Welker has disdain for Pats ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Welker has disdain for Pats ?????

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Here we go.  Wes looking for the big payday, going public before next week's FA push.  If he wants just money, that's fine, but he won't be here if that is the case.

His main concerns after 2 SB losses where he could have played better, should be in getting his best chance to go back and try to win one.

This whole "I must get 9 million per or more" is ridiculous.  He's not a 10 mil WR because he doesn't score TDs like those guys do.

Brady did it.  Why not Wes?

Umm, did what? Brady has take hometown discounts and worked with BB to keep friendly, team deals on the books.

Why not Wes is right?  If I am him, I am looking for 6 mil per guaranteed over 2 years and then asking for 8 in 2015.  That's 30 million over 4 years if you count 2012.

What is with these numbers these players like Mankins and now Welker come up with anyway?  Who decides that Mankins must get 9 million and Wes now must get a minimum of 9?

These players need to take an economics course or admit that they care only about the money, not trying to win.

went public looking for a payday.  Oh how quickly we forget the who "disconnect" fiasco.  And lets not forget that Brady, over the next 2 years is actually earning more of 1.5 mill per year more of that 18 mill per former contract. 

I will say this, though, the pats are fortunate to have Gisele as Brady's partner.  With her earnings, he can be more generous by forgiving some of his. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

so much for Yahoo Sports......lol

They helped Brady get his.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

so much for Yahoo Sports......lol

They helped Brady get his.

What exactly are you trying to prove with these comments Dogg? I don't really understand your angle.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

players use the media to fuel contract negotiations.  Owners do too. 

Welker may be doing that now, just as Brady did a few years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

and I have disdain for butterfingers who cost us one Super Bowl and aided in a 2nd loss. F him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Who really cares about this stuff, if he signs a new deal w/ the Pats great if not we move on. It's a business.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Who really cares about this stuff, if he signs a new deal w/ the Pats great if not we move on. It's a business.

exactly! it is a business. and you know as well as I do that TB knows that with all his weapons wes is the number one guy he knows he can rely on. TB has a few precious years left to get to the big dance and we as pats fans all know how much wes means to the owners on downin this organization. Welker knows what side his bread is buttered. He signs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Mild case of disdain can be cured with a lucrative, team friendly contract. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Disdain? That is such a load of B-S!! The guy caught 118 passes...and you guys believe this media attempt at creating drama??? Spare me.....talk about a bunch of media driven nonsense!! Don't you think he's feeling pretty positive about LEADING the entire NFL in catches??? Who would feel "disdain"?? What a complete joke!!

And for the Wes haters out there....be prepared to hate some more. I say there is no possible way he doesn't get resigned.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

NE needs to re-sign wes. he has been apart of so many super bowl champion teams it would be suicide to let him go.

Besides Brady...can't you pretty much say that about anyone since 2004?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Report: Welker has some 'disdain' for Pats

A source close to Wes Welker told Yahoo Sports that the free agent has "somewhat mild disdain" for the Patriots after OC Josh McDaniels used him sparingly in last year's season opener.

Per Cole, "that bit of tweaking stuck in Welker's craw all season," and "there's a little bit of paranoia in the Welker camp" about his role if he re-signs with New England. Welker shared time with Julian Edelman in Week 1, and Edelman started over Welker in Week 2. The Pats eventually turned back to Welker as a featured player, but only after Edelman and Aaron Hernandez got injured.         

I HAVE DISDAIN for a guy who can be remembered more for two of the most devastating drops in Patriots history instead of all of the 100's of catches he lead the league with. One loses a Superbowl and the next likely costs them a chance to go to a Superbowl. Back to back seasons Mr. Disdain is a factor in our failure to win. BIGTIME PLAYERS MAKE BIGTIME PLAYS IN BIGTIME SITUATIONS....TAKE A HIKE LITTLE GIRL......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this deal the Patriots are close to agreeing with Welker is more than 7.5 million per season I don't know if that's a good thing, but then again at least you know what you're getting in Wes.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If this deal the Patriots are close to agreeing with Welker is more than 7.5 million per season I don't know if that's a good thing, but then again at least you know what you're getting in Wes.

Yeah! you're getting great numbers during the regular season then devastating drops when it matters most. One loses a Superbowl and the next likely costs them a chance to go to a Superbowl. Back to back seasons Mr. Disdain is a factor in our failure to win. BIGTIME PLAYERS MAKE BIGTIME PLAYS IN BIGTIME SITUATIONS....TAKE A HIKE LITTLE GIRL......

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts