Samuel doesn't deserve negative attention from dropping an easy game winning int in 42 because the offensive line played poorly

Another silly Pink Hat with a dumb opinion heard from !!

Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

You have every right to to criticize my opinion. Calling me a pink hat is laughable.

Call me a homer if you want or bias or a die hard but i don't think pink hat's have been fans since the early to mid 70's, attending games since the mid to late 80's or have been season ticket holders since the mid 90's only missing a few games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Really can't blame any player for not giving "hometown" discounts.  Fans all over will turn on you in an instant.  Welker is a great player.  I can't stand credit crooks, people who try to deny credit to someone when credit is due.  Here's the best part of Welker's game....are you ready for this....he actually steps onto the field and plays each week and plays well.

Blaming the SB loss on Welker is illogical on so many levels.  It's analogous to a politician losing an election by 1 vote, singling out 1 voter who voted for the other guy, and then blaming that person for the loss.  It would be different if everyone was playing great on offense and his drop was the only bad play in the game.

Very good analogy.  If multiple other plays had gone better, the Welker incompletion wouldn't have mattered.  The outcome of a game is the result of 130 or so plays, not a single play.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

So I guess Asante Samuel doesn't deserve negative attention from dropping an easy game winning int in 42 because the offensive line played poorly

Another silly Pink Hat with a dumb opinion heard from !!Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

You have every right to to criticize my opinion. Calling me a pink hat is laughable.

Call me a homer if you want or bias or a die hard but i don't think pink hat's have been fans since the early to mid 70's, attending games since the mid to late 80's or have been season ticket holders since the mid 90's only missing a few games.

Apologies for my insult. I over reacted and was wrong. Still don't agree with you though !! I'm just tired of the "let's dump on WW" conversation. Great player do make great plays in important moments but great players also make mistakes, strike out, drop passes, etc in big moments. The trouble here is people are only remembering that one play which I find ridiculous. 

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Get over the Welker thing already. This board and this topic sounds like a bunch of bitter Jilted lovers whining on Dr Phil....ENOUGH ALREADY HE'S A BRONCO !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Another silly Pink Hat with a dumb opinion heard from !!Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

Apologies for my insult. I over reacted and was wrong. Still don't agree with you though !! I'm just tired of the "let's dump on WW" conversation. Great player do make great plays in important moments but great players also make mistakes, strike out, drop passes, etc in big moments. The trouble here is people are only remembering that one play which I find ridiculous. 

Hetch

Not a problem. Not dumping on WW just putting that play in the context of the outcome of the game along with a handful of other plays i mentioned in another post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I would take a his drops for all the production he gave this team.  Maybe you should look at his drop rate ratio for the past years and tell me where he shows up on that list.

More production then Edelman and Amendola have been able to provide.

TB, 

I don't have the exact stats in front of me but it was posted here last year that Welkers drop rate was among the lowest in the league among its top receivers. I'm tired of trolls posting every time Welker drops a pass. For all of the production and yardage he gave this team, playing injured he should have been resigned. The Pats offense isn't producing this year and as much as I've always supported BB, I pretty pissed that both Welker and Woodhead were let go. Woodhead so far this year has 49 receptions on his way to about 90 for the year while Brady suffers because he has no targets to throw to.

Amendola was a mistake and Edelman can't find ways to stay healthy.

Hetch 

Hetch, I have to disagree.  Sure WW had great years here, but no SB.  I think alot of people are still angry about the SB drop.  The Pats tried to sign WW but it didnt work out.  This happens. As far as Woodhead, I liked him as well, Vereen is a better player when healthy. 

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players. As I've said on BDC with the Red Sox, Ted Williams had a 21 year career and never won a World Series and I don't see Boston fans pissed at TW. Your point is well taken but pointless. Plus I saw that SB and still like others will disagree. That pass was high, off target and on Welkers wrong shoulder. It would have taken a miracle to catch, plus there were many other factors in that game that attributed to the loss, not just that one pass. As to Vereen, yeah when healthy, but the Pats have little depth out of the backfield that can catch a football. Woodhead should still be on the Pat's roster. Letting him walk was a bonehead move by BB.

Hetch 

Respectfully, Hetch

What does one player have to do with winning a Superbowl when it takes a roster of 53 players

Agreed, but more than it is one player it was the offensive style around that player, the Pats couldnt capture a title with most likely there best offenses.  Its the spread style and throwing to WW 20 times a game for 3 yards and not running and controlling the clock.

A perfect pass, maybe not but certainly not a miracle catch.  He got both hands on it and dropped it.

Id like to have DW right now too, but you cant have everyone.  Remember when AH used to line up in the backfield?  BB fault as well.

Welker barely got the fingtips of both hands on it !! Again it has nothing to do with style built around "one" receiver unless it is a QB. Only a fool builds an offense around one reciever or running back. In today's NFL a successful coach builds a diversified offense. One does not build an entire offense around one slot receiver and Wes Welker averaged between 10-12 yeards per catch not three. If you want to lay blame, lay it on BB for not balancing out the offense by drafting or developing a speedy outside receiver like Julio Jones of the Falcons.   

And yes from what I could see it would have taken pretty close to a miracle catch, but I realize others disagree. Recievers and QBs in the NFL do make exceptional throws and catches but there are drops as well. It is part of the game and to expect any reciever to make a miracle or next to impossible catch every time a ball is thrown within range is expecting way too much.

Hetch 

I see him get both hands on it, but obviously we dont agree.  How about his reaction or his teammates reaction to the play.  Pretty telling there.

You keep saying it takes 53 players, how can it be so bad if BB let this one player walk?  After trying to sign him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Wes Welker should have caught that pass in the super bowl. Not because it was easy but because he got two hands on it and because he is Wes Welker, a probable hall of fame wide receiver. Even Collinsworth was shocked Wes did not catch it. That being said I don't blame Welker for losing the super bowl. If he catches it the odds of winning increase but a field goal would not have iced it there. It's a team game and they lost it as a team. The offensive line was atrocious in both Giants super bowl losses and Merriweather dropped an easier int in 2007 that Samuels did.

I don't blame the Pats for cutting their ties with Welker. I loved Welker while he was here and I wish him well (no super bowl wins but pro bowls galore). An offense of Gronk, Amendola and Hernandez would have been as good as anyone if it had happened. Welker was great but he was expensive. Hindsight on Hernandez is 20/20 but I thought Hernandez could easily catch 80-100 passes a year making up for a lot of Welker's production. Now we got the worst of both worlds. No Welker, no Hernandez (even if he is somehow found innocent I would never want him anywhere near the Pats) and half a season without Gronk and Vareen. Yet the team is 7-2.

Agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

Get over the Welker thing already. This board and this topic sounds like a bunch of bitter Jilted lovers whining on Dr Phil....ENOUGH ALREADY HE'S A BRONCO !!!

+1 - better things to discuss..  like the upcoming game against the Panthers!

Sections
Shortcuts