Welker drops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Welker drops

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you are going to publish stats please make sure they are correct.

[/QUOTE]

You really aren't in a position to be lecturing caraway about anything

[/QUOTE]

That means nothing coming from you.  As for Caraway, if we are talking stats, all I am asking is that they are correct.  His stats were not correct and the numbers were skewed, which gives the wrong impression of what true picture is.  Nothing wrong with me saying that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're taking this stuff way too seriously.  The number I posted was indeed accurate if you compared the career numbers against his 2012 numbers, but it was a flawed methodology.  Breaking out the seasons, his reception % fell roughly 4% between 2009 and 2010, and it looks like he is taking another 4% drop this year.  I assume the knee injury would account for the drop that occured in 2010.  I'm surprised it wasn't greater than that.  As we BOTH say, he is still a very good receiver.  Nonetheless, he has experienced a slight decline in reliability.  Well, we can't even say that with certaintly without viewing stats that show how many of the passes he didn't catch were catchable.

[/QUOTE]

Not taking it way to serious, just point out the facts that people are making totally blanket statements instead of educated comments based on facts.  Wes Welker gets open and catches a higher % of his target passes then any of the so called top receivers in the league.  FACT!!  So if he is dropping so many passess and getting so old then this stat would show differently.  The fact that he is getting open and catching a higher % of his target passes shows that drops and age is not a factor in what he does compared to other top receivers.  He out performs them all here.  When his % drops below these top receivers % then there is a very good argument about drops and age but until then these people just need to keep their mouth shut because they are wrong and this stat proves it!!

In short... It doesn't matter how many drops Welker has, catchable or uncatchable, the fact that he is catching a much higher % of his targets compared to other top receivers shows blows away any assumption of Welker getting old and drops affecting the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I didn't get to see the 2nd half of the game the other night, but Wes did make a helluva catch down by the endzone where there was some confusion if he was down by contact or not. 

He's still the go-to guy when the Pats need to move the chains. I still say a long term deal will be done to keep him around until he retires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 dropped passes by Wes last night, so that I believe is 13 on the season...

[/QUOTE]

OMG...that's around 1 drop per game this year!!! He sucks!! Definitely get rid of this useless receiver....he is all done!! And for those that don't smell the sarcasm in my typing...trust me...it's there!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dmpc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dennard dropped a pick, too, they should cut him.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, get rid of him, he is getting old!!  Oh, wait......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 dropped passes by Wes last night, so that I believe is 13 on the season...Of course we all all remember the BIGGEST drop of all last season. Im wondering if the drops we're seeing is one of the reasons the local sports talk shows all have him gone next year....

[/QUOTE]It happens.  How many games did he catch EVERYTHING his way and we said BOO??!!  But, he drops a few and this forum is all over him.  Give the guy a break!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i thought the majority of TB's misses were to Welker

but i thought when TB wasd going thru that 1/7 phasethey weren't relly on target