In response to ANumber1Roy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He said Sherman should do less interviews and worry about his play on the field.

My god.  If Welkie does not win a ring, I mean, whoa.  This guy is going to be hearing footsteps all night long and he best not drop any balls.

He also says he can take anyone 1 on 1.

"Quit doing one-on-ones, man," Welker laughed. "Every time I look up he's doing one-on-ones. Stick to the field, man, stick to the field."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319339/article/wes-welker-on-facing-sherman-ill-take-anyone-1on1

BB made the right move here, regardless of what happens on Sunday. The self serving stuff was building here for a little while and I am starting to wonder if what Brady ended up doing for Moss, to force him passes, etc, to build stats to help him with his contract situation, which may have been more reason to walk from Welkie.

[/QUOTE]

imbecilic posts like this from u REALLY make me wanna see Denver win...watching u and way too many of your fellow petty ingrates look for any reason at all to bust on Welker after what he gave ur sacred Pats- how dare he want to get paid for being the most productive receiver in the game for 6 years! He should pay the Pats for the privilege of playing for them! - us going to make seeing him with the Lombardi that much better. And Danny IR was a crap move no matter how u twist it. Great Value u got there!

[/QUOTE]

He took less to go to Denver. It's complete selfishness and arrogance on his part.

He rejected 16 million guaranteed, which means he would have been paid 8 this year vs the 4 or 5 (whatever it is) this year.

Welker may not even be able to play next year, certainly not at 8 million.  You call that value? LOL

[/QUOTE]

He got less guaranteed from New England if anything. They countered with incentives including making All Pro and playing 75% offensive snaps of season. Belicheck already benched him to start the previous season so what makes you think he wouldn't purposely cut his playing time to not reach that incentive. The fact Welker gave them a chance to match after being low balled and underpaid among his peers for his production shows he was willing to remain a Patriot. Instead Belicheck got cute signing Glass Amendola which did absolutely nothing in the big games but drop passes that people like you cried about Welker doing when he is among the most targeted and reliable players we had. Easy to be among the top in drops when you play more and are targeted more than everyone. Welker winning a Superbowl would be karma for Pat fans that wanted him gone after all the good years he gave the team. I'm glad Welker's run in with Talib caused Belicheck to lose cause his ignorance of refusing to pay production and drafting poorly refusing to listen to his scouting department regarding Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon are why his teams lack depth and start undrafted rookies.

[/QUOTE]

No.

Welker was given a 2 year extension in the fall of 2011 for 16 million GUARANATEED. There were no incentives. It was a flat 8 mil per year deal that he rejected.

He's being paid I think 4.5 this year guaranteed. 8 is more than 4/5 mil.

Get it?

We've been over this a dozen times or more here on this board.  Welkie thought he was worth more, became self centered, entitled, etc, like Brady has, and BB and Kraft were stunned that offer was rejected.

So, they tagged him at 9.5, which is still the most money he's ever seen by any franchise in one season.

[/QUOTE]

So he thought he was worth more, so what?  Its so surprising that you would begrudge a guy his opportunity to finally earn a big contract.  When the pats balked on that, Welker took the tag and walked. 

This contract situation makes it so obvious how much Belichick hates to lose at anything and everything.  That's a wonderful thing except that it leads to things like this AND things that happened at the beginning of the 2007 season. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Welker Mouthing Off

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker is a thug

[/QUOTE]

Funny

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopez8173. Show lopez8173's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He said Sherman should do less interviews and worry about his play on the field.

My god.  If Welkie does not win a ring, I mean, whoa.  This guy is going to be hearing footsteps all night long and he best not drop any balls.

"Quit doing one-on-ones, man," Welker laughed. "Every time I look up he's doing one-on-ones. Stick to the field, man, stick to the field."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319339/article/wes-welker-on-facing-sherman-ill-take-anyone-1on1

BB made the right move here, regardless of what happens on Sunday. The self serving stuff was building here for a little while and I am starting to wonder if what Brady ended up doing for Moss, to force him passes, etc, to build stats to help him with his contract situation, which may have been more reason to walk from Welkie.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Fox will use the brilliant coaching move of benching Welker for the beginning of the game to teach him a lesson.  Bwhahahahaahahahahaha!  

It's hilarious because BB did that and it backfired and the patsies lost to the Jets in the biggest choke in the history of the NFL.  BB outcoached by Rex.  Bwahahhahahhahha!

[/QUOTE]

Wrong the biggest choke game in the NFL was the pats losing to my beloved giants in 2008... What is and always will be hilarious are the jets who remain the butt jokes and laughingstock of the NFL when one thinks of the jets one can only think of sore and big losers and what I detest most of all is jets fans trying to ride the Giants bandwagon  so you as a jets fan when the Giants once again rise to the top please do us  true giants fans a favor and stay on that lonely lane the jets have been on for many decades lol and don't swing into our direction because we don't need a bunch of fan base losers supporting the Giants... If you are new yorker it's either or no in between or both enough said!!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Welker holding the franchise hostage?  That has got to be one of your most pathetic comments EVER.  EVER.  He didn't like the offer so the team franchised him.  What Welker did is nothing like what Mankins did, either.  Yet, Billy embraced Mankins like his own son when he came back into the fold.  I guess Welker's excellence for Bill just wasn't Bill's cup of tea.   

The foot thing is overblown too.  Since you've brought up Mankins, what Welker said was soooo much less inflammatory than Mankins.  Mankins called the organization liars. 

And trust me, Boston doesn't demonstrate any kind of integrity or team concept better than any other market.  If they did, then they wouldn't have an Indy kid coaching the Celtics.  So, what you are saying is that a person is beloved as long as the team dumps him but only if the team dumps him, is that right?  If a player leaves for a better situation then he is a traitor.  Is that right?  If that's what you think, you are mentally ill. 

Your statement:

NE's very rich offer was more than generous and he rejected it. Ok, duly noted, you're gone.   BB doesn't let one player or a few players put themeselves above the commitment to the team.  If you do, even if you want to stay on your specific terms, you're gone.

This does not jibe at all with how Mankins was treated.  So either your statement can't be true or the pats are hypocrites.  Take your pick. 

And please spare me the righteousness of what a player deserves and what he does not.  As a free agent he is free to get as much as he can however he can.  He produced for Belichick more than any other receiver in NE history - more catches.  #2 in yds. - #1 yds per game.  The guy did nothing but move the chains for your team. 

Final point - get over it.  Welker walked away from a low offer.  If the pats really wanted him, they had their chance.  They passed.  Now Welker is in the Superbowl. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

imbecilic posts like this from u REALLY make me wanna see Denver win...watching u and way too many of your fellow petty ingrates look for any reason at all to bust on Welker after what he gave ur sacred Pats- how dare he want to get paid for being the most productive receiver in the game for 6 years! He should pay the Pats for the privilege of playing for them! - us going to make seeing him with the Lombardi that much better. And Danny IR was a crap move no matter how u twist it. Great Value u got there!

[/QUOTE]

He took less to go to Denver. It's complete selfishness and arrogance on his part.

He rejected 16 million guaranteed, which means he would have been paid 8 this year vs the 4 or 5 (whatever it is) this year.

Welker may not even be able to play next year, certainly not at 8 million.  You call that value? LOL

[/QUOTE]

He got less guaranteed from New England if anything. They countered with incentives including making All Pro and playing 75% offensive snaps of season. Belicheck already benched him to start the previous season so what makes you think he wouldn't purposely cut his playing time to not reach that incentive. The fact Welker gave them a chance to match after being low balled and underpaid among his peers for his production shows he was willing to remain a Patriot. Instead Belicheck got cute signing Glass Amendola which did absolutely nothing in the big games but drop passes that people like you cried about Welker doing when he is among the most targeted and reliable players we had. Easy to be among the top in drops when you play more and are targeted more than everyone. Welker winning a Superbowl would be karma for Pat fans that wanted him gone after all the good years he gave the team. I'm glad Welker's run in with Talib caused Belicheck to lose cause his ignorance of refusing to pay production and drafting poorly refusing to listen to his scouting department regarding Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon are why his teams lack depth and start undrafted rookies.

[/QUOTE]

No.

