Welker drops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Welker drops

4 dropped passes by Wes last night, so that I believe is 13 on the season...Of course we all all remember the BIGGEST drop of all last season. Im wondering if the drops we're seeing is one of the reasons the local sports talk shows all have him gone next year....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Welker drops

yeah...he was really miffed on the sidelines after they scored another TD.  He was rippin' at himself.  It seems this year he's had a lot of drops on apparent routine passes.  With all those drops, it's amazing that he still leads the league in receptions per target percentage...or at least did until last nights game. 

I won't get on the guy too much...he knows well enough that he had a bad game personally.  He doesn't care about the stats, but it kills him that he didn't come through for the team. 

I still think that pass from Brady in the SB was absolutely horrendous and put that more on Brady's throw than Welker unable to twist himself backwards, five feet in the air, reaching behind him a few feet, etc.  That's just my opinion and it won't change.  I respect other folks' views thinking that he should have caught it regardless...but it's old news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sad part is in all the sports talk here, nobody has him back with the Pats next season. I'd love to see him back with a 3 year deal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

"take all your cash out of the bank, morgage the house, and pawn all your property and take it to Vegas to double your net worth overnight - its that simple... - ccsjl

"Houston by 10... that's my pick "...?  -ccsjl

Yur dum...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

"take all your cash out of the bank, morgage the house, and pawn all your property and take it to Vegas to double your net worth overnight - its that simple... - ccsjl

Yur dum...

Well did you take my advice? If so you would have doubled your net worth..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

MOMMY COME QUICK - a guy on here called me a f-tard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

How about explain your post,  which makes no sense...  Thanks.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

His % of passes caught vs targeted has declined about 8% this year.  That said, he is still doing well.  He's just slightly less of a beast than normal.  He's still the guy we can rely on when nothing else is working.  He's still Mr. Durable.

If he is gone next year it will unlikely be do to his drops.  I'd imagine it will have more to do with him wanting a longer deal than the Pats do or he wants to be the highest paid WR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Yur dum...

Well did you take my advice? If so you would have doubled your net worth..

You did lose a bet to Rusty.  Man up and honor it.  Don't post anymore.  Your horrible predictions and troll-like negativity won't be missed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

His % of passes caught vs targeted has declined about 8% this year.  That said, he is still doing well.  He's just slightly less of a beast than normal.  He's still the guy we can rely on when nothing else is working.  He's still Mr. Durable.

If he is gone next year it will unlikely be do to his drops.  I'd imagine it will have more to do with him wanting a longer deal than the Pats do or he wants to be the highest paid WR.

declined 8% this year?  Compared to when?  His receptions per target is at 66.9% as of right now, 2011 was 70.9% and 2010 was 70.5%.

Even at 66.9% this year he is still out performing all the other top receivers in receptions per target. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This offense isn't as good without Welker . I sure hope they can work out a deal to keep him here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

declined 8% this year?  Compared to when?  His receptions per target is at 66.9% as of right now, 2011 was 70.9% and 2010 was 70.5%.

Even at 66.9% this year he is still out performing all the other top receivers in receptions per target. 

I was going by these stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5941/wes-welker

It only shows this year, and then career.  I should have been more accurate and stated that he is 8% below his career average.  He must have had much higher percentages prior to 2010 then.  I couldn't find current stats on dropped catchable passes.  That would be the only true measurement.

I agree with you that he is still a top receiver.  All receivers drop passes.  I'll give guys like Welker more slack because they are always trying to catch a ball in a crowd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

4 dropped passes by Wes last night, so that I believe is 13 on the season...Of course we all all remember the BIGGEST drop of all last season. Im wondering if the drops we're seeing is one of the reasons the local sports talk shows all have him gone next year....

Listen you fraud, LEAVE THE BOARD. That was our wager.  You LOST the bet and must leave for the rest of the season. You accepted the terms and it was witnessed by others.

LEAVE.

The mods have told you to leave a dozen times and you're still here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wes definitely drops more than he used to. But I have a feeling he is going to make a HUGE play to redeem himself. Maybe in this year's SB. I hope so. He's one of my favorite players. It would suck for him to be rememberd as a guy who caught a ton of passes but got butterfingers on the most important catch of his career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Receptions per target isn't definitive regarding drops.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was going by these stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5941/wes-welker

It only shows this year, and then career.  I should have been more accurate and stated that he is 8% below his career average.  He must have had much higher percentages prior to 2010 then.  I couldn't find current stats on dropped catchable passes.  That would be the only true measurement.

I agree with you that he is still a top receiver.  All receivers drop passes.  I'll give guys like Welker more slack because they are always trying to catch a ball in a crowd.

There is a option to display complete splits on the lower left side and it will show year by year breakdown.

They started keeping track of targets in 2006, if you take 2006 through 2011 his receptions per target is 73.1%, currently for 2012 his receptions per target is 66.9% so actually his drop from career % and current % is 6.2%, not 8%. 

I know, I know, we are splitting hairs here but really, if you are going to publish stats please make sure they are correct.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Receptions per target isn't definitive regarding drops.

It certainly plays a big role.  I have already explained this, where have you been?

Here is a perfect example...

Reggie Waynes most productive season was 2007, his receptions per target in 2007 was 66.24%. That year Peyton Manning completed 65.4% of his passes.

Wes Welker, I will use this year since everone says he is dropping so many this year, after 13 games his receptions per targets is 66.9%.  After 13 games Tom Brady's completion % is 64.4%, lower then Mannings in 2007.

So lets look here... Manning had a higher completion % in 2007 then Brady has this year yet Wes Welker is catching 66.9% of his targets compared to Reggie Wayne who caught 65.4% of his targets.

Hmmm!  Doesn't look like Welkers drops are really a factor here, now does it.  Seems to me people are blowing the drops thing way out of proportion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There is a option to display complete splits on the lower left side and it will show year by year breakdown.

They started keeping track of targets in 2006, if you take 2006 through 2011 his receptions per target is 73.1%, currently for 2012 his receptions per target is 66.9% so actually his drop from career % and current % is 6.2%, not 8%. 

I know, I know, we are splitting hairs here but really, if you are going to publish stats please make sure they are correct.

You're taking this stuff way too seriously.  The number I posted was indeed accurate if you compared the career numbers against his 2012 numbers, but it was a flawed methodology.  Breaking out the seasons, his reception % fell roughly 4% between 2009 and 2010, and it looks like he is taking another 4% drop this year.  I assume the knee injury would account for the drop that occured in 2010.  I'm surprised it wasn't greater than that.  As we BOTH say, he is still a very good receiver.  Nonetheless, he has experienced a slight decline in reliability.  Well, we can't even say that with certaintly without viewing stats that show how many of the passes he didn't catch were catchable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is not directed to DJ as I think he was just pointing out an observation and said the guy is still great but.....

Welker suks

Mayo suks

Ninko suks

This was directed at T-cal because that's what his posts imply on mulitiple threads.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

if you are going to publish stats please make sure they are correct.

You really aren't in a position to be lecturing caraway about anything

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts