Welker injured, done for season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lcarlost. Show lcarlost's posts

Re: Welker????

Radioham...Am I missing something? I thought that Manning started the last Indy game! Are you saying that he couldn't have gone down on the first play? Sorry, but not a very good post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrambled-eggs. Show scrambled-eggs's posts

How about "win one for Welker" as the locker room motivator this week. Nuts to the passing game, forget 2007, remember 2004, bring on the running game, grind it out, run down the clock as fast as you can.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

Defense wins Championships!

If the O-line blocks well, Pats put a 30+ a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

stop with blaming bb. even if we had a bye next week the starters would have still been in the game in the first quarter, when this happened. is this good for the pats? no, but c'mon did you really see them going that deep into the playoffs? now we will never know, but i wasn't too excited about them making it past the wild card round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from turtle1234. Show turtle1234's posts

Anyone else think the field might have played a role in this? It looked terrible at the start of the game. I also saw someone slip later as well. Reliant hosted the Texas Bowl on 12.31.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCFP. Show SCFP's posts

It’s going to be tough w/o having Welker (whom MANY, MANY, both fans & media alike, believe is/was the Pats true MVP this season); Edelman gave it a gallant shot at being ‘WW 2’ yesterday, but he’s still a rookie and lacks Welker’s game experience and knowledge of the defensive opposition.

I like our chances next weekend at the Razor, where the “GOOD KHARMA” winds have been blowing steadily this season; after that though, the thought of doing in again in San Diego the following week (like in 2006) is not as encouraging, especially without WW.

I never thought I’d say this, as I’ve absolutely HATED the Jets (on the same level of animosity as with the Dolphins) as long as I’ve been as Pats fan [since 1960], but if the Pats don’t make it past the Divisional Round, then - I can’t believe I’m actually saying this – but I’d ALMOST like to seen the Jets take the AFC title, simply to shut-up all the Colts and Charger fans who’ve been piping about the ‘greatness’ of their teams’ this season, especially those low-life & spiteful ones who’ve been making nasty, gloating comments in the wake of the devastating injury to WW.

GO PATS !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Smarten up guys!

Look back to 2007. The Pats had everything going into the SB and let it slip. My point? Anything can happen. If F-ing Eli Manning can spin around in circles with his eye closed as he's getting thrown to the mat and a receiver catches the ball with one hand and a helmet - Anyting can happen in these games! I can remember in some of these playoff games half of the team coming down with the flu in the bye week and getting their a55es handed to them. Quit moping around. Pats will get it done!

Just one of the silver linings - These opponenets wont be able to game plan against Welker. BB could use this to his advantage to fake the D on opposing teams out of their jock straps. Mix it up - keep em guessing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrQuestion. Show MrQuestion's posts

THANK CHRIST!!! NOW IT WILL SOON BE OVER FOR THE PATS!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

P-u-s-s-ys!! Welkers injury could have happened during route drills no contact. For all the doom and gloomer go f-uc-k yourselfs you aren't fans. We will be at the bowl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Should have NEVER played - !!!!!  Too late now....another BONEHEAD move by BB & Company!  They have been making bad moves all year - here is another one.  Not only we lose him for next week - we probably won't have Welker Next year too! 
    time to OPEN up the Wallet Mr Kraft!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCJRMOM. Show CCJRMOM's posts

Bad news, but I think we will be ok.  Edelman is a good pick up.  I am sure Wes will work with him.  Get well Wes.  We will definitely miss you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Bleep happens. Sometimes not even during a game. Bill didn't do anything wrong. I'm proud of our team. Go Pats!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I see bugboy Leon has pulled out all his phony ravens personae. Hang it up bug everyone knows it's you and your internet tough guy act

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vh588083. Show vh588083's posts

This is not good-its definately going to hurt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

This is a most costly loss for the Pats. IMO, Its just a matter of time before guys like Welker, Rodney,Troy, & yes LT get hurt. The way they play game all out takes a toll. Nevertheless, good luck against the poser Ravens. Hope to see ya soon in SD.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Not having Welker isn't the problem.

Dean Pees is. Another big lead, another 4th quarter defensive meltdown. I'm convinced this team will never hoist another Lombardi so long has he remains DC. His D's late game implosions have been dissolving leads since 2006. If he remains as the DC in 2010, the the fault becomes BB's for being stubborn.

With 3 broken ribs and a broken finger, Brady should sit in favor of Hoyer on Sunday. If the OL couldn't protect Brady from the Texans, I doubt they will do so vs Baltimore. If Brady gets hurt Sunday, it could affect the 2010 season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abe711. Show abe711's posts

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard cuban. We are IN the playoffs NOW!! Play to win NOW. You know how hard it is just to make it to the playoffs. "Sit Brady"? You must be truelly joking!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abe711. Show abe711's posts

Remember when Bledsoe went down? I thought we were done that year. We juat have to pull together and show that Pounding Patriot Pride. WE CAN DO IT!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

Welker is one of the best receivers of all time, and one of the most important parts of the Pats offense. However, in the world of pro sports nothing is certain. N.E. might have beaten Houston by 20 points, players get more confidence and relax a little. N.E. now has to play a team that they beat in week 4, and then loses the game. Things could have played out that way.

Now everyone is fired up due to the loss of Wes and the game at Houston, each player turns it up a few notches, attention to detail is increased, Welker's backup works his tail off all week....and the team responds !! Things can play out this way.

Obviously it's never good to lose a playmaker, but we never know what will unfold until the game is played. 

P.S. Don't envy the Colts ...they may have given away their mojo. Backing into the playoffs is never a good idea.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWF. Show RWF's posts

Well, stick a fork in 'em - they're done.  The defense is absolutely atrocious, even when the so-called "good guys" are playing, etc.

OK, nothing good can be gained from this.  When does the Sox van leave for Florida?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

There is not a team in the playoffs that should have their fan base alienate them for any reason. A "true fan" would not give up on their team so easily. You gonna pull your jersey out of the trash if they win?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Wes Welker is one of the most respected players in the entire league for performing at such a high level, and taking big hits week after week.  Let's not be fooled into thinking Edleman is in the same universe as Welker.  It going to be a tough playoff road for the Patriots.  It is time for Dr. Genius to come up with the game plan of his life if the Patriots hope to survive into the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Leons pride? You and the rest of the New Jersey pinkhats (giants and jets) gave up on your teams weeks ago...Pride, give me a break. Have fun next week, because its over next week. Do you think the bengals will throw that game....think not

Hey is it true, that you actually said that the reason the jets lost to the patriots was because someone pulled the fire alarm in the hotel? Do you have a link or proof to this story? Just like you can prove you played DIV1 football!!!! Mumbbles strikes again...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"There is not a team in the playoffs that should have their fan base alienate them for any reason. A "true fan" would not give up on their team so easily. You gonna pull your jersey out of the trash if they win?"

amazing, isn't it? ravens' trolls have the stones to come here and start running their mouths again already. Have you forgotten the latest azzwhipping the pats laid on your bigmouth, whining, thug ravens just a few weeks ago? That makes them 0-7 against the pats, I believe.

Some people just never learn.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Wes  -  good luck buddy.  MVP.  

How many smackdowns did you take and jump right up.

You are awesome.  

See you in 2011.

Sections
Shortcuts