Welker was given a 2 year extension in the fall of 2011 for 16 million GUARANATEED. There were no incentives. It was a flat 8 mil per year deal that he rejected.

Get it?

We've been over this a dozen times or more here on this board.  Welkie thought he was worth more, became self centered, entitled, etc, like Brady has, and BB and Kraft were stunned that offer was rejected.

So, they tagged him at 9.5, which is still the most money he's ever seen by any franchise in one season.

[/QUOTE]

Welker knew he was worth more and would have got it the year he was franchised. He was a good soldier signing that deal in good faith to get an extension since he wanted to remain a Patriot. It ended up costing himself a multiyear deal in his last prime year since guys 32 and older at skilled positions don't get multiyear deals for big money. Belicheck played it right getting the most out him before his skills would slowly decline this season and future years but the fact that people like you try to discredit Welker saying he walked away from more money here is false considering Patriots countered the Denver deal with less guaranteed and crazy incentives. That's why people like me know Edelman will be getting a big raise and it won't be from the Patriots since they rather sign guys to small contracts and let them battle it out in camp which is why Patriots WR corps is among the worst in the NFL.

Mankins situation was different because he was entering his prime years and got franchised after signing his restricted tender in good faith on a promise to have an extension and didn't get it leading to him holding out till week 10 to get credit for a season and calling the Pats liars. Patriots lost leverage cause Mankins is a prideful guy that outplayed his rookie contract and knew the Patriots couldn't keep affording to franchise him and would lose him to another team if they didn't pay him top Guard money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

If you think Welker wouldn't have got that big of a deal in the open market the year he was franchsied then why didn't the Patriots let him test the market to sign him for much less matching other teams deals.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Welker knew he was worth more and would have got it the year he was franchised. He was a good soldier signing that deal in good faith to get an extension since he wanted to remain a Patriot. It ended up costing himself a multiyear deal in his last prime year since guys 32 and older at skilled positions don't get multiyear deals for big money. Belicheck played it right getting the most out him before his skills would slowly decline this season and future years but the fact that people like you try to discredit Welker saying he walked away from more money here is false considering Patriots countered the Denver deal with less guaranteed and crazy incentives. That's why people like me know Edelman will be getting a big raise and it won't be from the Patriots since they rather sign guys to small contracts and let them battle it out in camp which is why Patriots WR corps is among the worst in the NFL.

Mankins situation was different because he was entering his prime years and got franchised after signing his restricted tender in good faith on a promise to have an extension and didn't get it leading to him holding out till week 10 to get credit for a season and calling the Pats liars. Patriots lost leverage cause Mankins is a prideful guy that outplayed his rookie contract and knew the Patriots couldn't keep affording to franchise him and would lose him to another team if they didn't pay him top Guard money.

[/QUOTE]

It's only 1 year ago where he was franchised.   You think Denver had the money last year?  They didn't.  Dumervil was still on their books.

So, what team with what QB had the money for a Welker at 8-10 mil per off the lockout, knowing that really the elite QB and the system here or now in Denver is why Welker thrives?

Welker's market was limited for this fact.  BB knew this. Welker did not, was probably told this point blank at one point towards the end of the negotiations in 2011, and that was that.

BB activated the tag, rented him for a year, overpaid him that year in 2012, and Welkie droppedd another key ball in the AFC Title game.

See ya.

Edelman comes in and does the same job for far less the cost.

[/QUOTE]

KEEP SAVING THAT MONEY KRAFT AND BB!

and why you should give a damn what a billionaire spends to help ur team win shows ur an idiot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's only 1 year ago where he was franchised.   You think Denver had the money last year?  They didn't.  Dumervil was still on their books.

So, what team with what QB had the money for a Welker at 8-10 mil per off the lockout, knowing that really the elite QB and the system here or now in Denver is why Welker thrives?

Welker's market was limited for this fact.  BB knew this. Welker did not, was probably told this point blank at one point towards the end of the negotiations in 2011, and that was that.

BB activated the tag, rented him for a year, overpaid him that year in 2012, and Welkie droppedd another key ball in the AFC Title game.

See ya.

