Welker injured, done for season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff7971. Show jeff7971's posts

Re: Welker????

Belechick has really F'ed up this year! Playing Welker is the icing on the cake...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

toadio - I agree. The injury looked like a hyperextended MCL as it happened, but there could be more damage in addition.

We'll know better when they tell what they want us to know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USARMY1. Show USARMY1's posts

The team looked like crap. This defense has not been able to stop anyone all year..and when the offense looks bad..it gets worse. Brady looked like garbage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

jeff7971= whining bandwagon fan or phony troll?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

First: 1/3/2010
    Last: 1/3/2010

Troll or bandwagon?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Like Brady we will find out the extent of the injury when we hear Welker is getting operated on......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

BB wanted to get this team ready for playoffs and they got blown out in the fourth quarter again. Welker or not, this team and especially the offense does not have what it takes. THEY CANT SCORE ANY POINTS ON THE ROAD IN THE SECOND HALF!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Pats season is OVER 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

nice backpeddle root.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckmano. Show duckmano's posts

That's a bummer.  I love this guy.  He is the heart and soul of the team.  I still think they can win the first game at home.  After that?  One can only guess.  I like Edleman, but he is certainly not Wes Welker.  GO PATS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shocker10. Show shocker10's posts

Re: Welker

Welker's done....let's deal with that right now....obviously he was emotional because he knew something was very wrong. 

I think this team's in trouble guys....it's a transition year for the D....also known as the year all the draft picks BB traded the last few years catches up to us. 

For what it's worth...I think playing the starters was the right move...Welker was hurt on a cut....could have happened in practice.

I'm hoping for the Jets in the first round.....then honestly the Colts....if any team can pull off something out of nothing it's Pats....Let's do it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

The injury to Welker is very unfortunate.  Hopefully, Wes will recover in time for the beginning of the 2010 season.  However, anyone who thought that the Pats were going to the Super Bowl this year (even with a healthy Welker) is suffering from delusions.  Face it, sports fans.  Defense wins championships and the Pats' defense isn't even close to being Super Bowl ready.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snipe30299. Show snipe30299's posts

What you people do not understand is that accidents and injuries are less important than winning the game!!!  We must ingore the risk to win the game.  Why did we play Brady and all those starters at the end of 2008?  Becuase perfection is a goal all its own. have you people not seen the trophy? 

The same trophy we get for winning the 11th game of th season?  Geez...what game are you watching? 

So, do not worry about losing Welker for the playoffs. we pplayed like men for the last game of the season with a QB with cracked ribs and now a second riecver who is out for a year!!! 

Rejoice the effort, rejoice the attitude...rejoice the game as we play it.

Super bowl be damed!!!  

Love Bill B. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

I wish Welker all the best!  The Pats medical staff obviously has experience with players that have torn their ACL and MCL.  This guy is such great player and just a solid human being!  Maybe the team will suddenly convert into a power running unit.  We do have the backs to do it!  If any team can overcome this is our Pats!  Running the ball effectively will also keep opposing offenses like San Diego and Indy off the field, which let's face it is our best chance of winning.  Maybe BB has another miracle SB left in him (01').  This may also unite this team and give us another us against the world mentality.  GO PATS!!!!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

understripe - nice backpeddle root.

What back peddle? That is exactly what I wrote during the game thread. 

So, why didn't the Colts go for the Wayne and Clark milestones last week?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Worse move all year  !
    This game really meant nothing but something for the Texans . I guess he didn't want to hear it from the NFL playing dead for another team. This is when you need to be selfish and think only of your own team.
    Why the commish would have fined the Pats for not playing their starters ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

What back peddle? That is exactly what I wrote during the game thread. 

LOL - Root, here is EXACTLY what you said

It looked like a slight hyper-extension to the medial collateral of his left knee.
    He'll be back for the playoffs.
    That rabbit's dynamite!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

To all those that said Welker and Co should not be playing....YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS.  It's football...this happens.  This could of easily happened in practice or on the first play in the 1st round.

The defense will decide how far this team goes in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

How many of you brainless twits have crawled out from under your rocks today? Do the real Pats fans a favor and crawl back in

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdiddy. Show mdiddy's posts

i am an orthopaedic surgeon at Mass General.  Here is my professional opinion: welker appeared to walk off the field in, as what we in the medical field refer to as, a gimpy manner.  His gimp limp was an obvious 60% weight distribution leading me to believe it's a full out tear of all major tendons.  as this may sound like the worse case scenario, there is a radical new approach in fusing up to three l's together making for a super macdl tendon.  it will actually make his knee stronger, more steve austin like if you will.  we could do the surgery on tuesday and have doing the walkthrough on friday.

i'm tired of hearing the med students of the world offering their opinions on the matter.  if we listened to such text book answers, we would not have stapled and glued schills tendon together in the the crucial games of '04.

-Dr. M. Diddy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momepat. Show momepat's posts

I think I stopped breathing when Welker was holding his knee.  The luck of the Pats!  Without Welker, our offense will not be the same threat and I don't care how much Edelman can fill the position.  Oh, and by the way, the way the defense played in the game, we will be one and done, if lucky.  Giving up over 400 yards again and 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter is not saying much for the defense.  Maybe next year folks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m diddy - LOL.

Your brother puffy called.  He said lay off the pipe.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Leon you sad little boy. You do realize this internet tough guy act won't compensate for your tiny manhood or crackho mom

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Leon's post seems to have had a short life

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3099233. Show user_3099233's posts

We will be fine.  We gave up too many rushing yards because our best defensive linemen were out.  The running game allows the passing game to go.  Houston has a very talented offense and our best corner was also out.  People need to relax.  Edelman can definitely get the job done.  I think we will be fine.

Sections
Shortcuts