Welker Get Well "card"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Welker Get Well "card"

Let's show the love. This guy left his heart on the field yesterday. I know mine was broken. I've never "felt" an injury like I did seeing him go down grabbing his knee.

Let's see how many we can get to respond to this. God knows, he could use some encouragement right now. 

May your recovery be swift and complete Wes. We know you'll be back next year to pick up where you left off! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

Re: Welker Get Well "card"

You beat me to it.

Lets show some support for a great player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Seeing him sobbing on the sideline almost brought me to tears.  Welker is the epitome of everything good in sports.  There isn't an athlete I can think of who deserves this less than him.

At the same time, if there's anyone who can come back strong from that injury, its Welker.  He has more heart than some entire NFL teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He brought it every day and was certainly the MVP of the team. Great idea, hopefully a mod will sticky this so we can get a ton of responses. I was a fan of him the second he came to New England. My girlfriend and I cheered him on since he came here, and she was ecstatic to find out that they shared the same birthday. I'm crushed that he's out for the playoffs, so I can't even imagine how he's feeling right now. Good luck Wes, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I hope Wes has a speedy recovery and a bright future

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Good luck in the months ahead with your recovery.  We know that with your guts you will come back even better.  Can't wait to see you play your next game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Wes Welker is one of my favorite players ever to wear a Patriots uniform. It has been a joy to watch him on the field every Sunday, and I can't think of a single game in which I didn't see him showing toughness, smarts, and great competitive spirit. And who doesn't love the underdog aspect -- the undersized, undrafted kid out of Texas Tech who goes on to one day lead the NFL in receptions?  I have such respect and love for him.

Best wishes for a smooth, speedy recovery, Wes. We're all thinking of you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

They don't come any better, he certainly has won the hearts of all NE fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I just posted a thread about this, but sort of good news, MRI confirm the worst but he's expected to make a full recovery and be back by the START of next season...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/05/mri-confirms-torn-knee-ligaments-for-welker/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

It was very emotional to see him crying on the sidelines. Just shows you how much he loves the game. But, I think most of us already knew how big his heart is. Even as a Steeler fan, I just love watching him play, because he never, ever, takes a play off. Was really looking forward to watching him in the playoffs. Hope his recovery goes well, fantastic, tough-as nails competitor! Good luck Wes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ziggy. Show ziggy's posts

Wes - you will be missed during the playoffs. See you in the playoffs next year. Get well soon. We are all behing you!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Watching him go down for the count was heart breaking.  The guy works so hard and leaves everything on the field everyday.  I know we never met the guy, but this guy trully does represent us as a region.  I am proud to have Wes Welker as a New England Patriot.  Welker will get his Super Bowl ringS here.  Let start with 1 this year. 

we all loved the old #83 Deion Branch, but Welker's work has made us forget him because Wes Welker has been that much better. 

Hope to see him healthy and ready to go next year. 

Go Patriots

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xcaliber. Show xcaliber's posts

Your heart and drive is inspirational even to an old vet like me!!! Best of luck and take the time you need to recoup, don't rush and ruin yourself permenantly. Thanks for your plays

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

Wes.. I love you so much. You bring it every week and your a class act and a hard worker. Noone is tougher than you out there.

After all the tough hits you take and get right up, it wasnt fair for you to be injured that way.

Please get well soon. It just wont be the same without.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I heard some news that doctors expect him to be ready for next season. A lot better then I thought at first. Anyway I feel more sorry for Welker than the team because he was having another outstanding year and he is a great role model on what hard work and grit will do for you! Get well Wes and hope to see you giving Defensive coordinators nightmares soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

Get well, stay strong, Wes.  You are a class act!  It is a privalage to watch you, We are lucky to have you on the Team we all route for. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from burko. Show burko's posts

I live in New Mexico, am a huge Patriots fan and was as devasted as much as any New Englander to see our boy Wes go down.No one has shown more guts on the field than he has.I have been a ski racer and blown out my ACL and MCL also.For what it's worth after I recovered I skied better than ever.Wishing you a full recovery Wes and can't wait until your back on the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dv8ed. Show dv8ed's posts

Get well Wes!  Patriots nation loves ya! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Wes you are the new Tedy Bruschi.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from linfrat. Show linfrat's posts

It broke my heart to see you on the sideline, sobbing with pain, frustration and anger.  You epitomize the New England Patriots in terms of heart, courage and dedication.  Can't wait to see you back on the field as it won't be the same without you.  You have "done your job" and done it very, very well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 83PatsFan. Show 83PatsFan's posts

Wes - We wouldn't be where we are today without YOU!  Have a quick recovery, and we will see you on the field next season!!!  Laughing  We miss you already!!!

GO PATS!!!!  GO PATS!!!  GO PATS!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnboy12. Show johnboy12's posts

Wes,

I wish you a speedy recovery and know you will be back next year strong and more determined than ever.

You are in the thoughts and prays of all Patriot Fans and many Sport Fans all over.   Your play and love of the game have won our hearts and we believe in your successful return to the Patriots.

Best Wishes.

A Fan of Wes Welker and the Pats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lord71. Show Lord71's posts

Wes is the Best.  Get well, my friend, you are missed.  You are an honest athlete with a drove of fans behind you and your speedy recovery.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breakfastclub. Show breakfastclub's posts

Get well, Wes, from the thousands of fans and non-Patriot fans alike who anguish over your misfortune, who spoke about it at the breakfast diner and around the cooler on Monday but whom you won't hear from because of busy lives. We all still care and hope for the best recovery possible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Not next season, the season after. He is a dedicated player he'll do everything to return to form..but it takes time beyond the surgery and the rehab.

Sections
Shortcuts