[/QUOTE]

So why the franchise then when your saying no team had the money? Just like Welker Edleman will test the market and will get offered more than what the Patriots are thinking of offering him. Then we'll see who replaces Edelman's production since all the other WR's were disappointments including the rookie WR's. Belicheck got real lucky that Edelman broke out after having several injury campaign type years in the system. I'm not sold Dobson is a potentail starting caliber WR that can become a weapon on offense. It's great he put up decent numbers for a rookie but that's also a product of the Patriots having bad WR's and him being forced to play when he clearly wasn't ready showing High School quality hands with all those drops. I know Glass Amendola won't last a few weeks straight getting anything close to those targets and he's mediocre anyway so I wonder what sorry free agent class Belicheck will summon to camp this season. Maybe he go bargain shopping again for half a dozen over the hill WR's at 750k a piece to compete in camp since the jury is still out that he hasn't drafted a quality WR in ten years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But that guy, Danny Amendola who they brought in to replace Welker sure didn't.  OUCH!  But I already told you he wasn't going to, you didn't listen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

donkos recievers are gonna get roughed up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/bobby-wagner-says-seahawks-will-hit-broncos-if-they-run-pick-plays/

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But that guy, Danny Amendola who they brought in to replace Welker sure didn't.  OUCH!  But I already told you he wasn't going to, you didn't listen.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman took over. BB made a mistake getting Amendola. It was probably JMcD who begged BB to get him.

BB needs to ask Amendola to take a pay cut, so he can pay Edelman what Wes Weekarms would have got.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought he produced solidly in the 13 games he played in.  Very David Pattenesque kind of production and I liked David Patten.

He was a player who has 3 rings and played here before you became a fan.

bawahhah!

[/QUOTE]

Amendola was nothing you thought he would be. Bwahaha!

People are saying Pats should get rid of him after 1 season! Bwahaha!

He didn't come close to Welkers production when in NE. Bwahaha!

I told you!  Bwahaha!

I was right, you were wrong.. again! Bwahaha!

You never been to a Pats game, you only hear stories of you family going and sitting on the metal bleachers. Bwahaha!

You are a fraud! Bwahaha!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"BB made the right move here, regardless of what happens on Sunday. "

Umm, I'm gonna say no. At this point it's advantage Welker, from a standpoint I never expected: he took out Talib which completely changed the AFC championship game. I'm not certain the Pats win if Talib doesn't go out but they are certainly more competitive. 

Welker wins this round. And if he plays a key role in a Super Bowl win for Denver that will underscore that just a bit further. 

There is an unlikely but possible scenario where the pendulum would swing back to "BB made the right move." That is: Broncos lose the Super Bowl, then the Pats to the Super Bowl and win next year with Amendola being a solid contributor. 

If so, BB still gets the last laugh. But for now it's getting very tough to argue that Amendola-over-Welker was a good move. And keep in mind I was in favor of it at the time. I badly wanted BB to be proven right on this particular point. I have been critical of Welker's postseason drops and thought Amendola's youth and versatility would win out.

But, sometimes you have to let go of something you badly want to be true in favor of something that actually is true. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Welker held the edge in games (13 vs. 12), receptions (73 vs. 54), yards (778 vs. 633), touchdowns (a career-high 10 vs. 2) and, maybe most important, his team’s wins (13 vs. 12). Narrowing that last category down to the games played, the Broncos won 11 times with Welker on the field to the Patriots’ nine with Amendola. In the end, both clubs earned first-round byes, won their divisional games, and now one will play for the Lombardi trophy.

Immeasurable is that Welker’s numbers may have been much better – at least his catches and yards – working with Brady rather than in a historically proficient Broncos offense where he wasn’t Manning’s first option. One could easily argue a demerit for Amendola, since the stats he was expected to produce as a go-to slot receiver were stolen by Julian Edelman once he proved more reliable.

This debate is stupid; Edelman is the new Welker, not Amendola.

Now, perhaps, but that wasn’t the plan. Amendola was the supposed second choice to Welker.

The suddenly indispensable Edelman rejoined the Patriots in the offseason at the veteran’s minimum after drawing little interest in free agency. He was never expected to make 105 catches for 1,056 yards. Both totals are about three times his previous career-highs, set in 2009. The Pats lucked out in tapping into Edelman’s success and once-elusive health.

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2014/01/patriots_made_mistake_in_amendola_over_welker.html

LMAO @ Rusty!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did you see the interview or are you just taking this from what you read?  Don't bother answering because I already know the answer.

Just Rusty being Rusty.   Funny how I told you the Broncos were going to be the team to beat before the season started.  You better be praying the Broncos don't win on Sunday!!

[/QUOTE]

Did you say that knowing this team would be decimated by injuries, Nostrdamus?

I never said a word about it not being NE vs Denver in the title game either.  We would have wiped the floor with them if we had even just 2 more starters available.

Gronk and Talib, for example and we're in the SB.

Way too many losses to overcome.

You better start praying the Donkeys do win, boy. You best hope, otherwise, you're cooked here for good.

[/QUOTE]

Excuses, excuses! 

You have no guarantees, at this point it is pure speculation.    The matter of fact is that I told you the Broncos were going to be the team to beat and guess what, they are in the SB as the favorite... they are the team to beat! I told you they would be clear back before the season started. 

At the same time I also told you Amendola wouldn't be anything you said he would be this season and that he can not stay on the field....  Right again!!

LOL at "You better start praying the Donkeys do win, boy. You best hope, otherwise, you're cooked here for good."

Everything I said was going to happen has happened.  Face it, you were wrong, again!  You have not proved me wrong about ANYTHING... while I continue to prove you wrong, time and again.  My streak continues!

I have predicted the Seahawks winning on Sunday, even have explained on here how they are going to do it.  But if the Broncos happen to win, what a complete disaster for you.  You will not live it down, you can bet on that.  Maybe you better start paying attention to what I have to say instead of continuing to push your garbage around here.

[/QUOTE]

What?

So, you think Seattle wins but you predicted Denver as the winner before?

Contradict yourself much?

lmao

You're just trying to straddle both sides of the fence here:

1. You are gay for Welkie, obviously.

2. You are gay for Brady, so you don't want Gomie to win another SB.

Technically, you can't lose. LOL!

I think if Denver wins, Brady has a lot of questions to answer for our fanbase next year and beyond playing with one of the most talentedd rosters in football.

I just hope Goodell doesn't get involved on Sunday. There will be a lot of eyes watching that, but he's not out of the woods with it either.

[/QUOTE]

Can you read?  I said Denver was the team to beat.  They are favored!  That would make them the team to beat, wouldn't you agree?  Oh, and just as I predicted!   Dude, you gotta learn to be object and take the rose colored glasses off.  Hey, it's great to cheer on our team and be big fans, talk some smack to other fans, but you can't let those glasses blind out reality.  It makes you look like a fool.

Yeah, funny.... It pretty much turns out to be a no lose game for me.  It's not how I wanted it to go, but it's how I predicted it would go. 

If Denver wins, there are a lot of people who will question BB and why he can't get his offense some receivers weapons to throw to like Elway and the Broncos did.  You know, if you have a HOF QB, give him some talent to throw to.  And of course this will always lead to questioning BB and his bad decision concerning the Welker/Amendola situation. 

[/QUOTE]

Elway is not the GM. He did nothing. Please learn what Elway does. McDaniels, ironically set them up. McDaniels. 2010 draft, dealing Cutler, etc.  McDaniels.

Elways is a moron and might be half horse. 

The receivers here this year were good. The TEs were All Pro barring unforeseen issues.

You also act like Brady is handicapped by design. Sick. Absolutely sick. You're almost thrilled with the bad luck with the injuries, which makes you a troll.

Please go away. Many of us sat on this metal bleachers through 3-13 seasons. Go away, you poseur.

Ugh.

So awful.   I cannot stand weak character people like you and I know many here agree. You are not welcome and do not get what it means to be from New England. You'll never get it, phony.

[/QUOTE]

The receivers here this year were good? Which ones beside Edelman? 

No way Edelman, amendola, Dobson, collie, thompkins stack up against Thomas, decker, welker...not even a contest. 

However, I won't say this is why we didn't win. It's bigger than that, and gronk's injury. 

Like you, I was bullish on our D to start the year. Without injury they are top 7 or so. 

24. This post has been removed.